RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Iron DM Stadium > Iron DM 2019 > Archive
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-20-2019, 06:28 AM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 23415
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,512
Round 1; Match 4: MontageManiac vs Astra vs mujie vs KhamLuc (vs Auron3991)

Round 1; Match 4: MontageManiac vs Astra vs mujie vs KhamLuc (vs Auron3991)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 'Honorable' Chairman
right-aligned image
"Ah, my final four toys! Such a nice batch this year, I must say." You hear the voice and realize you are falling from the sky at incredible velocity. A moment later you impact the ground, and the four of you find yourselves laying in a broad open area covered with sand made of iron grit. Onyx stands surrounding the battlefield are full of spectators that for some reason you just can't quite make out in detail... but you can hear all of them jeering and hooting as each of the first contestants are introduced. An oddly familiar setting, to some of you.

Here you will battle on the iron sands, under the watchful eyes of of the great and honorable judges:
  • PIG
  • Melchior
  • Squeak
Gesturing to four heaping tables with his staff, the Chairman proclaims: As has happened many times before, and must happen again, you will now face off against each other! Only by using the following four ingredients,
  • Flying Faeries
  • A Murky Bog
  • Bottled Lightning
  • Borborygmus
and crafting an encounter with your own talents, can you hope to survive! Two of you will be fortunate enough to be eliminated, a reprieve you each will treasure by the time your time here is done. The other two will be forced to advance into Round 2!


Let the Dungeon Mastering....BEGIN!!
Rules
  • You are to write an encounter using the four items / concepts above. All rules found here are to be followed.
  • The guidelines for the Judges' scoring can be found here. An "encounter" is specifically referencing a single battle, confrontation, or other situation for a group of PCs to come up against, and (hopefully) overcome. It should be something that can be a special, unique, focal point of a campaign.
  • The entry is to be no longer than 1,500 words, which includes *everything* you put into the post. Judges are instructed to stop reading at that time, or to deduct points if you go over. The use of a spell check and word counter is highly recommended.
  • Please make a simple post in this thread when you first read it, to let the judges know have seen it, and that you are on board. It doesn't have to be anything more than "read!", or something like that, though roleplaying it is also perfectly acceptable! Do not edit this post after making it; when it comes time to post your entry, do that in a second, separate post.
  • You have 7 days from the time this post is made to complete and submit your entry (in a new post; don't edit your first post!). It is not expected that you use all this time - the extra time has been given to ensure that, no matter what your timezone, your schedule, your sleep habits, your work or student life, or emergencies that could crop up, you should have ample time to complete your entry. Posting when you are done, and not waiting until the end, is also recommended, and rewarded.
  • You should post your entry into this thread within the generous timeframe, and ensure it is secreted (to the above judges) and spoilerbuttoned. Feel free to also PM your judges to let them know you have posted, if you wish. (DO NOT PM them your entry - just let them know your entry is submitted). If your post is not made within the 7 days, you will be automatically disqualified. If you have issues, be sure to PM Inem *before* your round is closed.
  • Once posted, do not edit your entry. The use of the "preview" function is thus also highly recommended.

Last edited by Inem; 10-27-2019 at 09:12 AM.
  #2  
Old 10-20-2019, 07:57 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 8856
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 7,541
Beryllium Contestant gains consciousness...The pain was real. Somehow he’d found himself back in this god forsaken mess, and the pain... was real.

Rising from the iron grit, groaning at his confusion, he raises a hand, "Acknowledged the terms set forth, we’ll see how this goes!"

__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Moving week of Oct 21st. Expect delays, sorry for inconvenience, NPC me if you must to keep games going! Will post when I can!
  #3  
Old 10-20-2019, 08:43 AM
mujie mujie is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-03-2019
RPXP: 374
mujie mujie mujie mujie
Posts: 180
Read
  #4  
Old 10-20-2019, 11:05 AM
Auron3991 Auron3991 is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 1672
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Posts: 435
Hopeful HereAuron3991 blinked as he landed in the arena. He was slightly confused, as he was sure...

'Ah,' he thought to himself as he noticed he had an almost phantasmal look to him. Something was different from the last time he was here, which was probably accounting for this off feeling, but he wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste. Looking at the ingredients before him, he started crafting.
  #5  
Old 10-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Astra's Avatar
Astra Astra is offline
Some Believe in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 2529
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Posts: 773
An Astra-shaped impact crater
Astra lands face down in the iron sand and groggily pushes the ground away with her hands. Looking around, she swallows visibly. Three others appear to have also been forcibly abducted by the crime syndicate known only as "The Judges". With a grim look at the heaping table before her, Astra sets to work.

Last edited by Astra; 10-20-2019 at 01:28 PM.
  #6  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:40 PM
Astra's Avatar
Astra Astra is offline
Some Believe in Magic
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 2529
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Posts: 773
 

Last edited by Inem; 10-27-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Revealing Entry!
  #7  
Old 10-22-2019, 12:01 PM
mujie mujie is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-03-2019
RPXP: 374
mujie mujie mujie mujie
Posts: 180
 

Last edited by Inem; 10-27-2019 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Revealing Entry!
  #8  
Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 1267
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 993
read
  #9  
Old 10-25-2019, 09:44 AM
Auron3991 Auron3991 is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 1672
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Posts: 435
 

Last edited by Inem; 10-27-2019 at 09:12 AM.
  #10  
Old 10-25-2019, 05:19 PM
KhamLuc's Avatar
KhamLuc KhamLuc is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 1267
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Posts: 993
Iron DM round 1 Match 4

MontageManiac vs Astra vs mujie vs KhamLuc (vs Auron3991)

Ingredient :
• Flying Faeries
• A Murky Bog
• Bottled Lightning
• Borborygmus


The Bottle of Discord (mind games stormy relationships)
A wounded Tiefling looks toward her comrade lying motionless on the floor around a chest. While verifying their life sign, he displays regret in his face. He walks backward about ten feet, sits on the ground and waits. After 1 hour, he stands up. Put the cap on The Bottle, put it in the chest and close it. He then walks away.
Staging
They party Find the scene many days after this one. There are 3 bodies lying on the floor, death with sign of decay but no sign of any wound. A human that is dressed like a warrior, an elf that owns archery equipment and a dwarf that carries the god sign of thunder on his shield rest in peace there.

• The chest is unlocked; the only thing that is inside is a Bottled Lightning all in turmoil. As soon the chest is open, those around 10 feet hear in their head a tiny girly voice shouting with muffle sound for Help repeatedly with harass insistence. It is clear that it comes from the bottle.
Good character must save vs WIS DC10 to resist to not rush open it right away doing all they can to do it.
Evil character is harassed by the voice and must save vs CHA DC10 to resist to not rushing to try to throw the bottle on the ground to break it.
Neutral Character is in a compulsion to don’t do anything and let it alone the time to get some real info to know more about that bottle, believing that its a trap. Save vs INT DC10 to let someone else doing anything with the bottle.

As soon as someone is ten feet away from the bottle, no save is necessary ... he is free from any compulsion coming from the curse of the bottle.


... Aaand Action
If the bottle is open:
Anyone around the scene/room/cave that can interact directly with those in ten feet, have their mind absorb in the bottle. Their physical body falls motionless on the floor. As for anyone come in that range thereafter, until to cap is put back on.
• Inside, they reappear in A Murky Bog. Scatter around a huge hole that looks like a monstrous belly, wide open in the middle, displaying some noisy guts. The Stench is unbearable ( Save CON DC 15 at the start of any round or be poison until the start on next round. Until away of ten feet of the guts hole.) When the continuous sound of Borborygmus randomly diminishes from the core, everyone can hear the help call phase-in.
• There are three intestine tentacles spread out lashing the air. They each firmly grab some Flying Faerie that unsuccessfully do their best to free themselves. Another shining tiny one is flying here and there, trying to dodge a fourth tentacle. Spotting the party, She continues to request help but now tells that the help is for her sisters.
• walking away from the guts hole trough the Murky Bog, when out of sight, will only bring them back form the other side.
• Trying to interact (Attack or grab ) with the guts or tentacle will bring attention from the empty tentacle and lashing out the character and the sound of the Borborygmus echoes once again. DM informs the player that he lose half there Hitpoint. At zero, they return to 1 they fall to the ground to only crawl for movement (half their speed). They have disadvantage to all actions ( no attack possible.)
• Every character can be “hit” only two times by anyone, meaning other characters too.



If the bottle is broken instead of open:
Same thing except that the scene/room/cave around is transformed permanently as the inside of the bottle. If someone plunges in the guts, he reappears at the edge of the scene/room/cave, spotting what happening without any way to interact with those trap in this dimensional area. He’s only an observer. He can walk away, but if he wants to walk in ... it’s like he passes trough a dream without any interaction from or to him.
The other faeries are doom unless everyone else is out meaning the curse end... then they will be free of the bottle. They thanks everyone and fly away.
If the bottle opener is out and the free tiny faerie too ... She will offer to follow it like a permanent familiar, grateful to try to save her. (reappearing beside him next round if she kills)

How to escape:

The characters who open the bottle know exactly what to do as soon as he’s absorbed in the bottle by the curse. ( tell him in secret )
The only way to get out of the bottle is to convince the free faerie to plunge in the middle of the guts. Any attempt to wound the Guts or tentacles will wound the bottle opener physical body in real-world ( 1 hit point of slashing unavoidable). Same way to get out for each character that wants out of this nightmare.
The only way to break the curse is when the last being plunges into the hole.
As soon as someone gets out of the bottle, he is immune to the help complaint.



Additional DM informations
"The Manufacturer": At the start, Its an evil Warlock that curse a family faeries that never stop harassing him. He traps them all in a bottle, but the faerie magic scramble just a little bit, all the "good" intentions to dispose of some annoying pesky thing

If an identify spell is cast on the bottle: It appears to be illusion and transmutation magic, with an objective to trap someone


Last edited by Inem; 10-27-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Revealing Entry!
  #11  
Old 10-31-2019, 10:54 AM
PIG's Avatar
PIG PIG is online now
Big Piggy Pig Big Pig!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 28850
PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG PIG
Posts: 19,291
PIG has spoken and TIED NECK TO NECK IS:

The Muskeg Mishap by Astra

and

Into the Maw by Auron3991

The points match for either one but for different reasons. Both were excellent. For notes on my thoughts on all entries click below:

 



 



 



 
__________________
N I И

Last edited by Inem; 11-02-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Revealing Judgment!
  #12  
Old 10-31-2019, 08:02 PM
Melchior's Avatar
Melchior Melchior is offline
Mysterious Teenager
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 29318
Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior
Posts: 7,284
 


 


 


 
__________________
Bleach d20: Trouble in Paradise (HoF: 2015) [Co-DM] || Purge (HoF: 2017) [GM]

Last edited by Inem; 11-02-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Revealing Judgment!
  #13  
Old 11-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Inem's Avatar
Inem Inem is offline
Bad Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-15-2019
RPXP: 23415
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Posts: 9,512
Gracefully, the 'Honorable' Chairman descends from the skies that you yourselves were rapidly propelled from not that long ago...though now that you think about it, you aren't even all that sure how long you have been in this arena. But apparently it is time to hear your verdicts.

"The last match for this round. Another unfortunate case of someone not managing to deliver. You shall suffer the same fate as the others." The creature running this competition gestures with its staff, and in an instant, chains shoot forth from the iron grit sand, dragging MontageManiac to some unspeakable place below. "Fortunately, here too we have a case of someone more than happy to take this second chance". There is a clanking sound, as elsewhere chains drop to the ground and the shadows part to reveal a now unbound Auron3991.

"Well, things were quite close in this battle, that much is clear. The top spot in this match was decided by the slimmest margin. But first off, two of you are finished, released from this competition." With a thud, the Chairman slams his staff down on the iron grit sand. Bits of iron grit fly in all directions like a wave, and when the dust settles, two competitors no longer move. While mujie has become a statue made of different shades of orange and red metal, KhamLuc's skin has turned into a silver metal, which seems to be reacting constantly with the oxygen in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Record
Auron3991 comes from his spot as a substitute and steals first place in Match 4, just the tiniest margin ahead of Astra who ends up taking second place.
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB