Game Thread Episode IV: Echoes Of The Jedi - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Dawn of Defiance > DoD Archives
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-12-2009, 09:39 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
Episode IV: Echoes Of The Jedi

Click here or right click to open a new tab and hear the intro music:
http://media.putfile.com/Revenge-of-the-Sith-Theme

STAR WARS: DAWN OF DEFIANCE

Episode IV

ECHOES OF THE JEDI

It is a dark time in the galaxy. The Jedi Knights, peaceful guardians of the Old Republic, are all but extinct, exterminated by the Emperorís sinister agents.

But a few Jedi still survive, exiled from the galaxy they once protected and leaving echoes in the Force behind. The Emperor has sensed these remnants and seeks to control them, leaving no chance for future Jedi to arise from the ashes.

Most Jedi stay in hiding, some try to foil the Empire without revealing their existence, and others seek links to their former way of life, risking the wrath of the Emperor in hopes of re-igniting the flame of their ancient order . . .

A week after your adventure on Cato Neimoidia, the group is summoned to the briefing room aboard the Resurgence where Master Denia has instructions for your latest mission.

"Since you rescued me from Darga's palace, I have had time to recover and reflect on our goal - discovering the purpose of the Sarlacc Project.

"While studying at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, I learned about holocrons - recording devices into which the Jedi passed wisdom to pass on to future generations. There is such a holocron that will be of tremendous use to us in the ruins of a Jedi academy in the Cularin system.

"I've never been to the planet Almas but I knew the headmaster there, a serene Jedi master named Lanius Qel-Bertuk. I have no current information on the planet but I can provide coordinates and a path through the treacherous comet cloud that surrounds the Cularin system.

"I feel this is crucial to our cause as I have sensed a link between the Sarlacc Project and the slaves you saved over Bespin. But I have probed the Force and reached my limits. With this holocron I can expand my powers and see through the Force and find the answers we seek. Furthermore I will be able to pass on the lessons it contains to a future generation of Jedi."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-12-2009, 01:23 PM
DrakeFlame's Avatar
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2011
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
Posts: 1,522
Fiddling with the small datapad in front of him, Vas looks up in Master Denia's direction and gives a small nod as he clears his throat, "Yes while we were on Bespin we learned that whatever the Empire is up to, it involves the slaves and large amounts of tibana gas, with new information we should be able to find out more about these slaves and their part in the Sarlacc Project." Pushing the datapad aside Vas frowns thinking over what Master Denia had told them. He had been aware of the small academy away from Coruscant, but having been on the run had left him in the dark about the aftermath of the Clone Wars. Looking to Master Denia again, Vas speaks up considering any complications they could run into, "Master you said the academy there is in ruins, does the Empire have any presence there?"

Mechanics
Galactic Lore Check to remember anything about Almas and the Jedi academy there:
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+10: (15) + 10 Total = 25
__________________
As of June 2007: Nat 1's: 33 Nat 20's: 32
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-13-2009, 05:50 PM
GrandCommander13's Avatar
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 is offline
Lord of Space Dundee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-23-2020
RPXP: 4538
GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13 GrandCommander13
Posts: 3,942
"I know a guy who runs in that sector," Davin says as Vas ponders what he knows about the planet. "Before we leave I'll contact him, and once we're planetside I'll dig up a few of his friends; they're bound to have better information on any hidden Imperial deployments than we would here, unless you snooped around with the Force."

Davin shakes his head. "I can't imagine the Empire would leave a place like that both un-looted and unguarded, but no guts no glory." Davin smiles. "I have a new toy I'm dying to try out."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Lira nods, a small smile on her face as she listens. A chance to rebuild the Jedi Order. To train a whole generation of new Jedi. She glances over to Alysia a little nervously. Her own haphazard training with the girl had given her rudimentary control over the Force, and all things considered, it was astonishing how quickly she had been able to progress. If she had been found earlier, raised at the temple... She dismisses that thought. No sense pondering what might have been's. At any rate, in all likelihood she would have been killed during the so called Jedi Rebellion. Everything happens as the Force wills.

Still, during the downtime with Master Denia, Alysia's training had progressed far beyond what Lira could have taught her. Though Denia had lost her lightsaber sometime between her crash landing and her coma, the two had commenced sparring a little using Lira and Vas's blades, and already the young spacer seemed proficient with the unfamiliar weapon. Lira doubted she would ever forsake the familiarity of her blaster, but at least now she was starting to look the part of a Jedi. If one could look past the engine grease and occasional flashes of rage... She sighs. With only three Jedi left...perhaps in the galaxy, they could not afford to be too picky, especially when she showed so much talent.

"We will find the holocron...and perhaps there will be a cache of crystals at the Academy as well...Our new generation of Jedi will need lightsabers." And I'd like to try my hand at building my own...constructing your own lightsaber was always considered a sign that your training as a padawan was complete and you were ready for the trials. Surely whatever trials might be in store are nothing compared to the ones we've faced. Their recent battle with the Force using Igren Demos and his droids had been a Trial of Skill. The betrayal and slaughter of her fellow padawans and Master were an atrocious Trial of the Flesh. The past year's increasingly dangerous missions were each a Trial of Courage. That still left one Trial she had left to face...The Trial of the Spirit.

"Facing the mirror..." Lira whispers to herself. To pass the Trial of the Spirit, apprentices had to look deep within themselves, on a quest of self-discovery. Often times, apprentices did not like what they saw, and it could be a highly traumatic experience. Her resolve tightened. Though her Trials had been far from conventional, she believed the Force was guiding her to each. This last Trial was not far, she was sure of it. And then, she would at last be a Jedi, and the Galaxy would be one step further from having their light extinguished forever.

Last edited by Elwen; 12-15-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
Vas knew a lot about the planet, the most important detail being that the group would need breathmasks to avoid suffering the effects of the poisonous atmosphere.

The temple had long been ransacked by scavengers, though it was always possible there could be more, looking for a precious artifact the others had somehow missed.

As for an Imperial presence...It was possible that the Empire could be there, just as it was possible they could have a presence anywhere in the galaxy. You would have to find out the hard way, like so many times before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	details.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	38772  
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-15-2009, 11:29 PM
DrakeFlame's Avatar
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2011
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
Posts: 1,522
Smiling as years of browsing the archives and browsing the holonet pay off, Vas pulls up a blank word processor on his datapad quickly jotting down what supplies they would need, "From what I can remember Forard, the town that was built around the academy, was abandoned during the tail end of the clone wars when the academy was destroyed. From rumors I've heard the planet naturally filled up with scavengers eager to find what treasures they could among the ruins. I'm prone to think that if the Empire were to maintain a presence there they would not be so lax as to allow its citizens to dig among dangerous Jedi artifacts."

Leaning back in his chair after finishing his list, Vas glances at the others pushing his datapad towards them, "If anything we'll have to go into this prepared. Planet's atmosphere was once poisonous, and it was only after this kaluthin plant, I believe, was introduced that the atmosphere became inhabitable. Still we'll need breathmasks if we're to go exploring. And if we are going to go explore the ruins we'll need other items such as glowsticks and miscellaneous equipment."
__________________
As of June 2007: Nat 1's: 33 Nat 20's: 32
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-17-2009, 07:33 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
The group decided to keep Switch, although Organa's men would give the droid's memory core a partial wipe. It was agreed that knowledge of the Rebellion, or the identities of Jedis, was too risky to allow him to keep.

The group purchased its breathmasks and other equipment and prepared to take off in your new craft for Almas.

Several hours after leaving the Corellian Run, your starship exits hyperspace at the calculated point just outside the Cularin system. Exactly as you were warned by Master Denia, you notice innumerable comets of all shapes and sizes occasionally colliding with each other, forming an enormous cloud around the system.
Fortunately, you were supplied with a sensor package that analyzes their erratic patterns and calculates a safe path through the cloud. Once past that danger, another jump must be calculated to avoid flying for weeks at sublight speeds. However, this time the calculations are trickier due to large, overlapping gravity wells created by the system’s dense planet cores. But you know people who’ve made the Kessel Run, and this can’t be worse than skirting the Maw cluster. An hour later, you again emerge from hyperspace and the planet farthest from Cularin’s twin suns comes into view, lambent and mysterious: Almas.

The first thing you notice from orbit is the strange luminescence that emanates from the planet itself. The twin suns are too distant to illuminate the planet, and you are approaching from the side facing away from them. Yet most of the surface emits a faint glow, except for one dark spot where the Jedi academy happens to be
located according to your nav computer.

Switch's voice comes over the ship's comm. "We've got company. A modified consular-class cruiser. Must have been hiding behind one of the moons. It's coming at us fast."

As the ruby-dipped consular-class cruiser fills the viewport, suddenly on your ship’s viewscreen, in all his preposterous glory, is a pointy-eared, male near-Human with thick, flaring eyebrows, a patch of fur on his jutting chin, and a razor-thin mustache that would be the envy of any holodrama villain. He’s wearing an open crimson blouse, strapped down at the waist by a gold sash, and he brandishes a menacing vibrorapier. His gloating smile says it all.

“Let’s not waste time, you starforsaken spawns of space slugs,”
the man says. “By the authority of the Red Fury Brotherhood, you’re now Captain Reddjak’s prisoners. Cut all power to your weapons and shields, and the Blood Brother won’t blow you out of the stars. Prepare for the pleasure of being boarded.”
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,351
Alysia looks back into the viewport, a smirk on her face as she stares down the pirate captain. "Reddjak?" she asks, her voice sounding amused. "Ain't you the one got his man parts shot off by that drugged-up Trandoshan back on Urresh III? Ate 'em after, didn't he? Tell you what, you got ten clicks on the chrono drop your weapon lock and hightail, then I'm comin' shoot off whatever's left." As she speaks, her right hand powers the shields, shunting additional power forward after checking the scopes to make sure no one else is coming up behind. Her left hand sends power to the pilot weapons*.

She's actually only planning to give him five seconds, not ten, but either way she expects him to make his move before then.
OOC* Can't remember for sure if we planned on installing pilot weapons. Alysia would definitely want them.
__________________
Enter the Post of the Month contest. Do it now.
Go Frogs!
Like my writing? Get my novel!

Last edited by Nimlos; 12-17-2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: fixed tag
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-17-2009, 06:37 PM
DrakeFlame's Avatar
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-11-2011
RPXP: 1351
DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame DrakeFlame
Posts: 1,522
"You know there are alternatives to fighting." Vas comments sarcastically from his position in one of the gun turrets, toggling the inter-ship commsystem. The Twi'lek had thought it best to be prepared when they would come out of hyperspace even if they would of run into no trouble, besides the Twi'lek had an odd fascination with the eerie lights of hyperspace. Swiveling in the turret, Vas tries to angle the cruiser in his sights quietly speaking as he watches the ship, "Consular class you say Switch? Saw plenty of those during the Clone Wars. Some were converted into warships during the war while others served as diplomatic vessels. Corellian so there's no saying whats been done to her, but either way we're in for a fight unless we want to make a dash for atmo. Still if we got time, clearing up a pirate problem is always interesting."
__________________
As of June 2007: Nat 1's: 33 Nat 20's: 32
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:21 AM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
"Smart words, lady," says Reddjak, "but you didn't think you were fighting just me did you? You look like the sort of girl who likes the company of more than one man at a time."

"There's another ship coming from behind that moon,"
says Switch. "Fighter-class."

Soon you see the familiar sight of a Z-95 Headhunter bearing down on you as well.

"Let's get this over with. I look forward to looting your corpses,"
says Reddjak as he signs off.

Initiative
Pirate ship
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+11: (8) + 11 Total = 19

Z-95
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+13: (2) + 13 Total = 15
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-21-2009, 05:37 AM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Lira groans. "This is why I hate flying..." She murmurs, rushing down to jump into the controls of the quad-cannon lasers. "Walk me through this, Davin!" She says through the intercom.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,351
"This is why I love it," Alysia says with a purr in her voice and a bright light in her eyes. Grinning thinly, she jumps the thrusters to the limits of their tolerance, flinging the Last One Standing forward in a whirling, corkscrewing attack run at the cruiser.

"Someone swat that damn fly," she says over her shoulder.
Piloting Initiative check
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+11: (14) + 11 Total = 25
__________________
Enter the Post of the Month contest. Do it now.
Go Frogs!
Like my writing? Get my novel!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM
coomber's Avatar
coomber coomber is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-20-2020
RPXP: 697
coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber coomber
Posts: 1,571
Alysia's ruse is enough to cause Reddjak to delay a few seconds, giving your ship the chance to make its move before the pirate ship or the Z-95.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Nimlos's Avatar
Nimlos Nimlos is offline
Watching, always watching
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 22754
Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos Nimlos
Posts: 19,351
Those who don't know Alysia might be tempted to think she's a raving lunatic or perhaps merely suicidal. In a heartbeat, the Last One Standing goes from a sedate cruise into a manic, twirling attack run. Alysia's fingers fly back and forth over the controls, pushing the ship to its limits and her companions into jelly. Deep in the bowels of the ship, there's the sound of groaning metal and half a dozen instruments on the panel before her spike into the red as she demands everything the ship has to give.

"Got me somethin' for ya, Reddjak," she whispers, baring her teeth in a cold grin. Inwardly, she's hoping this works. She's never flown this ship in combat before, and for all the money they've sunk into her, Last One Standing is still an untested weapon.

For a moment, it looks like she's going to ram the Blood Brother, but she pulls away at the last minute, raking the cruiser with fire from Last One Standing's front-mounted laser cannons.
Medium Laser Cannons
Attack with PBS
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+9: (6) + 9 Total = 15
Damage (will be doubled)
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
4d10+4: (10, 8, 5, 8) + 4 Total = 35
__________________
Enter the Post of the Month contest. Do it now.
Go Frogs!
Like my writing? Get my novel!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-23-2009, 02:51 AM
Elwen's Avatar
Elwen Elwen is offline
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame DM 2011
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 09-19-2020
RPXP: 12207
Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen Elwen
Posts: 10,207
Lira calmly waits for the Headhunter to pull into her sights, a patient, waiting game. She gasps suddenly as the ship goes spiralling away, her viewfinder spinning in nauseating circles as Alysia begins her attack run. The manic flight is a stark contrast to the previous tranquility and Lira frowns, readjusting to a newer, much larger target.

Turbolaser CannonsAttack (add Davin's bonus if he activates it)
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
d20+3: (2) + 3 Total = 5


Damage (to be doubled):
Dice Roll:
(as this is an older post, these rolls are interpreted by the older (more basic) dice roller code)
5d10+3: (2, 8, 10, 3, 2) + 3 Total = 28
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB