Game Thread Chapter 4: Rushing to War - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > GURPS > At the Edge of Chaos > Archive #2 - Book One: Ships from the North
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Nov 15th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Gaekub Gaekub is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2019
RPXP: 457
Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub
Posts: 322
On FootVoitleja marched on next to Acorn, doing his best to focus on the man's words and filter out the hundreds of footsteps his sharp hearing picked up on. "I understand. Thank you," he said. It was too bad that Acorn could not verify the woman's claims, but he hadn't expected anything different. He also took a moment to file away the information on different nations of people, thinking it might be useful in the future. Skin and hair color was, of course, useless to him, but he could tell curly hair from straight at least.


On the ShipVoitleja stood silently as Sigisa explained her idea, taking advantage of his sonar to examine the faces and reactions of the other squad leaders without making it clear he was looking at them. If they had any substantial objections, hopefully it would be obvious on their faces. He was silent for a few moments after the Argasi finished speaking, and then said "If you are confident that you can take that way safely, I trust your judgement as captain." He paused again, and tilted his head downward to face the sailor in an attempt to establish more of a rapport. "However, we have time to take the long way. If there is a real chance of danger to the shortcut, we will avoid it. Please, you must be honest with me."

Last edited by Gaekub; Nov 20th, 2018 at 05:10 PM.
  #107  
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Ericg1s's Avatar
Ericg1s Ericg1s is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Posts: 8,056
"I trust the captain to choose a good route."
Jo'Seph Is uncertain what to say...
  #108  
Old Nov 16th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Vulco1's Avatar
Vulco1 Vulco1 is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 4th, 2019
RPXP: 613
Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1
Posts: 421
AseWhen everyone gets back to the galley, Ase goes to bunk and makes sure his items are still where he left them. He goes over each item one by one. Not because he feared they were missing, but because he was so relieved to make it back alive. He has learned a lot about himself during this outing and he would have to come to terms with every feeling roiling inside him and make his peace with them.

He sat down and updated his journals with the last few days information, hand drawing some maps and any interesting things he observed.

He then stood up and went to look for Yalar. He'd heard a bit about the Ux and how they may be similar, even if it was in a superficial fashion. He was curious to see how much and what they had in common. if he could find Yalar while the other wasn't preoccupied, then maybe they could have a nice talk and kill some time.
  #109  
Old Nov 19th, 2018, 10:45 AM
TheDragonQueen's Avatar
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen is offline
The Hoarder of Stories
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2020
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Posts: 2,939
RaazWalking next to the new member, Raaz kept an eye on everyone around them, including their own. The walk went quickly, and eaves dropping on conversations let her learn more about the people she was surrounding herself with. Raaz did attempt some minimal small talk with the woman, hoping she would ne ppen to a potential friendship, even if the young Ilder didn't completely trust her motives yet.

Relying on others to maintain focus on their surroundings she listened, and gathered intel. The trip was short, and when they finally got to camp Raaz felt herself begin to relax. She was invited to join a small game, that would test her shooting skills, and of course she had to jump on board and prove herself. Within minutes she saw Yalar from beside her and heard his offer of sparring. With a warm smile she called out, "Ya beat me, I'm off to do something else."

Following Yalar they ran into Ase and she waved pleasently, "Come watch me get my rear handed to me..."


ooc
Dice Observation?:
3d6 6, 5, 6 Total = 17

Last edited by TheDragonQueen; Nov 21st, 2018 at 07:43 PM.
  #110  
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
Afreh Territories, evening of day 6 of the Campaign, Month of PeaceSigisa nodded her head and thought about the orders for a second. Scratching the brown fur between the base of her horns she looked upwards and studied the cloudless sky of night for a moment, then looked towards the ocean.

Eventually she seemed satisfied and turned back to Voitleja. "Then it is up to the weather. There is a cool breeze coming in from the sea, which might bring clouds on the morrow. If it doesn't I would recommend the quickest route to Dimi."

The other squadleaders nodded and murmured amongst themselves at that. There was a sense of eagerness about them, most of all around Memnesius. For now the Keita seemed satisfied that they were moving at all, but it was evident he preferred to go as fast as possible. Maybe it was just that he would have wanted to be in charge himself over Voitleja.

Still, he saluted. "Right then. I'll let my men know if you please. Keep morale up and whatnot. Or do you have any other orders for us tonight?"

The others turned back towards Voitleja too, waiting to receive orders, be dismissed or both.

Raaz could see that Asef had been telling the truth about Ebstun. He had gathered all of the archers of their squad around a flat stone upon which he demonstrated how to throw down and pick up the sticks that made the Tsing Goun game. Even Acorn, the human was with them, and Asef had really brought Wahka along. The Frogwoman had contended herself with sitting off to one side, leering over the game through one bulbous eye not covered by her dirty hood. Maybe the Archers had not been fond of her actually joining in. All of them held tin cups of watered wine or the thin ale they were lugging around on the ships, even the Bullywug. Sheedi had also joined in, and he seemed to have lightened up quite a bit since this morning. Then again it may have also been the almost ten hours of rowing that did it and not the present company.

It seemed to be Archers only though, considering Bucket, Acorns brother was not partaking in the game, much as he seemed like he wanted to. The oaf sat leaning on a log facing towards the fire and away from the Players, often looking back at his brother with a certain longing in his black eyes. He seemed somewhat lost without the man, or at least uneasy. Modwenn was sitting next to him nursing something to drink, probably only due to the fact that Bucket was most likely too kind or too simple to have any resentment against her.

A bit away from those two, and closer to Raaz, where all of the rest. Gao and Mali sat close together, though Gao was focused on a couple of Gettans from another squad. Mali had been quiet for a while, eating and drinking much. Eventually she shook off her stupor and focused on Jo'Seph nearby.

"Hey small one," she barked out finally. It was true that she was most of a head taller than the Skink. "What's that about you lugging stones from all the way back. You got that fancy sword on you don't ya? I saw you polish it, no need to deny. So when're you going to stand with the rest of us?"

At that Gao leaned backwards and smiled a devilish grin their way, seemingly approving of the banter. When he turned back to his Gettan friends he said something in their language, or any other language than the one shared on the Broken Bridge that made his comrades laugh.

Yalar, standing a few steps away after having asked Raaz to spar frowned at this, but seeing that the Ilder was willing to take him up on the offer he led her away from the campfire. As they trudged across the sand Ase crossed their paths, wanting to speak with Yalar.

The Ux paused and held up his hands in conciliation. "Cousin I will speak with you gladly. Right now I am off to instruct our companion in the ways of swordsmanship as I understand it. If you so desire you can watch, and we can talk afterwards. Come."

Touching Ase gently at the Shell he urged the man on to come with them to where sand gave way to solid ground. It was here that the Ux unsheathed his long curved Shotel - a sabre unlike those wielded by other races.

"Young one, I will not strike with strength," said Yalar as he swung his sword a few times through the air to test it. Raaz remembered that the smooth and young looking Ux may in fact be many times her elder. The molluscs lived a long life. "But I will strike with speed. Deflect my blade, and when you are ready, strike back at me."


OOC@Vulco Feel free to jump in at any point if you find the time, but I just pulled you along so you had something to get into.

@Dragonqueen For the whole sparring thing just give me three rolls to parry, three to attack - No damage necessary.
  #111  
Old Nov 20th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Ericg1s's Avatar
Ericg1s Ericg1s is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Posts: 8,056
"I didn't have a chance to use the sword. I can fight well with it if I need to, but it was more important to get the artillery into place. I didn't have a good shot by the time I reloaded it, but the threat of a second shot may have had an effect on their morale."
Jo'Seph answers the question, then realizes that that isn't a full answer....
After a pause to think.....
"I would be willing to stand beside you in combat if I were needed there. Perhaps if we see further action, the crew can set up the artillery without me, or it won't be needed."
  #112  
Old Nov 21st, 2018, 07:46 PM
TheDragonQueen's Avatar
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen is offline
The Hoarder of Stories
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2020
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Posts: 2,939
RaazAs they got to the clearing Raaz glanced around to make sure that no one was going to get hit other than Yalar. Thankfully, she knew he would be fast enough but was afraid of accidentally hurting someone else, or even Yalar, without intending too.

As the blade began to swing, she didn't manage to dodge the first blow, feeling the sting of the blade on her arm. As the sword got closer though she started to improve and was able to barely dodge out of the way, a few bruises still managing to grow under her fur. When she started to get comfortable she swung back, the first doing well, but as her arms kept swinging in an unfamiliar way, they grew tired and her aim was off, "This is exhausting! A bow is much easier..." she grumbled near the end, completely out of breath as she fell to the floor with sweat pouring down her shirt.
  #113  
Old Nov 23rd, 2018, 05:01 PM
Gaekub Gaekub is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2019
RPXP: 457
Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub
Posts: 322
Voitleja"Thank you Captain," Voitleja said, a little unclear on what exactly 'clouds' were but trusting the sailor. "We will wait for the weather, and I will speak with you tomorrow." He inclined his head in a short nod. "Your knowledge and prudence is appreciated."

He turned to the other squad leaders, most of his attention focused on Memnesius. The Keita's attitude was worrying him. Chafing under leadership was not a trait common among the Seene, and he wasn't sure how to deal with it. Regardless, soon he would no longer be in charge, and hopefully Memnesius would find that more agreeable. "I have no more orders for the night. Tend to your squads as you see fit," he said, and saluted the assembled leaders. "You are dismissed."

In kind, Voitleja found his own squad and approached them, walking slowly and softly so to be as unobtrusive as his towering frame could be. He was pleased to see that Raaz was training her melee skills, and that she had found a sparing partner in Yalar. The game among the archers caught his attention as well, and he was glad that Wahka was if not exactly included, at least present. It was Mali and Jo'Seph that found himself closest to, however, and he took a few steps forward to place himself with conversational distance of the pair.

"I am sure we could find another to assist Tham with the artillery in the future," he said, and then held up a single long finger. "But if you feel you can be most useful there, there is no shame to it. I would wager that your single shot did more damage than I did throughout the battle, as an example."

Last edited by Gaekub; Nov 26th, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
  #114  
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
Afreh Territories, evening of day 6 of the Campaign, Month of Peace"I damn well hope you're willing to stand the wall," Mali spat out in response to Jo, just as Voitleja was walking over. The Rak'Ari flashed the Captain a toothy smile and lazily waved a clawed hand at a nearby log.

"You checking up on the grunts boss, eh?" She chugged some ale from a bone mug before wiping her mouth with her sleeve, wincing a little as her shoulder moved. She covered it up with another grunt that turned into profanity. "Four Dragons bugger me - Gotta be some second row wimp to put up with the stone throwers, right? What about the brainy-bee? Must be around somewhere."

Mali looked around as if looking for Bezra right this moment, but everybody knew the Apiarian commuted with his mysterious masters back in Vinione every evening.

Meanwhile Gao leaned backwards from his banter with the other Gettans to throw a comment back at the others in Broken Bridge Common. "Let it go Mad. Day or two from now we're with the others and someone else is calling the shots. If they want the Skink on the Luggers they will have him there."

The Rak'Ari only shrugged at that and cackled as if she'd just heard a hilarious joke. It was slightly disconcerning, but then again so was her reputation. She started to clean her pointy teeth with her knife as the conversation tapered out.

Elsewhere Yalar was finishing the sparring match with Raaz. The Ux had managed to only hit her with the flat of his blade, if at all, and when she started to go on the offense he whacked her Dagger away with small economical movements, taking steps to the side more often than backwards. His skin was always glistening slightly, so it was hard to tell whether he was breaking a sweat, but he was not breathing particularly heavily by the time they were done.

"Well done." After wiping his blade down with an oily rag Yalar put his shotel away, nodding thoughtfully. "You should not exert yourself this much though. Move less when you can, and only at all when you really must. This is my advice for you now. Sometimes it is different. The Blade-Dancers of Waya the fierce - when they start spinning it is easier for them to keep going than to stop. Such energy must be applied correctly. One must already be a master."

With another curt bow the Ux finished off their training. "We can pick this up another time. I will pray now and then rest."


The Next MorningThe next morning was a cold one for the island, but this also meant good news soon followed. Somebody relayed to Voitleja that the sky was nearly cloudless - this information still not meaning much to him beyond that they could cross the bay quickly without danger. Nobody was eager to make an argument against a shorter journey, and the two galleys set out after everything belonging to the camp had been packed up and stored.

An hour off the cost a brisk wind started blowing, meaning the sails could be lowered for a while, saving the crew a few hours of rowing. Much as Voitleja was assured that for a good four hours after they had set out a lookout up on the mast could still see the coast he was not able to see anything around them. At the tenth hour of their journey the lookout spotted a lighthouse on the other side, not too far off from where they had expected it.

There was a hovel attached to the tower there, and the ships could dock to gather freshwater and exchange information. The fishermen had heard stories that Bura continued to be under siege, but knew not much further than that. Many mercenary companies had come through here, yet they knew not about the Zaqrah Irregulars in particular. Supposedly there was another Lighthouse to come after this bay, and then yet another before Dimi. The latter would probably know most, at least that is where the fisherman Voitleja talked to would deposit the information about the companies whereabouts to make sure a straggler was able to pick it up.

Four hours of rowing was all that was left of the day, so the two ships had to set up camp once again before they could find out whether they could try to find their Company. The spend the night closely to the next Lighthouse, which had not been able to tell them anything more, with a keeper that was clearly annoyed with people that kept asking.

The following day they could see that the area was bustling with activity. They passed many boats coming their way, looking mostly civilian. Probably traders or refugees trying to move out of the firing line while they still could. A lot of ships were also moving towards Dimi, mostly Uxian Galleys much like their own, maybe send by free cities or also working independently looking for fame and glory.

The last lighthouse before Dimi had clearly accepted its fate as guide to lost soldiers, but essentially the keeper waved them on. Mercenary troops were supposedly all lined up on the beach this side on the approach to Dimi.

A few hours later they could see them, all in all four or five dozen missmatched ships lined up in clumps of various sized all along the last fifteen miles to Dimi. Before they could even see the city they found the rest of the Zaqrahs Irregulars. It was not as hard as it could have been, not only because as a group they had the most ships, but only because it was the only company that had six Mammoths of various sizes grazing on a field near the beach, watched over by a troop of handlers.

The camp errected there by the Irregulars had a more solid look, looking like they had been there for more than a single day at least. It was build around a central round and colourful tent, looking in fact much like a Tsing Goun yurt. Inside Voitleja and his immediate subordinates found Zaqrah sitting on a heavy wooden chair, dressed in a lavish purple garb of silk more suited to statesmanship than war. Had his various burn scars and the steely resolve in his eyes not given him the air of a veteran somebody might have joked that the old Ux looked much like a fat plum.

Besides him were various officers, out of which only Nergui, Rautgha and Pali were known to Voitleja and the others. They were engaged in conversation until the eyes of Zaqrah fell upon the arriving Voitleja and his Soldiers.

"Ah, our special envoys," said Zaqrah softly, silencing the room. He spoke quietly but with such authority in his voice that everybody had to take a step closer. "It appears that Afreh is pleased with what you have done. Yet I would hear your report on this. Speak."


OOCLooong post again. I thought I may as well skip forward to something different. More than one night at the camp in a row seems a bit wasteful.

Every player character has followed Voitleja into the Tent. Feel free to chime in or insert some things that happened before, whatever you prefer.
  #115  
Old Nov 27th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Ericg1s's Avatar
Ericg1s Ericg1s is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Posts: 8,056
Jo'Seph heads into the tent and listens to the report.
He wonders what exactly is going on here, and why they need soldiers.
Is the city going to be attacked by raiders?
  #116  
Old Nov 29th, 2018, 01:55 PM
Gaekub Gaekub is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2019
RPXP: 457
Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub Gaekub
Posts: 322
VoitlejaThe Seene bowed his half head, partially as a show of respect and partially so he would not scrape the door as he stepped through. "Hello, Zaqrah, sir," he said, gesturing with his top left hand in a wave before placing all four arms behind his back. "Hello Nergui, Rautgha, Pali. Our mission was successful." He paused, adjusting his posture and ordering his words. A wave of nerves flitted across his chest, but he quashed the anxiety quickly. "We met the troupe of humans at the road, and warned them they would not be able to pass by the authority we had been granted. When they refused to accept that authority, we sprung an ambush we had set." He paused again, this time for any questions or responses.

"They outnumbered us, but we had much better equipment. Many of their troops were killed and injured, while we only have a few injured troops. I also wounded their leader very badly, and I am unsure whether he survived. The majority scattered into the jungle, and we took the weapons of those who remained." The anxiety returned, and for a moment Voitleja almost stopped there, but he knew that hiding information would only cause problems. "We left them with what they would use to hunt, however. After that, we packed up and returned." Voitleja ran through the last few days in his mind, trying to remember anything he had missed. Satisfied, he continued to the last detail he wanted to bring up to Zaqrah.

"We have one of the humans with us. She says she did not attack us, and holds no ill-will towards us. As far as I can tell, she did not. She has offered to help us as a translator. I am happy to bring her here if you would like to speak with her."
  #117  
Old Dec 2nd, 2018, 02:56 PM
TheDragonQueen's Avatar
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen is offline
The Hoarder of Stories
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2020
RPXP: 2614
TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen TheDragonQueen
Posts: 2,939
RaazWhile the rest of the party went into the tent, Raaz stood outside with Modwenn, listening in on the conversation, but not going in just yet until Zaqrah stated they wanted to meet the human. Raaz didn't think Modwenn would run, but she didn't want to leave her alone at risk of someone hurting her, or thinking she was a threat.

Additionally, Raaz had a slight distrust for the human still, even if she hadn't done anything to cause it. Perhaps it was internal hatred of what many humans have done to her kind in the past, and Raaz didn't let that show on her face as she stood tall with her arms crossed over her chest, "We may be going in soon. I trust ya can be respectful." she muttered to Modwenn as she heard Voitleja mention bringing her in to speak.
  #118  
Old Dec 3rd, 2018, 01:31 PM
Vulco1's Avatar
Vulco1 Vulco1 is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 4th, 2019
RPXP: 613
Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1
Posts: 421
AseAse simply stood in the back taking in any information he could glean inside the tent. He trusted Viotleja to lead in here as well as on the battlefield.
  #119  
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
Zaqrah Irregulars Camp, day 7 of the Campaign, Month of PeaceAs Voitleja gave his report the good one eye of Zaqrah did not leave the Seene for a second. The Ux kept his head lightly turned away, the burned side of his face pointed towards Nergui at his side. The Tsing Goun Soldier in turn was also studying Voitleja with a carefully composed expression.

As the Seene got to the part about an ambush and paused Zaqrah waved a hand, indicating that he wanted to get to the conclusion. At the mention of the damages he nodded slowly, his eye turning upwards for the first time. At the mention of the human it bounced right back to focus again on Voitleja.

Zaqrah sucked on his teeth thoughtfully for a second after the report had concluded. "Bring her in then," he said at last.

As a soldier was sent to fetch Modwenn, Raaz in tow, Voitleja could see that Rauthga was nodding his direction with a wide grin grin on his saurian face. His peculiar pet monkey-creature Lolo was sitting on the Drakkarns shoulder, wings folded over its tiny body. It ejected a happy little squiek and bared his teeth in an approximation of a grin as well, imitating its owner.

The human was brought in, and Zaqrah questioned her about the languages she spoke. Modwenn answered curtly, her head lowered and her blonde tuft of hair hanging over her face.

"The invaders are humans from human lands," answered Zaqrah, to the benefit of Modwenn as much as Voitleja and his Squad. "That much we know for certain now. They have not had the courtesy to announce where they are from exactly, or why they haunt these lands. Bad manners, no offense."

Briefly Zaqrah smiled a reconciliatory smile before continuing: "People that study these things have informed me that the way these humans are dressed and what the colour of their hair and skin is they are most likely from one of the countries on located on the north of this damned continent the humans call their own. Places on windy shores, snowy mountains or on floating ice out on open water. You have named two of these countries, so I am content you could be of service."

With that he dismissed the woman, who was escorted out by a soldier, leaving Raaz behind inside the tent for the time being. As soon as the human had left Zaqrah leaned forward and looked around the room in a circle before continuing with more details.

"As I was saying before, I have met with the officials of Dimi. They don't know yet exactly which of these kingdoms it is that is attacking them, but I am not sure it really matters. There were skirmishes and battles already, but no Prisoners. I am also told that between us and and those aforementioned petty kingdoms there is a mighty empire that is perpetually at war with them, spanning a thousand miles. It is that or sailing around a whole continent, avoiding detection for thrice that distance. How these people got here is a mystery."

The Ux smiled conspiratorially. "People whisper about magic, and I am inclined to agree with them. Some of their ships spout fire almost at will, though it has been ascertained that even their power is limited. It can run out."

After leaning backwards again Zaqrah sighed, seemingly weary of this next part. He flicked a hand towards Voitleja to indicate him. "As you are not yet aware, Bura, a little backwards trading port north of here, is under siege. The humans pulled much of their fleet south to blockade the port, over fifty ships all in all. Over a thousand men are camped to the north of it. Peculiarly it has held for a week. There are creatures that they have brought with them. Wolves... and a sort of giant worm. Supposedly they wanted to burrow beneath the town, which is what happened at Meshkou. Yet Bura is built on massive rock."

"Dimi has hit the humans with their amassed fleet before we got here. There were heavy casualties on their side - over fifteen ships is what I have heard. Since then they are careful, defensive. I will go to petition them to act again today."

With that Zaqrah rose out of his chair, his silken clothes flowing about him. "I am pleased with what you have done for Afreh. It will make them likely to be on my side. I would have you as part of my escort. Bring those men you deem presentable. Not too presentable though. With your skirmish we are the first company that has tasted blood in this war."


OOC
♪Exposition Exposition♪

I tried to cut this one down, but there is just so much information to get across.

Bottomline is, it's off to discuss the war some more, and then action.
  #120  
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Ericg1s's Avatar
Ericg1s Ericg1s is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 2525
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Posts: 8,056
"That gives us a little more information on the enemy, but I still am somewhat confused about why they are attacking and what their goal is. Their ships shoot fire, until it runs out....is it magic, or possibly some new alchemy? They take no prisoners and show no mercy-are they on some sort of crusade to cleanse the world? Humans might be vulnerable to thinking themselves better than others, but that would require a VERY extreme religion!"
Jo'seph cleans his blade and worries about what will happen next. Humans are rather versatile-who knows what they might come up with.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB