Game Thread Chapter 2: Peril at Managh Island - Page 13 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > GURPS > At the Edge of Chaos > Archive #2 - Book One: Ships from the North
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
FreeWhile Pataya was preparing to heat up his shackled Atale was attempting her climb. As she smacked down back on the floor she did not hurt her body, but all the iron on her hands and feet made a loud noise coming down, prompting a grunt from the human outside as the man woke up from an involuntary nap he had fallen into. His scabbard audibly slapped against his thigh and with a heavy step he shambled over to Atales makeshift cell, moving the blanket aside with a wide but short sword. He lowered the crude blade as he stepped inside and grunted a few angry words at Atale in his own language. Finally he smacked the side his curved sword against the metal fastening of a nearby barrel as he angrily shouted some more, trying to make Atale get up from the floor.

Pataya had turned away meanwhile, and directed the magical flame towards the chains between his hands. Even though the blanket behind him still became bright and translucent to his sillhouette, he also heard that the human was moving over to another cell that he knew contained Atale from earlier experiments at communication.

Within a few seconds the iron of the chain had turned a bright orange, with the welding spots of the chains lighter even than that. At a hard pull the seams tore apart and his hands were free again, with the chain that had run downwards to connect his arms and feet falling down to the floor. All four of his legs were still connected, but with the shouting the whole act seemed to have gone unnoticed for the time being.
  #182  
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale

Atale acts contrite toward the guard at having woken him from his slumber and gets back to her feet, slowly and carefully.

  #183  
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Fwalin McFundin's Avatar
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 28th, 2019
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Posts: 2,681
Pataya considers escape Pataya is glad to have his hands free bt needs to get his feet free. He looks at where the chain is attached to the ship and sets his legs then pulls with all his strength. He wants to free the chain then his feet as quietly as possible while the guard is distracted so still moves slowly and carefully. He keeps breaking chains until he is free.

 



Health: 16/19
Fatigue: 12/16 (4 sec of 1 Mana Flame Jet)
__________________
Due to some major issues in RL, I am taking a break from RPGX until December.
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; Apr 13th, 2019 at 05:00 AM.
  #184  
Old Apr 12th, 2019, 05:24 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale
Atale clumsily tries to get to her feet and keeps flopping back to the ground, making as much noise as inhumanly possible. "So sorry!"
  #185  
Old Apr 13th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
-The human looked down digustedly at the clumsy Golem for a few seconds, maybe or maybe not buying it. A yard away Pataya was bending down and picked up the fifteen inch long chain, his thick hand barely being able to fit on it all and tugged on the same iron that he could not break as it was conveniently between both his wrists. He tugged as hard as he could, but the metal did not give. It prompted him to pull harder, his efforts not remaining entirely quiet this time. There was maybe a little deformation in one of the links, with some fantasy, but that was about it.

Though the shuffling and scraping about had not escaped their warden. The man lifted his head very briefly, listening, before suddenly deciding that he had no more time for Atale and kicking her straight in the face and against the casks behind her. Before she could come to her feet, in earnest this time, he had already stepped over and whacked the blanked covering the entrance to Patayas hole away.

Seeing his hands clearly unbound he hollered a long scream in his language that reverberated through the insides of the ship.


OOC2 crushing damage right to HP for Atale.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 13th, 2019 at 04:31 PM.
  #186  
Old Apr 18th, 2019, 09:14 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale
She yelps in what she believes sounds like pain, hoping Pataya will do something quickly.


Stats
HP: 15/22
  #187  
Old Apr 19th, 2019, 05:34 PM
Fwalin McFundin's Avatar
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 28th, 2019
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Posts: 2,681
Pataya attacks Pataya sees that he is discovered so he steps forward and slams his antlers into the chest of the human without making any attempt to defend himself. If he hits, he tries to knock the human over so that he can run over him and trample him

 



Health: 16/19
Fatigue: 12/16
__________________
Due to some major issues in RL, I am taking a break from RPGX until December.
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; Apr 19th, 2019 at 05:34 PM.
  #188  
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 08:46 AM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
Under DeckThe Antler stabbed into the humans naked chest, lifting him off the ground and pushing into the flesh as the man was smashed against the stored goods behind him. When the horn was retrieved the man fell to the ground, losing consciousness as blood was pooling rapidly around him. A trampling was not necessary to make sure he stayed down.

Outside of the makeshift cell there was a corridor running along whose walls were equally made of barrels and chests, just about wide enough for Pataya. It was shorter to the left, about twice as long to the right. From it multiple alleys seemed to be forking off to either side in both directions, until the corridor opened up to a larger space around four yards to the right before it continued onwards.

From the kerfuffle that Atale had staged Pataya had an idea that the Golem was just on his left. On the other side there were two rags that indicated the presence of more makeshift cells. Out of one of them Nkasa poked her large hair and ebony head glistening with sweat and crusted blood, throwing a wild eyed glance at Pataya. Without saying a word she had assimilated the situation and moved out of her cell and into the next one on all fours, so the shortness of her chains would be less of a hindrance. One could hear the noise of the chains as she started to help Tsehin up on his feet.

The crew was starting to move now. Not only was there a shout audible from the direction of the open space, seemingly unrelated to what was happening below, but there were heads being poked out into the corridor from bunks in the wall. Human heads staring right at Pataya and the dying guard at his feet. A few seconds and many shouts between humans later sailors were slipping out of their nooks and onto the planks beneath at either end of the corridor, grabbing at armour pieces and weapons.


OOCJust for the simplicities sake the humans are on either end of the corridor, but likely to get a move on soon. It's somewhat evident that there is an exit out onto the deck in the direction of the open space, because fresh air is flowing into the underdeck from that direction.

You are slower than usual with your legs shackled. With the alarm having been sounded there's no time to go looking for your own equipment (yet). The human dropped his falchion analogue though (Shortsword skill, or defaults to various other skills), which Nkasa will pick up if nobody else seems interested in it.

A little map for your convenience (not complete, just what you can see and guess):
 
  #189  
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 08:57 AM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale

Atale crawls to the entrance of her nook and stares down the corridor at impossible odds.
"Maybe if you start a blaze, we can escape in a lifeboat in the confusion.". She sounds skeptical.

  #190  
Old Apr 21st, 2019, 03:57 PM
Fwalin McFundin's Avatar
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 28th, 2019
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Posts: 2,681
Pataya attacks "Follow me all of you" shouts Pataya as he moves forward towards the open area to his right. He raises himself up as high as he can in an attempt to intimidate the human and moves as quickly as he can towards the open space, When a human hets in his way, he launches another all out antler attack with the aim of making the humans get out of his way and let him reach the open air. "Run, comrades"

 



Health: 16/19
Fatigue: 12/16
__________________
Due to some major issues in RL, I am taking a break from RPGX until December.
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; Apr 21st, 2019 at 04:01 PM.
  #191  
Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 02:06 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale

Atale tries to shuffle-run as best she can behind the great bear.

  #192  
Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 03:38 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
On the runNkasa stumbled out of the cell on all fours, one arm hooked carefully under the armpit of the equally beaten up Tsehin. The human woman grabbed for the broad sword the guard had dropped, as nobody else seemed very eager to get a hold of the weapon.

And then they were off to the right. Even shackled like she was Atale was by far the quickest, making her way around the others and down the narrow corridor. Pataya and the others were not very fast, but about as slow as each other, so the broad Yatak was not so much of a barricade for the human and getta.

The crew was reacting to the escape, but they could hardly get completely ready in the four, five seconds it took the prisoners to shuffle towards the open space. When they reached said room in the hull the first of the humans started to run after them, close to ten on each side - though they were hard to count exactly in the small walkway through the cargo holds.

The open space had two stairs leading upwards into the fresh nights air, but held nothing else of interest but more unmarked cargo. The opening closer to the escapees was illuminated by an open fire up above deck, and in fact a few drops of burning liquid had dripped down onto the stairs. The other hole was a few yards further away, but did not seem to lead into an open flame.


OOCAtale could easily get out of the hold before any humans reach you fully, though the others are slightly slower than that. I won't exactly use combat rules, so assume multiple seconds passing next post, but dodge rolls are still in order. This will be the last round of post in this thread, unless you decide to stand and fight below deck I guess.
  #193  
Old Apr 22nd, 2019, 10:06 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 3756
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 2,853
Atale
The shackled golem stumbles her way up the stairs, trying to scout out anything that could help her companions. She is alert for attackers, fired missiles, and falling bits of burning timber, ready to do her best to tumble out of the way as her chains allow.


 


Stats
Hp = 15/22
  #194  
Old Apr 24th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Fwalin McFundin's Avatar
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 28th, 2019
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Posts: 2,681
Pataya runs Pataya knows that he will be better fighting near a fire as that will give him somethign to shape and work with so he runs as hard as he can up the stairs and into the open. He moves as quickly as he can towards the open space, dodging any thrown weapons but if a human gets in his way, he launches another all out antler attack with the aim of making the humans get out of his way and let him reach the open air.
 



Health: 16/19
Fatigue: 12/16
__________________
Due to some major issues in RL, I am taking a break from RPGX until December.
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; Apr 24th, 2019 at 05:16 PM.
  #195  
Old Apr 25th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2021
RPXP: 18295
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 9,423
EscapedAtale was up the stairs first, remaining extraordinarily agile even while shackled. Pataya reached the foot of the stairs next, trying to intimidate the humans that were rushing into the open space from either side by his sheer size and another swing of his antlers. It sent one of the humans scrambling backwards with a deep cut across the chest and had a few others retreat from the Yatak. Though the sheer numbers emboldened two of them to slash at him with their crudely forged weapons still, steel biting into his leg and side.

It had gained Tsehin and Nkasa a few short but valuable seconds, and they climbed up and out the opening where Nkasa immediately shouted back down into the hull: "Leg it tall one - we'll slam this hatch shut!"

And indeed when Pataya stepped out the two had grabbed on to the door of the opening of the hull on either side, starting to lift as soon as the Yatak was clear of it. They were somewhat impaired by the binding that ran from hands to feet though, and even if they closed the door it would need to be weighed down, having no padlock ready. Then there was another door to the north, which would need the same treatment.


OOCAlright, we are moving towards the main thread here. Might be good to have a look at one or two post cycles before that so you know what's going on.

You two can narrate your own entrance in your next post and I'll fit Nkasa and Tsehin into the picture in my next update. I'd say make it count, the other characters have not seen yours ever before, and unless their players have been reading up on this thread (remember it had been private for a while) they might not have either. Might be good to go back to basics and give some physical description of your characters in action as well.

On a more sombre note Pataya receives 5 Hp damage.

Also just to point this out one more time in case it was forgotten: Atale can forcibly remove the cuffs around her arms, legs or both of them - while this option is not available for a flesh and bone character (that feels pain to boot). For each set of limbs she'd receive a maximum of HP/3 damage for doing it, though maybe less, like with a major wound for extremities (though it would not count as one). I'd say how much it damages her is also dependent on how quickly she does it, but technically she could do it in a mere few seconds.

Also I'll be closing this thread tomorrow.

Last edited by Phettberg; Apr 25th, 2019 at 04:19 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2021, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB