Game Thread Path of A Padawan, Act 1 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Star Wars RPG > Path of A Padawan: A Clone Wars Tale
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
Shuji Shuji Shuji Shuji
Path of A Padawan, Act 1

STAR WARS,PATH OF A PADAWAN

You awake to find yourself strapped into the chair you were in when you crashed, in the back of the Nu-Class shuttle that you were using. Slowly coming around, you see four other fellow young jedi of varying ranks, all in a similar situation to your own.

You can't tell what brought you down, but what you can tell is that there is a fuel leak, no doubt as a result of the crash. And if interstellar travel has taught you anything, it's that a ship with a fuel leak is a bad place to be.

Out of the viewports, if you pay any attention, you can see that you appear to be on a hill, covered in green grass. It reminds you of holos of the planet of Naboo.

OOCPost actions. Any questions can go to my PM's or the OOC thread. Have fun!
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:10 AM
Sneaky silent H

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
Jhaded Jhaded Jhaded
Becca shakes herself awake, her red hair bouncing back and forth as it brushes her shoulders, she unbuckles her safety harness and stands, stumbling a bit before gaining full balance. After a moment or so she looks around and begins checking on the other students, slapping awake anyone who isn't yet, checking for wounds and other trama, then going to the front of the shuttle to see about the pilots. Finding them dead she hurries back to the passenger compartment and begins speaking to the others, "We need to get away from this shuttle, I can smell a fuel leak somewhere and I don't want to be here when it decides to spark and explode on us. Take a minute to grab your belongings and search the shuttle for anything we can use, first aid, communication devices, anything of that nature, and then lets get out of here." She begins following her own advice and
Dice Roll:
d20+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
searches for items, weapons, first aid supplies, and food, before pushing the others out of the shuttle and onto the fresh grass outside.

After getting to what she judges is a safe distance from the shuttle she looks at the others, "Well this is a right mess, but we're trained for this kind of thing, lets see what we found, try to get some kind of communications going other than our short ranged comlinks so we can let the Order know where we are."
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 02:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1072
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Darrek rolled his head, opening his eyes slowly. There was a pounding in his head that clouded his vision momentarily, but before long his mind was cleared. He saw Becca waking the others and undid his chair straps. He checked for his lightsaber at his side before standing. He too could smell gas. Taking a minute to
Dice search:
1d20 3
look around before making sure everyone got out of the carrier.

He grabbed his ba from the floor and joined the others. We need to gather our heads. He said to Becca, sitting down. You are nobody's master. He said, giving her an unusually disdainful glare. But hopefully you are a gifted mechanic? I won't be of any help. He peered out over the hillside, looking for anything in the distance. We shouldn't stay here long. If this planet is hostile, they will know we crashed and they will come looking. I say we get out of here as soon as possible.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11461
copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt copatt
In her dream, Frija was dashing down a darkened tunnel. Separatist droids arrayed themselves before her. Without stopping, she stretched a hand out toward them, let the Force flow through her. The front rank of droids flew through the air, shattered against a distant wall, so much junk. Frija crashed into the second rank, her green lightsaber flashing, rendering those droids, too, obsolete. In the distance, Frija could see a light, her goal, and she ran toward it.

Frija awoke to Becca, one of the Padawans, previously one of her fellow Younglings, slapping her about the cheeks. Huh? What the... ? Hey, what gives... ? Before Frija could even formulate an intelligible question, the smell of fuel hit her nose, and she knew what had happened. We've crashed. Watching Becca disappear toward the cockpit, Frija hastily unfastened herself from her safety harness. Standing, the floor of the shuttle was hot beneath her bare feet. There must already be fires burining.

Before Frija could even gather her wits, Becca was back in the passenger compartment, barking orders. Normally, Frija hated being told what to do by a Padawan, but today, Becca sounded reasonable. Frija checked her utility belt. Everything seemed in place. There was no lightsaber, of course. Frija had no master to gift her with one, and she had not touched one of the training sabers since the Council of Reassignment had sent her to work in the temple's gardens, raising food for the Jedi there. Frija stumbled toward an overhead compartment and retrieved her sporting blaster rifle. Far from a traditional Jedi weapon, the blaster had been issued to Frija as the most practical means of dealing with the womprats that threatened the small Jedi farm on Tatooine to which she had just been assigned. Get her away from the temple here on Coruscant, the Council had said, help her focus on her present circumstances.

Sporting blaster rifle in hand, Frija took a quick
Dice Search:
d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
look around and hurried out of the ship, on the heels of Becca and Darrek, yet another Padawan. The cool grass felt good beneath her bare soles, but Frija had little time to contemplate such things as she sprinted to the far side of a nearby hill, hopefully out of range of any impending explosion. When Becca and Darrek finally called for the group to halt, Frija slumped to the ground to catch her breath-- and to listen in on their discussion. Darrek's right, Becca is nobody's master, but in circumstances such as these, I'm outranked by everybody here. Only when Darrek mentioned something about a gifted mechanic, did Frija raise her hand and meekly offer, I've got some experience fixing farm machinery. It's not a starship, but it's something, right?

Last edited by copatt; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 05:24 PM
I Fling Poo!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
MonkeyPunk MonkeyPunk MonkeyPunk
Her head pounded, like the time back on the farm when the moisture condensers sensor array arm swung around suddenly and caught he square in the forehead, the small faded scar still visible, to her at least. She shook her head slightly and felt the liquid move across her skin, small drops of blood dotting her Padawan uniform.

One of the other Padawans was rousing others and getting them to their feet. She strained to recall the girls name, Beacha or Bickka, she had only met them briefly before taking off, a last minute trip her Master Destani thought would be good practical experience her her, get her out of the library she suspected. She unbuckled the harness and stood, wobbled, then grabbed the seat for support before she found her legs and
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
grabbed what bags and equipment were in immediate reach, not even sure of their contents.

She took a moment to glance out of the view port, attempting to get her bearings before exiting the craft, following the others up a small grassy hillside over looking the wreckage. This was indeed an unfortunate happenstance, but they were all alive, except for the pilots. Thinking of the latter, a moment of grief for the loss of life washed over her. They were gallant in their keeping the craft stable enough to at least get it down to the surface. It could have just as easily broken up during entry into the planets atmosphere. That's when another thought struck her, they could breath in this atmosphere, which was most fortuitous considering the circumstances.

She sighed and finally looked at the others, all Padawans except one, whom she understood to be a Scout of sorts, though in her opinion the girl looked a bit young to have any real experience. Still, this was merely a logical observation, and she would reserve any further judgment on future observation of the girl. The others, she knew little about, such was the drawback of spending most of her free time in the library.

Sorry, that was search check BTW.OOC

Last edited by MonkeyPunk; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Shuji Shuji Shuji Shuji
Day 1, hour 11, unidentified planet, crash site

The four padawan learners make it to the hillside without any major trouble.

The packs that each of you found contain nothing within them. Torn open, it would seem that most of the supplies within were knocked out in the crash, rolling under seats and other small, unreachable places.

From the hillside, you get a good view of the surrounding area. The hill that you are on is the only hill for several miles, and most of the terrain as far as you can see consists of grassy plains. Several kilometres to the east, you can see a large building, standing alone in the plains, though from this range you can't tell what it is exactly. To the North, you see nothing but rolling hills and plains. To the immediate south is what remains of your ship, with a smoke plume curling lazily off into the sky above, tall enough to no doubt be visible for many miles. The ship obscures your view of anything farther south than that. To the west, perhaps most alarming, is a dust cloud, the kind kicked up by rapid movement. From this distance, you can't tell much about it, but you can see that it is moving towards your general area at some speed, though it is many kilometres away currently.
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3 Apocalyps3
Is everybody alright? Darrek asked, looking at the others. It is my duty to protect these girls. He thought, standing abruptly. Like I said, we should not wait here. That storm to the west could be trouble. I say we head for that building.

He rummaged through the bags again, making sure he didn't miss anything. Empty, what a waste. Other than shelter, my biggest concern is food. I have none. If that building is friendly, they might. He took another look at the ominous dust storm. And communications. We could try and contact the Order from there. I say it's worth a shot. He reached a hand down to help the others up. We should get going soon. Unless someone has a better idea?

OOCJust realized I was the only male character!
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Frija had hesitated, knowing that it was not her place to try to tell the Padawans what to do, but when Darrek gave words to her exact thoughts, she nodded approvingly, even added a quiet I agree. As Darrek went on to address issues like food and shelter, Frija could feel her own confidence building. I have rations, condensing canteens too, enough to last me a week, but shared between us, they should at least get us to the building, whatever it is. As for shelter, I've got an all-temperature cloak and sunshield roll. As Frija talked, she slipped a power pack from her utility belt and plugged it into her sporting blaster rifle. Looks like I could be shooting at something bigger than womprats after all. Despite the dire circumstances, Frija smiled. She was off on an adventure.

Last edited by copatt; Jul 2nd, 2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:15 AM
I Fling Poo!

Tools
User Statistics
Akara nodded, the male Padawans assessment of the situation was accurate in her opinion, though she suspected he carried the same standard male mentality to assume a protective role over the mostly female group. It was normal, and expected, yet the males tend to think more with their gender than their minds. Still, she saw no flaw in his reasoning and nodded to them, "A reasonable assessment. Though we should keep in mind we are at war. And taking into account we know not what planet we've landed on, we should exercise due caution." she remarked.

She glanced at the girl who she understood to be a scout, "You're a scout are you not? Perhaps you should take point?" she suggested.

Last edited by MonkeyPunk; Jul 3rd, 2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 03:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Frija hesitated, prodded the ground with a bare toe, tried to think through the situation. She has no idea? She's had her head buried in holocrons so long she doesn't even know that I'm a washout. A failure. That I couldn't even get chosen as a Padawan. That I'm a glorified farmer. She really doesn't know. A slow smile spread across Frija's face. This was just the opportunity she had been waiting for. She nodded. On it, master Jedi, she said, pivoting on a bare heel and taking off at a jog toward the east.

Frija trusted her feet not to fall in the random hole or to trip over the odd root. Her head turned from side to side with every stride, eyes
Dice Spot:
d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22
scanning the horizon in all directions for any sign of trouble, any development with the approaching dust cloud

Last edited by copatt; Jul 3rd, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Sneaky silent H

Tools
User Statistics
Jhaded Jhaded Jhaded
Becca takes a few moments to secure her gear, her lip curling in a grimace at the fact that none of them had managed to get anything extra from the shuttle. She shrugs her pack onto her back and pats her lightsaber and the hand held pistol in the holster on her right side then stands. "Well I know I'm no one's master, none of us are, that is why we were on this mission, to learn more about ourselves and the force, things that even our Masters can't teach us, or are too busy to, with the war going on. Despite that I agree with you Darrek, though I believe we should stay close to the shuttle, that building a bit away may have some communications devices, or something we can use to boost the signal on our comlinks, and no I'm no Mech Head, but I do know a good bit about computers, so I might be able to cobble together 'something'."

She finishes speaking as the others gather their things and get prepared to move, listening to the chatter as she stares at the approaching dust cloud, "They want Friya to take point? How odd, do they not remember she's Agricorp now, she can't control her emotions, I can even feel them bouncing around now, well either way she does at least have survival training so it shouldn't hurt."

"I'll take rear guard I don't like the look of that dust cloud, it's most likely some kind of large vehicle headed this way, and I can't sense anything from it." So saying Becca slows her steps to fall into the rear position her hands hovering near the blaster and lightsaber. Her feet trodding surely along the path set by Frija while her mind expands to attempt to
Dice Roll:
d20 13
search for disturbances in the force near the area around them.

OOCI forgot to add the +2 int to a search check, though not sure if it applies since i'm attempt to use the force to search instead of just looking.

Last edited by Jhaded; Jul 3rd, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:47 PM
I Fling Poo!

Tools
User Statistics
Akara frowned, she was no Master, "I'm not a Master..." she called out after the Scout as the girl took off at a trot. She checked her gear, everything was there, lightsaber, utility belt, clothes on her back, that was about it. Then took off at a steady pace, following the Scout. Her head still pounded, and each step made her head throb with pain. Still she was not unaccustomed to strenuous activity, growing up on a farm had it's share, and easily kept up with the Scout.

Her breathing set to a steady cadence, in time with her jogging, and soon the pain in her head subsided as they jogged along, the building in the distance never seeming to get closer. Or maybe it was just her, a 'boiling pot being watched' sort of thing, or whatever the saying was.
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Shuji Shuji Shuji Shuji
Day 1, hour 12, unidentified planet, 1.5km west of crash site

You continue without any delay towards the building. As you get closer, more detail becomes visible. It looks to be some sort of warehouse, made of durasteel.

You are still almost a kilometer away from the building when Becca notices something. The dust cloud is much closer now, in fact, it seems to have stopped at the crash site. Her search reveals a trio of STAPs, The notorious fast scouting craft of the seperatist armies. Even as she watches, the battle droids faintly visible riding the vehicles steer their craft in your general direction and start towards you.

It is obvious that the craft will be upon you long before you can reach the building. They are still slightly over a kilometre away from you however, so you estimate that you have one minute until they are in range.

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
Sneaky silent H

Tools
User Statistics
Jhaded Jhaded Jhaded
AC: 16 Vit: 12 WP: 14

"Woah.. Hey guys, Guys! We have incoming, three droids headed our way on speeders, they'll be here in about a minute, and I don't think they'll be friendly." Even as she speaks she pulls the light saber out of its holster and
Dice initiative:
d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
readies it both hands curling around the hilt, the hiss of energy and snap crackle filling the air as she braces herself and gets ready to
Dice Attack Roll:
d20+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
2d6+3 (1, 4)+3 Total = 8
attack the lead droid as soon as it comes in range. "And damn all the luck, crash landing in an area controlled by Seperatists."

I'm using Deflect Defense in the first round, adding +1 to dodge, already reflected in the title, as soon as a droid is in range Becca attacks it once.OOC
Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 09:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ac: 15 vp: 12 wp: 15

Great. Darrek muttered under his breath, turning around swiftly. He looked to each side, but figured it was too late to try and find cover now. Well ladies, I hope you are ready. He says, making eye contact with each one. This is what we've been training for. He draws his lightsaber from his belt, the blue blade shining radiantly.

Dice initiative:
1d20+2 (8)+2 Total = 10
Planting his feet for the ensuing attack, he let out a
Dice attack:
1d20+4 (20)+4 Total = 24
Dice damage:
2d8+5 (6, 1)+5 Total = 12
Using 1 for power atttack
powerful swing at the droid on the right of the formation.