RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26722
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Haha... knock yourself out!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:14 AM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Just for the record, I understand that Altar's breath can't catch in his throat as he neither breathes nor possesses a throat...

I don't feel like posting an exception each time, so it's understood that there's a subtext relating to his particular condition/anatomy/living-constructness.

P.S. Welcome, Moonlitdreams!

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 05-28-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Excellent cinematic first combat opening! I'll be posting my actions later. Welcome, Moonlitdreams! A bird-like creature with a spirit companion? I'm intrigued!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Are we still doing the 3 rounds at a time combat thing?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:49 PM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
I'd like to do at least 2 at a time. Whatever you guys are comfortable with.

Combat can be great and all, but I hate for it to drag out.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I'll post my next two actions... the main problem I have is with spell conservation. If I cast something like fireball or scorching ray, then everyone else does their stuff, and the creatures are looking as strong and dangerous as ever, I might throw out another big damage spell. But if they're looking close to death, I might just throw a magic missile the second time.

I don't know how many combat situations we'll be getting into per day, but if it's a lot then conservation becomes important.

Since this guy's pretty big, I'm not sure it'll be a problem this time, as we'll probably need some firepower, but for others where it's more difficult to read how tough they are it might make a difference.

Also, since I won't know what everyone else is doing yet in the first round, queing an area effect spell the second round could cause some friendly fire (though I guess they could just see that I'm going to do that and adjust their first round actions accordingly, in which case we'd actually have a bit of an advantage).

Again, not a problem this time, as this guy's bigger than everyone so I can have my fireball explode well above their heads.

Post to come shortly, after I help my wife get dinner going.

Last edited by Thamewolf; 05-28-2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:07 PM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
Just include a [secret] if-then contingency of sorts and I'll use the best outcome.

In your scenario just let me know that you'd throw out Magic Missile again if (etc etc)...

Friendly Fire will come into play if it's obvious (i.e. casting Fireball into a mob in a narrow dungeon hallway) but I won't warp your intentions. If you've got anything you'd like to handle a certain way, just let me know.

I tend to fudge in the favor of the PCs rather than against them... although the latter has happened with those cocky groups...
Old 05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
I have to add that one of the things that I love most about Pathfinder are the changes to Wizards and Sorcerers...

I gotta play one!
Old 05-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, it's pretty fun.
Like I said, I think I'll need the damage this time, but that will work in the future.

By the way, made the knowledge check in the dice thread
Old 05-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Reflection of Destiny

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 629
Moonlitdreams Moonlitdreams Moonlitdreams Moonlitdreams Moonlitdreams Moonlitdreams
Why thank you, Thamewolf. I was not aware of the three combat rounds at a time rule, so I'll go and add some more to the post now.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I opted for two this time... if mad_gondsman feels things are still moving too slowly with two then I'll see if I can pull off three, but I'd prefer two if we're taking votes

Last edited by Thamewolf; 05-29-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 01:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Alas! I've made a horrible mistake! I was going back and forth deciding on spells from my character sheet and must have clicked the wrong one when I looked at range. Scorching Ray is actually a short range spell (45' for me). To correct it, I'll actually have to go against my vote and add an action in the middle of the two actions, if you'll permit me.

It will require me to spend another spell and cast fly my second round, then fly up and across, which should put me in range for my spell on turn 3.

Of course, if you would rather me not use those rolls now, I can negate that turn. I'm going to go ahead and change my post, and if you wish, I'll change it again to reflect whatever you decide.

I apologize, I shouldn't have been rushing to post before dinner. I will take more time to clarify in the future (and remember my spell ranges as I get used to them).

Last edited by Thamewolf; 05-29-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embrodak View Post
Altar braces himself and lifts one hand to the sky. "Burn this beast with your Divine Fury, Oh Great One." the warforged shouts. He punctuates his sentence as he makes a fist and lowers his hand.
Why I certainly shall! Oh... you meant a deity...

Just kidding, the pillar of flame is awesome! Couldn't help myself since I will also be in the sky doing some burning. Let's just hope fire really hurts this thing!

Last edited by Thamewolf; 05-30-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:49 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Just letting everyone know I likely won't be able to post until Wednesday. My wife and I are taking a short trip for our one year anniversary.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:53 PM
GO BARD OR GO HOME

Tools
User Statistics
Congrats and have fun!

I'm kind of kicking back and enjoying the long weekend, myself.

(A quick little Memorial Day reflection/read here, if you're into it...)