RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 486
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
does "Code AGainst Killing" include drawing blood or breaking bones? the stone daggers could be stone chunks.. its more the idea of causes bits of rock to launch itself from the ground at a target
You're still allowed to harm people. You just can't kill them.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1828
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirviantis View Post
Sorry for being quiet, I've been thinking about whether or not to apply with a concept I've done before and that's kept me busy. Then there's also the fact that I study chemistry and me knowing more about what I could do than the DM might become a problem. Eventually I've decided to let you decide.

First is the chemistry oriented character, who'll turn molecules into different molecules to wreak havoc on pandimensional no-tech soldierboys. Exploding the air around his enemies and skewering them on glass shard spears and dousing them in acid are only the most basic things he can do. Depending on what he's got on hand he could probably engineer himself out of any situation.

The second is a weapon enchanter/improvised weapon expert. He'd slam his foot down on the ground, and explode it beneath him and sending debris flying around to then magnetise the rubble and throw it. Boom, instant artilery! Also, who needs utility when you've got fireball?
I guess I think the first sounds like the best option, however the relative inexperience of being young, first generation super heroes is a big part of the feel about the game, so please plan on starting out more with the basics and working up to advanced power applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
does "Code AGainst Killing" include drawing blood or breaking bones? the stone daggers could be stone chunks.. its more the idea of causes bits of rock to launch itself from the ground at a target
That should work, it's a thematic thing about being the good guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
You're still allowed to harm people. You just can't kill them.
Right be good.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:49 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25
Phantom Mouse
Sorry

Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I took a class on how to butcher a pig and that took quite a bit of work.

As to Ravage, the version looks very good. If I have your approval, you have mine.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:35 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9
Elder
Tensile is ready for action!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Mouse View Post
Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I took a class on how to butcher a pig and that took quite a bit of work.

As to Ravage, the version looks very good. If I have your approval, you have mine.

Butchering is a good skill to have; we spent a couple of weeks on it when I was at culinary arts school.. have the finger scars to prove it! :o
Old 11-07-2019, 06:30 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9
Elder
So, now what happens?
Old 11-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder View Post
So, now what happens?
Okay! Your story thread is up! https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...22#post8571222
Old 11-09-2019, 06:36 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25
Phantom Mouse
Am I fully approved?
Old 11-10-2019, 02:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Mouse View Post
Am I fully approved?
Yes, you absolutely are! I just needed to get your story thread going.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Murdoch
Are you still looking for players? I have a couple of ideas for characters, the one I would prefer would be able to reflect attacks by opening small, inter-dimensional portals. This would work against range and melee attacks. He would be able to do a few other things with the portals, but he would be unable to use the portals for any sort of travel and he would not be able to go to the small, pocket dimension the portals use.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
Are you still looking for players? I have a couple of ideas for characters, the one I would prefer would be able to reflect attacks by opening small, inter-dimensional portals. This would work against range and melee attacks. He would be able to do a few other things with the portals, but he would be unable to use the portals for any sort of travel and he would not be able to go to the small, pocket dimension the portals use.
Interesting! Yes, still open to new players!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I made up the character with the fourth edition book, because that is what I have and I figured it would be a place to start while waiting fo rthe 6th edition book to arrive. However, in order to make it work I was probably going to have to use an energy control because missile deflection is very expensive. I should get the book by the end of the week so I should be able to get a character made up this weekend. Here are the powers I want, in case you have some suggestion about how to go about it.

Missile deflection/Reflection
My character would be named Void and his body would act as a portal to a pocket dimension. Any attack that hits him could be sent to the other dimension and return through a second portal. Ideally this would also work with melee attacks as well. Obviously, Void would have to be aware of the attack and be able to activate the portal. He would be able to channel the energy of the pocket dimension for an energy blast and a ranged killing attack. The RKA would only work on inanimate objects. He would basically open a portal through them and then close it, disrupting the matter. I was also hoping to be able to send things through his body to the other dimension. This would also only work on inanimate objects, his body would be the portal, so they would have to be small enough to pass through him, and he could bring them back as well. I might just have to work out a number of limitations for these powers to make the numbers work, but any suggestions are welcome
Old 11-13-2019, 01:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, that is interesting and doable, just please bear in mind that the PCs are relatively inexperienced teenagers please!

Also, apologies to all for slow posting! I have family visiting from out of state for a month and work is super busy this week! I expect to get caught up this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdoch View Post
I made up the character with the fourth edition book, because that is what I have and I figured it would be a place to start while waiting fo rthe 6th edition book to arrive. However, in order to make it work I was probably going to have to use an energy control because missile deflection is very expensive. I should get the book by the end of the week so I should be able to get a character made up this weekend. Here are the powers I want, in case you have some suggestion about how to go about it.

Missile deflection/Reflection
My character would be named Void and his body would act as a portal to a pocket dimension. Any attack that hits him could be sent to the other dimension and return through a second portal. Ideally this would also work with melee attacks as well. Obviously, Void would have to be aware of the attack and be able to activate the portal. He would be able to channel the energy of the pocket dimension for an energy blast and a ranged killing attack. The RKA would only work on inanimate objects. He would basically open a portal through them and then close it, disrupting the matter. I was also hoping to be able to send things through his body to the other dimension. This would also only work on inanimate objects, his body would be the portal, so they would have to be small enough to pass through him, and he could bring them back as well. I might just have to work out a number of limitations for these powers to make the numbers work, but any suggestions are welcome
Old 11-13-2019, 04:53 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I am sure it will just be a matter of making the math work. Looking at the other characters I think there are definitely enough changes that I will need to wait until I get the 6th edition to work out the details. Amazon said it will arrive on Friday, so I should have something to you this weekend. In the meantime, my character background is below.

Name: Trent Anderson
Hero name: Void

Trent spent his childhood in the suburbs in a middle class family. When he was 10 a fist sized black spot appeared on his stomach. He was scared at first, but he found that he could put his hand inside the spot and then he found that he could put small items inside and get them back whenever he wanted. He was excited about this interesting ability, but he also knew he needed to keep it a secret, which he managed to do until he was 14 and in the 8th grade. At that point the spot began to grow rapidly. Within a couple of weeks it covered his entire torso and he knew he couldnít hide it any longer, so he showed his parents. Both of them freaked out when they saw what he could do, calling him a freak and a monster. Devastated by how his parents turned against him, Trent ran away. Having no where to go, he ended up living on the streets in the city.

Trent quickly found out that there was almost always someone bigger than him who was willing to beat him up and take his stuff. He was desperate to hide his condition, so he never used his abilities when this happened, so he had to learn how to fight to defend himself. However, less than a year after he left home the pitch black color covered his entire body, so he started going out only at night. Also, when the color moved to his head, all of his hair fell out. He did find that his ability to portal things through his body made it easier to steal food and clothes.

After he had been on the street for a year Trent decided he needed to explore the full range of his powers. He started spending time in an abandoned warehouse because it gave him the privacy he needed to practice. It was during this time he found he could open portals away from his body and use them to damage things. He sent a watch through his body and found out that time passes at the same rate in the other dimension as it does in ours. Trent has never spoken to his parents after running away, but he does sometimes watch them from afar. Sometimes he is sad, but mostly he is still mad at his parents. When he found out he could disrupt matter he used that ability to cut their car in half lengthwise, which he found incredibly satisfying.

When Trent was 16 he decided there must be more to life than just hiding from everyone, so he decided to use his powers to help the homeless people and others living in the area. One night he was walking by Chetís garage when he heard a crash and a yell of pain come from inside. When he went inside he saw a middle aged African American man trapped under a car because a jack had slipped. Trent used several portals to cut the car off of the man. Miraculously, the man was not hurt badly because he had another jack that caught a good amount the carís weight. The man he saved was Chet, the owner of the garage. Chet stared at Void for a little bit, but his appearance did not seem to bother the older man. While he was understandably upset that his customerís car was now in pieces, and he had no idea how to explain that, he did realize Trent has saved his life. Chet asked if there was anything he could give Trent in thanks and Trent pointed to an old motorcycle in the corner. Chet said it didnít work, but he would be happy to teach Trent how to fix it and then teach him how to ride it. This was the start of a good friendship and Chet has become a father figure to Trent. Not only did Chet teach Trent how to fix motorcycles, he is also teaching him to work on cars.

Trent began to wander the streets at night, preventing whatever crimes he could. It is not uncommon for the homeless to be victimized by others and Trent as able to break up quite a few assaults. He also decided he needed to do more, so he became kind of a one man crime spree. He began breaking into warehouses and distribution centers every couple of months and stealing several tons of food and basic medical supplies. He would wear black jeans, a black shirt, and a ball cap so he could kind of hide his identity. He would give away everything he took and only steal more when it ran out. He would also try to steal from different places whenever possible because he wanted to attract as little attention as possible. Given his good deeds everyone in the homeless community knows him, but he doesnít give anyone his real name or let them know where he sleeps.

Six months ago Trent heard a commotion late at night. When he went to investigate he saw two drunk men roughing up an older homeless man. As he moved to intervene there was a shout and a small figure came running out of the alley and tore into one of the men with a length of 2 x 4. As he got closer Trent could tell the small figure was a girl about his own age. She was in dirty, baggy clothes, with long, tangled brown hair and a fierce expression as she wielded the board. The man raised his hands and fell down, but that didnít save him. The girl stood over him and kept swinging. The manís friend grabbed a length of pipe from the old manís cart, shouted, and swung it at the girl. She turned around in time to see a black portal appear around the pipe, just a couple of inches from the manís hand. When the portal disappeared the pipe was cut in two, leaving the man nothing left for a weapon. The man looked around in shock, saw he was now outnumbered, and fled down the street. His friend, having recovered enough to stand up, stumbled away as well. The girl stared at Trent for a while and then they both turned to help the old man.

That is how Trent met Chloe and the two have become fast friends. Chloe is a great listener and in the six months they have known each other Trent has told her everything about himself. She is much more reluctant to reveal anything about herself. Trent knows she is on the streets because she didnít get along with her step father, but he doesnít know any details. Chloe is the only person who knows where Trent sleeps and the two of them often stay at the same place. Trent has developed feelings for her, but so far he has been too shy to say anything.
Trent has any number of useful items stored in his pocket dimension. He keeps his bedding and personal items there, some tools he uses at Chetís, food and medical supplies he has stolen to give away, and even some firearms he has taken from criminals.

Trent is 5í10Ē tall, bald, and his entire body is a pitch dark color. The only bit of color on him is his teeth, which are pearly white. Chloe says he looks like the Cheshire cat when he stands in the shadows and smiles. He wears all black, combat boots, jeans, t-shirt, and a duster he acquired, which he thinks looks cool.
Trent has developed a strong protective instinct as he watches over the homeless and poor who live in his neighborhood. While he knows stealing is wrong, he isnít willing to let that stop him from helping those in need. He has a soft spot for kids who have trouble with their parents and nothing will make him angrier than seeing an adult mistreat a child.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:28 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Murdoch
I have a good start on a character using the champions complete pdf and I have a question. My character concept is that Void has access to a pocket dimension and he can send things there and bring them back. My original thought was he would have to pass these things through his body to send them there. I would not use this on people, just inanimate objects. I am not sure how to buy this power. I am thinking it would have to be extra dimensional movement, but I think you will have to decide how this works and what it costs. Depending on how it works I might also have him be able to make a portal outside of his body.

Thanks.