Game Thread Part II - Khul Boldohr - Page 23 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2019 > Priestess > Khul Boldohr
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #331  
Old 10-30-2019, 06:34 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1439
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 668
Araceli Naeva HazesunEven though she was both physically and mentally exhausted Araceli slept poorly. Again and again she revisited the fight in her dreams and asked herself how things would have gone if she had acted differently. The questions tormented her and without Twiggles she didn't have anything to calm her down, leading to a night full of tossing and turning.

It was the sound of voices quietly talking that finally woke her from her restless slumber. Tousled the young mage sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Something was not right, even in her drowsy state she could feel the tension in the air. After clumsily crawling out of her bedroll she slowly made her way over to the rest of the group who was gathered around Ealirel.

"What's going on, is everything alright?" Her voice was still a little hoarse from having just woken up. One look at the elf seemed to answer her question though. Araceli did not know a lot about medicine but even she could see that their friend's condition had worsend dramatically. As the realisation hit her she immediatly became much more awake, her face pale as she looked at her companions with fear. "What is wrong, what happend? We... we need to do something. Lily, can you do something? You can do something, right? You can help her, right?" Tears welled up in her eyes again. "Or Amy? You can pray to Evelyn, right? Evelyn is merciful, she can help Ealirel. Or maybe we go back and talk to the old man again..."

The more she talked the faster her words became as the panic took over more and more.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 10-30-2019, 11:04 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1507
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,764

Creepy

 

 

Healing Word
1st-level evocation. Casting Time 1 bonus action. Range 60 feet. Components V
Duration Instantaneous.
A creature you can see regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.
Healing word on Creepy using 2nd level slot

A frown crossed Creepy's face as she carefully watched Ealirel. She knew the end was near. Death was here to take it's prize. She looked over at Araceli and shook her head.

"I'm sorry but there is nothing me and Mother can do. This is beyond my abilities. Death is already here and it's waiting for her."

Creepy looked back down at Ealirel and silently sighed. Thinking to her self Creepy, in an hesitant 'voice' askes with her inner voice....

Evelyn, if you can hear me....is there some way we can help Ealirel? Me and Mother don't trust those friendly people. Hearts? And then two days? Lies. I just want to help Ealirel. O.K.?
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 11-05-2019, 01:52 PM
Strange2099's Avatar
Strange2099 Strange2099 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 2667
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Posts: 1,640
Sasori
left-aligned image

Exhaustion, self-doubt, hopelessness ... these were painfully evident within the formidable Paladin of Evelyn. Sasori empathized for her. She had been struck by the same shadow demons, after all. She may be suffering from the same affliction. Perhaps not so evident now, but whereas Ealirel’s condition worsened rapidly, what if it only took a little longer for Amy?

Already, their erstwhile guide was dying on the ground. More than just their guide - she had fought with them, defended them against so many threats they had encountered. She deserves better than this, he said as he looked back at the sick Elf. You both do, he continued as he returned his gaze to Amy. While it may be his charge, his purpose, to guide this group to their final destination, that was only upon reaching his homeland. His duty was to get them there, but to accomplish that they needed their guide in this land. Alive.

The necessary course of action was obvious, to Sasori. There was only one choice, really. But Amy was hesitant, reluctant. The burden of leadership was a demanding responsibility, and not something he envied nor desired. How could he reassure her of her faith? To take up the conviction of what must be done?

The group at the Temple, maybe they can stabilize her, until the cure is ready.
He looked again at the Elf, and foresaw what would happen if they did nothing. He saw her death, just as vividly as the trees that surrounded them or the ground beneath their feet. He foresaw Ealirel suffering horribly, but only, it would not end this time with just the one death. He did not look at Amy, instead he continued to gaze upon the worsening form of Ealirel, but when he spoke it was directly to the Paladin: Look to your heart, Amelia. What does it tell you?


 


__________________
Student in the Way of the Open HandAcolyte of the Forest, Guardian of PlantsDesert Scorpion
Holy Warrior, Crusader of the LightFoxy TricksterBereaved Widow, Eternal Believer
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 11-05-2019, 03:53 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 595
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 610
Two companions pleaded with Amy. Sasori used calm, yet heartfelt appeals. Then there was the desperate, crying face of Araceli. The mere sight of that was like a dagger through Amy's heart. She could hardly stand to look at her dearest friend. The paladin deliberately focused on Sasori instead.

"My heart tells me that it's already too late. The damage has been done. We were never supposed to be near this temple. Ealirel insisted that we come here. That mistake doomed her...

...and possibly me as well.
"

A quiver of fear crossed Amy's features. For all her stoicism, she was still human. She didn't want to die. She also didn't want the whole group to be dragged down along with her. Another glance to Araceli betrayed that wish.

"Ealirel felt that we had 'no choice' but to take a foolish risk. Now you feel that we must gamble even more, in order to recoup our losses. What happens when this decision inevitably hurts someone else? How many of us must fall before you accept reality?"
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 11-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1667
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,231
left-aligned image
Berry sighed and dipped into his pouch for a pipe and pouch of leaf. Packing the bowl carefully, he sparked life into the leaf, issuing billowy clouds of sweet-smelling, grey smoke. Once thus settled, he then produced a small block of wood and small, sharp knife. Settling against a nearby tree, he occupied himself by deftly whisking the blade over the wood, sending shavings flying as the wood transformed from a rectangular block to something more smoothly shaped, gradually becoming increasingly identifiable as the beginnings of a cluster of leaves and berries.

It had been awhile since he'd had the chance to whittle, and he'd missed it in the times when he wasn't busy with more important tasks like surviving. As he busied his hands, puffing peacefully on his pipe, his eyes occasionally flickered from his woodworking to the prone elf lying on the ground as the others debated her fate above her. He had no wish for the elf to die. He had no wish for many people to die, but they did. And it seemed that the elf they'd saved would now be lost to them as well. The ranger was well-acquainted with the Circle of Life, and equally well-acquainted with violent ends.

He'd hoped a decision would be made quickly, but it seemed that, as was common with humans, sides had been chosen, and the matter would be debated until the point were moot. Berry was content either way: he didn't trust the so-called "Brotherhood" inside, and he certainly didn't fancy looting a dwarven tomb, but there was danger no matter where they went, and disturbing the dead to provide life seemed a fair trade to him. They could always find a dwarven priest later, if it mattered that much.

With a sigh, and another puff from his pipe, Berry glanced up at Sasori and Amy. "Why not let fate decide?" he asked around the stem of his pipe. "Simply flip a coin. Heads, we go back in and do what we can to save Ealirel. Tails, and we honor her with the respect of another fallen comrade."
 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 11-09-2019, 12:18 PM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1507
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,764

Creepy

 

 

Healing Word
1st-level evocation. Casting Time 1 bonus action. Range 60 feet. Components V
Duration Instantaneous.
A creature you can see regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.
Healing word on Creepy using 2nd level slot

Creepy suddenly stands up and folds her arms across her chest. Her lips form a pout on them. She stamps her foot.

"Well, I'm not going." She points towards the direction that they where originally heading towards and again folds her arms across her chest.

"Evelyn gave me vision and a quest. Get a gem from a cat and stick it in an giant eye. Save lots of people. It's a battle between Evelyn and the giant cat. The steaks? The very existence of her people. Have we forgotten this?"

She stamps her foot again and lets out a loud huffing sound.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 11-09-2019, 01:07 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1439
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 668
Araceli Naeva Hazesun„What are you all talking about?“ Araceli looked completly aghast at her companions. „We are loosing time. Ealirel is our friend, we can just give up on her like this. If there is any chance that we can safe her then we need to try. She is a part of this mission as well, she has risked her life for us even though she didn’t have to. Don’t we own her to at least try to help her?“ Tears are still streaming down her face as she pleaded, desperatly hoping that the others would listen to her. How could they talk about their friend’s life like this? She deserved help.

The young woman foced her eyes on Amy. „Please Amy. We need to try.“
__________________
Just a heads up, for the next weeks I will be pretty busy with uni stuff. I will try my best to keep up with my games but posting might get delayed.
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 11-18-2019, 10:47 AM
Strange2099's Avatar
Strange2099 Strange2099 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 2667
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Posts: 1,640
Sasori
left-aligned image

Sasori listened to Berry’s suggestion. When the Halfling finished, Sasori drew his scimitar from its scabbard. The cold steel glinted in the reflected moonlight as he slowly, inexorably extracted the blade. Standing over the dying Elf, the Druid raised his sword and paused for a moment - barely a moment, before he plunged it down hard and fast. Driven into the ground, next to Ealirel's head, only the tip was buried, just enough to keep the sword upright without being held.

Sasori knelt down next to the Elf. He reached down with one hand to place it on her forehead, lightly but firmly. He reached out with the other hand to grasp the hilt of his sword. His hand wavered for a moment - barely a moment, before he grasped the handle, reluctantly but heavily.

He then turned to look at Amy and asked:
Will you have him flip the coin, or will you do it?


 


__________________
Student in the Way of the Open HandAcolyte of the Forest, Guardian of PlantsDesert Scorpion
Holy Warrior, Crusader of the LightFoxy TricksterBereaved Widow, Eternal Believer
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 12-04-2019, 10:15 PM
Kaiya Kaiya is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 595
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Posts: 610
Amy was too tired. Her bones harboured a deep, draining weariness. She just wanted to rest. For once, Lily's advice made the most sense. The group had been given a clear path, by Evelyn. They'd chosen to deviate from that path. And now they suffered for it. What good could come of further detours? Sasori hovered over the elf's body, blade ready. Whether or not he used it, Ealirel's life would almost certainly end. Staying here was the best move.

...But Amy couldn't refuse those pleading eyes. Slowly, reluctantly, she nodded to Araceli.

"...Fine. Let's live out your fantasy for a little longer. If we don't, you'll always wonder whether we could have saved her. For your sake, I'll help you accept the truth."

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Lily was the heir of Evelyn's will. And yet, Amy had no attachment to her. That strange, babbling woman couldn't hold a candle to Araceli. Amy's priestess and most precious person were supposed to be one and the same...

 
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 12-05-2019, 08:20 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2020
RPXP: 10878
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 7,796
The Hidden Temple
right-aligned image
Amy could rebuff the challenges of Sasori or ignore the proclamations of Lily but she was powerless when confronted with Araceli's broken hearted plea. With strong trepidation, she led the group back to the cave past the stone statues of dead elves, through the cave the basilisk and grimlocks had used as a lair and into the hidden temple. They were greeted by the same old man in the white robes who immediately rushed to Ealirel with concern etched across his worn face. "You should not have dallied. I shall tend to her as best I can to keep her with us until you return. This has progressed rather quickly." Another pair of older men in the same white robes came and helped carry the elf maiden to the private chambers you had investigated earlier. "We will tend for her there. We have beds and blankets to keep her warm. Some of know a bit of alchemy which may stay death awhile longer."

The old man then led you down the southern hall you had yet to explore and then entered the room on the right. It was a store room of sorts with barrels and crates with plants and herbs hanging to dry on lines. There was then a stairwell and let under the main hallway and then back up on the other side where an empty room sat with a lone iron door in the far wall. "This door opens to the dwarven ruins and caves that are below. Just keep to the left and you'll find the burial chamber."

With that, the old man left to tend to Ealirel.

The passage beyond the door was more natural cave, though this section was more wet than the previous section at the entrance to the complex. There was a light film of water coating the walls, dripping from the ceiling and pooling on the floor. The passage was made of a split in the rock of the hill that thinned to mere inches fifteen feet up and extended beyond the ability to see. Forty feet into the tunnel it split off with one path going right and one going left, the only sounds the dripping of water.

 


 


__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Reply With Quote
  #341  
Old 12-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Andor's Avatar
Andor Andor is offline
Duke of Chanwood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1667
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Posts: 1,231
left-aligned image
Berry managed to avoid rolling his eyes once a decision had finally been made. He got to his feet and followed the others back inside, finishing his pipe as the old men fussed and fretted over the elf...and at the companions. Though Berry was annoyed at the old man's admonishment, he was reluctantly forced to admit that he agreed with the old codger. They'd spent far too long doing nothing other than debating. If they weren't going to return the elf immediately, they should've simply left her or finished her off. Harsh, perhaps, but no harsher than allowing her to linger, then foisting her off on the healers. Still, what was done was done.

"Keep to the left..." Berry muttered as he glanced around at the cavern. "I hope that's more useful and accurate than the old trick of navigating a maze: always turn left." Glancing upward, he said, "Keep an eye on the roof of the cavern as well. I'm sure there's all manner of nasty things waiting to drop down on us."
 
__________________

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Strange2099's Avatar
Strange2099 Strange2099 is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 2667
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Posts: 1,640
Visit the Forgotten Quarter

Sasori
left-aligned image

The flash of Sasori’s steel blade was almost too quick to follow, as he re-sheathed the scimitar faster than what might be considered appropriate. Whether it was out of frustration, or relief, could not be discerned from behind the mask he wore. But when he reached out to carefully, gently pick up Ealirel, there was no hesitation in his actions this time as he lifted her and cradled her in his arms. Stoic as ever, inwardly he grieved for the Elf, who was now but a shadow of her former self. Yet his pace was quick, purposeful as he carried her while following the others. All the while, she was only ever but a single, shallow breath away from death. And in this state, he carried her - delivered her back to the cave, back into the Temple of the forgotten gods.


A flickering flame ignited within Sasori’s hand as he summoned the magical fire, which he held high above his head like a torch. Though small in size, enough light was emitted to banish the darkness and bright light for 10’ radius, dim for an additional 10’illuminate the width of the cavern, if not the length. Sasori took heed of Barry’s words of caution and he nodded to the Halfling Ranger as he moved silently towards the left passage within the cavern. He paused when he reached a bend in the passage, wary of what might be lurking around the corner. He tried to listen carefully for any sounds before edging himself forward just enough to peer into the darkness.


 


__________________
Student in the Way of the Open HandAcolyte of the Forest, Guardian of PlantsDesert Scorpion
Holy Warrior, Crusader of the LightFoxy TricksterBereaved Widow, Eternal Believer
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 12-10-2019, 03:40 PM
cookieyummy's Avatar
cookieyummy cookieyummy is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1439
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Posts: 668
Araceli Naeva HazesunA scarp shirk of panic escaped Araceli as Sasori’s sword just barley missed Ealirel’s head. He couldn’t be serious, could he? Too stunned to say anything she just looked towards Amy with sheer horror in her eyes.

Amy’s words took a visable burden off the young mage’s shoulders. Without thinking she ran up to the paladin and wrapped her arms around her. There were still tears running down her cheeks but this time they were a sign of relief. „Thank you, thank you, thank you so much. You won’t regret this, you will see. And I’m sure that Evelyn will be okay with this delay, she is a healer isn’t she?“

Giving her friend one last squeeze she let go and rushed to gather her belongings. Every second counted. Before they left though the young woman went up to Sasori who was carrying the unconscious elf. She had always liked the stranger from a far away country but after what he had just done she was more than wary of him. She didn‘t really know what to think of him anymore so she decided to just give him an unsure glance before focusing her attention on Ealirel. Carefully she grabbed her hand and squezzed it lightly as she leaned in closer and whispered: „Just hold on a little longer, we will get you to help soon. You will be okay, alright?“

The whole trip back Araceli was unusually quiet. A part of her was just tired but she was also thinking about what was coming next. To help their friend they would need to risk their own lifes by fighting against some ancient undead dwarves. The thought alone made her shiver and every fiber of her being was struggling against going back to the old temple. But her determination was stronger than her fear: It had been her fault that Ealirel got hurt like this and she would not watch another of her friends die.

Following Sasori’s example Araceli pulled out her dagger and waved her hand, making the weapon light up. She didn’t like the dark tunnels so she stuck close to Amy. According to the old man they were heading into some old ruins. The young mage didn‘t have many experiences with ruins but in the books she loved to read back home they were always dangerous places full of traps. Sure, the stories were probably a bit exaggerated but they might still hold a grain of truth. Following that instinct sheCasting Detect Magic briefly focused before pulling a thin threat of light purple energy out of her ring which she quickly weaved into complicated looking net. With a final hand motion the pattern disappeared for everyone but her as it spread across the floor and walls of the cavern.
__________________
Just a heads up, for the next weeks I will be pretty busy with uni stuff. I will try my best to keep up with my games but posting might get delayed.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 12-17-2019, 09:49 AM
tomplum's Avatar
tomplum tomplum is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-31-2020
RPXP: 10878
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Posts: 7,796
The Hidden Temple
right-aligned image
Sasori crept forward around the bend and found the cave split off in three different directions ahead. With the others following closely behind, the druid moved to the intersection. The left passage led to a round room with no obvious exits, as did the north passage. The east passage, to Sasori's right split in two directions thirty feet farther from his current position.

The eastern room appeared to have smooth walls and floor which reminded Sasori of the windswept rock formations from his homeland but of course wind could not have formed this chamber. The northern room was shining with a wet film that seemed to cover everything. There were multiple stalactites and stalagmites on the floor and ceiling respectively. There also seemed to be two strings of glowing pearls hovering five or six feet in the air in the center of the chamber. Araceli's magical detection spell showed no signs of magic at work.

The western passage was very similar to the one the group had just passed through, a dry cave tunnel.

 


 


__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by tomplum; 12-17-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 12-17-2019, 10:10 AM
voodoozombie's Avatar
voodoozombie voodoozombie is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-01-2020
RPXP: 1507
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Posts: 2,764

Creepy

 

 

Healing Word
1st-level evocation. Casting Time 1 bonus action. Range 60 feet. Components V
Duration Instantaneous.
A creature you can see regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.
At Higher Levels: The healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.
Healing word on Creepy using 2nd level slot

Creepy follows the others in silence, her shield at the ready and her quarter staff looking like it just came back to life. She didn't understand why everyone was ignoring Evelyn's word and her quest they where sent on to complete. Wasn't saving untold numbers of people important?

When they come to the area where the glowing pearls where hanging, she also noticed the different caves branching of into different directions. She glances down at the skull and nods her head.

"I know we are to keep to the left but maybe we also should mark the walls to ensure we don't get turned around or lost some how. These tunnels might go for miles with many more off branches. We need to keep track of which tunnels we go down. I don't want to keep going left for ever. That's what Mother thinks."

She suddenly smiles. "I agree with Mother. Mark the walls. Just in case."

Last edited by voodoozombie; 12-17-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB