RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > OR Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 154
Poll Comics Poll Comics
It's finished! The comic is edited and ready for public consumption.Thank you so much for everybody that contributed! Your patience, insight, and participation helped develop a setting and characters that would have otherwise never existed. What follows is an edited version of the story, complete with a never before seen ending.

My hope is, in the next week, to write an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the project and where to go from here.

Images removed to test problems with them loading.

Last edited by Poll Comics; 02-12-2016 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:58 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Poll Comics Poll Comics
As above, images have been removed as part of a test.

Last edited by Poll Comics; 02-12-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Poll Comics Poll Comics
Installment 11 (NEW CONTENT!!)

Time for a quick victory lap, then on to doing some analysis! If you liked, or didn't like the project, you're welcome to let me know! I'm going to be taking a hard look at it this week, so all criticisms are welcome. Thanks!

Last edited by Poll Comics; 02-10-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3413
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Sadly some pictures aren't showing.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Poll Comics Poll Comics
Quote:
Originally Posted by sageheart View Post
Sadly some pictures aren't showing.
That's bizarre- thanks for pointing it out! If I missed any, let me know. I'm going check and see if the other mirrors have the same issue. The image links were right, so I'm not sure what was going wrong, but I went ahead and linked a different version.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17633
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
Doesn't work for me. I get generic image icons.

Become a Community Supporter.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Poll Comics Poll Comics
Hmm. All of the links check. I think this may have turned into an accidental stress test of how many images I can get away with posting without hiccups occurring. Very sorry for any inconveniences. I'm going to go ahead and strip out the posts with the edited work and just leave the new content and see if that helps.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara
Yay! We became a tree who watches over the settlement! Go nature spirit protection
Old 02-15-2016, 11:07 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17633
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
Must be a Soul Oak. Thanks for the entertainment. I have forwarded your work for consideration by some friends of mine.

There are a number of worthy projects in fund-raising, pre-production and production. Wouldn't it be great if we could continue to help each other?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1486446

Become a Community Supporter.

Last edited by Black Jim; 02-17-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Poll Comics Poll Comics
Black Jim- Yup! That was the goal, anyway. It was always a balance between suggestions, but I really liked the concept. There were a lot of suggestions for Oak trees being important, so it seemed like a pretty strong way to amalgamate 'em.

I saw references to Journey Quest pop up on my twitter feed (@ramlama, @pollcomics). Definite congrats to them on successfully funding! That's incredibly exciting! I'l be queuing the previous episodes and checking them out more closely.

Alright! So, I've crunched numbers and made my fancy spreadsheets. There are a couple things I'll need to pay closer attention to next time around, but I think we're good to go. Here's the plan going forward:

Content: Now that we've roughly established a world, we're going to jump back in time. It's ten years earlier. Red is just joining the knights- the memory of their father is still fresh. The corrupt Inquisitor hasn't been revealed yet and the Prophet is just beginning his plans to escape with the refugees. The Holy Order is on the brink of civil war, but the Northern settlements haven't been abandoned yet. Everything is in flux and, while we know loosely how things will end- we don't know how we get there. Why did Madre make the decision she did? Who was the Prophet? Why was Red so fiercely loyal? The events alluded to in the first story give the big picture and overarching structure, letting us focus on character development and similar details.

Update Schedule: I'm going to aim for an update every other week. This'll let me focus on higher quality artwork, and will also leave me more room to pick up freelance gigs. Have to get sandwich money somehow.

Format: Since the key points of the setting are established and we're focusing more on nuances, there'll be less emphasis on exposition and more emphasis on communicating through the images and dialogue.

Intellectual Property: This is the big one, and it's a decision I've been debating. Except where otherwise noted, the characters and setting of the Fall Court are being released into the public domain. They are the product of communal collaboration and public domain status is the easiest way to ensure that participants have access to the intellectual property y'all are helping create. I'm retaining rights for the illustrations and visual designs, but releasing them under a creative commons attribution, non-commercial license.

If there are future exceptions to public domain status, they'll be listed on our website (if the list isn't on the website for any reason, contact us for a copy of it).

Fall Court, vol 2
Launch Date: Monday, February 29.