Game Thread Chapter One: Felucia - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Dawn of Defiance > DoD Archives
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
Chapter One: Felucia

The group makes itself comfortable aboard the Banshee as Okeefe fills you in.

"Crash has plotted a hyperspace course which will take us to the planet Felucia, close to where the admiral is being held in a prison block. Felucia is one big jungle so you can expect to get dirty once we land. There are cities on the planet but we will be staying well away from those. Sit tight and enjoy the ride."


"Ready to enter hyperspace,"
says Crash from his co-pilot chair.

"Let's get moving then."


Okeefe takes her place next to Crash and takes the controls. Suddenly there is a lurch as the Banshee flies forward at tremendous speed. Only a few seconds pass, it seems, before you suddenly jolt forward in your seats. Below you is a green planet.

"The trajectory was perfect,"
says Crash. "We are on an exact vector which will take us to the prison facility, just a few-"

Crash's self-congratulations are interrupted by Okeefe's screams.

"A Star Destroyer! Everyone sit tight, things are going to get bumpy!"


Through a window in the cockpit you see the unmistakable dagger-shaped craft coming into view and approaching the Banshee. Okeefe immediately pushes the control lever forward, sending your ship into a steep dive through Felucia's atmosphere.

As you hold on for dear life, you see the fungal swamps and jungles, with huge mushroom-like plants reaching high into the clouds like skyscrapers. It would be beautiful if you were not heading straight for it.

Finally Okeefe pulls back on the controls, but a metal screeching from the rear of the ship reveals all is not well following her manouvre. The ship lurches down, through the fungal canopy, and another bump sends you sprawling on the floor. Finally the captain manages to control the craft sufficiently to crash-land it.

Once the shock of what has happened sinks away, you pick yourselves up, amazed to see nobody has been injured.

"Well, we're here,"
says Okeefe. "Let's see what the damage is." She opens a hatch and climbs out with Crash. After a couple of minutes they return with bad news.

"We've got some repairs to do. This ship ain't taking off for at least a day, maybe two. And this is my optimistic face. I think you four will have to go on foot to the jungle while Crash and me repair the Banshee. Please tell me at least one of you has a com-link and a datapad so I can contact you and give you directions to the prison."


The blank faces of the group do not fill her with confidence.
  #2  
Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
Heading out of the ship to investigate the landscape, you clamber out of the hatch and drop down on to the surface of Felucia.

Your first steps make it clear that this planet is truly alive. Massive mushrooms tower overhead, their overhanging edges creating a canopy that blocks out much of the planetís sunlight. Every step on Felucian soil turns up insects and other fungi just beneath the surface. The noise of the jungle is loud and alien, full of the sounds of a hundred insects and animals moving through the mushroom swamps, all part of a living and vibrant ecosystem.

You must head off towards the Imperial prison facility as soon as possible. Okeefe supplies the group with food for a few days' travel, though she says you should not be gone that long. Your trek ahead will be arduous...

OODM: The group needs to make 6 hours of successful travel through the mushroom jungle. Whether one hour's travel is successful or not depends on whether you make a DC 15 Survival check. Decide who will be the 'guide' and that player needs to roll a d20 6 times....
  #3  
Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
A datapad and a comlink? "Mine were stolen.." Lira grumbles as she steps out of the ship. She glances around at the strange fungal flora around her, so different from the sprawling city planet of her homeworld of Coruscant. Born in the city and raised in the Jedi temple, the young padawan is the least likely guide through this jungle, and so she stays silent.
  #4  
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Upon reaching the planet's surface, Lira's survival instinct kicks in and she takes a deep breath, clearing her mind. As is her custom since Order 66, she searches the planet's surface, scanning 100 kilometers to find any other Force sensitive individuals that may be nearby. She does not expect to find any, besides her Twi'lek companion, but at the same time, it does not hurt to be careful.

OOCUse the Force (DC 15)
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+13: (5) + 13 Total = 18
  #5  
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-06-2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,458
Jett grumbles and saunters out of the ship. Muttering something about 'evasive maneuvers' he kicks a small stone laying by the crashsite. "Well I certainly have no experience navigating through jungles. I'm a pilot, I just fly over them"
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair
  #6  
Old 05-06-2008, 05:19 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
As the group stands outside the smashed ship, two humans appear from the hatch behind you. A man and a woman, who look equally shaken up by what has happened, appear before you. Clearly they were already on board but had not introduced themselves to you until now.

Lira attempts to locate other Force users and is amazed to detect one standing right behind her, other than Vas. The woman who has crawled out of the battered ship is clearly Force sensitive.

OODM: Our new two characters, Alysia and Davin, can introduce themselves now. They had both already been recruited by Senator Organa and have been sent to assist with the search for Admiral Varth. Fortunately, at least one of them has a datapad and com-link!

Last edited by coomber; 05-06-2008 at 01:44 PM.
  #7  
Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
GrandCommander13's Avatar
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 is offline
Lord of Space Dundee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-23-2020
RPXP: 4538
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Posts: 3,942
Davin steps out of the hatch, straightening his clothes and glancing at the sporting blaster pistol at his side before observing that the others had already left the cockpit and were waiting for him.

"I'm terribly sorry," he says extending his hand to the group. "I don't think we've been introduced yet. The name's Davin, and the good senator snapped me up for this little expedition at the last minute."

Davin takes a look around at the surrounding jungle. "It's a shame we have to be on a rescue mission though... This place looks like it has good hunting."
  #8  
Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,351
"Damn it!" Alysia yells, rubbing the side of her head where she banged it on impact. "Who's the hell's flying this thing again? A drunken wookie with a missing arm? A Hutt with indigestion?" She walks - a little unsteadily - out of the hatch and turns to take a look at the damage to the ship. Her expression is disapproving. "Great," she mumbles sardonically.

Glancing over at the small group, she shakes her head and mumbles something that's just barely audible... "I think I got hired by the wrong side..."

Taking a few steps closer, she gives each of them an appraising look, then finally nods. "Well, we're here, may as well do it. I'm Alysia Carbaral..." she tells them. Then, glancing over her shoulder and pitching her voice a little louder to be sure it carries, she continues "...pilot."
  #9  
Old 05-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Lira extends her hand to the well spoken man as he introduces himself. "I'm Lira Maye..thank you for joining us on this mission, Davin." She then turns to the surly human girl, her eyes widening in shock as she looks at her. There's no way she's a Jedi.. She stares in disbelief.

"W-Welcome Alysia Carbaral..."
She manages to stutter, glancing meaningfully to Vas to see if he sensed it as well.
  #10  
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
DrakeFlame's Avatar
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2011
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
Posts: 1,522
Vas had been quiet for most of the trip even going as far as to avoid Lira, even while he knew he should talk he had instead decides to look in upon himself searching for guidance.

As they left the ship Vas continued to look space-side thinking about the SD. His lekku twitch as he examines the foliage thinking about what dangers may be hidden in such deceptive looks finding an odd sense of serenity in such a savagely beautiful place. However his moment of peace is ruined as the two humans walk out of the ships hatch. Vas eyes them warily looking them over as they introduce themselves Suspicious if they're working with the senator why weren't they introduced sooner on the ship. They're both Human and that ones too much of a talker. And we already got a pilot, and the Senator knew of that... Suspicious Vas makes a small prod in their direction with the Force examining them. But as soon as he does he tries to close back up in the force, clearing his mind just in case any of the Empire's hunters were around. He glances at them eyes squinting not only to see them better but also in suspicion "Call me Vas. Fancy not seeing you on such a small ship but it's good to have you by any means."

Use the Force as well:
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+8: (9) + 8 Total = 17
__________________
As of June 2007: Nat 1's: 33 Nat 20's: 32
  #11  
Old 05-06-2008, 07:34 PM
GrandCommander13's Avatar
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 is offline
Lord of Space Dundee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-23-2020
RPXP: 4538
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Posts: 3,942
"Yes, quite rude of me, but I..." He pauses for a moment. He seems troubled, but whatever is bothering him he shakes out of his head. "Well, I had some thinking to do, and the trip was far too short for me to come to anything I can call a satisfactory conclusion."

He looks around the jungle again. It's too thick; he can't see where they're going. "This looks like a great place to know a wookiee..." he mutters. "At any rate, looks like we'll just have to fumble through the woods, then. Who wants to be first?"
  #12  
Old 05-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Lira frowns, glancing away from the older girl. I should speak to her when we make camp tonight...She could be in danger. She peers into the dense foliage, her hand drifting to her side to brush the outline of her lightsaber under her jacket.

"I suppose I can take point. The Force will have to be our guide.."

OOC
Survival Checks (sadly I think mine is the highest...)
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (6) + 3 Total = 9

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (9) + 3 Total = 12

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (15) + 3 Total = 18

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (1) + 3 Total = 4

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (6) + 3 Total = 9

Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (11) + 3 Total = 14
  #13  
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 PM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-06-2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,458
At the woman's 'pilot' comment, Jett sneers "Get in line, lady. seems we're more staffed for space transit than jungle trekking. Why Organa wants so many pilots on staff is beyond me. At any rate, let's be off. Hopefully Lira canfumble our way through the foliage." He sets off after the Jedi, hoping she knows just what the hell she's doing.
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair
  #14  
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 AM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,351
As Jett sneers, Alysia glances over at him, raising one eyebrow as the corners of her mouth tick up in a knowing grin. "So, what's your point then? That you helped crash the ship? From what I've seen, Organa only has one pilot on staff."

She looks back at Lira when the young woman introduces herself, her expression a little quizzical at the stammering. Her eyes settle after a moment on the outline of the lightsaber under Lira's jacket, but unsure exactly what it is, she merely nods in recognition of the greeting.

She's silent for a few moments as everyone discusses blazing a trail through the fungus, listening carefully to each person and watching them intently in turn, like a pazaak player trying to learn an opponent's tells. Finally, she speaks up.

"This rock may be primitive, but is there any reason we have to be? If anyone has the coordinates to this prison, a datapad can take us straight there."
  #15  
Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 AM
kedcoleman's Avatar
kedcoleman kedcoleman is offline
Sauceror Supreme
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-06-2019
RPXP: 11800
kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman kedcoleman
Posts: 7,458
Jett turns on Alysia "Show a little respect, girl. I am a veteran pilot of the Clone Wars. I've flown from one end of the Galaxy to the other, in situations that would make your hair go white. I was behind the stick of speeders while you were still in diapers." His ears rise up as he gets heated, the fur on his neck bristling "...and having a map and navigating a dense jungle are two very different things. Why don't you stay behind me and leave some things for the people who've been around the block a couple times, alright?"
__________________
It's a god-awful small affair
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:50 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB