twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-02-2019, 04:36 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5336
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Raada, anything in the players handbook or xanathars guide is fine. You don't need to steer clear of anything.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:09 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2700
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
So I can be the staunchly loyal - stab you in the back - over throw the king - have everyone love me...
And end up dead by the second scene?

Please count me in. I'll get an app together.

Togot, how monstrous is our new home? We talking mainly humans or a big goblin population with tieflings bakers, drow tailors and mind flayer wedding planners?

Last edited by Xalnaga; 11-03-2019 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:16 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Xelnaga, The population is 60% human, 20% dwarf and elf, 20% other. most of the other are dragon born that serve as the green dragon's guard. there aren't many goblins or kobolds in the city mostly because they are too weak to survive long and too unreliable to be utilized by any of the factions. there are a few tieflings and other creatures but no mindflayers. monstrous races are not an uncommon sight in the city, but they are mostly mercenaries or visiting on business. you won't face much discrimination for playing a half orc or drow. at least not in Roranapour
Old 11-02-2019, 09:28 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
Raada
ApplicationName: Kassan Nikos
Race: Human
Class: Warlock (The Great Old One)

Description: It is difficult to pin down Kassan’s age, with matted, stark white hair, and a greyed work-worn face, Kassan could be 35 or she could be 65. Short for a human, with a bony frame topped by a slightly hunched back, and more than tattered clothes, Kassan tends to give the appearance of an urban swamp hag. Still, she has a child-like innocence and despite the scars layered on Kassan’s face, her black eyes still shine.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Trait: The nicest word for Kassan is eccentric. The not so nice words include insane and batshit crazy, and there have been many who have used them.
Ideal: Protect the innocents. If the world starts burning, Kassan knows only 2 things; keep everyone safe and show no mercy to the people holding the matches.
Bond: Sheep. They are the true gods and must be protected at any cost.
Flaw: Kassan often lacks a grasp of the situation or at least seems to, choosing instead to meander down a different path of her own broken psyche.

Background: Urchin
Backstory: Kassan has spent many years living on the streets of Rouranapour, where she lived as one of the many destitute, out of their mind, lost souls.

Last edited by Raada; 11-10-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:02 AM
Foolish Mortal

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10779
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
right-aligned image
Name: Voorhees
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Cleric, Death domain, God: Myrkul
Alignment: LN hedging toward evil.

Background: Hermit
Trait: I've been isolated for so long that I rarely speak.
Ideal: Power ~ Solitude and contemplation are paths toward mystical or magical power.
Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Description: In his youth, Voorhees contracted the plague, but he cheated death. However, the disease had ravaged his body. His face is a hideous mess of pockmarks and scars. By his own vanity, he keeps it covered with a mask. Voorhees speaks very little and then only in a raspy whisper. His hair has turned prematurely white. In contrast to the gruesome work he does, his clothes are always neat and spotless. The holy symbol of his dark god is prominently displayed. He often carries a shield, made from bones of uncertain origin, a gift from a lizardfolk craftsman.

Backstory: When the plaque ran though the city of Jukes some years back, Voorhees nearly died. But by divine providence (or so he believes), he survived the disease, though it left him scarred and weak. The authorities pressed him into service to remove the bodies of the plague victims, to avoid others contracting the illness. And so Voorhees began his career as a bearer of the dead.

His first challenge was how to dispose of the bodies. Digging graves wasn't his thing. Voorhees discovered a tribe of lizardfolk living in the nearby swamps. Those folks would barter generously for fresh meat. The disease did not seem to bother them.

Voorhees felt the dead deserved to have the spiritual needs looked after as well. A secluded order of priests devoted to the gods of death took him into their cult. Here he learned to harness the necrotic energy of the dark god. The cultists also had uses for dead bodies, though they preferred non-diseased specimens.

Once the plague ran its course, Voorhees had to find other sources of dead bodies. This did not prove difficult in the corrupt city. There were always fresh bodies which needed disposed of. Voorhees began a partnership with the Bastards, who were happy to pay him to make the bodies of their enemies disappear.

But the Bastards had other plans for Voorhees. He was able to enter and leave the city with little or no scrutiny. The gate guards paid him little mind and did not want to catch anything. Voorhees took advantage of this by smuggling goods in and out of the city on his death cart. Now in the city of Roranapour, Voorhees wants to make similar contacts to what he had in Jukes.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:29 AM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
GNOME GNOME
Application WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Logen Daselsom
Description: His sideburns are long and tied up at the ends with pyrite rings into pony tail, his long beared reaches his belt and is braided halfway through it's lenght. His mustache is short and unkept.
He wears his blonde hair tied into pony tail by pyrite ring. His built is broad and muscular. His somewhat wide nose is slightly hooked.
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter (thug archetype in future)
Alignment: CN
Background: Criminal
Traits: I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it.
Ideal: People. I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care. (Neutral)
Bond: My ill-gotten gains go to support my family.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that.
Backstory: Logen's family come from disgraced merchant family that had to flee their hometown for the crimes they did not commit. They one of the few good and lawful poeple of Roranapour. His older brother, Todek, runs an inn called "Iron Mug" where the family lives. Logen's father died ten years ago during mugging attempt gone wrong. This devasted their mother whose health has been getting worse and worse ever since.
Logen was born here in Roranapour and never knew what his family has lost before coming here, he only saw what they can gain here. Raised by sick mother and busy brother Logen spent much time on the streets which, in a city like this, has an effect on children that turns them to crime. Logen quickly found out he is rather good at moving unseen and finding paths that nobody else knows, a perfect traits for a smuggler. His buiseness wasn't that luxurious and what little he could earn he spent on medications for his home-ridden mother that knew nothing of his son's proffesion (he told her he is a merchant, not that far from truth). Todek on the other hand knew fully well what Logen has been up to and greatly disapproves. This has caused Todek to feel bitter resentment toward his brother with little love left underneath it, considering they were still brothers above all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.png
Views:	165
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	82124  
Old 11-04-2019, 09:33 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3385
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Redeye
Race: Half Elf (Half-Drow)
Class: Fighter (with some dips into Rogue for fun)
Alignment: Neutral
Background: Charlatan

Traits: I enjoy carousing and engaging in the occasional dust-up at the local tavern. I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate. I am talented but lazy, and prefer to get others to do the heavy lifting.
Ideal: People. I help people who help me - that's what keeps us alive. (Neutral)
Bond: I owe a large amount of money to the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw: I am undisciplined and prone to drinking too much.

Description:
Redeye is a wiry, handsome young man of mixed elven heritage with pale ashen-looking skin and long jet black hair. He has bright red eyes and a well formed nose, with a strong jawline and an easy smile that seems to light up his face. His slightly pointed ears each have multiple hoop earrings in them, and his voice is as rich and smooth as velvet. His posture denotes one of noble birth, although his slightly rusted armor and stained clothing seem to indicate otherwise. A long scarlet red cloak adorns his shoulders with a brass clasp of a human eyeball attaching it around his left shoulder. A rapier hangs at his right side, and several daggers are sheathed on his left side on a thick leather belt. A slightly battered looking tankard with a crudely scrawled "R" in it has its own special leather loop to tie it to his belt.

Backstory:
Redeye doesn't like to talk too much about his background, but he comes from humble beginnings. Born to a single human mother who spent her nights working at one of the seedier inns of Jukes, Redeye learned from an early age that he was only responsible for himself. His mother was often too drunk from her nightly escapades and occasional romantic interludes to be functional until the late afternoon, so Redeye found other ways to entertain himself. He quickly learned he had a gift for gab which, combined with his good looks, helped him quickly learn that it was often easier to just get people to do things for you than to do them yourself. He began hustling and begging on the streets to earn his own coin, which he hid from his mother. Now that he was earning some coin, it was just a matter of the right clothes and the right speech (combined with a bit of makeup) and soon he was pretending to be the errand boy for multiple nobles picking up their deliveries from merchants and hustling them right over to his own basement and then selling the goods down by the docks. A nice side gig for a young entrepreneur, he thought. One of the men he conned several times was a powerful and moral-free merchant by the name of Reinus Damaskinos, an incredibly wealthy and dangerous man who decided to take some interest into finding out who kept stealing what turned out to be illegally smuggled magical items. Redeye knew no different, so he was selling these items at a fraction of the cost when to Damaskinos the total loss so far has been over 50,000 gold.

Fleecing the Bastards, however, is when Redeye's life changed. He was only about thirteen winters when he managed to smooth talk his way into a delivery that was being sent to a merchant shop, not knowing that the shop in Jukes was secretly a meeting spot for the Bastards and that what he was stealing was actually valuable magical ingredients. The Bastards easily located him but admired his initiative and grit and decided to take the young man under their wings. Redeye's mother could care less if he lived or died, so Redeye packed what few belongings he had and soon found himself in the disciplined and harsh lifestyle of a Bastard apprentice. Though he never took too kindly to the discipline and had some brushes with authority, Redeye proved to be a talented enough warrior and showed enough promise that, combined with his natural charm and wit, made him an obvious choice for Roranapour. He left town just in time, as Damaskinos discovered the false identity of Redeye (Gaston Gaucard) and only learned that the young man was a half-blood. Currently Damaskinos does not yet know that the young man who pretended to be Gaston Gaucard is now Redeye of the Bastards, but if he ever finds out Redeye may find some visitors looking for him in Roranapour.

Last edited by Grouchy; 11-05-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 423
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
Let me throw my hat into this ring.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder
Old 11-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Praiser of the Sun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 423
Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom Wyrom
The Basics
right-aligned image

Name: Barduck Ninel

Race: Forest Gnome

Class: Wizard (School of Illusion)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Background: Urchin

Trait: I ask a lot of questions

Ideal: The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down, change is the nature of things

Bond: I escaped my life of poverty by robbing an important person, and I’m wanted for it

Flaw: It’s not stealing if I need it more than someone else

The Good Stuff
Description:
Barduck is as gnomey as they come. Just breaking three feet tall. His blond hair rides unkempt atop his head and fails to cover his exceptionally long ears. If it wasn’t for his height many would mistake his face for an elves, with his quizzical light blue eyes. Though the loosely kept beard gives him away as something else. Oh, and the three feet tall thing.

To meet Barduck is to meet someone so happy in his own endeavors it quickly becomes an annoyance. He sees the opportunities life gives as blessing not to be squandered. Sometimes these opportunities are late night fireside conversations, and sometimes they are big piles of gold sitting on someone else's nightstand. Whatever they are Barduck relishes the chance to partake, even when it would be considered unwise or unnecessary. It’s this kind of thinking that’s kept him alive, though recently on the move.

Backstory:
Barduck was only eight when he woke up alone, from what the innkeeper told him his parent’s, Marissa and Ophel had packed up paid their dues and made their way out about an hour before he came down to the bar. She pointed him in the direction of the city gate and wished him luck as he darted off in search of his parents.

Hours of searching turned into a few days. And by the time those days had turned into twenty years Barduck was accustomed to stealing away into other peoples attics, sleeping short nights and practicing the spells his mother had taught him. These spells came in handy as he grew up. Though he couldn’t play an instrument he could appear to do so. So what if he couldn’t paint, he could pretend. Barduck learned that his imagination need not be restricted to his hands capabilities. These tricks of the mind kept him well fed and constantly running into the law.

Just around his forty-third birthday Barduck decided it was time to treat himself while bettering his abilities. So after night fell he found a small artificers shop and broke in, stealing himself a wand and as many books as he could carry. He was only stopped when a flash of light lit the room and near the far stairs stood a tall figure screaming at the mess the gnome had created. Barduck darted out a broken window and disappeared into the night.

The trouble the gnome was in only made itself real when his wanted posters began popping up. Near perfect images of him strewn about taverns and notice boards across Jukes. He was nearly caught a few times, and with his money no longer good at establishments Barduck realized this place was no longer a home. He began seeking some way out of the city that wouldn’t get him caught.

It was the Bastards who gave him this out. They needed work done in Roranapour, beginning a new chapter of their “guild”. Barduck was promised an easy escape from Jukes in exchange for his help establishing their expansion project. It didn’t promise to be easy, but it did promise to be free from the closing grasp of Jukes law and whomever Barduck had managed to piss off. He agreed and packed what little he had to meet with the guild and begin his departure.
Current Game:Troubles in Tarn & Running Storm King's Thunder

Last edited by Wyrom; 11-05-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3385
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
@Togot - I'm considering Redeye complete.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:06 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 190
Joria Joria
right-aligned image

Name: Typhoon.
Description: Her skin was blue since she received magic power from the storm, she has a beautiful shoulder-length hair and a matching blue eye.
Race: Tiefling (if the DM allows, I'll choose Dispater subrace)
Class: Sorcerer (storm)
Alignment: Chaotic good
Background: Sailor
trait: I never pass up a friendly wager.
Ideal: Aspiration. Someday I'll own my own ship and chart my own destiny. (Any)
Bond: Ruthless pirates murdered my captain and crewmates, plundered our ship, and left me to die. Vengeance will be mine.
Flaw: Once someone questions my courage, I never back down no matter how dangerous the situation.
Backstory: Her family was feared by many people just because they're tieflings, that's why they were always traveling from one town to another as a merchant to make a living. When the mother was pregnant, she gave birth at a port town when the storm was raging outside, that was the moment Typhoon was born. Typhoon lived her life as a merchant with her parents, slowly but surely their trader's life gotten better and Typhoon's dad got his own merchant ship. Typhoon was useful as both a navigator and a bodyguard, she would use her sorcerer abilty to protect the ship from monsters and pirates that attacked her family. She lived an honest and good life with her family.

Until one pirate came.

The flag was a dragon turtle's head, the captain's name was Arvin 'Crocked' Reed, but he wasn't drunk when he razed Typhoon's ship. The pirate killed most of the crew, including Typhoon's dad, Typhoon herself was thrown out to the sea by Arvin and left for dead. Luckily, she survived and drifted ashore. That's when she was found by one of the Bastards member, Judith. She took Typhoon to the guild when she realizes Typhoon could use some magic and offered her a place to stay. Typhoon accepted and begin living as one of the Bastards, she preferred to take port or ship related missions with the intention of looking for Arvin and get her revenge done.

Last edited by Joria; 11-08-2019 at 10:07 PM. Reason: aligning the picture to the right
Old 11-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1267
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Application of Beneth Roussoss
left-aligned image
Name: Beneth Roussoss
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Cleric (Thunder) --- Later Druid (Moon)
Patron Deity: Talos, Umberlee, Kord, Zeboim, the Devourer, or Zeus,
Stat Array: WILL RE_ROLL DICE OFFICALLY LATER --- STR16 DEX14 CON14 INT8 WIS16 CHA8
Personality Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. I don’t pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Ideal: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them
Bond: Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back.
Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying.
Background: Urban Bounty Hunter ( Relic retrievers squad )
Charming Personality &Background:

"I never know where my place is … cause everybody always tells me that I should have done things the other ways... Worst... I’m all that everybody in my family isn't.
My Dad is very Calm ... I’m not.
My Mother is Patient, I’m not.
The Mother of My Father is Sage... Ouch, fracking Not mEe!
My Mentor was intelligent! Yup, I said “was”. But maybe a little too much brain ... I argue to him many time, that you can’t always take time to think about what is the best way to do thing. Sometimes it got to explode before problem expose
Even my blood not sure which side to go cause I’m No human, Nor Ork"

"Even if I got a Charming Personality
I always said that sometimes,
To impose Silence, a Big Loud Boum must proceed
To have peace, war must be declared
To live, kill must be done"

"One of my first run’s Pal write a song about my charming personality...i’ not a good singer, but it goes like this:"

"Yeah right... SO ...Why do I go to extremes? The Answer is curiously easy ... I want to prove everyone that I CAN DO SOMETHING GOOD OF MY LIFE
But as usual... even if I SHOUT! Nobody listens to or even care.
But after that I will retrieve some artifact from the most Mystical Dungeon, THE Rappan At'Huk... nobody will pity ME again!"

Last edited by KhamLuc; 11-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Alright everyone I put a table of applications up. And for those of you who didn't notice, I added a theme song to the game at the bottom of the advertisement, so endjoy
Old 11-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1283
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
This sounds interesting.... Would the Background: Inheritor from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide be acceptable for both a background and backstory?

Last edited by voodoozombie; 11-10-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Voodoozombie, afraid I'm only allowing then core rules and xanathar's guide as sources