RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Open Roleplaying > Iron DM Stadium > Iron DM 2019
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 05:12 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23415
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Round 2; Match 2: Atua vs Drager

Round 2; Match 2: Atua vs Drager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 'Honorable' Chairman
right-aligned image
Green. Everywhere green. As far as the contestants can see, green nothingness stretches out. They can't remember how they got here, either. A moment ago they were enjoying their victory in the previous arena. Then things go blank, until they found themselves here, in this...greenness, which stretches on forever. And yet, somehow, despite the green void in all directions clearly being endless, there appear to be obsidian stands beyond the nothingness once again. Any steps taken towards them, however, just seem to move the stands back by exactly that much, and so they never grow closer, or farther away.

Here you will battle in the green nothingness, under the watchful eyes of of the great and honorable judges:
  • Melchior
  • Bhelogan
  • Sassafrass
Gesturing to two heaping tables with his staff, the Chairman proclaims: As has happened many times before, and must happen again, you will now face off against each other! Only by using the following five ingredients,
  • A Miniature Tarrasque
  • An Eleven-Fingered Blacksmith
  • Anywhere but Here
  • Playground Equipment
  • The Treasure is More than Mere Gold or Jewels
and crafting an adventure with your own talents, can you hope to survive! One of you will be fortunate enough to be eliminated, a reprieve you each will treasure by the time your time here is done. The other will be forced to advance to the semi-finals!

Let the Dungeon Mastering....BEGIN!!
Rules
  • You are to write an adventure using the five items / concepts above. All rules found here are to be followed.
  • The guidelines for the Judges' scoring can be found here.
  • The entry is to be no longer than 2000 words, which includes *everything* you put into the post. Judges are instructed to stop reading at that time, or to deduct points if you go over. The use of a spell check and word counter is highly recommended.
  • Please make a simple post in this thread when you first read it, to let the judges know have seen it, and that you are on board. It doesn't have to be anything more than "read!", or something like that, though roleplaying it is also perfectly acceptable! Do not edit this post after making it; when it comes time to post your entry, do that in a second, separate post.
  • You have 7 days from the time this post is made to complete and submit your entry (in a new post; don't edit your first post!). It is not expected that you use all this time - the extra time has been given to ensure that, no matter what your timezone, your schedule, your sleep habits, your work or student life, or emergencies that could crop up, you should have ample time to complete your entry. Posting when you are done, and not waiting until the end, is also recommended, and rewarded.
  • You should post your entry into this thread within the generous timeframe, and ensure it is secreted (to the above judges) and spoilerbuttoned. Feel free to also PM your judges to let them know you have posted, if you wish. (DO NOT PM them your entry - just let them know your entry is submitted). If your post is not made within the 7 days, you will be automatically disqualified. If you have issues, be sure to PM Inem *before* your round is closed.
  • Once posted, do not edit your entry. The use of the "preview" function is thus also highly recommended.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua
Atua places his creation on the table gently, hoping it would not topple and shatter into a million pieces.

“Judges, please be gentle when you examine this, it is very fragile and the slightest breeze could destroy the façade, er, I mean appearance.”

He then waits, and hopes. The judges take their time, tsking at that, nodding at other things. Strangely, one of the announced judges at the start of this round is not to be found, which worries Atua greatly.

The judges then leave and all that is left is a hushed silence, like a large crowd collectively holding their breath. Atua gives a thumbs up to Imveros and Umber, trying to remain confident, but the turmoil within is almost unbearable. Then the penny drops… Oh crumbs, I need to go to the toilet don’t I. The bladder feels like one sudden movement, and Atua will be needing a new set of pants, so slowly, ever so slowly, Atua makes for a spot in the arena that looks most likely to contain a toilet.

Unfortunately, before he goes but 5 steps, the Chairman appears Or was he here the whole time?

Then everything happens at a blistering speed. The Chairman announces the winners and Atua winces when he sees Silent Rain and Wyrom being pulled down into Chairman knows where. They may have been the lucky ones though, as what happens to Umber is horrific, leaving only himself and Imveros.

Atua raises his and and waves a congratulatory wave and begins “Well done Imveros, good luck in the next roun…..” and then there is nothing but green. A green so … green, you could swear you were in the leaf, or toxic sludge, or something. Atua looks around to see another weary competitor, almost recognisable, but that couldn’t be.

“Um, hello. My name is Atua. I hope you came here willingly, but who wouldn't I guess.” and Atua laughs nervously. “Look, it seems that Green is the new Black here, so let's look the other way and focus on what truly is important.” At this moment the stomach muscles ache and Atua continues “The toilets, right, that is the most important thing.” He giggles a bit, then sighs “I guess not, the ingredients are the most important here.” At that, Atua walks up to the table and examines the ingredients. When he studies the miniature Tarrasque it snaps at him and takes out a small bit of flesh. “Ouch! This thing bit me! What the heck are you doing bringing in ingredients like this. It is uncalled for. You will be hearing from my lawyers!”

Stopping, Atua and thinks for a minute. Yeah right lawyers… Hah, good one Atua. He then wanders over and begins his crafting, for the moment all thoughts of bodily functions forgotten.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 882
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
The dwarf tinkers and coaxes and fusses for quite some time and, eventually, stops. Whether satisfied or not it's hard to tell beneath the beard, but at least he appears to have finished. The judges arrive at his workstation and pour over the hairy armoured character's creation, inspecting every facet. One dislikes one feature, one another, the third simply declares that the Dwarf didn't know what he was doing and hadn't really listened. After standing quietly during their feedback, the dwarf grunts and nods. "Quite right, not fit for a beardling. Don't know what I was thinking." he says.

As he goes to smash the offending creation, the head judge appears, distracting him from his project of dismantling the faulty assemblage. A few short sentences follow and several of the other challengers, including the only one of sensible height, are rendered incapable of continuing. "Well, that's something..." Drager begins to say before being enveloped in an eternity of emerald. Cocking his head to the side, he blows out through his nose ruffling his whiskers and hears the familiar sound of an overly talkative individual. Turning towards him Drager bows his head slightly and returns "Drager." in a blunt, but polite, tone, before heading over to review the ingredients, pulling on a thick pair of gloves and shaking his head as the other competitor gets bitten. "Let's have about it then."
Old 11-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 882
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager

Last edited by Inem; 11-10-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Revealing Entry!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua Atua

Last edited by Inem; 11-10-2019 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Revealing Entry!
Old Yesterday, 09:08 PM
Mysterious Teenager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29318
Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior Melchior
Old Today, 03:03 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19672
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan