RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 18th, 2020, 08:22 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Ermagerd.

So cool to hear from all of you guys. I freaking loved this game and I've missed you all. Can't believe it's already been over 2 years.

Life hasn't really stopped kicking me in the teeth lately, though it's not as bad as all that. Bad **** happened on the job, I developed PTSD, I got pushed out of that career, got embroiled in a lawsuit as a result, kinda' lost touch with the site since the PTSD destroyed my attention span, (As Karhald can attest. I've promised to get back on his game and flaked on him several times,), lost my business, got divorced (from a dude on this site, no less. 50 points if you can figure out who,) and have been dealing with the ensuing property and custody disputes since then.

Now I'm finding that my brain is starting to recover from its' scrambling, and while I'm still far from my original functional self, my mood is more stable than it's ever been, I've been able to leave the house without my service dog, and my attention span is back to where I can read again and still retain some of what I've read. Regaining the ability to read is more gratifying than I have words for. Soooo now I'm slowly trying to piece my life back together.
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 09:57 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6158
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicallyMusing View Post
(As Karhald can attest. I've promised to get back on his game and flaked on him several times,)
Not to worry at all. I knew you were going through some very rough times, I didn't know they were THAT rough. YIKES!

My game is going so slowly that there is zero pressure for you to come back quickly, or at all. I have a plan for your character if you don't return, and it's a pleasant one.
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1398
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
@MagicalylMusing- I am sorry to hear that all of that has happened. If you ever need to talk, I am always up for a venting fest. I am still on here... Sometimes.
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 10:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1166
Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz Schwarz
Oh, sorry to hear that MagicalylMusing! I hope you feel better soon and as RacesWild said, I consider you guys as my friends so count on me also.

And I was just wondering here, after reading the scene 3 again, what would happen next and how you would figure things out, I can barely remember the small details I had prepared, but I remember the spin that was yet to come, would be nice to see your reactions on that
Old Jun 22nd, 2020, 11:07 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing MagicallyMusing
Yes, I would love to jump right back in again.
“This is the law. The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental.”
–John Steinbeck
Old Jun 22nd, 2020, 11:33 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Me too! I miss playing my nervous little Frenchman.
Old Jun 25th, 2020, 09:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Oh yeah, but we don't have more than half of the gang, and I also almost forgot my own homebrew magic system hahaha
So I would be open for ideas on how we could recycle this story
Old Jun 25th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Well, I see that Beckel is still logging on regularly, he hasn't responded to whispers yet?
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Nope, I sent that DM to you all when I returned, but not sure if he saw that one, so maybe he's just taking a peek every once in a while.
Old Jun 28th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
In his 'contact' pane, he lists a FaceBook account, I could message him through there, or if you want to try. I'd love to see the game continue, even after a long delay.

That being said, I'm super busy with RL, so I don't know if I'll be able to commit the time needed for the kind of thoughtful yet bumbling Gabriel antics that are so much fun to write.
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
I'm still pretty flaky myself, it sounds like none of us is ready to jump in to a fast paced story. Recycling the story shouldn't be too hard, even of we go on without a few players. We were at a pretty serious junction anyway. Having a few decide to go their own way in the narrative would be simple enough.

Honestly, (and of course it isn't my system, so my opinion only means so much) but the mechanics were never a driving force in the game. You could probably come up with an entirely new magic system and I probably wouldn't notice.
–John Steinbeck
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 11:38 PM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
Also, derp, Beckelheimer is a Facebook friend of mine. I'llshoot him a note.
–John Steinbeck
Old Jul 12th, 2020, 02:25 AM
Drama Delivered Daily

Tools
User Statistics
I'm wracked by insomnia, and this is a thing I found as a result. And now it is in your brain, too.
–John Steinbeck
Old Jul 12th, 2020, 04:04 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for this! I'm listening to her playlist right now. This is brilliant.
Old Jul 12th, 2020, 01:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
oh, thanks for this, inspiring to go back to those dark medieval times