twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 11:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 135
Codex Sparks Codex Sparks
Wild Shape and HoofnoteThe decorating goes well. Hoofnote is able to catch any mistakes Wild Shape makes. The final result is not up to the quality of an expert, but it is remarkable for a pair of stallions with no particular taste in aesthetics.

GearshiftPinkie smiles. "That sounds awesome! I'll make sure to let you borrow the plans for my cannon. And of course I'm having a party. I had been thinking a 'welcome to Ponyville' party, but maybe it should be a 'cheer up and stop being a grump, prince' party instead. He sure seems to need it." She pulls and envelope out of her mane, scribbles for a second then hoofs it to Gearshift. it reads "You are invited to a Welcome to Ponyville party! Cheer up and stop being a grumpy pants, Prince Blueblood party. It will be held at 8:00 PM in the lobby of the Ponyville hotel."

MiraRarity blinks and looks at Mira confused for a moment as she tries to figure out how to react to what she was just told.
After that moment she focuses on what she sees as the most important part of it. "The Prince Blueblood is in my shop? And he wants a suit from me?" She squeels in delight and darts into a back room only to return a moment later with a rack of suits. "Let's see what I have. If nothing here will do I can make one custom, but I'm sure I have something. If you want to place an order I can make something, but first we should focus on getting you into something clean, my prince."

Last edited by Codex Sparks; 06-07-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3070
Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale
"Yeah I ain't even going to bother asking where they went. Whoever was meant to put this in place should not have just left it like this. So if anyone complains, no fur off my back." Wild Shape stated with a shrug as he put the final decoration into place before cleaning up the town hall from left over materials, dust and other things. Putting away the dustbin he chucked a ball of paper into a trashcan as he moved towards the exit. "Anyway, Pinkie is inviting everypony for some part at the hotel. Apparently for that big mouthed fop who is causing all this distraction. I am unsure what the time is at the moment but her letter said it would start at 8 pm. So you up for watching the reactions of a Canterlot noble flankhole when he is given a Pinkie rated party? It is bound to be hilarious."
Old 06-09-2017, 07:56 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Mira tilts her head at the speed in which Rarity prepares things, though she is a bit disappointed that she didn't elicit the indignation she had expected. Still, she understands, because she's been known to do similar things. The skill of the craft, the opportunity to do something great will always overrule most things, and despite their wildly different personalities, Mira does have that in common with Rarity.

'And of course, Rarity would be fascinated with the jerk. Still, she'll see him as he really is eventually, because she isn't stupid and he isn't worth her time.' She thinks to herself for a moment as Prince Blueblood is figuratively beaten over the head with Rarity's excitement. She hopes he'll be able to appreciate her talent, though she doubts it. She gives Rarity one last smile, "Don't hold him hostage too long, Rarity. Considering that he stopped by to make sure the food was sufficient, I imagine he has other Duties." The last word is emphasized with a withering glare towards the pompous unicorn, as she tries to drive in her earlier insult and the promise that people would see him as he really is, eventually. But she finds her temper calming as she turns to leave the infuriating situation before she bites her hoof again. And outside the boutique, she finds herself looking for Wild Shape's shop, and also looking towards the sky, thinking that Rainbow Dash would likely be amused by the whole situation.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 AM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5143
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
"I think we have plenty of time before the party starts then." replied Hoofnote.
"I thought I'd just check the landscaping around here, if the decorations got neglected there could be a other things that got missed. I may not be much of a gardener but I do know how to pull weeds, and I'd rather not have the Princess think of Ponyville as some little unkempt town she visited once if I can help it. You may not be a master of making a good impression," he said bluntly, "but you do seem a bit more in tune with nature than a lot of unicorns I've met. I could use a helping hoof double checking that everything is in order before going to party the night away."

Hoofnote wasn't particularly interested in watching yet another pony get their first dose of Pinkie Pie. It had somehow gotten predictable and lost its appeal. Though that probably had something to do with living so close to the middle of town, seeing the gamut of reactions to Pinkie was probably more fun when it didn't happen frequently outside your shop. But Pinkie was sure to have some kind of caffeinated refreshments, and she could at least brew a decent cup of coffee. Partying was definitely on the agenda for tonight; mingling with the Prince, definitely not.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale Silverscale
"Respect Nature for she is an ill tempered mare when she wants to be. Sort of like most Mares now that I think of it." Wild Shape said with a chuckle before pushing up the doors with a slam. "I do not mind checking out what kind of bucking stupidity has been made to impress the Princess. Upkeep is fine and all but if you overdo it you damage the plants themselves and that's NOT a good thing. If you are not careful with how you handle nature will you bite off more then you can chew. Sort of like how some ponies do not realize that it takes skill to eat a triple decked oatburger and just lock their jaws when they try to bite into the delicious burger. Hmmm... nah I already ate... maybe just a soft drink or some milkshake?" He muttered the last part to himself as he got a bit thirsty talking about food.
Old 06-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14273
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Awesome! We're gonna need a party to wash out all the stuffy that Prince Bluebore brought in, and if Princess Celestia is gonna be here, we need to show what Ponyville is really about, not just a buncha fakers puttin' on airs. Ooh, this is gonna be a big project, I better help," says the inventor pony, her mind already clicking with the possibilities. As the two discuss the upcoming party, music starts to play, seemingly from nowhere, although neither of them react as though this was unusual in any way. Leaning up against each other in seemingly practiced unison the pair spontaneously break into song.

We're gonna have the bestest, biggest, party of them all!
With fun and games and pie and cake! Who needs some silly ball?

We'll play pin the tail on the pony!
With laser-guided sights!
Everypony'll be so happy!
If I can get the targeting right...

By the time the duo has reached the chorus at least a dozen other ponies have joined in the background, stopping whatever they're doing to sing along in perfect harmony. Eventually the song finishes with an explosion of streamers and balloons as Gearshift and Pinkie smile off in the direction the blue-maned pony pointed earlier, each with a forelegs draped around the other's shoulder. They hold for a moment before relaxing, the other ponies laughing and going about their business, both mares suddenly deep in thought.

"Y'know, a party bomb's probably not the best idea now that I think about it," admits Gearshift, resting her chin on a hoof contemplatively. "I mean it'll get plenty of coverage all at once, but if the party stalls out, well, you got nothin' left. Unless I were to build another party bomb, but I never build the same thing twice," she muses, scratching her chin as she thinks. "We need a bigger party cannon, with increased range and payload. And it needs to be mobile, in case the party heads outside or somethin'," she ponders, her mind running through several ideas. Suddenly both Gearshift and Pinkie get the same expression of realization on their faces, turning to each other with a double hoof bump and mutual exclamation.

Party tank!!!
Old 06-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wild Shape and HoofnoteMost of the flower beds near the town hall do not appear to have been tended at all yet that day, as their are a few weeds among them. However, Roseluck appears to have just started weeding one of the beds. A few moments after Wild Shape and Hoofnote step outside they see Mira walk around the town hall.

Mira"Of course, dear." Replies Rarity, before turning her focus fully back on to Blueblood. "Now then, I think this suit would suit you best..."
As soon as Mira makes her way around the town hall she sees Wild Shape and Hoofnote standing on the porch of town hall.

GearshiftAs the crowd disperses, a blue unicorn stallion with a book cutie mark steps towards Gearshift and Pinkie, gives Pinkie an 'I'm watching you' gesture, then teleports away. Pinkie cheerfully ignores this. "Do you need any help with that? Or should I focus on planning and invitations?"
Old 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM
Mmmm, crunchy.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5143
Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer Cereal Nommer
"Hi, Mira." says Hoofnote as she rounds the corner. Not running or out of breath, no smell of burnt fur, no yelling. "It looks like you managed to rein in your famous hot temper. Are you done for the day, I'd think you'd be doing the rest of the prep work early in the morning? The celebration's technically tomorrow, but it's not like they could get another caterer on such short notice." he said.

"Wild Shape and I were going to head over to Pinkie's precelebration festivities, he's not so bad once you get to know him. We were just checking for weeds and stuff around the town hall first." he explained, pulling up a stray dandelion in one of the other flower beds and chewing on it. "You should come along if you're free."
Old 06-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Wild Shape had carefully cut off some wild weeds and had roleld them together like a ball and was chewing them like a grassy bubble gum when he heard Hoofnote speak? Looking over he spoke up, green drool sliding down his chin as he spoke with his mouth ful of weeds."Huh? Whut did youh sahy?"

Swirling the now bitter mass of weeds in his mouth Wild Shape spat the mass into the soil near the flower bed, it would be good fertilizer and not release any weeds since he had chewed it into mush. Wiping his muzzle with the back of his hoof Wild Shape looked at Mira and just gave a small wave before speaking "Yoh! You're that new chef right? Mira something right? Sorry if I cannot remember you, I am not the most social of ponies." *Not that anypony has ever really bothered to try.* He thought to himself before yanking out another weed plant, and folding it into another Weed Gum for chewing and spitting.

Last edited by Silverscale; 06-15-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:20 PM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Mira walks along, then notices Hoofnote and Wild Shape milling about around the town hall. Or rather, she notices only after Hoofnote addresses her. She thinks on his words, then gives him an impish grin, "If reining in my temper means I didn't yell at him or smash pie into his nice suit, then no... I did not rein it in. No burning, though, so that's a win. I just dropped off the infuriating snob off at the Carousel Boutique, so he's Rarity's problem now. I was just wondering where Rainbow Dash is - I know she'd get a kick out of all of this."

She giggles to herself, shaking her head at the situation, but she's trying to make the best of it. She thinks on the rest of the questions then shrugs lightly, "I think the work can get by without me for a while. The Apple Family is helping out and they are fine cooks, so I trust them to take care of it for a while. I should drop by later to check on things, and buckle down tomorrow for the final stretch."

With those things spoken, she turns her eyes to Wild Shape, and find she's looking up at him. She's a relatively small pony, yet he is one of the tallest ponies she had ever seen. She gives him a smile and bows her neck politely, "Yes, I am Mira. Mirepoix Flair, if you want the whole name, though I'd rather hear the short name. Don't worry about not remembering me, since we've never met. I've been wanting to meet you, though. I've been meaning to explore The Everfree and see what ingredients can be found there, and word is that you know the place better than anypony." As she talks to the two ponies, she finds herself carefully plucking some of the weeds as well, though every so often certain weeds will find their way into her bag, to be saved for later.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
His ears twitched as she spoke of the Everfree and he got a wide smirk on his face. "The Everfree is filled with both wonders and dangers. She is a fine mare, both intimidating and beautiful. There are both wild beasts, dangerous plants and the occasional treasure. Most of my time is spent hunting for plants, fruits, reagents and other such materials. I know most of the forest but there are places within it I do not wander in without proper preparation, if at all."

Giving out a burp he spat out another chewed up weed into a flowerbed, fertilizing it with the grounded up vegetation. He was folding another weed ball as he spoke to Mira. "One of the most common dangers and treasures of the Everfree is the Poison Joke fields. Fields of blue flowers that enforce a magical transformation or transfiguration upon your body. It affects your special talents, your most treasured aspect of yourself, your most developed physical attribute or something seemingly random yet still deeply connected to who you are. They are living jester plants, making a joke out of whoever touches them directly."

He spits out another ball and starts chewing yet another, while starting to mark with his making, a glowing line in the open air. Marking down the features and abilities of the blue flower. While levitating a stick and pointing at the different parts of the flower image. "The Poison Joke Flower's effect is actually caused by a combination of its pollen and petals, sort of like combining two ingredients to get a certain flavour or effect. The safest way to handle them is to pick them up with magical levitation, tool manipulation or with proper protection. If your body physically touches the petals while the pollen is on your physical body, the poison joke will affect your body. Yet the Poison Joke is a very valuable herb. It is part of several remedies, potions and other types of herbal based work. It is the key ingredient for Max Potion's Transformation Potion, all manners of chemical mixtures involving causing or removing transformations contain Poison Joke. It tast a bit like blueberries with a hint of mint. So as a spice I guess it has potential. but I have no clue how it would be done to make it harmless to be used for it. Yet there are many other herbs, fruits, vegetables, flowers and even seeds you can eat within the Everfree."

Through his entire lecture, Wild Shape had never stopped chewing and spitting weed balls. Even as a small crowd gathered to look at one of the more silent ponies in town, BABBLE, was down right... weird. Even for Ponyville this was one of the oddest things they had seen. Wild Shape, NEVER, talked like this. NEVER! Some of them were starting to wonder if he was feeling ill or stressed to act so out of character.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14273
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"I think I got it. I just need to draw up the blueprints, round up some supplies, build the chassis, build and install an engine, rig up some treads, build the turret, and incorporate the specs for the party cannon. I can probably pass on the armor plating, I don't think we're gonna be throwin' a party in hostile territory. Are we?" asks Gearshift, raising an eyebrow inquisitively. It seems to be a rhetorical question though as she doesn't wait for a response before continuing.

"Go through some test runs, make some adjustments, fine-tune the targeting systems. Eight o'clock you say? Plenty of time. Feel free to drop by the workshop to give your input though. I'll leave decoratin' the tank to you, aesthetics has never been my strong suit. Also I don't have any glitter," she says with a shrug, fully aware of how the exciteable pink pony is likely to decorate it. Inwardly she cringes at the idea of a pink, glitter-spackled tank but it will make Pinkie happy and this idea is as much hers as Gearshift's.

Bidding the party pony farewell for now Gearshift heads back to the other side of town. She makes a stop by Wild Shape's shop, he always has an abundance of oddities that she finds useful, but it seems he's closed up. Not unusual, she's had to track him down before. Normally she'd check the woods but since she saw him earlier and there's a big fuss in town she looks to check there first. A few questions from the townsfolk point her in the right direction, he's not hard to miss after all, and she soon finds herself at the town hall. She trots up as the unicorn is finishing his lecture, oblivious to its contents but noting the gathering crowd.

"There you are! I've been lookin' for you, I need some junk from your shop. Not that I'm sayin' your shop is fulla junk, it's just that there is some junk in it, and that's what I need. I gotta build a tank," she explains without actually explaining anything. "No rush though, I got plenty of time. Oh Hoofnote! Long as you're here I need to order some more drafting paper. About to run out again," she continues, turning to face her fellow earth pony. She just picked up a ream a little over a week ago but she apparently burns through it like firewood in the winter, which is no surprise really. "Mira! Please tell me you gave that snot your stampede chili! Were there flames shooting outta his mouth? Anywhere else?" she asks with an evil grin.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EveryponyA colorful head pokes over the edge of a nearby cloud, and then the pegasus it is attached to flies down to the group, revealing itself to be Rainbow Dash. "Did someone say my name?" After listening to Wild Shape's babble she asks "Wait, so there are plants that prank ponies? Awesome! Where can I find some?"

Last edited by Codex Sparks; 06-17-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:21 AM
This Guy!

Tools
User Statistics
As Wild Shape goes into such a long winded speech, Mira is taken aback by the outburst, though not unpleased. His knowledge is impressive, though she does feel slightly offended that he would assume she wouldn't prepare before entering the forest. After all, the forest is what drew her, and yet after five weeks, she still hasn't entered the place. But she listens eagerly as he expounds the effects of the Poison Joke. When he tails off, Mira opens her mouth to speak, but the appearance of Gearshift throws her off.

Mira listens as Gearshift speaks to the very large pony, then places her hoof on her forehead when Gearshift mentions Blueblood in conjunction with her chili. She grimaces, and opens her mouth once again... and once again, she's interrupted by the sudden appearance of Rainbow Dash, whose enthusiasm makes Mira giggle.

When she has the chance, her mouth goes into motor mode, so nopony else can throw off her chain of thought, "No Gearshift, I was getting too angry to think straight, so I didn't feed him my chili... though maybe, it'll be his main course in the very near future. Instead, I decided that it would be best if I yelled at him and smashed pie into his expensive suit. And by 'decided', I mean I lost control and that's what happened. I passed him onto Rarity, just now. And you - Hello Rainbow Dash. You totally missed the whole debacle with me and Prince Blueblood. I'll have to give you a blow by blow sometime later. What have you been up to? I haven't seen mane, wing or tail of you all day."

Mira gives a bright smile, even as she takes a deep breath to recover from her own speech, then she turns her eyes back to Wild Shape, "It's nice to meet you, Wild Shape, but you shouldn't assume that everypony isn't wood-savvy. I may be from Manehattan, but I've been to many places, all over Equestria. I've stayed out of the Forest this long, so that when I do, I will be prepared. But I'd like to know more about the Forest, and the things within. And the Poison Joke does sound awesome, and I want a bunch of it to experiment with. See if I can use the flavor, which sounds like it'd be a good sorbet. And I enjoy making potions too. After all, what is brewing with a cauldron, but a different type of cooking?"
Old 06-18-2017, 11:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Wild Shape just decided to halt Rainbow Dash's attempts of finding the Poison Joke right there. "Not a good idea there Rainbow Crash. The Poison Joke is a harmless plant with its prank based transformations ans transfiguration, but the effects are hard to reverse unless you know the herbal remedy or how to use transformation magic yourself. And with your severe lack interest in all manners of reading materials not involving pretty pictures and heavy action, I say you got as much chance of properly handling this plant and curing the after effects as a squirrel in a coffee shop of NOT causing a disaster. Which is, in other words, NIL, ZIP, NADA, NOTHING, VOID, ZERO and NEVER."

"Also, do not try to tell me you can 'totally handle it, I am too awesome to get beat by a silly plant'. Need I remind you that in the years that you have lived here, I have never seen you NOT make a mess of things when it involves things you think you can handle even if you have no knowledge, experience or even idea of how to do so." Turning away from Rainbow Dash, Wild Shape turned towards Mira and spoke up with a smile. "I spoke only in general terms, most ponies do not know how to prepare for their own garden let alone the Everfree Forest. I am more then willing to tell you all I know about the Everfree Forest. My shop is located just to the edge of town by the road leading towards the Everfree Forest."

He then looked at Gearshift and jerked his head towards his shop's location. "Follow me Gearshift, I will open the store for you. Just try not to ask for too much, I have to make a restocking soon so there might not be too much for you to get." Wild Shape the walked down the road towards his store and house, pulling out weeds, folding them, chewing them and spitting them on the way. He looked back and spoek to Mira as he lead Gearshift towards his store. "Come along if you want to, the store is not to far from here an you can check out some of my goods if you want to."

The surrounding ponies seemed to freeze yet again. That had been the most polite conversation they had, ever, heard from Wild Shape. It was something they had not heard from him, ever, or well not since he was foal. One of the less sane ponies quickly ran down the road screaming, "The end is neigh! Ours is eternal damnation!", which most ignored. Doom Speaker had a way with overreacting.

Last edited by Silverscale; 06-18-2017 at 02:16 PM.