RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 10-28-2019, 09:56 AM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,530
Orthros in chains
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
Orthros happily partakes of the food and drink provided for he knows it will help him get his strength back more quickly and there was not guarantee when there would be time for another depending on how things go. He hadn't wanted to show any sign of weakness in front of his rescuers, simply because he wanted to stay a part of what was happening but when Gudrun mentioned the idea of some rest before heading back into the hornets nest he realized he was being foolish. "Admittedly most of my own tricks are some what depleted from our previous encounter with the Legion, and while I trust that lady luck hasn't deserted me just yet and I still a trick or two remaining a head on encounter would not find me at my best."

Taking a moment to take a drink of the mulled wine he continues. "The entrance way beneath that we left through didn't leave a whole lot of room to move in with out being noticed, so finding another entrance would certainly be more useful. Do we know if they entered how we departed or did they use another entrance themselves?"


 
__________________
Posting Status: Cursing crappy wifi while on the road, catching up on posting
Life Update - Nov 7th: Hotelling it for work, wifi is lousy ĺ
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-28-2019, 06:15 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,266
Elizabeth's plan brought a smile to Gudrun's lips, though it remained hidden beyond his thick and oily beard. A part of him reprimanded himself for letting his beard get so dirty. Why did I comb it out if I'll only get it dirty later on, he thought as he swallowed. Before long he commented on the baby princess' tactics: "Why would we try and kill the lot of them, when there's soo many different things we could do. This legion is composed of the sons and daughters of good men and women. They've made mistakes, and they're terrible hosts, but that's mean we should kill them for it. Most like they're just the puppets of a deranged madman."

He drew from his mug, and let the milk wash away the taste of the fish. Before long he set to stuffing his pipe with some strange mix of dark green herbs. "Though part of the princess' plan does work. We could simply stroll inside, we'll just have to make everyone leave first."

The man's knobbly fingers reached for a toothpick, and he waited as he worked some debris from his teeth. When he resumed his plotting Gudrun burned the clean end of the pick in the candleflame, and used the burning twig to set fire to his pipe. The old man beamed with satisfaction as he continued explaining his plan. "Perhaps if we weren't the only ones strolling in, we could better stroll inside. Maybe if we'd organise some festival in the Al-Zuna temple, get the cityfolk running in there. We'd hardly stick out amongst a flood of partygoers. That should get us past most of the guards rather easily. And you noble folk must have a means to organise something on such short notice. I recommend 'having seen' some divine omen, that empowers the Al-Zuna clergy to heal ailments, ought to keep the priests busy."

Having spent a number of years smoking the pipe, the worldshaper learned some tricks, and he was rather proud of his ability to blow ringlets. He displayed this particular talent as he blew a number of smoke halo's upwards, and then angled his head so that they hung above him. He then moved to reassure his new companions: "Have no fear about the townsfolk, I'd hardly think even our legion would do anything to really hurt innocent townsfolk. Every man believes himself to be the hero of their own story, and killing hapless, misguided masses isn't a part of that."

 
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada- Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Troggun- Wannabe Warrior - Father & Cordyceps- Anachronism & Mindf*ck - Gudrun & Bulvor- Wise old man & not a bear
If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-30-2019, 04:12 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 10243
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 9,329
Mulazim held his gaze on Rana for a few moments longer, even as she looked away to speak to the others. He had not ever counted on seeing the young noblewoman again, especially given the circumstances under which they had parted, so now encountering her while held captive under a temple to a goddess, in the middle of a task that he believed would lead to a long happy life ahead with Zaina was...Well, Al-Zuna had one hell of a sense of humour.

He turned as Tatsuo spoke and noted the additional unasked question that was likely lurking behind his query, and Mulazim briefly glanced at Rana for a moment before smiling slightly at Tatsuo. "A brief acquaintance during my military days - the ambassador needed an escort for her trips to the market, so I was assigned to her," Technically speaking, not entirely a lie. "But for better or worse, my time as a soldier is now behind me. And an equal pleasure, sir d'Aidendale."

Listening to the plans, Mulazim had to hide a slight smile at how refreshingly straight-forward both princesses plans were, even if needless killing was something he preferred to avoid as much as possible. Still, Rana and the man who was shooting various glares their way did have a point - while their own numbers were greater now, the Legion had had sufficient troops to subdue the three of them and he was certain there were many more in reserve. Gudrun's plan was also viable in his opinion - create a big enough noise and crowd and they would both have a way in and a way out.

Still, though, there was a certain question that no-one had asked yet and he felt that perhaps he should do so. "Now, I honestly don't wish to complain about being rescued, and I'm glad there's apparently enough trust here for us to just jump in and join forces like this, but I need to ask...Lady Aurelia mentioned that you are looking for for three royal items and that they're related to the Empress' line of succession, and Rhany's retainer mentioned working with royalty," Mulazim glanced at the others at the table, the ones he had not travelled with. "Are you aiding the Empress' Heirs in some way? Or are some of you the heirs yourselves?"
__________________
Heading into crazy season at work - posting may be slowed until middle-December.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-31-2019, 05:56 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 20,484
Heroes GatheredTatsuo raises a discreet brow toward Elizabeth's assurance. "Fortunate, Your Highness. I can't fault the idea of interrogating some prisoners. I'm sure that we can manage to keep some alive," he smiles mischievously.

At Gudrun's comment, a rare chilly air passes over the spy's expression as he sets his cup down. "Even the sons of good men can become wicked, friend," he replies coolly. "While the ringleader certainly bears the far greater guilt in this, agreeing to turn traitor to the Empire and slaughter innocent Al-Zuna clergy, that kind of 'mistake' precisely merits an execution. You grossly underestimate the cruelty of this legion. We can speak from personal experience if the clergy slaughter were not enough." Anger flashes in his steely gaze before gone between blinks. "Flooding townsfolk into the temple would be like leading sheep to distract the wolves." The spy's cool, professional gaze finally softens. "A tender heart is a singular asset, but it should expect to get oft bruised."

Tatsuo returns the grin to Mulazim. "Indeed? Quite a small world, isn't it?" His gaze flicks to Rana with a yet wrier smile. He will have to pick this "troubleshooter's" brain at one point. With an ill-fitting nonchalance about the subject, Tatsuo casually replies, "I imagine that news about the heirs not difficult to find on your own. The short of it: we are most of them, friend."


 
__________________
Fourth little one born! Posting will slow.
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 7,599
RanaRana let out a soft breathy sigh when Mulazim explained the circumstances behind their old history. Though one of the newcomers, Orthos, brought up a decent question that needed investigating, though Rana said, "I have doubts that they had an alternate entrance, otherwise they would not need to replace the priests of the whole temple to begin their mining project." She glances Aurelia's way, "A part of your plan has merit. I heard Madara, Elizabeth and my cousin had racked up quite the body count. If we are to take any course of action, we should send stealthy persons to the temple if only to retrieve the dead, hide bodies and search for any documents on them. I do not know how badly their equipment is damaged, but it can be reused for subversive purposes."

Back to matters of her own personal drama, Rana looked between Tatsuo and Mulazim, "Aurelia and Elizabeth are royalty, Sir Tatsuo, Pacho, Dante and my cousin are descendants of the Rose Order that crusaded by the late Empress's side. I, the recently anointed ambassador, am allegedly royalty to a greater extent than I realized." She looked at Mulazim in slight derision, "Do not call me that in such company, I might ask, former soldier."

 
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-01-2019, 09:54 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 10243
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 9,329
Tatsuo's reply didn't catch him completely off-guard - he suspected at least that Aurelia and Elizabeth were royalty - but the revelation that almost everyone sitting at the table were the Heirs? That gave him some measure of pause and for once, Tatsuo seemed to have actually rendered Mulazim speechless. His eyes flicked to Rana for a moment, almost wordlessly asking if this included her, before she clarified exactly how all of them were related to the Empress in some way. The Gunslinger considered jokingly asking Gudrun and Orthos if perhaps they were also Heirs and just hadn't mentioned it, when Rana's request, phrased in such a derisive manner, rankled him to no end.

"Very well, Lady Ambassador Rana bint Jimal Al Motallebzadeh," Mulazim rattled off her titles with an exaggerated flourish of his right hand before resting it on the table in front of him again. "In turn I will humbly request that you address me by my name, rather than present or former titles. Even if you may have forgotten it after our brief encounter, I did introduce myself again to your comrades."

Mulazim took a breath. He couldn't keep doing this, couldn't keep letting the past crop up especially now that he had learnt Rana was an Heir. He had set off on this journey to help the Heirs, believing their success would be the path to leading to him being able to be with Zaina. If that meant working with Rana, despite the echoes of his former feelings, and her apparent method of dealing with him being to treat him like a palace servant, well...For Zaina he would do that.

His expression became more professional and business-like as he recalled everything that had been said about the temple thus far, and the various plans to get inside. Personally, he was in favour of a diversion, but additional information would not go amiss either. "Ambassador Al Motallebzadeh, where were you planning to gather this information you mentioned?"
__________________
Heading into crazy season at work - posting may be slowed until middle-December.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 7,599
RanaRana could definitely feel the attention turned upon her and the silence of her fellows. She let out a sigh in response to Mulazim. Perhaps she was a touch too harsh considering the scale of the situation they were in, he appeared as an ally and the past was in the past. She leaned upon one arm of the chair she was seated in and began, "Very well, Mulazim." She looked aside, there were no hues coloring her cheeks, but she did seem somewhat embarrassed to have his name crossing her lips once more.

To get comfortable, she crossed one leg over the other, turning Mulazim's pointed question into an answer for the whole party, "I will do as I do best. Stay safe, monitor gossip in the palace as I am uncertain if we can trust the palace as a whole, and arrange for Madara to finish what investigtion was started this morning at the temple. With luck the corpses are still present and nobody noticed. I do not wish to hear about how the temple of the Greatest, Al-Zuna, had become a fortress of the Legion."

 
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-05-2019, 08:18 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 24,202
Currently
Date 4th of Elystryëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Noon
Weather Outside -4 degres C., Snow Flurry

A new party of heroes- " Fair enough, we can make a diversion. " She adds after Pacho who somehow seems to have some degrees of influence on the princess warrior. - " Let's have it your way, but as far I'm concerned we just delay the inevitable, my brethren of the Xydanyël clergy are never going to stop unless they get that punch in the face. " She listens to the Gudrunold man and lifts an eyebrow when he mentioned the legion are sons and daughters of good people. - " You do know they were just about to kill all of you right? They are traitors interfering with the Empress' will and attacked a major temple of the imperial city. For once I would agree with Tatsuo, there's only one punishment possible. Death. " Elizabeth stops to be enthusiastic when they convinced Aurelia to don't just attack the legion directly. - " Many commoners saw the dead bodies and were running away like chickens without a head screaming. By now the guards probably know what's going on. It's already been a half hour at least, the authorities are slow, but not frozen in stone either. "


 

 
__________________
Drowning at the office and business trip. Expect very slow response until Friday Nov 22th.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-06-2019, 10:22 AM
gotha's Avatar
gotha gotha is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Posts: 1,740
Pacho"and when the time comes your highness we shall deliver it swift and devastatingly so that Xydanyel will look down in shame at her wayward children" Pacho said his postured lowered in informal respect and submission to the princess. "Plus I’m sure our friend here can cook up a just punishment for their foul deeds" Pacho said motioning towards Dante.

"I do agree I feel the time has past for such a distraction." Pacho said resting his chin in fist as he thought. "Any ruse should take advantage as they attempt to cover their tracks. This is not a mission they can give up and they are as constrained by time as we. "

"My suggested would be to use Empress quarters as a home base. From there we can prepare in safety and then tonight venture in under cover of night" Pacho said looking around at the group for approval or disapproval of his suggestion.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-06-2019, 10:22 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,185
Dante This.

This was why Dante was trained to work alone.

Some many personalities, so many idea, and no one agreeing to anything. It was giving Dante a headache.

Then the question of their identities is answered in spades.

So much for that. I hope she’s better at ambassadorship than she is at keeping secrets.

The legion had proven its reach and fanatical devotion to its own cause – any of these newcomers could have just as easily been planted for an opportunity like this and now they were all together at one table.

No point crying over spilt milk, I suppose.

Dante sat quietly drinking his tea.

People will ask questions if a large group is seen coming and going from the Empress’ personal chateau. We already know that the imperial capital is as leaky as a slotted spoon. We should continue staying at a nondescript inn, don’t you think – moving around the city trying to blend in. If they don’t already know we’re actively on the hunt they will soon enough. We should lay low, wander about – purchase anything we may require, and strike – if that is still the approach we wish to take.
 
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Can you Handle the Madness? Madness in the Weird West: Call of Cthulhu
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Physically well, all caught up.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Sirviantis's Avatar
Sirviantis Sirviantis is offline
Master of Madness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 3842
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Posts: 2,266
The wiseman was a bit disappointed by the choices of his comrads, but couldn't fault them for their choices. The legion would be fighting to kill, and the heirs wouldn't let morality come in the way of their strikes. An understandable loss, but a loss nonetheless. Before long the dwarf blew out another cloud of smoke, this time uninspired in shape and straight upwards, from the length of it one could read his dissapointment. Short and stout the smoke was, just as he. But however reluctant, the man admitted defeat: "Very well, I simply believe there's some measure of sanctity in life. Possibility for change, betterment. But I concede, You can kill them and I won't stand in your way. Though I will try and find ways around them."

After rubbing his chin for a while, hoping for a more peacefull way of entering the temple, Gudrun shared his findings: "Do you have any guards or priests you trust? Perhaps we could send them in to investigate the corpses. The legion of steel allready knows of us three being after the sceptre, and presumably you lot as well, so we've nothing to lose. And we should be able to trust them to occupy the legion for a while. Either that or they'd still be busy hiding their dead. Worst case scenario is..."

At this point the man stopped for a moment, and finished his sentence only with a blue look: "Regretable, but unlikely."

 
__________________
Illeryces & Larvamada- Failed artist & Pe(s)t - Troggun- Wannabe Warrior - Father & Cordyceps- Anachronism & Mindf*ck - Gudrun & Bulvor- Wise old man & not a bear
If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-10-2019, 12:36 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 24,202
Currently
Date 4th of Elystryëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Noon
Weather Outside -4 degres C., Snow Flurry

A new party of heroesThe young lady with platinum hair nods to the wise dwarf. - " I can make sure the guards investigate, if they are not already on site. I will take care of that right now unless somebody object. " Aurelia has only little to add. - " I don't think the guards will let us in the Empress' quarters again, we already stretched our luck. This inn is acceptable, we should get rooms. Let's meet in front of the establishment late tonight when the moons are high, I will make sure everybody wake up. I suggest nobody attempts individual actions until then, we are a target. "


 

 
__________________
Drowning at the office and business trip. Expect very slow response until Friday Nov 22th.

Last edited by MoonZar; 11-10-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-10-2019, 02:40 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 7,599
Rana"Are you certain we should be staying in this place? Certainly few places in the world are worthy of trust, but isn't this establishment rather accessible?" Rana asks, crossing her arms, currently unaware of Dante's worries that she had provided any substantial leaking that the Legion had long been aware of. Not to mention of course that these men were dying and bound as prisoners held by the legion.

Glancing at Aurelia, the one with the hourglass figure that was born with a golden spoon in her mouth and Elizabeth, a woman more skilled at being a temptress than herself, she looks back at Dante to rebuff his advice, "I believe by nature of existence, or personage had long failed to meet the standard for fitting in as anything more than some party of storytale heroes." She then sighs and crosses her arms, "I shall, however, take this advice if I am alone in my objections...I simply hope we do not awaken to find another one of us Not a euphenism, more of a description of bleeding out...from experienceleaking crimson upon our sheets. Though it is only until night that we must leave...do set whatever traps or alarms you can muster."

 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:53 AM
MoonZar's Avatar
MoonZar MoonZar is offline
Zar Campaign World
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Posts: 24,202
Currently
Date 4th of Elystryëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Noon
Weather Outside -4 degres C., Snow Flurry

A new party of heroes- " Nothing is certain at this point Lady Rana, yet I don't have the intention to hide in a barn or something. Let them come. It's not ideal, but the place is defendable with only two entries. I also noticed that the doors are unusually thick and most of the staff sounds like warriors of some kind. " She stares in the direction of Dante. - " Your... friends right? That been said, if you are staying Lady Rana, I can share a room with you. There's probably not enough single bedroom for everybody anyway. Maybe we should pair up. "


 

 
__________________
Drowning at the office and business trip. Expect very slow response until Friday Nov 22th.

Last edited by MoonZar; 11-10-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:10 PM
wodine's Avatar
wodine wodine is online now
The Lord of Gifts
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-19-2019
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Posts: 10,185
Dante It is run by monks. Some are skillful warriors, others devout healers, and others still are adepts at the lost art of throat singing which hails from the high mounts of Yuukan. Look around. There are none here who are not known by the monks who work here. I doubt you would be able to find any such place as subtle or serene as this.

Dante answers the question put to him, and simply stares at Rana. I’m sorry if this isn’t the castle for your storybook; but I believe it is safe – as safe as anywhere we’re likely to find.

Dante rises from the table, Are we finished? I wish to meditate before the sun goes down.
 
__________________
For the Imperial Griffon! The Founding
Can you Handle the Madness? Madness in the Weird West: Call of Cthulhu
Like Star Trek? Read Episode 1; Shadows in a Cloud
Physically well, all caught up.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB