twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5726
Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer
"People use other people all the time, that's just life. Even people who don't think they are doing it manipulate others in some way to get what they want. Sorry, I don't mean to come off that way but it's true, I've accepted it. So whether I have powers or not, people will use me. Better to have power in my opinion." She reached under the bar and pulled out a small cash box and opened it to reveal what must have been thousands of dollars tucked away inside of it. She took out a twenty and then shut the lid and slid it over to Scott.

"The petty cash box. Since your father is the company owner I would think you are allowed to make a withdrawal. No telling when you might get back to your other dead body." She smiled and took a bite of her food, putting her hand over her mouth and letting out a quiet moan of pleasure. Her face turned pink and Scott was almost certain he saw a bead of sweat on her forehead but she just closed her eyes and savored the spices. "It's heavenly, sure you don't want to try?"

"Why are you so concerned about what you've done?" Sylvia asks after she takes a drink of her vodka punch. "You were controlled. Now here you are, free to live your life but angsting over things you were made to do." She took another bite and then looked Scott over from head to toe as she savored the flavor of the food once again. Her face was still pink and she sipped her drink again. "What are you good at? Still have your powers? You haven't said anything about htem but I'm getting the feeling there I something about them you are leaving out."
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4937
Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus Cygnus
Nodding as she explained her outlook on life, he continued to take a few thoughtful bites of his dumplings, with the addition of some soy sauce. He had somewhat stopped paying attention as he watched her speak, seeing her mouth move but not really hearing what she was saying. He was busy contemplating her philosophy on powers, and why she's prefer to have them if she were going to be used anyway. He couldn't help but agree with her, something that didn't quite sit well with him...

Looking up as he noticed her pulling a wad of cash out of a drawer, taking a twenty and then sliding the rest to him, he smiled, shaking his head softly at her words. "Thank you Sylvia... how did a woman like you get into the mercenary gig in the first place? You seem far too nice for the job." He blushed slightly as she moaned, imagining she must have been some kind of sadomasochist if she was able to find pleasure in eating that... Maybe I will try it... Scott traded one of his dumplings for a piece of her chicken, looking it over. He could have sword that it glowed as though it were radioactive...

He listened to her talking about why he shouldn't be concerned about his past, but he didn't take it to heart. There was too much he had done, whether it was by his own decision or not. He popped the piece of chicken in his mouth as she asked him about his powers, having finally worked up the courage to do so. The burning was like nothing he had ever felt before, nor did he ever want to feel it again. His hands reached up to his throat, closing on it and squeezing slightly, the inside of his mouth feeling as though it was on fire. Looking away from Sylvia to preserve some modesty, he coughed and watched a gout of flames shoot out, his eyes widening in surprise. He closed his mouth again quickly, turning around and drinking his entire glass of sprite in an instant. Taking a moment to catch his breath, he looked back up at Sylvia. "How can you eat that?!? Either I just discovered I have some new power, or you have to be one of the craziest women that has ever walked this planet."

Last edited by Cygnus; 05-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer Daygamer
Sylvia just stared at Scott as he turned back from literally breathing fire but after several long seconds a smile turned up the corners of her mouth. "Well I guess that answers that. So you can breathe fire, I wonder what else you can do." She held up a hand to stop him from trying anything. "Not here, we need to go somewhere else to test your abilities. I like it here too much to watch you burn it down."

She poked around her food and came up with a blazing red chili pepper. "Main spice, you thought that was something you should try this." She slowly chewed the pepper and Scott watched her face go beet red and perspiration cover her forehead. "Wow..."

After taking a long drink she wiped away a tear and got out another sprite for Scott, "Right now I'm wondering what other powers you have and how to put them to use. In effect I'm using you but then you are asking me about being a mercenary and possible partner so it is working both ways. Sometimes I wonder if I am justifying myself but not as much as I used to. Just so you know, I'm enjoying your company too. There's no strings attached there."

She took another bite and just shook her head after swallowing. "It doesn't taste as spicy after the pepper, go figure. In all seriousness, we should figure out what you can do before someone gets hurt. Did you have any idea you could do that?"

Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 PM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Scott had been about to say that here and now wouldn't be the best place to test his powers, but Sylvia didn't give him the chance, as she immediately cut him off by saying what he was thinking. "Are you sure you don't have any powers? Telepathy maybe?" Raising a curious eyebrow at her as she no doubt dodged the question like the pro she was. He had been right, she dodged the question by chowing down on the pepper she pulled out of her food. "I think you may have a serious problem. You should consider visiting a hospital frequently and having tests done to see if you have ulcers, or liver failure." Shaking his head slightly, he finished off his food, drinking half of his second Sprite.

Picking up one of the napkins that had come in the bag, Scott wiped his mouth off politely, then folded up his napkin and placed it inside of his empty carton. "Don't you think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself? I never said that I was enjoying your company... I merely said that I was glad it was only you that was here, and not a team of assassins." He smirked slightly, picking up his trash and throwing it away, walking back over slowly. "Though I will admit that I am having a nice time, so yeah, I guess I am enjoying your company." Sitting down on the stool again, he took a small sip of his Sprite before answering. "No, I didn't know that I could do that. I had powers two days ago, I went in and out of consciousness, now I'm here minus my old powers, with a shiny new set of powers. How or why it happened, I'm not entirely sure... maybe it had something to do with the hospital. Whatever the reason, I know that whatever powers I have are brand new to me, and I'm going to need to learn to control them. So please, feel free to suggest wherever you wish to test my abilities."
The Troll picks up Artemis, now encased in iron, and throws him at your cannons, just barely missing. You are now out of ammo. Alright Arty, into the cannon you go! Wait, what?!? You hit the troll and tear its throwing arm off... Irony, I love you so.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
"No, no telepathy here. You're with me, why wouldn't you be enjoying yourself?" Sylvia says with a smile and a wink at Scott before finishing off the dumpling he gave her. She puts the lid back on her meal, which was only half-eaten, and puts it in the kitchen refrigerator. "I'm not sure where to go to test these new powers of yours. Just about anywhere we go you could burn down if they are all fire based. Hey, what about the shore? The water is right there so if something happens you can jump right in. We could head out to Long Island, plenty of places to go without people nearby."

Walking back to her stool behind the bar, she looked down at her drink and placed that in the small refrigerator under the bar before she looks around and picked up the crumpled menu that came with the delivery. Underneath was a small linen bag and from the look of triumph on her face, it was what she was looking for. She carefully opened and dumped the contents of it, two fortune cookies, onto the top of the bar. These were not run-of-the-mill mass produced fortune cookies either from the look of it. Both had a small ribbon around them, one blue and the other yellow. "Go ahead, you choose first. The restaurant hand makes them and the fortunes are usually very creative."

She sits back and just watches Scott as she waits for him to choose his cookie. "What hospital? For that matter, what do you remember before all of this?"
Old 05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Scott raises an eyebrow at Sylvia, the corners of his mouth turned up into a smile slightly. "Well you're definitely confident in yourself, I'll give you that." He shakes his head, smiling as he stands up and walks over to the fridge with her, putting the sesame chicken he hadn't touched inside.

Heading to the couch, he paused to watch Sylvia as she went back to the bar, rearranging things as she looked for something. "Yeah, the beach could work I suppose. The only problem I see with that is I'd have to practice in a bathing suit. It would just be weird if somebody saw a guy at the beach in normal clothes... on fire. So yeah, I'll have to go pick one up at some point tomorrow." He walks back over to the bar as she motions for him to pick a fortune cookie, choosing the one with the blue ribbon and holding it up, gently tapping her cookie. "Here's to some better luck in our lives."

Walking back to the couch, Scott looks his fortune cookie over for a moment as he got comfortable. He breaks it in two down the middle, sliding one end of the shell off and grabbing the piece of paper inside, holding it up so he can read it. "Hm... apparently my lucky numbers are 3, 7, 11, 13, 17, and 23." He closes his eyes, reliving the events from the past few weeks. The triumphant face of his father as he realized the cloning process had worked. The entire board of directors, standing up as they tried to get away from him, their faces twisted in terror as he laughed, leveling the entire room. The things he had done to Diana in an attempt to provoke Chris, as well as the things he had done to Chris. The nights he spent with Angie, using her and making her believe he truly loved him. The look in Sam's eyes as she was forced to kill him, his eyes fluttering open and looking into hers just before she broke his neck... He deserved to suffer.

"I don't remember anything before waking up in a burning building. After that, I stumbled down an alleyway and came across a woman who was dying. I used the last of my strength to heal her, and then I passed out... I don't know what happened to the woman after that, I only know that I woke up in a hospital room with multiple IVs and no hospital staff around. So I grabbed a pair of scrubs from a laundry cart, and well, here I am."
The Troll picks up Artemis, now encased in iron, and throws him at your cannons, just barely missing. You are now out of ammo. Alright Arty, into the cannon you go! Wait, what?!? You hit the troll and tear its throwing arm off... Irony, I love you so.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
"You have to be confident, doubt leads to failure. I better stop before I start going all Yoda." Sylvia opens her fortune cookie and smiles before tossing the fortune in the trash and eating the cookie. She listens to Scott and looks at him as if she isn't sure that she believes him but doesn't pursue the matter.

Rising from the stool, she gestures for him to follow her and moves through the apartment to one of the other bedrooms. Opening the huge closet, Scott see that it is full of clothing, men's clothing. There appears to be jeans, fatigues, cargo pants, dress pants and matching shoes and shirts for each, as well as a variety of jackets and coats. "There's a variety of sizes, there should be something in here that fits. They are for the agents if they need to be inconspicuous, we can't have you running around in scrubs after all." She reaches over to a shelf and pulls out some red trunks, "These look like they would fit."

Checking her watch, Sylvia looks outside and shrugs, "You got anything else going on? Otherwise, why don't we change and we can head out to somewhere so you can practice and experiment. We don't want it getting too late but we would have a few hours."
Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 PM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Scott followed Sylvia over to the closet, going through a few of the articles of clothing and picking out the ones that would fit, setting them aside for later use. He pulls off his scrubs and picks up the swimming trunks, turning to look at Sylvia while in his boxers. "I don't see any reason why not. You uh... wanna get out of the closet for a minute?" Scott slides his thumb beneath the waistband of his boxers, pulling them out a little to represent the need to change out of them. After changing into the trunks, he walks out with a plain t-shirt hanging over his left shoulder and a pair of flip flops in his hands. "I would teleport us, but I can't do that anymore."
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
Sylvia just smiles and leans against the doors as she watches Scott in his boxers, "Oh I'm not in the closet, I like men and this is a good view." She looks him up and down, her gaze lingering on where Scott was holding the boxers away from him and laughs as he turns red. "Oh fine! I'll go change and join you in the living room." She laughs again as she exits the room and Scott only has to wait a couple of minutes before she joins him from another guest bedroom.

Sylvia is dressed in khaki cargo shorts and a black tank top. She has wet shoes on, sneakers with plenty of mesh so the could be submerged and has a small canvas beach bag. "Well that's a relief. I was getting tire of running into people who could just pop in and out wherever they wanted. It was a real pain! Come on, there's a car downstairs we can use."

She leads the way to the elevator and they quickly arrive in the lobby. Sylvia waves to the desk clerk and he just nods and glances to Scott before picking up the phone. the doors were being opened for them by the time they reached them and a black, Aston Martin Volante pulled to the curb. The valet stepped from the car and smiled at Sylvia as he held the driver door for her. A blond, female valet stepped forward and opened the passenger door for Scott.

Sliding behind the wheel, Sylvia showed that she was almost intimately familiar with the car and whisked them through New York traffic. There were a few horn blown in her direction and she wasn't afraid to respond with a one-finger salute. Although Scott couldn't be sure, he was fairly sure they made it out of the city proper and onto the island in record time.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 AM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Sylvia's teasing made Scott blush slightly, forcing him to change faster after she left the room. It got him thinking about what their sleeping arrangements were going to be, as neither seemed to be in any immediate hurry to leave, and there was only the one bed... Couch it was.

Smiling at the blond valet, he shook his head softly. "Thank you miss, I know it's not much, but I appreciate you opening the door for me." He grabbed a bill out of his pocket and handed it to her, quickly closing the door behind him. He looked in the mirror and watched the girl look down at the hundred he had given her, smiling as she looked back up in surprise.

Scott closed his eyes for the majority of the ride, leaning his head against the glass and opening them when Sil shook his shoulder. "We're here already? Alright... lead the way then." He hopped out of his seat, walking around the car and opening the door for her, holding his hand out to help her get out, then following her to wherever she led him.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
Sylvia looked up in surprise but took his hand and then led him down a sandy path to the beach beyond. Despite the unseasonably warmer weather, the beach was barren of people. She headed to the left and they soon passed an outcropping of rock and several large bushes that made an excellent screen so Scott could practice unseen. "You alright? You were pretty quiet on the way here."

Sylvia puts down the canvas bag and then removes her top and shorts, carefully folding them and placing them in the bag along with the car keys. Placing the bag behind some rocks, Sylvia heads out to the water's edge, the black bikini she has on is very flattering and shows off her toned and very fit body. She steps into the surf zone and then looks back to Scott. "Alright, think about what happened when you ate the chicken and try to repeat that, just don't point your mouth at me when you do."
Old 05-04-2012, 05:04 AM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Scott waved her question aside, pulling the t-shirt over his head and dropping it, along with the flip flops, next to the bag. He avoids looking at Sylvia as he walks out into the water, wading in until the water was at his waist and staring out at the horizon. Taking a few calming breaths, he tried to find the inner fire he had felt when the fire burst forth from his mouth earlier. He looked back at Sylvia over his shoulder, then looked straight above him and opened his mouth, breathing in deeply, then exhaling another gout of flames twenty feet into the air.

The fire continued to hang in the air until he closed his mouth, at which point it promptly disappeared. Scott frowned slightly at the disappearance, then looked straight ahead, focusing as he opens his mouth once more to send a ball of flames bursting forth. He closes his mouth again and grins triumphantly as the fireball continues speeding along the surface of the water, fizzling out in an explosion of steam after hitting a wave. He looks back over his shoulder at Sylvia, tilting his head slightly. "Well, what do you think?"
Old 05-04-2012, 07:51 AM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
Sylvia held her hand up and waved it in a so-so gesture, shrugging as if she wasn't impressed but the large grin she was wearing gave her away. "Ok, I'm impressed. A little jealous as well. It's a good think we didn't do this at night, people would see it for miles. But let's see what else you can do." She looks around and points down the beach to a fallen tree. "Think you can light it on fire without blowing it up? If you manage to do that, see if you can somehow control the intensity of the flames."
Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 AM
DELICIOUS!!!

Tools
User Statistics
Walking slowly back to the shore, Scott nods his head at Sylvia as he passes her. "I'll see what I can do." He walk over to the tree and kneels down next to it, trying to see if he can create fire from any other part of his body besides his mouth. Rubbing his hands together quickly and focusing on the palms, he smiles triumphantly and places his palms on the tree, watching the smoke rise as it slowly catches on fire. Scott turns back around to Sylvia, giving her a thumbs up as the tree completely ignites behind him. "Right, so setting trees on fire: mission accomplished."
Old 05-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Great Wyrm
Hall of Fame 2013

Tools
User Statistics
Sylvia applauds Scott and walks over, reaching her hand out to feel the heat coming off of the burning tree. "Very good. So do you feel the heat of the fire? Can you be burned or are you immune to fire then? What about smoke? Is it bothering you at all?"