Information Goals, Rules, and other eratta - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Path of A Padawan: A Clone Wars Tale
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:12 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
Shuji Shuji Shuji Shuji
Goals, Rules, and other eratta

I appreciate that this is a bit of a long post, but you only need to read it once

Now, this is going to be a pretty sandbox game. There are a few major events, but you can ignore them, bypass them entirely, whatever you like.

I'd like anyone who wishes to post here regarding the goals of their character.

Now then, a few rules. I'm not going to be a jerk about following these, but doing so makes it easier in general for everyone.

Please make the title of your post(especially during combat rounds) to include your AC, VP, and WP. Example: AC:16,VP:13,WP:10.

I don't particularly mind how rolls are done, though I do prefer
Dice example:
1d20 12
The TT tag method

I'm not going to say that you aren't allowed to kill each other, but it is...frowned upon, particularly in the early stages.

Combat will be handled using a more or less standard PbP system. I'll post the situation for the first round of combat(Ie, the droids appeared around the corner, saw the heroes, and ready their weapons) then you post with an initiative roll and first round actions, and once you've all posted then they'll play out in my next GM post based on initiative. Then it starts again.

Speaking of rolls, it's much easier for everyone(and quicker) if you err on the side of "More is best". Examples might be that if you were talking to a friendly NPC, you might put up a bluff check. You don't need to wait for the GM to tell you"Roll a bluff check", you'll know when one is needed based on the actions that you as the player undertake.

I am also going to operate on an honor system regarding edits. Please don't ever, ever edit posts that have die rolls in them. If you do however, i'm going to accept the roll of the edited post, regardless of whether it's higher or lower. If you need to edit a post with die rolls, simply post another message underneath it.

Above all else, Roleplay! Make posts interesting, make me sympathise with your character, make me feel like i'm watching a movie! As an example, this:

"Anakin ran forward and slashed at the battle droid with his lightsaber"

Is rather short and dull. However, it can be made into this:

"Anakin leapt forward, charging to the nearest battle droid and calling on the force, slashing at the droid's chest with the glowing blue blade of energy."

Sounds much better dosen't it?

As a final note, I'm a very...cinematic person. So you can expect maps for most if not all combat encounters, that i'll update every round so that you can see at a glance what's going on. There will also be music, videos, and so on, not too much, but on occasion.

Main Rule: Have fun!