Notices

Old 09-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
Stozzy Stozzy Stozzy Stozzy
General Chat

Free reign here. Just follow the rules (blatant vulgarity, racial/religious slander, 'cat fighting', etc not tolerated).

Just be friendly and respectful. I'm not a prude and I got a mouth, but be mindful that others don't share the same sailor-claden verbage.

DM - The Alchemical Darkness
Old 09-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20680
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Hi Stozzy,

I am hopping to get an application together here, but probably won't have time till next week. Quick question, you state in the application that you are using the Core Rules and Supplements. Are you allowing material from Unearthed Arcana then? (technically it's play test material, but I was thinking of pulling the Mystic from it if allowed).
Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2657
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
Hi all! Just checking in to say hi, and I'm looking forward to gaming with you all.

Here be dragons ...
On indefinite hiatus from gaming ...
Old 09-17-2015, 01:21 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm trying to steer away from UA, but I'm reviewing on an as needed basis. So if you can toss me a link to the material I'll check it out...

I will say, however, no psionics will be allowed. That's just a personal rule, I've always hated running psionics in my campaigns in 3.5e.

So to everyone, since I've been lazy/busy and haven't got the rules updated and what not, UA material MAY be allowed after review, just please send me the material and what you're wanting, and no psionics.

Old 09-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stozzy View Post
I'm trying to steer away from UA, but I'm reviewing on an as needed basis. So if you can toss me a link to the material I'll check it out...

I will say, however, no psionics will be allowed. That's just a personal rule, I've always hated running psionics in my campaigns in 3.5e.

So to everyone, since I've been lazy/busy and haven't got the rules updated and what not, UA material MAY be allowed after review, just please send me the material and what you're wanting, and no psionics.
You clearly never used them in 2nd edition then, Lol. Ok, I'll come up with something else then.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:34 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
HAHA... didn't even think the mystic was a psionic. For some reason I was thinkin Druid archetype or somethin.

And I don't think I ever touched 2e... all 3/3.5. The only time I ever really saw psionics in play they were wrecking balls or through enough curveballs to make me question my ability to on-the-fly DM. Even wielding the power of a god, there were moments I was just like "derp?"

Maybe I'll read in to and for the sake of new beginnings with 5e i'll open my mind to psionics (...see what I did there?) but it's gonna take some readin and coordination with the modules.

...worst case I could just throw in a bunch of mindless magic guarded adamantine golems... and flying monkeys... and a fluffy white bunny...

Old 09-17-2015, 06:05 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Well, the UA is really only play-test material, the the Mystic presented there only goes to level 5. The one I like plays more like a fighter with the Paladins Divine Smite ability, expect using Psi points instead of spell slots.

Yea, 2.0 that was my favorite class, specifically i loved using dimension door. Guy throws a dagger at you? Nope, it appears in his back. Or traps to make charging enemies at you suddenly find themselves falling from 50 feet in the air. Or position both sides horizontally 10' apart, then whoever steps into it falls until you close it. Yea, good times in high school back in the 90s. (My group was pissed TSR sold out, and we never switched from 2.0)
Old 09-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I started mid highschool so like 2001? So I guess I started right at the end of 3.0. I don't even remember the move to 3.5e at the time... it was all kinda the same thing haha. But that doesn't sound terrible. I'm used to these psi builds that basically mind spike everything with no resist, then god willing something is able to take a swing, poof... psi is invincible or became a nuclear missle or somethin crazy.

Maybe the 3.5e psi just caught a bad cutover from 2e? And it is playtest... which i kinda feel obligated to dabble in to provide constructive reviews haha.

Old 09-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, here is the link to the Mystic:
UA6_AwakenedMystic

I'll put one app in for that in case you are open to trying it out in 5e, and one more traditional app.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:20 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I kinda combed over it yesterday, I'll have a sit down with the material. I think regardless, I'm just gonna go for it and get over my disdain haha.

Also, announcement to everyone, we'll have some material up over the weekend, but early-access Swordcoast is dropping, too soooo there's a strong chance I may be enthralled in a digital DM toolset !O.o!

Old 09-18-2015, 12:38 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
Lol yes that will get some of my time too
Old 09-18-2015, 01:52 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nice... Nice...

Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OK guys, gonna get some more stuff published today and I'll get a kick start for the first group hopefully by end of my shift. Weekend was CHAOS (2 local festivals and a friend in town... writing under those conditions could have proven disastrous)

But I'm liking the char pool, I'll look over sheet but I didn't see anything I didn't like.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:48 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
OK guys, updated the rules and what not. It's kinda lengthy, but mostly commons sense stuff. Be respectful, don't meta game, and don't argue in threads.

I also upped starting level to 2. Thinking about it 1 just seems... weak. I almost went 3, but 2 I feel is the best starting point.
So I'll let everybody bump up as we go. Everyone can take MAX HP for 2nd, as well. 3rd on will be rolled or take the average.

Also Alpha thread is up, game thread in progress.

Last edited by Stozzy; 09-23-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Dreaming of Dragons

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2657
GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong GryffinSong
Awesome! Am updating Shayna's character sheet. How do you feel about starting gear? I had just put the default gear for her class and background, but looking through it with an eye to second level, it might be better to get starting gold and purchase stuff. I don't mind her list except that she has no long-range weapon and can't afford to buy a long bow. Thanks, and I look forward to beginning play.

Here be dragons ...
On indefinite hiatus from gaming ...