Game Thread Chapter 1: Revelations /Scene 3: We shall need to hold on. - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > GURPS > Arkanun - Between the Heaven and the Hell > The Western Europe
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Sep 6th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Schwarz's Avatar
Schwarz Schwarz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 6th, 2020
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Posts: 2,289
Chapter 1: Revelations /Scene 3: We shall need to hold on.

Thiremont
Late in the night


right-aligned image
Thiremont's Steward Jackes
They uninterruptedly advanced toward Thiremont, walking during all that day and night. The moon was, fortunately, giving its light at the night, helping them to keep their pace and quickly arrive at their destination. Their body was already tired when they sighed Thiremont's fields and the Lord's keep at the horizon.

A couple of guards saw the group, and recognizing Rosemonde, quickly guided them to the keep. In the hall, the steward Jackes happily greeted them, but with a curious looking at his face asked:

"Welcome back Lady Thiremont, it's so good to see you back. Safe and in peace. But... where's Lord Thiremont and everyone else? I was expecting your return not to be earlier than two or three weeks after your departure." He paused and stared at Rosemonde's clothes "Also, sorry to ask. But you are looking exhausted and a - little - poor dressed my lady. Is everything alright, my lady?"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 03:02 PM
MagicallyMusing's Avatar
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing is offline
Drama Delivered Daily
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2021
RPXP: 3173
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Posts: 5,138
Rosemonde takes to the road eagerly, exciting to be heading towards safer, more familiar territory. As she nears the borders of her father's lands, though, a thought occurs to her and she finds that she's suddenly far less eager to go home. Once I'm home and Jackes hears what has happened, there is little chance he will let me leave again without my father's say so. Perhaps if I'm very lucky I can convince him that I urgently need to to the French court with my new friends... But even if he were to help us assemble men and equip the others to return to face the demoness, there is no way that he'll let me accompany them...

Despite her misgivings, Rosemonde is still quite eager for a hot bath, a good meal, and a good rest in a comfortable bed, so she says nothing of her doubts to her companions.

When they finally enter the comfort of her father's hall again, Rosemonde can't help but breathe a sigh of relief.

"No, everything has not been alright." Rosemonde answers Jackes. "My father is, I hope, still quite well in London. These men have been quite kind to see me safely home, but we have had an extremely hard time of things.

Remembering her manners, she turns to James and John, being their ranking guests, to start the introductions. "Lord Forester and Lord Talbot, it pleases me to introduce my father's steward, Jackes. Jackes, also with me are Gabriel Marais of Marais Ironworks, and Talbot Griffin the bard. I met these gentlemen at the gathering with Ayah, but since then I have come to owe them my life. It's a long story, and I'd be pleased to tell it, but first, we could all use baths, more appropriate clothing and a good meal... And please, send a messenger to my father and Lady Forester in London as soon as possible. He does not know what has become of me. Perhaps with those things done, the story would be easier to face... particularly with some mulled wine in hand."
__________________
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck

Last edited by MagicallyMusing; Sep 7th, 2017 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2021
RPXP: 6158
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,814
A Safe Place
left-aligned image
Exhausted from the long, hard march, Gabriel stands back from the group, nodding politely when introduced by Mademoiselle Thiremonde.

Clumsily, he attempts to translate for Lord Talbot, and Monsieur Griffin.

"He is surprised at Mademoiselle's return of so early by the time of two weeks. Introductions, yes, he knows our names now, this is good, yes?"

He listens a little more.

"He... is surprised at the clothing we have to be doing the wearing, yes. Very poor. That was our plan, yes, a good plan. Mademoiselle is asking him, Monsieur Jackes, that is his name, the stewart of the Thiremonte lands. He will be finding for us the clothes and hot bath. And... oh yes, some wine. I could find much happiness in a good, strong drink, tonight. That would be most nice and happy, yes? Marvelous!"

He claps his hands together softly, holding them together and interlacing his fingers, giving a bow and his most charming smile.

"I am Gabriel Marais of the Marais Ironworks, as Mademoiselle de Thiremonde has said. I am pleased to make the acquaintance of one held so high in the esteem of such a powerful house as de Thiremonde. If letters and messages are being sent to London, I would wish to pen a missive to Monsieur Le Grange, a family friend and partner in the business, who may also be wondering where I have disappeared to. We were to travel together back to Paris after accounts and orders in London were settled. After a hot bath and a cup of wine, of course."


 
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Sep 17th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Schwarz's Avatar
Schwarz Schwarz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 6th, 2020
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Posts: 2,289
left-aligned image
Jackes was always a helpful man, very busy with everything and trying to help everyone at his best. Doing all that he could for his Lord and family.

Hearing his Lady's needs, he quickly bowed his head saying "Yes, my Lady. Please, wait at the dining hall while I arrange the meal and the rooms for our guests.", then he left the room.

The dining hall was very big, it had two long tables with several chairs. Some barrels were at one corner, while in the other corner there was a special table reserved for the Lord and his wife.

At least they could rest in peace, at a secure place. Or not?

Unfortunately, their peace abruptly ended when a familiar voice said "Well, well. Looks like you walked all the way here just to be betrayed by your own people.". It was the nude winged woman that just suddenly appeared.

"I was just waiting for the right moment. When you would see with your own eyes what my dumb servant did to you. At least you gave him what he deserved and I did not even need to get his blood in my hands. That was nice. So, you look a very strong group, and it would be a shame if I did lose this opportunity. So, would you help me in exchange for your life and freedom back? Your people are arriving here with a group of soldiers to arrest you. They have a holy man here, who discovered what I did to you - well, what my stupid servant did by mistake."

She stopped, and while looking to Rosemonde, said "You. Look at your forearm." Rosemonde could see a strange mark, red as blood. "You have been marked by me. You drank, at that night, my blood and now you will slowly turn into my servant. And not only you woman." Pointing to everyone, she completed "All of you have been marked and will lose all your humanity. The time varies, but it will happen soon or later. And it will be impossible for you to hide amidst your people. Oh, those stupid holy men, they can see that you have been marked. They can see your demonic heritage, now. And yes, they will burn you tonight."

Approaching the table she finished "You need me to survive and receive your humanity back. So, this is my pretty fair proposal. I can get you away from here if you agree to do something for me. Then, if you are successful on what I want, I will give your humanity back. Otherwise, you will be dead anyway. What do you say?"

OOC
 

Locations
Jonh B9
Gabriel B10
Rosemonde D9
James D10
Talbot D11
Winged Nude Woman B7
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Sep 18th, 2017, 05:54 PM
MagicallyMusing's Avatar
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing is offline
Drama Delivered Daily
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2021
RPXP: 3173
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Posts: 5,138
Rosemonde took her seat at the table with a relieved sigh, pausing a moment to rest her face in her hands, absently rubbing the sapphire and silver beads of her rosary. She was exhausted, and hungry, and though she'd promised Jackes their story, she was looking very much forward to a bath and bed.

She wished that her brother Henry was home to read to her as she fell asleep as he always used to do when she was sick or upset in their youth. .. But Henry was off to fight at the king's side, and might very well be in as much need of comfort as Rosemonde was.

An unpleasantly familiar voice sounded beside the table, and Rosemonde jumped, sitting bolt upright and reflexively grabbing James' arm. Seeing nothing, Rosemonde hoped that in her exhaustion she's imagined the voice, but she is not so lucky and the demoness steps out of the air beside the table.

Rosemonde had not even yet registered the demoness' words, so upset is she by the winged woman's sudden appearance. For this creature to appear in the one place where Rosemonde should be safe, it was a violation beyond describing and Rosemonde began to tremble violently almost as soon as the thing appeared. Tears streaming down her face and plainly terrified, Rosemonde does not even think of interrupting the creature.

At the creature's directive, Rosemonde draws back her sleeve to look at her arm, and recoils at the mark she finds there, frantically rubbing it as if trying to determine if it was really there.

Threatening their lives, the creature approaches the table and Rosemonde shrinks back, quietly sobbing, as she considers the thing's proposal. Gradually, a change is made in Rosemonde and terror is overcome by fury. How dare this thing mark her against her will, follow her home and threaten to use her own people to murder her?

"Vile deceiver!" the young noble woman declares.

Against any thought of good sense, Rosemonde sweeps furiously to her feet and throws back her chair. Though tears still stream down her face and drip from her chin, Rosemonde boldly faces the winged woman, almost literally toe-to-toe with her.

"Only a fool would believe a single word from your forked tongue! No man in this household or city would dare to harm me in my father's own hall, particularly with him not currently in residence! At worst, they would hold me until my father returned, and my father's household would never think of violating hospitality to harm guests! Even if it is true what you say about your blood, I refuse to believe that I am damned by it! If it is a choice of dying tonight, doing your bidding or being your mindless slave, I would rather stay and die, but I do not believe it will come to that! I doubt very much that anyone here knows anything of you or your slave, and even if they did, still would my confession be heard and I would be allowed to receive Holy Communion! Surely if your blood can condemn us, the blood of Christ can save us. I will not be made to flee from my own home, not when we have no reason to believe a word you say is true, and even if it is, fleeing in that way would be as good as an admission of guilt and would prevent me from ever returning home again! I will not be cast out of my own home by the devil's doxy! Get out!"

Rosemonde stands for a moment, solid in her fury, as her rant reaches its end. A blink later, and Rosemonde seems to realize that she's screaming in a demoness' face... Some subconscious sense of self-preservation takes over, and Rosemonde's eyes roll back in her head and she collapses at the winged woman's feet in a dead faint.
__________________
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Sep 19th, 2017, 11:49 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2021
RPXP: 6158
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,814
She's BAAaaaack!
left-aligned image
Relaxed and refreshed after a hot bath and a good meal, Gabriel sipped at his wine, laughing gaily with his new friends and chatting softly about how to talk about their recent trials, when the demoness appeared again.

"God in heaven, hell on earth..."

His heart leaped into his throat, choking off all other words, and Gabriel tripped over his chair in an effort to slink back and hide. As he sat on the floor, eyes wide with fear, the brave and outstanding Rosemonde stood face to face with the creature. Her tirade in English was fast and passionate, though Gabriel only heard a few words. The pounding of his heart filled his ears.

We drank her blood?! When? How? Marked?!

Gabriel pulls up his sleeve, and looks at the hideous mark upon his arm.

Light of heaven, lords mercy upon us... what is this!?

A whiff of a memory passes his mind, the books he dared not read deeply, the tomes of horror and ancient, black secrets. He had thought often of these ancient tomes, hidden in the deepest, darkest corner of the chateau Marais the past two days, since the episode in the ruins. If he had his books, he would be better prepared for handling something like... her.

I should have read those more carefully, but the pages, they smelled of hatred and corruption, and I had to wash my hands after just touching them. They are vile, but they hold the secrets. Maybe even her secrets.

As he thought of his books, and her words, Rosemonde stopped her tirade and just... collapsed.

"Mademoiselle!"

Voice quivering, hands paralyzed in fear, Time! We need more time! Gabriel speaks to her.

"W-w-what d-d-do you w-w-want?"

Panting, he tried to center himself, and focus on Rosemonde.

Peace... peace in my heart, peace in my mind, reach out... reach out.

He reaches towards Rosemonde with his very soul, touching her forehead, to see what has caused her this condition, and if she is in need of his talents.


 
OOC:Reaching out to see what happened to Rosemonde, just a lvl1 or 2 Understand Humans spell, Detect Sickness or Injury.

Dice Understand Humans 15:
3d6 3, 1, 5 Total = 9
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; Sep 19th, 2017 at 11:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Sep 22nd, 2017, 04:23 PM
RacesWild RacesWild is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2020
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Posts: 1,852
Through this entire trip, James remained silent. Thinking. Something he was not used to doing. Through the whole greeting and sitting down for a meal and getting ready for the trip north, James remained silent. Then the vile demoness showed her face.

Vile creature. You seek to corrupt us. My priest once said, that those that are corrupted from birth, are no more capable of further corruption as a fish can swim through too much water. So, you have sicked your minions on us. To what avail? Do you wish to make us your slaves?

Looking around for a weapon of some kind, James look back at the Demoness. I kill things like you, and it is apparent that you were afraid of us in the ruins. Be a good girl, and remove the mark, or my friends an I will slaughter you like the pig you are.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Sep 28th, 2017, 06:46 AM
Beckelhimer's Avatar
Beckelhimer Beckelhimer is offline
Extreme Social Anxiety
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2020
RPXP: 563
Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer
Posts: 642

Talbot, stricken with fear, was paralyzed. He couldn't move nor could he speak. He didn't know what to do and if he did he didn't know if he even had the courage to stand up against this creature...this demon. His thoughts were on the Word of God and knew the right prayers and the right verses. He knew the truth. But in his heart was a completely different truth. A truth that has been becoming more clear since the night of the party. Talbot was a coward. His thoughts rushed away from the Word of God and moments of his life flashed through his mind. And each moment showed how much of a coward Talbot truly was. Running from place to place. Running from his own life. He could never face anything in life because Talbot was a coward. Just like the night when they first encountered this demon he ran away but told himself and the others that he was protecting Rosemonde. Lies. All lies.
A coward, that is what you are Talbot. The voice was penetrating his thoughts. It is all he could focus on.
A coward!
And with that Talbot threw himself on the floor pleading, "Please..please...I don't want to die! Please...I'll do anything you want. Please...Just don't kill me...please..."
__________________
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Sep 29th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Schwarz's Avatar
Schwarz Schwarz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 6th, 2020
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Posts: 2,289
left-aligned image


The winged woman merely looked at Rosemonde's face while she was yelling. When she suddenly fainted, the demoness just ignored her. Then the fear and anger rose up in that room. She was pleased. She could not hide that.

"Do not worry, humans. I will treat you very well. I just want your help, while you still are humans. It will be a simple work and I will free you..." when she said that, she stopped for a moment and moved her head as if she was hearing something "Well, they are coming and I need to go."

She took a chalice from the table and bit her forearm spilling the blood into it. Her blood filled the chalice. It was black and opaque, very thick, almost solid.

"Drink it and you will be sent to my infernal circle, where I will be waiting for you. But you need to hurry. They are coming." at the end of these words, she vanished.

Gabriel, using his magic, tried to see if Rosemonde was under some kind of unnatural force, but he realized that she just naturally fainted.

Last edited by Schwarz; Sep 29th, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Oct 2nd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2021
RPXP: 6158
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,814
She's BAAaaaack!
left-aligned image

Gabriel shakily rises to his feet, and looks around the room, then again at his arm.

"Lord Forester, Lord Talbot?" he addresses the martially adept men, "You said, the man in the ruins, his neck and skin, they were strong, like leather or armor? Did you say?"

He does not wait for an answer. "Yes, I think you say that. I can do that magic as well, make skin like armor. It is very difficult, very tired magic, but I can do. Maybe she did the magic to make the mark, yes?" He shows his mark.

"Mademoiselle is not hurt, she, ah, she used her strength, and a natural blackness took her eyes. She will be fine, she just needs salts, or time. I could wake her now, but I think I must save my strength. Maybe, small, ahh..." he slaps himself gently on the face three times, "on the cheek?"

He defers to Lord Forester to wake the Lady, for Gabriel would never dare slap a noblewoman, even it it was to wake her from a hysteria induced blackness.

"These marks, maybe I can remove? I can fix scars and burns, maybe I can fix these. I cannot remove all, I can help two, then I must rest."

In French, he says to Lord Forester, "I apologize for my poor English skills, I never knew I would need to communicate about such a thing! I must study and remedy this! But there is one thing I must tell you. If the demoness spoke truth about men coming, then I can bend some of their minds, though not all, to ignore the marks, they will not see them, but doing so will drain me severely, I may even collapse from the effort. What do you recommend Lord Forester? I have only so much strength to give. Remove two marks, or attempt to bend the minds of the soldiers? Under no circumstances should we drink that blood!"


 
OOC:Move next to Rosemonde
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Oct 4th, 2017, 10:58 AM
RacesWild RacesWild is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 8th, 2020
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Posts: 1,852
Looking down asst Rosemonde, James thinks. Yes,
do not drink the blood. Gabriel, bend their minds, especially their commander. John and I can handle the rest if needed.
James sounded weary. In truth, his soul was tired.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Karhald's Avatar
Karhald Karhald is online now
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2021
RPXP: 6158
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Posts: 3,814
A bloody dilemma
left-aligned image

Gabriel looks at the goblet filled with blood.

"Let us be rid of this filth, then."

Nervously and with care, he picks up the goblet, and while holding the vile contents at arms length, cautiously walks to the fireplace. He dumps the contents in the ashes, and returns to the tables, picking up a bottle of wine. Returning to the fireplace, he pours a glass of wine, and dumps the remains, before repeating the process until the bottle is empty.

"This, we must wash, many times."

He looks at the goblet again, then shakes his head.

"No, melt down, destroy, never use this cup. Never use again."

He then walks to Talbot the bard, and extends his small hand.

"I have fears too, many fears, keep your heart for God giving to. I do not know enough about the Arkanun, I but I can find more. I do not want those rituals, they are..."

His voice trails off, and he looks at the fireplace where he dumped the blood.

"horrible, evil, vile." He closes his eyes, and takes a slow, measured breath. "But if learn I must do, for to be the fighting of them, I will."

He opens his eyes and looks at Talbot. "Fear will go. Bravery will stay. Stand with me, be tall, my friend."


 
OOC:Wasted a whole bottle of wine! Sorry Rosemonde.

also, assuming there's a fireplace here, or a fire pit, or some braziers. Whatever they use for the cold autumn/winter nights.
__________________
Oathtaker, EARTHDAWN GM, Super Set of Step Dice Code

Last edited by Karhald; Oct 10th, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Oct 11th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Beckelhimer's Avatar
Beckelhimer Beckelhimer is offline
Extreme Social Anxiety
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2020
RPXP: 563
Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer
Posts: 642

"No! Please..." Talbot watched as Gabriel poured out the demon's blood from the goblet. "...please. I can't..."
Talbot was defeated. The world he thought he knew was crumbling before him. Thoughts of the demon raced through his mind and that of what he saw from his companions.
Defeated.
"I'm done," Talbot mumbled to himself...

Talbot took Gabriel's hand. Though, most of Gabriel's words never reached his ears. "Friend," Talbot looked Gabriel in the eye, "yes. Friend."
There's another way through this. There must be. Talbot stored his fear deep within himself.
__________________
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Schwarz's Avatar
Schwarz Schwarz is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 6th, 2020
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Posts: 2,289
left-aligned image
Bishop Danieli


The tension was increasing. The fear of the unknown. What were the answers? What had they done?

Seconds later, they heard the door opening. It was Thiremont's Steward Jackes, but he was not alone. A group of seven guards was with him and a middle-aged priest, as well.

Jackes said "Please, stay where you are and hear what Bishop Danieli has to say."

The priest called Danieli, stepping a little closer, said raising both arms "I saw your devilish marks in my vision! Your pact with the devil is unacceptable! You must be burned, then your body will be sanctified! Accept the divine purification!" Motioning to the guards, he yelled "Guards, arrest them at once! This is a direct divine order!"

So, the guards just nodded to the Bishop, moving towards the group. At that statement, Jackes' face fell, and he went away sad, he could not see that.

 

Last edited by Schwarz; Oct 13th, 2017 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Oct 13th, 2017, 09:21 PM
MagicallyMusing's Avatar
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing is offline
Drama Delivered Daily
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2021
RPXP: 3173
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Posts: 5,138
Rosemonde slowly returns to consciousness. Before she has even opened her eyes, she knows that the demoness is gone. There is no sense of her evil presence, and she breathes a sigh of relief, slowly opening her eyes and blinking in the light.

She's not entirely sure how she ended up on the floor, the last thing she knew she'd been ordering the demoness out... Perhaps she's been attacked. She probably deserved it.

From somewhere nearby, she hears Jackes voice, and calls to him, "Jackes..."

Before she can even finish the thought, the bishop comes in with the guards and Jackes hastily leaves, she calls again, "Jackes!"

Still clutching the rosary twined between her fingers, she pushes herself up on her elbows and rolls to her knees into a posture of deep, sincere supplication. "Monsieur l'abbé... Please. You have known me all my life. You baptized me. You know that I would not ever knowingly enter such a pact. I was tricked... As were my companions. We've been tainted by hellish blood... but let us be cleansed by Christ's mercy." Visibly trembling, Rosemonde is perhaps not as confident as her words seem. "If I must die to be purified, I submit... but please, allow me at least to confess and receive the Eucharist first. Give me the last rites and let me die as a good Christian woman... The same way I have lived the rest of my life."
__________________
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck

Last edited by MagicallyMusing; Oct 13th, 2017 at 09:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB