Game Thread Chapter 1: The Crossing of the Broken Sea - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > GURPS > At the Edge of Chaos > Archive #2 - Book One: Ships from the North
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2018, 08:14 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Raaz"I think there's some sorta misunderstandin. I'm not friends with Jo'Seph, an' I didn't bring him along. I don't have a flippin' clue why he's on the boat, an' the boy talked to me like twice in the journey," it was hard not to let the annoyed tone come out in her voice. One of her biggest pet peeves was having someone else determine how well she did at something.

"With that in mind, I don't know if he'll work for ya, once he gets back from whatever he is doin' ya can feel free to ask," after a long drink from her tank of ale she gave a smile, "Sorry, hit a sore spot there. Look, I get it. Fifteen coin is great, an' I know that one day I'll earn ya trust and your pay. Ya got anythin' else ya need to tell me before the festival? People I should know, things I should keep an eye out for? Clothing I should get? Also, where's my room?"

She tried to act friendly, trying to encourage confidence and not let the little hairs that stood up on the back of her neck show hostility. It took a few moments, but she calmed herself down, hoping soon she can stop herself from reacting so poorly when she has someone lump her in with someone else. Raaz works alone, and earned her reputation and abilities without the help. She didn't need some wannabe who didn't even want to talk to her f*ck this up for her.
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 04:13 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Purano "Flute and Diplomat", Month of Peace"Is that so eh?" Naja downed the contents of her mug, but waved away the barkeep instead of having it refilled. "Probably can't use em to listen in then..." The Apiarian seemed to think this over for a second while running her hand over the counter of the bar.

"Well, no matter - I could set him up as a guard. Not your problem." With that out of the way she adressed the questions Raaz still had. "I will give you a rundown of who you need to pay attention to straight at the Ziggurat tomorrow so I can point them out to you. Save to say that there will be a delegation of every Broken Bridge Nation, sometimes also Vinja or Poyne. Haze-Lo rarely bothers. As for clothing - I'll have something your size brought over on the morrow. Not worth buying fancy attendants clothes when we can have some borrowed for you - Or are ya asking for general fashion advice? That I can't give ya."

The woman smirked slightly - at least that was what the shuffling of her chitinous plates looked like to Raaz - before adding. "But I'm not making two trips. I'll walk you both up to the house when the guy is back. You won't be sharing a room anyhow, so don't you worry."

Red Moon Hospital, Month of Peace"Well then, follow me." The tanned human waved one robed arm towards the entrance of the foul smelling hospital before guiding Jo'Seph into the murky interior. The iron smell of dried blood and the stink of grangrenous flesh was overwhelming but the priest still smiled as she led the To'Ari through halls filled with cots holding the sick. A few robed figures were slowly walking between the beds dispersing water or rewrapping bandages. It was eerily quiet - with few of the ailing moaning, let alone screaming.

"We do what we can for those that can't afford other care." After passing two large halls they ascended a pair of crooked stairs, finding even more sick on the floor above. "Some are less fortunate than others, though the majority recover in our care." The Priest did not slow down as she led Jo'Seph through a smaller room in which a pair of her colleagues were busy sewing off a discoloured and foul smelling foot off a haggard looking Ux. Strangely the man did not scream or stir. He was merely sitting up and watching the procedure with a glazed over look on his face.

At the end of the tour there was a smaller stairway leading into a small tower. Inside the narrow room there was another moon and eye made out of hammered brass hung upon wall opposite of a round window. In front of the symbol was a pile off bones of different sizes, but seemingly mostly of composed of limbs. The Human Priest took a small bow towards the symbol before facing Jo'Seph again, smiling widely. "The Vision received by our Lord Tannis were different for each of us. For me it was simple - his red eye in the sky talking to me, mostly telling me about himself and what I would have to do. Which included coming into the city and building this hospital for him, to gather others like me and help the sick. Is that what you wanted to know?"
Old Jul 3rd, 2018, 08:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
"The red eye in the sky-did it resemble a 'blood moon?' Some people wearing a similar symbol in my area spoke of something similar. Aside from that, I am thankful that you do this act of mercy in the name of your lord. How exactly do you manage to keep the sick and injured from feeling pain? Is there some sacred herb which blocks pain?"
Jo'Seph does not suspect these people of much, but he is curious about what other things Lord Tannis might ask these people to do.
Old Jul 4th, 2018, 07:17 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
RaazShe laughed at Naja's comments and shook her head, "Good to know that I shouldn't come to ya for fashion advice. I just need some normal clothing, borrowed is fine."

She asked for another round and then stretched, "Well, hopefully he'll be here soon. Not sure why healing would take so long, but all in all it's fine. Nice to have a peaceful conversation every once in awhile. As a question, since I'll be stayin' here for a bit, once I prove myself to ya, do you mind introducin' me to the people that can get me more work? I like to keep busy."

Raaz held the mug in her hand only drinking a sip of it. It was less she was thirsty and more that she wanted a drink to hold in her hand, "No rush, and don't even have to answer me now. Just a question."
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Purano "Flute and Diplomat", Month of Peace"It's what I'm here for.", Naja mumbled before turning towards Raaz again. "I'll make sure you get your jobs alright. But it's a little more complicated than just pointing you towards connected people."

The Apiarian seemed to mull things over before she finally had the right words to put it in. "They might do it different in Taytomac but here it's like all of us agents are little islands. Each of us know a few of the others, but it's said that nobody knows all. It would be too many anyway I reckon. It's a way to stay safe, hidden. If somebody was after us they might be able to take out the crew of a whole neighborhood, but things stop there and new people just flood in."

"As for jobs - each quarter does things their own way according to the people they have and what kind of rackets are going on there. Then some money is handed upstream to keep the organisation going. We're close to the water here, so there is a lot of smuggling. Sometimes the masters, those that are at the top of things, formulate big plots, then those things travel down the grapevine in the form of orders or jobs. Mostly it's necessary when the Ahriman is on our trail, but It happens less often than you'd think though - generally the whole creed of it is "make money". We snakes value independence."

Red Moon Hospital, Month of PeaceThe Priestesses smile did not falter as she listened to Jo'Sephs new questions. Her eyes lit up slightly as she answered. "Why yes, the blood moon is the sign that Tannis is come."

The human motioned towards the altar and the symbol as if that would explain anything. "There is no herb involved. It is the power given to us by our lord. We take the pain with nothing but our faith. You might call it magic. Is there anything else that you need to know? I have duties to attend to."

OOCShorter update. We'll be moving things into the "Chapter 1" when Eric comes back.

Last edited by Phettberg; Jul 6th, 2018 at 07:04 AM.
Old Jul 6th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
"You have answered most of my questions, and I thank you for that."
Jo'Seph heads back to the ship. He has learned what he can here, but there is something more going on.
What is the Blood Moon? A specific astrological event which will herald the coming of Tannis?
If the ordained of Tannis have magical powers, he is clearly in over his head. He has no idea how to fight magic.
His sword was able to kill the man made of arms, but will it be able to harm anything else which he fight face?
He dares not ask these people about the man of arms, for fear that he will give away too much.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Purano "Flute and Diplomat" and beyond, Month of PeaceBack at the Flute Naja told Jo'Seph that he could come along to look at the place to stay she had prepared for the both of them, but that he would have to do her a favour the next day and work security at the Ziggurat tomorrow.

The lodgings turned out to be a shack erected out of wooden logs on the flat roof of a two story stone building. With the oppressive heat of summer the draughty structure was probably not even the worst thing to spend the night in, and straw stuffed matresses had been provided. A staircase ran up the back of the building to reach the roof, so it could be accessed without running through its insides and disturbing the regular residents.

"Have fun, but don't leave anything valuable up here - as you can see you don't need wings to jump over from another roof. I'll collect you tomorrow at first light and bring you to the Ziggurat." Naja left them a key for the simple lock at the door of the shack before she left them to their own devices for the night.

OOCJust a little inbetween post - I'll lead you into the main thread with the others on friday.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I haven't learned much. The healers have a holy spell which removes pain, and they serve Tanis of the Blood Moon, but beyond that, they don't seem to be particularly sinister. Perhaps this was just a dead end, but it was worth checking out."
Old Jul 12th, 2018, 05:31 PM
The Hoarder of Stories

Tools
User Statistics
Raaz"Havin' answers is always good, even if they're not the answers you were lookin' for." she stretched as she looked over Jo'Seph, "Naja tell ya about the job tomorrow? The one at the Ziggurat? Seems interestin' enough."

Old Jul 15th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
OOCContinued here.
Closed Thread