Game Thread Expedition to Xen'drik - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Shattered Lands of Eberron
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-04-2010, 02:41 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689
“What’s the pay?” Ando asks, without so much as a nod towards beating around the bush.

"I have heard of your talents, Ando, but I had no idea you were such a shrewd business man..."
Professor Gauthan says with a chuckle. "House Cannith wanted to be assured of this mission's success and as such, they instructed us to hire only the finest, no matter what the cost. As such, we have budgeted for each of you to receive 8,500 gold merits up front in addition to concessions and 5% of the returns for the adventure when we return. If you choose to invest in the expedition, this could be increased. So... as you can see, your purses will benefit greatly from the success of the venture. Should the unspeakable happen, your pay will go to a next of kin or a beneficiary of your choosing."

The professor's smile disappears upon mention of that last bit of information, but such is the nature of "adventure". Altar's next comment brings a measure of levity back to the room however, causing even the stone-faced Sentinel Marshal to smile.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 04-04-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Thamewolf's Avatar
Thamewolf Thamewolf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2014
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Posts: 5,070
Kriluzet relaxes his posture and settles back into his seat. "Filling my purse and fulfilling my curiosity?" He smiles, giving one end of his moustache a twirl. "Now that sounds like a fine arrangement. I could use a brief hiatus from my studies here as it is. No offense meant, of course, professor." He smiles at the professor and sits back stroking his beard, a frown briefly crossing his face, "I suppose there are a number of upcoming shows at the Khavish Theater I will miss, but such is the cost to pay for getting good challenging work and satisfying scholarly interest all in one expedition." He ruminates on the upcoming expedition as the others speak. Though he has in the past shown no interest in Xen'drik's history or geography, Kriluzet is greatly interested in the magic possessed by the ancient Giant culture, and now that he has learned the language it will be interesting to read inscriptions in person at any ruins they might stumble across.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Embrodak's Avatar
Embrodak Embrodak is offline
Lemon Eater
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-20-2020
RPXP: 23321
Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak Embrodak
Posts: 19,794
Altar looks to the Professor, "What are the next steps then? When are we to leave? Do we travel by air or sea?"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689
Professor Gourdan applauds Kriluzet's enthusiasm and thirst for knowledge, as it very much mirrors his own.

In response to Altar, he turns to the warforged and nods to Marguerite.

"Last I spoke with Mister Zaksbin, we were attempting to charter a Lyrandar elemental galleon for the duration of the trip but we were unsure as to how much the Lyrandar clan would gouge us for a lengthy charter on such a vessel." he says this, once again verifying with Marguerite as to whether things were on schedule...

"It's dangerous business to attempt to cross the aptly named Thunder Sea by airship, so I believe as of now, we are departing Sharn two weeks from now, next Far*, upon a Lyrandar Wind Galleon. We will be loading our cargo to be shipped to Stormreach ahead of us, so if you've anything that requires transport, please coordinate this with Marguerite as soon as possible. It will take us 3 days to reach Stormreach, where we hope our cargo will be loaded by then onto a traditional ship. We will then sail down the eastern coast to the expedition site... a journey which may take us twice that." He scratches at his chin as if running through a mental checklist before nodding in satisfaction. "I hope you bring your sea legs."

Looking to each of you in turn, he says "Marguerite will handle your contracts. Fret not..." he says with a placating gesture "... for the contract's only purpose is to ensure that you or your beneficiary is paid their due. It's a measure put in place as a courtesy to you and does not bind you in servitude."

DM*Far is the sixth day of the week in the Eberron calendar, and subsequently 13 days in your characters' future. (Campaign Setting pg 130)
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Thamewolf's Avatar
Thamewolf Thamewolf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2014
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Posts: 5,070
Kriluzet looks up from his thinking as the conversation seems to be leading to a resolution. "Excellent, I applaud a well-organized venture, and it seems you have the details quite worked out." He pauses. "There is one thing that might be useful, however. It would be to our benefit if I could arrange to meet with someone that will be remaining here in Sharn, so that I can keep them apprised of our progress... someone trustworthy." He subtly raises his head once more, though whether the action is conscious or not is unclear, and again the large mark of scribing is clear across his entire throat. "I need to be somewhat familiar with someone to communicate with them across such a distance."

Last edited by Thamewolf; 04-05-2010 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-05-2010, 11:07 PM
arguilios's Avatar
arguilios arguilios is offline
老龍
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-31-2020
RPXP: 4088
arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios arguilios
Posts: 1,574
Ando appears ready to say something more when the professor describes the intended plan of departure, but hearing the plan, he smiles wanly and sips his drink instead. “I’ll take the death benefit for myself as the beneficiary.” He eyes Kriluzet’s eager input blankly before adding with quiet confidence, “We’ll be successful; House Cannith is hiring the best. Tell me more about these concessions you’re offering. Outfitters’ favors included there? I’ve an item or two I’d like commissioned before departure.”
__________________
Dwarves. For those times when your barbarian can't find a handy ranged weapon.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-06-2010, 01:53 AM
tieflung tieflung is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-15-2010
RPXP: 244
tieflung tieflung tieflung
Posts: 150
As the Professor outlines the itinerary for the group, Gundark leaves off his none-too-subtle taunting of the Marshal. We're getting down to brass tacks, I see, he thinks, knowing that the details of travels on the Thunder Sea can be critical to the success or failure of any excursion. Not wishing to reveal too much information in front of the Marshal, the half-orc chooses his next words carefully.

Damned Lyrandar primadonnas, a fortnight? We could almost swim the distance in that time, but I suppose it can't be helped. In any case, Professor, I may have a few contacts in Stormreach that may be of assistance to our endeavor. I will contact them, through secure means, of course. Perhaps, with a few careful inquiries, we can begin our task before we even make landfall.

Last edited by tieflung; 04-07-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689
“I’ll take the death benefit for myself as the beneficiary.”

"Now, this isn't Karrnath... heh heh heh..." the Professor says, amused at his own joke. There is a cough to the side as Lutz loses his bearing and snickers at it as well... and with a hand, he makes a pretense of scratching his nose to hide the smile. Sentinel Marshal Rhiedra admonishes him with a look but it does not seem to affect him at all as he continues to quietly listen to the others but makes no effort to hide his grin.

Continuing his response to Ando's questions, "Ah, to clarify... by the concessions, I mean that you may keep any items that do not have an archaeological relevance or value to this expedition. This is something else that we can cover in more detail during our voyage. If you require any special equipment to perform your tasks, please coordinate this with Marguerite."

A bright flash of gold outside heralds a bass rumble as the other-worldly storm surges, buffeting the towers and rattling the shutters of a window hidden in the back of the office behind a row of bookcases. With the surge, the cold fire lantern hanging near the Professor's desk flickers slightly, causing the shadows of the dimly lit room to surge with the storm...

The Professor, listening to Kriluzet all the while, casts a sidelong glance at the item though it is as if his thoughts are elsewhere as he rubs his gray mustache in thought.

"Yes..." he says, looking back to the stately gnome. "That's one of the reasons we insisted upon hiring a representative of House Sivis to accompany us. That you are also learned in some of the languages of the natives is value added." he says, his smile returning.

At Gundark's remark of the Windwright's Guild, Gauthan shrugs and throws his hands up in a gesture of defeat. "I know, but... trust me that it would take much longer by any other means. A traditional vessel would take a month to complete the same journey, and navigating Shargon's Teeth is enough to break the deal with most sailors. House Lyrandar's ships are manned better than any others in the sea and they know it... and as such, they tend to ask for a hefty sum."

Turning back to his desk, he pushes some of the clutter aside to find a map etched into a hundred or more thin, stiched-together reeds. He tosses this to Gundark, saying "We will be heading to an area just a few days south of the Hydra River, near the Crystal Strand. This map shows our destination... it's a Drow map of the area that our Cartographer's Guild is loaning us for the purpose of the trip. Don't lose it!"

The failing lantern flickers once more, much to Professor Gauthan's irritation as he curses the thing, citing the damned Last War and how sloppy some of the artificers got during that time. "They don't make anything like they used to." Turning back with another of his wiseacre smiles he says "No offense, Altar."

"Unless you've got any further questions, I won't hold you hostage any longer tonight. Information regarding which pier, ship, and any changes in departure will be delivered to you by courier. Sentinel Marshal, Master Lutz... if you do not mind staying to discuss some of the University's concerns, I would appreciate it."

"Of course, Professor." the Sentinel Marshal says in her strong amazonian voice, watching the others as they depart.

"I look forward to working with you all." Lutz says with a polite bow, acknowledging you each as you stand.

DMI'll be readying some info to relay to you, a briefing of sorts that will take place during your voyage. In the meantime, feel free to go where you please, RP amongst yourselves, and "sandbox" it around Sharn. It wouldn't be a campaign without at least one or two tavern encounters!

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 04-07-2010 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Post sprung a leak. All better now.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Thamewolf's Avatar
Thamewolf Thamewolf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2014
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Posts: 5,070
Kriluzet stands and gives a formal bow to everyone. "Yes, I trust it will be a pleasure to work with you all." He shuffles over towards the desk, looking from the professor to Lutz and the Sentinel Marshal. "Please do send word when you have arranged a contact for me to meet. It might also be wise for me to meet the captain of the vessel shipping our cargo out ahead of us..." he quickly covers a slightly concerned look with a smile, "Just in case." He turns to the others, "If any of you wish to be shown around the entertainment district or taken out for some fine dining over the coming weeks as we wait for the expedition to begin, please do contact me. Whoever is working at the Den'iyas message station here in upper Menthis should know my general whereabouts. Depending on the day, I may be working there myself. They're working on a temporary replacement as we speak." He starts to go out, then turns. "Also, I plan on stopping by the offices of the Wayfinder Foundation tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone else wants to join me please let me know. I've passed by the place off and on as I've been in Upper Central on banking or business... or the occasional shopping, and I've met Hendra ir'Kavay at least once while dining up there. Not that she'd pay me any more mind than any other citizen but we'll see." He smiles, twirling his moustache and looking up briefly as if thinking of something else. "A foot in the door is at least a step, and I like to remain optimistic. Could be someone returning from an expedition encountered our missing Cannith scion before he vanished. Was there anyone on the expedition with a lower profile I might ask about so as not to give anything away?" This last question he directs back at his host.

Last edited by Thamewolf; 04-07-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-07-2010, 11:25 PM
tieflung tieflung is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-15-2010
RPXP: 244
tieflung tieflung tieflung
Posts: 150
As the Professor tosses the reed map at him, Gundark languoriously unfurls one arm to snatch it out of the air. He gives the drow map a quick glance, before rolling it back up and securing it in his shoulder pack. He nods at the Professor, and assures him of its safety.

Of course, Professor. It won't leave my side. When you have the departure information, I can be contacted through the Tharask enclave in Dragon Towers, if you can't find me in person. I don't plan on being inaccessible, but I try to be prepared. My brothers will be able to find me.

In response to Kriluzet's off-hand invitation, Gundark replies,

I, for one, am not one for Sharn's social scene, but there is a certain tradition among those setting out for Xen'drik. A fine dinner on the last night in Sharn is considered appropriate, and many travelers are quite superstitious about it. With your familiarity with the city, perhaps you could decide on a worthy establishment.

As the group begins to shuffle from the cramped confines of the Professor's office, Gundark waits patiently for space to move. All the while, he remains still against the bookshelf, but he keeps one eye on the Deneith Marshal. He nods in return to the Professor and Master Lutz, before joining the end of the line. As he leaves the office, he gives the Marshal a broad grin, allowing one tusk to protrude slightly.

Marshal, I look forward to our co-operation.

Last edited by tieflung; 04-07-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-08-2010, 03:04 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689
"Could be someone returning from an expedition encountered our missing Cannith scion before he vanished. Was there anyone on the expedition with a lower profile I might ask about so as not to give anything away?"

Although the question was directed to Professor Gauthan, it is Sentinel Marshal Riedra that answers (as she dismisses Gundark's remarks without registering that she even noticed it).

"Take care not to ask too much while in Sharn. It is my opinion that we have shared too much, already. We will brief what we have learned during the voyage and no sooner." she says curtly, her eyes narrowing at the Professor as she obviously has a bone to pick with him.

Professor Gauthan shrugs and smiles at the gnome saying "Loose lips sink ships, so they say. She is gruff, but she is perhaps right. Remember that you are being paid for your discretion as much as your talents."


As you exit the office, you are made aware of the increased intensity of the storm as buckets of rain are dropped upon the stones outside, filling the hall with a noise not dissimilar to the crashing of waves upon a beach or a waterfall. The dark hallway is illuminated at the end by the ambient golden light that the city shines with... a stark contrast to the dark structures that you see all around you here at the height of the Menthis Plateau.

Although it is still relatively early in the evening, there is an ominous feeling about the city at dark that keeps most people indoors. While it is a beautiful place, there are some aspects of the night-life that people are unprepared for and choose to bar their doors against. For others, the night is their time as they find themselves unsuited to meet the challenges of the day.

Not all that emerge at night do so with sinister intentions. There are just as many dangers during the daylight hours but the people are accustomed to them, overlooking them as if they are but another faceless passerby in the street. They are not mysterious or foreign but commonplace.

And so they fear the night because of its unfamiliarity.

To imply that their fear is irrational, however, would be foolish.

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 04-08-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Added response to question I overlooked...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Thamewolf's Avatar
Thamewolf Thamewolf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2014
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Posts: 5,070
In response to Riedra, Kriluzet bows to the Sentinel Marshal. "No offense meant, just trying to do all I can do. If you feel asking any questions whatsoever will be an undo risk, I trust your judgement." He turns to leave, then stops. "But please do notify me of when and where I can meet the captain of our cargo vessel, as well as a trusted backer of the expedition that will be remaining here... Wouldn't want my talents to go to complete waste." With a tip of his fancy green hat, the gnome is out the door. "If any of you newcomers have questions about the city, please contact me tomorrow! Good evening all!" he calls back as he makes his departure.

Stepping out into the cold dark evening, Kriluzet pulls his hat down further on his head against the chill rain and pulls his cloak about him. His small figure can be seen moving quickly across the nearby bridge, moving with the mechanical certainty of one who would almost know the way blindfolded. Considering the visibility in this weather, that wouldn't be too much of an exaggeration. The magic lanterns in the district glow with blurry auras in the thick rain, and the reflections off the wet stones are almost as disorienting as the darkness of the lowest levels of the city. Still, the gnome picks his way at a good pace, gradually heading northeast towards Den'iyas.

Kriluzet grins despite the cold, as he always does stepping into what has become his home away from home. He always imagines it as though he's stepping into Zilargo: all the comforts of home, the friendly locals, and the webs of intrigue hiding behind every smile. He picks his way to a small, unassuming door tucked between a tailor's shop and a bookstore. Even now, the wafting smell of the best Zilargo faire in the city spills out onto the streets. Of course, only the locals know it is in this small place that chef and proprietor Khevrand Zuranti serves the best gnomish food in the city.

Kriluzet smoothes his moustache and opens the door, quickly shutting it behind him once he's in so as not to let the warmth out. He removes his hat and shakes droplets of water off of it as Khevrand calls from the back, "That my favorite customer? Got a new dish for you to try!"

A chubby gnome with light red hair peeks his head out from a nearby table. "No, that's just Kril! Your favorite customer's already eating!"

Kril replaces his hat, holding his hands out in friendship as he approaches the gnome. "Revech! I suppose if anything could drag you out in this weather it's Khevrand's cooking. Mind if I join you?"

Revech smiles and gestures to the seat across from him. "And what's kept you from your dinner so late? Anything interesting? I still don't know why they've gone through such trouble to move people around for your hiatus."

"Oh, you haven't heard? I'm to be the translator for negotiations with the Daughters of Sora Kell." he says, face beaming with pride.

"Uh-huh, interesting." Revech replies with a serious look on his face which slowly expands to a smile. "Nice try, Kril."

"And nice try yourself, friend." Kril says with a grin. They let the unrevealed secrets drop as Khevrand brings a plate out for Kril, each knowing they won't get the better of the other.

Last edited by Thamewolf; 04-14-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-14-2010, 10:48 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689
With few words shared, the group disperses into the pouring rains of Sharn, making their way along their separate paths to prepare for the upcoming journey. As you walk (and in spite of the soaking cold), you cannot help but to feel some excitement at the prospect of venturing to Xen'drik... although somewhat eccentric and/or unusual, you must admit (even if grudgingly so) that Morgrave University put together a talented and promising expedition.

As the night turns to day and to night once again, you make it a point to savor the pleasures and conveniences that civilization has to offer while you can. It may be months before you are able to dine in your favorite restaurant, enjoy access to a respectable tinkerer's workshop, bed down in fresh linens, or relax your guard and sleep without feeling vulnerable. The horror stories of Xen'drik are only surpassed by the tales of glorious discoveries and untold hidden treasures that would beggar any of the Heirs of Galifar.

In the days to follow, you carry out your business and do your best to remain busy lest the passing of time become a burden... though you cannot help but to stop and watch expectantly each time your eye catches the colors of an Orien courier...

DMThis week is a busy one for me, but I'll be working on setting up a few things in your private threads during the next few days when I can. As stated, feel free to do whatever in the meantime leading up to the expedition.
__________________
Bear with me...

Become a Community Supporter! | Art of the Two Paragraph Post
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is online now
GO BARD OR GO HOME
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 02-18-2020
RPXP: 26822
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 9,689

The crystal clear water of the Thunder Sea splashes against the hull of the Sea Witch II, a sturdy and beautifully designed soarwood vessel that will serve you to your destination. It cannot compare to the astoundingly swift Lyrandar Wind Galleon that carried you all from Sharn to Stormreach in just shy of three days, but it is a sturdy vessel and is well-manned... which is of some solace in these dangerous waters.

Below decks, the lean and whip-like Sentinel Marshal Riedra sits cross-legged atop some supply crates while Lutz briefs the members of the expedition that have not been to Xen'drik with bits of knowledge that could mean the difference between life and death. Mercifully, the ship's resident artificer managed to bind a lesser air elemental within the berthing area where everyone is gathered, bringing fresh cool air to the otherwise stuffy and confined spaces within the ship.

He spends some time upon the phenomenon known as the Traveler's Curse, advising all to stay close and remain with the group as time and space has been known to twist within Xen'drik. "Those that are familiar with their destination seem less susceptible to the strange forces at work..." he says, "... as it seems to have its strongest effect on those not native to the land. It is paramount to your survival that you not become separated from the rest of the group." he finishes solemnly before giving over to one of the other members of the expedition set to address clean drinking water and the misery of dysentery... or flesh-eating bacteria.

It is upon the tail of one of these hip-pocket briefings that some of you find yourselves upon the deck of the Sea Witch, gazing up at the nighttime sky. The ambient light of Sharn steals so much of the sky's wonder, you realize, out here hundreds of miles from civilization...

A splash-work of gray clouds drift across the night sky, partially obscuring the golden specks within the Ring of Siberys and the several of the colorful moons. Eyre, the Anvil, is nearly full, dominating the sky with its silver light while giving the sea an almost mercurial shine. As the moon is said to be associated with the Mark of Making, House Cannith often throws festivals this month... and you cannot help to wonder if any of the Cannith survivors at your destination are celebrating anything at all.

Lightning arcs from a cloud on the distant horizon drawing you from you reverie, striking the sea and illuminating the low-hanging clouds to the west. Any rumblings that may follow are consumed by the winds, however, as the ship makes good time South, along the coast of Xen'drik.

DMThe week of waiting, the traditional pre-expedition dinner, and the three day voyage from Sharn to Stormreach were uneventful, though Riedra was stone cold and unrelenting in her enforcement of there being no shore call in Stormreach. Once the Lyrandar Wind Galleon docked, you grabbed your things, headed down the boatramp, and walked to the next pier to debark immediately upon the last leg of your journey.

Consider the briefings to cover any basic knowledge that you may read of in any of the Eberron source books if this is your character's first trip to Xen'drik or if you have little firsthand knowledge of Xen'drik. I place the ball in your courts once more if you would like to RP amongst each other. It will take you as long as four weeks to arrive at your destination, so perhaps it would not be a bad time to get to know each other and share your roles in the expedition before things truly become dangerous...

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 04-23-2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Slowed down that maelstrom that was fit to swallow the Sea Witch II...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Thamewolf's Avatar
Thamewolf Thamewolf is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-23-2014
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Posts: 5,070
Kriluzet, or Kril, as he has informed the others they should call him, peers over the railing. His hazel eyes moving from the bright moon to the shimmering sea and back again. The breeze ruffles the hairs of his thick moustache as he smiles. "I have always been one for city life... all the people, so many stories, so many intrigues... but I must say, this is a beautiful sight." He turns to the others, "Let us hope those we seek are alive to appreciate the beauty Eyre full in the sky. Always had a soft spot for the House Cannith, so many wonderful things they have wrought. Makes civilization a lot more interesting."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB