RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1895
Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper
3.5 rolE Play

Simple enough concept. Pure RolE Play
No dice, no skill checks, no character sheets, no combat, no nada. Just pure rolE play.

let us merely keep it simple & stick with races that are typically NOT evil, in other words races that would be able to walk through your typical city without issue. Get a concept in your mind, introduce yourself in here & stay in character. As a request, attempt to avoid creating issues.

Last edited by Dread Reaper; 02-01-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper
right-aligned image

A tall, slender man is walking through the streets, about 6'2" & 170 lbs. He has short brown hair & wears red robes. He has a look of pleasure upon his face as he nonchalantly juggles bits of fire as he walks. A crowd of children encircles & follows him, mesmerized by his work. Every now & again he pulls a stunt, whether it be a back flip, cartwheel, or some other trick, while he maintains the juggling act. He comes to a stop & starts to juggle the 7 balls of fire with one hand. Circling in place to catch the eye of every child around him. He says
Merv
Who here would like to play with magic one day, one day soon I will pick one of you to become my apprentice & continue in these wonders.
He begins splitting the balls of fire into even more & they gather above the children's heads, not touching a one of them, but staying just a few inches above & seemingly following them.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:04 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 451
Troileschilde Troileschilde Troileschilde Troileschilde Troileschilde
Krunk was just coming off another successful job, guarding a merchant caravan that had come out of Mithral Hall, and was out exploring the city for he had never been to his current location before. Towering over the rest of the foot traffic at 8ft tall, it was nothing for him to spot the display taking place ahead of him. Floating globs of fire, gleefully tittering children, and a man working very hard to be the center of attention. It took but a moment for the massive Goliath to decide he wanted to see what was going on. So, with a shrug of his shoulders just to feel the comforting weight of his greathammer on his back and a hand settled over his coin pouch, he set off in a straight line that almost supernaturally cleared into a path before him as folks got a look at who or what was moving amongst them.

His arms and legs covered in studded leather armor of a light tan, his chest and back bare to reveal his fate in the markings his skin bore, he came to a stop just outside the circle of children in time to hear the question. Why not? He raised his hand in response. "Krunk want play with magic."
Old 02-03-2015, 04:20 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Turning around at the startle of the crowd & seeing this massive person before him. Merv had heard of Goliaths, even studied them...a little...but this was his first time ever seeing one in face-to-face. A wide grin grew upon his face & he winked at one of the children next to the friendly giant.
MervI believe I have an idea that you would find very entertaining & safely get to play with magic at the same time. I read up on a game your people refer to as "goat-ball" once. I may not have a goat, but I do have this...
right-aligned image
With that said he recalls all the floating bits of fire to himself & forms
He signals for you to pull out your blade as he steps back & signs for the children to do the same.
MervMay be a little different from the normal rules, but I can assure you that you would not want to touch this bare handed my friend.

Last edited by Dread Reaper; 02-03-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:05 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Krunk didn't have a blade, but he did have his massive greathammer and that was just about the same thing. Goat ball didn't use a striking object, it was grab and go game, but a challenge was a challenge and as soon as he saw the shape of the fiery object he was being introduced to he got the basic idea of what was being asked of him. He stepped back and shouldered the hammer. "Little little people move away." He gestured at the children to clear out from around him, took up a good solid stance, and moved the hammer up and back for his favorite precision power swing.

"Krunk ready."
Old 02-04-2015, 03:19 AM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Merv laughs at the reference, "little little people", & tosses the ball of fire towards the small giant. He swings & hits the ball dead on, upon impact the ball rebounds back towards the mage, but splinters a little & they begin swirling around the greathammer in a dazzling display. With an uncharacteristic grace for those magically inclined, Merv jumps & catches the ball in mid air, then splits it into two.
MervNice shot my friend, can you handle two?
With that said he throws one high & a moment later throws the other low.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
He bunted, for lack of a better term, the high shot. Merely raising his hammer to intercept the ball of flame as it came in and striking it with little more than a thump of effort as he stepped back. He spun with the step and used a golf swing to catch the low shot, power striking it and showing an impressive amount of combat awareness with the pair of strikes. Thinking fast, on his feet, was one of his best weapons and one that others often failed to see in the poorly spoken towering warrior.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
MervQuite impressive my large friend, we're putting on quite the show for my little friends here & I do so appreciate the smiles & laughter they share with me daily.
They continue the back & forth for a few goes & then Merv catches the twin balls of flame & combines them into one. Then with a quick spin & a flourish he makes a hard toss to the Goliath.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Krunk stepped into the swing, using a choke grip for power without giving up the precision needed to make a flush contact. An uppercut movement that made contact at just about the level of a human face on the average sized adult male. The fireball flew into the air in a high arc that, if allowed to fly uninterrupted would eventually come down a block or so away. Krunk, however, doubted the mage would allow the ball to begin the downward leg of that journey.

"Fly like rock toss."
Old 02-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
After the fireball flew about 50 feet above the buildings, Merv snapped his fingers & the fireball exploded into numerous smaller fireballs that continued to do the same. After a few minutes of the extended chain explosions of fireworks a pattern emerged before slowly fading
Old 02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Krunk put a massive hand on the belt pouch that carried his money and watched the show with open amusement. Magic was never flashy amongst the Goliath tribes, it was considered a waste of effort and resources to do so. Every spell could mean survival and they treated it like the finite resource it was. Healing was most prized, as were the spells that could produce necessities. Nothing like what the mage had decided to indulge in.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Merv takes a bow as the children laugh & applause, he signals for his giant friend to do the same & says.
MervDon't give me all the credit, kids. Our Goliath friend here helped make this possible, you want to know a secret?
He hit it so hard that it blew up, he made that show happen.
With that he gives the Goliath a sly wink.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"Krunk believes it." He then ruffled the hair of one of the nearby children as he re-sheathed his hammer in it's unique carrying strap on his back. "Funny little mage man forgot to put hat on street." He pointed at the gathered people, many of which had a couple of coins in their hands and perplexed look on their faces as they seemed to be searching for where they were to donate for the show they'd been treated to. As if he were a street performer. It seemed they took him for a purveyor of cheap tricks. A conjurer of harmless prestidigitation. A charlatan. A hawker of crude slight of hand.

Krunk watched the guy expectantly.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
MervI forgot nothing
On second glance you notice that they simply drop their coins & then they disappear before hitting the ground. With a quick flourish of his hand some coppers & silvers appear between his fingers. & he randomly tosses the coins at the surrounding children. He continues this until every child has gotten something. Then with a twisted grin he looks at Krunk...
MervMy friend, I believe I see something behind you ear. When was the last time you bathed?
He said laughingly as he approached, getting on his tip-toes he reaches behind the giant's ear & pulls out a couple gold pieces.
MervWell, if this is what happens when you don't bathe, I understand why you don't.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Krunk looked as impassive as the mountains that had given rise to his race as the 'magic' trick was done behind his ear. He didn't speak well, it didn't make him stupid. He knew full well what slight of hand was. "Is what happens when little man palms coin. I get wizard robes now?"