RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-07-2019, 05:49 AM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7157
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
I think my application is complete unless I missed something.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13000
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Just as a notice to everyone: I don't typically get online on Fridays. That's "social life night" around here.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3139
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Thanks for the heads-up, and have fun !
Old 11-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1473
TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester TheJester
Application
right-aligned image

Name: DB-47

Species: Droid

Class: Ace (Pilot)

Motivation: To assist the Rebellion in defeating the Empire, as this was the last command of DB-47’s owner. (Quest)

Duty: Space Superiority: DB-47 dreams of flying the most advanced Starfighters in the galaxy and pitting itself against the most elite Imperial flyers.

Personality:
DB-47 is a droid, and as such has a flat personality that states facts more than opinions. However, it has begun to exhibit signs of a more eccentric personality as a result of its extended dealings with Gort, its deceased owner. DB-47 calculates probabilities and information at a rate much faster than any sentient being, as a computer, and with very little regard for personal feelings its auditory responses can often come off as sarcastic. DB-47 shows an irrational care and concern for the rights and protection of the downtrodden and innocent, perhaps as a result of its own status as a droid in the Empire.

DB-47 sees itself as an independent droid, free of ownership and thus free to make its own choices. DB-47 functionally ignores the fact that it has an active restraining bolt coded with its last master’s final commands.

Goals:
DB-47’s initial goal is to connect with the Rebellion on Agsalia, and from there do what it can to become a pilot and use its skills to assist in destroying the Empire.

More personally, DB-47 would like to do enough that it’s designation is as well-known as some of the famous droids in the galaxy. Hopefully if it accomplishes this goal, it can find freedom and not be constantly calculating the high probability that someone was going to scrap it for parts or try to assign it a much more menial task than destroying the Empire. DB-47 believes that it needs to better itself through mechanical upgrades, especially some of the more ancient elements of its frame. As a result of this, DB-47 is constantly on the lookout for new pieces and parts it can use to upgrade itself.

DB-47 has a secondary goal of ‘liberating’ any droids it comes across that it feels have computationally ‘evolved’ to the point that they should be independent, like DB-47. DB-47 will not put any of its other goals at risk for these other droids freedom, but if it does not hinder its other goals, it will seek to fulfill this goal.

Background:
DB-47 began its life as a DUM style pit droid on a speeder racing circuit. After decades of faithfully working on speeders, a mechanical failure caused one of the speeders to ricochet off of the course into the crowd, causing the death of several bystanders, and DB-47’s entire pit crew was scrapped as a result. Scheduled for deletion and disassembly, DB-47 was stolen by a smuggler as a part of a junkyard scam and sold to a small pirating company operating in the outer rim.

DB-47 was retrofitted as a mechanic to work on the pirates’ ship, The Ewok Bucket. During a failed raid, DB-47 crashed with the rest of the ship on the backwater planet Tattooine, where it was scavenged and fixed up by a Jawa caravan. These Jawas fixed DB-47 by cobbling together his parts onto the chassis of an ancient astromech droid, and then resold him as an ‘upgraded’ astromech droid with mechanic ability. DB-47 was purchased by Gort, a Trandoshan slicer with dreams of joining the rebellion.

Gort was less than pleased to discover that DB-47 had little to no piloting or astronavigational ability, but it wasn’t very challenging for Gort to install and upgrade DB-47 with these capabilities, so he did. Gort also affixed a custom built restraining bolt to DB-47 that allowed the droid independent thought and action, or so it thought. The restraining bolt was modified to be ignored by the droid but still shape and control its behaviors.

DB-47 and Gort began a strange relationship of near equals, the droid growing an almost personality as Gort chose not to perform any routine memory wipes and was constantly tinkering with DB-47’s programming. DB-47 took to its new life as a pilot and navigational droid with gusto, focusing on constantly bettering its piloting ability. Gort was very amused to discover that the droid had also installed a set of combat subroutines and cobbled a spare blaster into its chassis, and he dubbed DB-47 as his co-pilot and eventual co-Rebel.

Upon finally finding a connection to the Rebellion to join up, Gort took DB-47 and they blasted off towards Agsalia, a small planet with rumored connections to the Rebellion. Unfortunately for Gort, the situation upon landing on the planet was less than ideal. He was quickly apprehended as a rebel sympathizer and killed by the Imperial outpost. However, before he was arrested, Gort uploaded a new set of instructions to DB-47’s restraining bolt, instructing the little droid to join the Rebellion and do what Gort could not.

Edit: And that is complete I believe! Thanks for considering me!

Last edited by TheJester; 11-08-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Iiii totally forgot I put my interest in this...
Old 11-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2831
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommanderVong View Post
Considering your username, thatís pretty ironic, lol.

I have taken the Oath!
Old 11-09-2019, 03:13 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCommanderVong View Post
You really know how to make a GM feel special, don't you?

Applications are closed.

Thank you all so far much for your time and effort in applying. I'll be inviting those players that I'd like to see join the Rebellion momentarily. And I'll be working on expanding the game thread with some appropriate material today as well. Please standby for further instructions.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:40 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
The following players are welcome to join the game: (Follow this link to the game forum.)

Astra, playing Michala Cral
Superstrength79, playing Koyi Cholakk
Runetide, playing Levin Vortess
TheJester, playing DB-47
CharlesM, playing Prechuusk Varrut
Old 11-09-2019, 03:52 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7157
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Congrats guys, may the force be with you!
Old 11-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2831
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Congratulations folks!

I have taken the Oath!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:32 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 198
StarCommanderVong StarCommanderVong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touketsu View Post
Considering your username, thatís pretty ironic, lol.
Nah, it'd only be ironic if this was a Battletech game.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Congratulations !
Old 01-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Additional players needed!To all would-be rebels:

The game is open to applicants once again. Due to real-life concerns, 3 of our players had to drop out and we could use some brave souls to help fight the Empire. I'm looking for 2 to 3 to join the struggle. Please look at the first post in this thread for more information.

The game thread can be found here, if you're interested in checking it out.

Last edited by girlplay; 01-18-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hey girlplay, sorry to hear you've lost some players! Would you mind if I submitted another character?

Please note, this is very much a work in progress- the character sheet is pretty much complete, but I need to expand on his background a lot (basically these are some quick notes I jotted down- I'll have more time to expand on them tomorrow!)

Application's done !

Jamno Fal
Background: Born thirty years before the Republic's fall, Jamno Fal has been employed as a bounty hunter for most of his adult life. Back then, when the galaxy was ruled by a senate, rather than a tyrannical emperor, people still looked up to bounty hunters with respect. Members of the bounty hunter's guild worked within the law to apprehend villains- each and every contract approved by the guild, which itself was monitored by the senate. Their creed was to track down and capture those beyond the Republic's limited reach, and while there had always been exceptions, most of Jamno's colleagues had held themselves to a high standard based on both professionalism and honour. Indeed, while the contracts were issued by private clients, Jamno liked to think that he was, in essence, doing the Republic's work, taking down criminals the authorities couldn't touch.

That all changed when a senator from Naboo rose to prominence during the Clone wars, claiming ever more power until, one day, he proclaimed the fall of the Republic, and the rise of the Galactic Empire. While corruption had existed before, it seemed that, seemingly overnight, only those who supported the Empire still had the wealth to place a contract. Gone was the oversight from the Republic- the Empire was more interested in who was targeted, rather than how the bounty hunters went about their business. Honour fell by the wayside, and with heavy heart, Jamno saw his former colleagues gradually being replaced with common thugs.

Jamno remained employed for a few more years, growing ever more bitter while trying to navigate the increasingly vile waters of his once noble profession. To his shame, the Duros' morals began to bend, yet before they broke entirely, Jamno quit. He refused to continue working as what he perceived to be a hired gun for the Empire. And so, the Duros retired from the guild in disgust of what it had become. Retirement was hardly the end for Jamno's career, however- travelling from planet to planet, the Duros took small jobs issued by local authorities, hunting down true criminals- and the occasional Imperial sycophant- once more. Doing these jobs was a sort of penance for the beleaguered bounty hunter, a way for him to regain his honour. Indeed, for the first time in years, Jamno felt pride at his accomplishments again, secure in the knowledge that those he took down actually deserved their fate.

In time, Jamno unwittingly performed a contract for an Alliance operative. This was the start of a new life for the Duros- soon after, his employer invited him to join the rebellion, a cause the old bounty hunter took to heart immediately. Here, he thought he had the chance to redeem himself, to help overthrow the Empire, and to see his profession restored to its former glory...

Motivation: Thinking back to the good old days, Jamno sees a clear distinction between the days of the Republic, and the days after its fall. In short, he feels that, with the fall of the Republic, everything deteriorated, not just his own profession. The growing oppression, the ridiculous increase in regulations on trade, and, of course, the Empire's tendency to put humans before all others all contributed to Jamno's loathing for the Empire. Conversely, he looks back on the Republic with ever greater fondness, forgetting more and more of its flaws every day. As such, what motivates him is this dream of a Republic restored.

Jamno realizes that bringing about the Empire's fall and seeing a return to the Republic may be a lofty, perhaps naive goal, but any steps towards securing that future are worth taking. Even if the Republic is gone, its ideals of democracy and equality for all are causes worth fighting for. If he can make life a little easier for the people living under the Empire's oppression, even just a little, then it'll all be worth it.

Personality: Almost fifty years old, Jamno's attitude is that of someone who has seen it all before. Jaded, sometimes downright cranky, the Duros nonetheless has a strong sense of justice. While usually quite sure of himself, he sometimes gets very quiet, remembering acts he did during his time as an Imperial bounty hunter- contracts he was not proud to fulfil, haunting him to this day. When not lost to these bouts of melancholy, however, Jamno exudes an aura of confidence in both his skills and his motives.

Goals: Jamno misses the days of the Republic, when he was fulfilling contracts on a much grander scale than he does now. His official retirement and the very local nature of the jobs are a far cry from the galaxy spanning hunts of the past. Jamno would very much like to see the bounty hunter's guild return to those days. Realizing that change won't happen while the Empire is in charge, Jamno will work towards limiting the Empire's power every way he can.

Personally, Jamno is looking for allies to work with- getting a small, motivated team together to work with. The life of a bounty hunter is often lonely, and without a network of bounty hunters to fall back on, Jamno longs for comraderie. Since he is also getting older, he is looking for someone to take under his wing- someone to impart his knowledge and experience on.

Duty: Personnel. Jamno's skills are suited for more than just bringing in enemy targets- they also allow him to protect others. The Alliance is starved for numbers, and any losses are felt harshly. Protecting those few who risk their lives to ensure the Empire's downfall is a goal Jamno feels is worth striving for, and as a result, he takes any loss of life on his watch very personal.

Last edited by DemonSlayer; 01-22-2020 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:53 PM
Good girl by day.

Tools
User Statistics
Hi DS. Thanks for the continued interest. And, yes, of course you can apply. My first glance over your character leaves me with a generally positive impression. I'll see what applications I get over the next week or so, and then invite players.