RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Priestess > No Quarter
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-11-2019, 05:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2786
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Aknoog Stonefort
right-aligned image

Aknoog was just getting his bearings back when the gnome started rattling words. It was difficult to keep track of what exactly was going on but the dwarf had the general gist of it. As Bryllyn looked Aknoog's way.

Standing next to the gnome Aknoog looks down and states, "I am not sure really... my parents left the mines early in my life. He may be telling the truth about it all." Turning to the new acquaintance Aknoog casually mentions "Maybe we can help each other.
We can protect you and get you out of here if you help us with what you, and your superior race, know about this place!"

Old 02-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8608
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
The Lost Kingdom of Dhargalir
right-aligned image
The gnome gave a quizzical look when Bryllyn thought to ask Aknoog to verify the veracity of his claim. "He's way too young to remember when his people lived here. Of course we lived together. Perfect harmony or so it seemed. But then they turned the mega-forge on. Some such nonsense about smelting a newly found metal. Whatever happened they fired that thing up and instead of smithing flames Immolatus burst forth and began taking over the damned place."

The gnome raised an eye at Aknoog's prospect of 'protecting' his people and seemed taken aback a bit by the notion of being a superior race. "I see you dwarves have finally learned humility living outside the mountain..."

"Anyway, what are you going to do with that?" the gnome pointed a stubby finger at the goblin who was still standing against the wall trying to look as friendly and innocent as it could which came off more as sneering.

"There's some of us who have escaped into the tunnels but there's no way they'd let that thing come too. Its got to die."
Old 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6923
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Bryllyn Sigurd, outcast hunter
left-aligned image
"What? Don't look at me!", Bryllyn says as both the dwarf and the gnome look at her like she is some kind of idiot. "A few weeks ago I was hunting moose in my village, happily unaware of all the crazy sh** going down here. Hell, I had never seen a dwarf, or a gnome in my life." The huntress mulls over the words spoken by the grey gnome. She says, "If you all lived in harmony before, maybe there is a chance to go back to that. It'll be better than this slavery, at any rate. So what do you say? Throw away the shackles? Would you like to help us kill Immolatus? Oh, I don't think we got your name."

Looking back at the goblin, the half-elf continues, "I thought the goblins were working with your masters, the flame bearded weird dwarves, taking you away with their consent. Did you escape, only to be captured by them? Who's in the tunnels? The goblin isn't going to die today, I am afraid. We can think of what to do with him, once he answers some questions, starting with", looking towards the goblin, "Hey buddy. What are you doing here? Your boss talked about weapons for some Jarl Frost... Guy. Well, start talking. You don't want to make me unhappy. I am the only one who would rather see you alive right now."

OOCThat's a lot of questions. I thought I would ask them all together. There is a lot that Bryllyn doesn't know

Old 02-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
right-aligned image
The gnome gives an exasperated sigh and mumbles a comment about elves always having their heads too far up their posteriors to notice world events and then begins a bit of a story.

"His ancestors," he said pointing at Aknoog, "and my ancestors once shared this, the Kingdom of Dhargalir. But then his ancestors," again the finger was shoved toward Aknoog, "wouldn't settle with the status quo and had to start digging deeper and mining more and then they found mithral and just had to smelt it...which opened a door or something and Immolatus came through. Some of the dwarves turned on their kin and joined the fire bastard to take over the kingdom. They were warped into the azer, or the flame bearded weird dwarves, as you call them. The goblins are working with the azer. They have a deal to exchange slaves for weapons. They've got some city up top under seige and once they've taken the city, they are going to bring a bunch of slaves down from that city. The azer are sending weapons up top for the army. The army belongs to Jarl Bjorgolf Frost-bound, a jotun, they say, frost giant. He controls Hailstone Keep which has supposedly been quiet for centuries until recently."

Uncrossing his arms, the gnome flails his arms at Bryllyn and asks, "Does that cover everything in current events for you?"

He then adds, "The name's Blukle Pebblerinser. And don't refer to the azer as my masters...it certainly isn't out of choice. I've been escaped and there's more of us escaped too. We've got tunnels dug all through this place and yes I was recaptured by these jerks but you've thankfully seen to that. There, now you know everything and don't need to keep the goblin alive."

"Do you really mean to kill Immolatus? I mean, sure you took out that bugbear and these goblins without too much trouble but, Immolatus...really? He's like big and scary and flamey and everything. How about we kill this goblin and then I'll take you to see Erwor, he's the leader of our little resistance."
Old 02-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Aknoog Stonefort
right-aligned image

As the gnome thinks for a moment Aknoog starts to regain his senses a bit. He is still a bit foggy from being knocked out just a few minutes ago but the ringing in his ears has stopped. He grabs up his warhammer and slings it across his back as he listens to Bryllyn badger the creature standing in front of them.

The snarl of it voice along with the whimper and snorts from the goblin to their side tell Aknoog everything he needs to know about these 2. They are fairly civilized but they are certainly out for their own good. The events with Sikug have shown him that. He took in everything that this Pebblerinser had to say, stroking his slightly singed beard a few times as the gnome spoke of the azers. It will take a long time to grow back... doubtless. These fire breathers!! He was snapped back to the present once again and listened further, "How about we kill this goblin and then I'll take you to see Erwor, he's the leader of our little resistance."

"Hey Bryllyn... we need to keep this little one quite... remember our other friend?! We could just tie him up or put him back in that box maybe. Then go with Blukle to arrange an agreement with Erwor? We may learn more about our common foe!" With the last sentence Aknoog pushed a slight nod of his head towards Blukle to build a bit of trust.

Old 02-14-2019, 10:36 AM
The Butcher of Blaviken

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6923
undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib undeadrajib
Bryllyn Sigurd, outcast hunter
left-aligned image
Bryllyn listens intently as the grey gnome provides a brief history lesson. It is a lot to take in. But the news that there is apparently a rebellion fomenting in this place pricks her pointy ears up. They could do with some allies. She has not thought about the enormity of their task so far. Forced herself not to. She had promised Vulkanse that they will free his children or die trying. So far, she has been operating under the assumption that it is going to be the latter. The dark gnome speaks true, after all. Who are they to take on a volcano god? On the other hand, the realization that they are pretty much on a suicide mission has been liberating for her. Hence her recent (relatively) cheery attitude. Her work is done. Her village is safe. Her father... is safe. What more is there to do? Except fulfill her end of the bargain. And die trying.

The ranger turns to Blukle and says, "We would very much like to meet this Erwor. The goblin lives, however. I have kind of given my word. Let's do what Aknoog says. The goblin goes in the box. That should make you happy. Someone will come along. Eventually." She looks for the goblin in the corner. Once more, she draws her bow. "Alright, get in the box. You don't have an option."

Old 02-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Aknoog Stonefort
right-aligned image

Aknoog takes the initiative to sooth the goblin's fears about the intent of the group. "You'll be fine but we cannot afford to watch both of you... help will be along soon. Don't even think of sending them after us as Erwor would like nothing more than to find the scoundrel who sent the enemy to him and roast the said scoundrel." The cleric gave the small filthy creature a look that meant he was serious. He then went about tying the goblin up and placing him back in the box.

Turning to Bryllyn and to Blukle he then adds, "Let's go meet your king... we have some unfinished business to get to and these tunnels are infested with the likes of his kind."

Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
The goblin meekly climbed into the box and did not resist as Aknoog sealed it within. Blukle gave an exasperated sigh before leading the pair out of the chambers back to the ledge over looking the city below. "Most of these up here are empty...most of them."

Following the gnome along the rim of Dhargalir, you cannot help your eyes but be diverted to the bustle below in the gigantic city carved out of the heart of the mountain. Soon, Blukle lead you into another doorway and a similar hollowed out living space. In the back room, he crawled into the hearth and moved a stone block to the side where a notch had been carved to allow for the back of the hearth to serve as a door. The passage beyond was tight for Aknoog and short for Bryllyn but both managed to squeeze in, following behind the slight glow of Blukle given off through darkvision.

After several minutes and many twists and turns, you come to what appears to be a dead end. Banging on the stone in a set pattern, it is then pulled back away to reveal two armed gnomes who greeet Blukle with warmth and the elf and dwarf with suspicious glares. "Don't worry, they saved me and certainly aren't flaming dwarves or bugbears, so..."

Before you stretched a large cavern that appeared to be more natural than carved. "Funny how the dwarves made so many places in the mountain they seemed to forget about some of those that were here long before anyone."

There were makeshift houses built from stones chiseled out of the chamber lining the sides and at one end sat a larger structure that Blukle explained served as the meeting house and residence of Erwor, leader of the gnomish resistance.

Walking into the building, you are shocked to see three other surface dwellers already present. A white haired and serious looking elf female in a dark body length dress and a half-elf in a cloak of plain, homespun wool dyed green and brown. He has a brown drooping mustache and a thick brown beard which make him look very human if not for his almond shaped and startlingly green eyes. Also, a large human standing nearly six feet tall with the face and crooked nose that screams of a ruffian and brawler.

Two grey gnomes stand in the center of the room, one dressed in robes with a golden medallion around his neck and the other seems an identical match to the one you just entered with. Upon seeing each other, Blukle and his double rush to embrace each other. Apparently your dear Blukle had been thought to dead.

oocOK! The time has finally arrived to merge you two into one of the groups in my Priestess campaign and get you back into a full party. The other group is nearly to this point. Here is a link to that game. Please copy your characters over from the 'Characters Thread' in No Quarter to the 'Brekka' characters thread. Once we're all caught up, this post will be put into the chapter 2 game thread and we'll have one normal sized group instead of two smaller ones. If you guys have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to bring them up or ask.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OOCWow! Didn't see that coming... love it! This will be interesting for sure!!