RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 12:46 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Empire's Trials - Character Creation, Posting Standards, House Rules

Combat Rules

1. Initiatives are rolled normally, but monsters and NPCs all act at the same time.

2. When PCs actions are consecutive in the combat round, I interpret the actions as firt come first serve in the thread.

3. For attack rolls, a critical miss on 1 are automatically missed and the victim can't perform additional actions in that round. So if you have three attacks and roll a 1 on the first attack, it means you can't perform the two attacks. For skills, this is same as per the rules, a 1 is not an automatic failure and a 20 is not an automatic success either.

4. Critical hits are rolled normally as per the rules.

5. About ready action, please be very specific otherwise I might rule out that it doesn't apply.

Posting standard

1. Use BOLD and a COLOR of your choosing for the dialogue of your character.

2. Use italic when your character is thinking or speaking to himself.

3. In battle, add in OOC your actions in a similar format.

Move: Move to Giant 3, dodging and AoO that happen.
Standard: Single attack, AC 20 and 10 damage to Giant 3.
Swift: None
Free:Speak

4. Put any dice result in your OOC block so that I can easily find it.

Stats Block

1. Every post should have the following spoiler button at the bottom of the post. I don't mind if your format is different, but I should be able to find easily those pieces of information.

2. If you are a caster, make sure I can see in the stats block your memorized spells, use the stroke tag when your spells had been used.

3. If you are using ammunition, please make sure it's visible in the stats block as well.

Battle map and combat stats

1. I'm going to try using roll20 for this campaign. You don't need an account, I will show screen captured in the game thread. For moving, you need to tell me the sequence with your post. As an example, N-N-N-E-NE-S. Each letters is a cardinal point, north been the top of the map.

Character Sheet

1. Create a thread for your character in there. The first message should be a copy of your application. Make sure there's a link to your character sheet visible on top.

2. The second message in your character thread should be to track your equipment and wealth. Use a comprehensive table please. We won't track equipments on your character sheet for convenience.

3. What is not written in your equipment message, doesn't exist! So please make sure to keep it updated.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-27-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:43 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Technical DetailsHere are the character creation rules.

Game System: Pathfinder PFSRD PAIZO ONLY! No third party sources or custom stuff will be allowed.
Posting Frequency: 1/week minimum
Level: 7
XP:Normal
Class: Core, Base, Hybrid and Unchained. No more than two classes in your character career
Archetype: One per class maximum
Races: Core. There are many realms in the empire, and some noble families are not humans.
Alignment: No evil.
Point Buy: 25 points.
HP: Full at level 1. Each hit die thereafter gives average roll. (e.g. d4 hit die gives 2 HP, d6 gives 3, d8 gives 4, d10 gives 5, and d12 gives 6.)
Traits: You may select maximum two. No flaws.
Alternate Racial Traits: None allowed
Starting Wealth: You are a prisoner wearing your clothes. The party will find essential items quickly such as holy symbol and spellbook, don't see this startup condition as a problem for your class choice.
Firearms: Emerging (Advanced firearms doesn't exist). Firearms can only fire three-time maximum per combat round because of technical limitation.
Religions: Zar Religions
House rules: We are going to use the background skills.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-26-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:59 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Diplomacy - Influence attitude

1. Diplomacy is not charm person. Diplomacy is not a substitute for roleplay either. Please don't expect that an NPC will behave like you want just because you got a check of 50. It will at best facilitate your interaction with that person.

2. Changing an NPCs attitude does not change an NPCs goals/responsibilities. A guard will not just let someone walk in because they are now "helpful" in attitude. They will be very pleasant, but still shoo the PCs away from whatever he is guarding.

A villian may not act bloodthirsty to the group, but that does not mean he will not kill them at the approriate time (he might just monologue a bit).

3. Diplomacy requires conversation. It will fail at any time if an NPC attacks or simply refuse to listen.

4. Attitudes can still shift. "I use Diplomacy." "The guard is now Friendly." "I ask him if I can see inside the vault." "The guard is now Unfriendly."

5. The DM can add any circumtance modifier he thinks is appropriate. For example, if you are a knight of the rose and that NPC had been attacked by one the last day, you probably just got -20 on all your diplomacy check with that person.

6. The target of a diplomacy check need to be able to understand you. To be fully effective, the NPC need to see as well because non-verbal communication is essential, otherwise penalties to the diplomacy check may apply.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:31 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Aid Another

A maximum of 3 aid another stacking is permitted. Meaning only a +6 bonus maximum can be acquired with this.

This doesn’t apply for grapples.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-12-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Buff

The number of buff spells\spell-like abilities who have a duration is limited to 10. If someone cast a 11th buff, you decide which one is going to be discarded out of 11 spells on your PC.

You can still have as many permanent duration magic items as you want such as a ring of protection, bracer of armor, etc...
  • Debuff such as slow, bane, are not considered in this house rule.
  • You can still have as many permanent duration magic items as you want. (e.g. ring of protection, bracers of armor)
  • Same rule apply to NPCs

Over level 10th, I'm loosing too much time as a DM to track 20 spells active on each PCs. I'm not exaggerating that's the average on some of my campaigns.

I'm not concerned about the impact on wizards and cleric, considering that they are the most powerful classes. I'm generous on magic items usually anyway. The idea is to prevent abuse.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-12-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:35 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Grapple

Here's a flowchart that helps understand the rules for grapples.

Let's clarify a few points, for me grapple look like this:

To be honest, this is one of the most incomprehensible and broken rules in Pathfinder to my opinion. It's hard to get to a consensus on Paizo forums. Let's try to clarify some points of how I interpret this.
  • Any grapple CMB check requires both hands to perform, or suffer a penalty of -4. This is not clear as crystal that it applies to all check, whatever you are the grappler or the victim. In any case, it makes sense, one hand worth better than two whatever you try to grab someone or try to get out of a grab.
  • The rule says you can attack with a one-handed weapon or light weapon even if grappled, as long you do not pin with -2 attack penalty. It's clear, however, I'm ruling that it can only be done with a light weapon. So no, you can't swing your greatsword in one hand or bastard when you have 4-5 people on your back
  • A maximum of 8 aid another is permitted on a grapple. Unfortunately, the rule state that a 5x5 square needs to be available around the victim for each person involved. Let's live with that even if it doesn't make sense, the rule is clear.
  • When you get grappled by multiple opponents of your size or larger, you need to make a Acrobatics check vs the CMB of your grapplers, otherwise you fall and get prone. Armor penalty applies. This one is custom entirely, just doesn't make sense for me that you are tackled by multiple people and automatically stand on your feet.

Bare with me, this is a very imperfect rule to begin with. Thank you!

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-12-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:51 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Firearms

Firearms in the word are emerging (Advanced firearms doesn't exist).

Firearms can only be fire three-time maximum per round because of technical limitation. A round in pathfinder lasting 6 seconds, current firearms melt and get damage when fired too quickly. This is not a mini-gun.

Any firearms and canon related equipment cost twice because it's just starting to be mass-produced around the world.

Finally, enhancement bonus of armor, are considered on the touch ranged attack.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-13-2018 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:23 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Incorporeal

The incorporeal type allows to pass through solid objects, but at half the movement speed when moving through solid objects such as walls, ceiling and floor.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Languages

Thief Cant is a secret language similar as the deaf/mute language.
This is a free language for the rogue class, and infiltrator archtype. It can be purchase with a linguistic rank by anybody if it can be explained background wise.

The bluff secret message is a different thing.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-01-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:20 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Magic

Enchantment and Compulsion effects

About enchantment and compulsion effect. Someone who succeeds the save against such spells feels dizziness, headache, and similar discomfort. A spellcraft DC 15, might allow someone trained in the art to know he was targetted by control magic.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-05-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:10 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Magic Item Creation

The following is not allowed to be used for item creation.

-Item Requires Skill to Use: Some items require a specific skill to get them to function. This factor should reduce the cost about 10%.
-Item Requires Specific Class or Alignment to Use: Even more restrictive than requiring a skill, this limitation cuts the price by 30%.

Source: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...ative_Crafting

I see this as a loophole in the system that can potentially be exploited to reduce the cost of items. Why a wizard who is doing items for himself won't make it restricted to wizard to get 30% off all the time?

Last edited by MoonZar; 06-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:00 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Polymorph spells

To polymorph in a creature, the character must have knowledge of its existence by doing a knowledge check monster lore (DC = 10 + Creature CR).

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/knowledge/