RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-09-2019, 01:06 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
Anima Beyond Fantasy: Tales of Gaia

Game NameAnima Beyond Fantasy: Tales of Gaia
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeSupernatural, Magic, Horror, Action & Adventures
FlavourSupernatural Warriors facing against the threats of Gaia

Plot Summary

Anima Beyond Fantasy is an RPG made by Anima Studios, project. It is a world where the Supernatural has been made evil by the Church. Where most people believe that the Supernatural is not even a thing. You are either part of the Supernatural world or at least one that dabbles in the subject. Most of the setting is Renaissance-era equivalent.

The Anima Beyond Fantasy system is infamous for being able to recreate characters from your favorite Manga, Anime (Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, One Punch Man), games (Final Fantasy, Street Fighter or Devil May Cry) or Literature due to its an in-depth system of character creation.

Creating a character is the hardest part of the game, but everything else is relatively easy.

The game will begin with the maiden voyage of the zeppelin Lady from Gabriel, your character has won a golden ticket, an opportunity to take on this extraordinary voyage.

Character generation:

-Level 1 (600 DP)
-55 points to distribute for your eight characteristics. Your characteristics must have a minimum value of 3 and no characteristic can be higher than 10.
-Appearance: You can choose your Appearance stat (Between 1 to 10).
-Choose a Race (Humans or Nephilims are the only options available)
-Use your creation points to buy advantages as usual
-Spend your DP on primary and Secondary abilities depending on your archetype choice
-Equipment your social position and country of origin influence your start-up money. As usual, the privileged social position requires the appropriate advantage.

We will be using Exxet core rulebook changes.

Domine, which are individuals who specialize in the unlocking and use of their spiritual abilities. There are 2 Domine classes Tao and Technician.

Fighter, this archetype specializes in the use of weapons and unarmed combat. There are 11 Classes that fall under Fighter. The classes are Acrobatic Warrior, Dark Paladin, Paladin, Ranger, Shadow, Tao, Warlock, Warrior, Warrior Mentalist, Warrior Summoner, and Weaponmaster.

Mystic, Mystics all deal with the supernatural realm. They can summon creatures or bend reality with spells. The 6 Mystic classes are Illusionist, Summoner, Warlock, Warrior Summoner, Wizard, and Wizard Mentalist

Prowler, Prowlers are individuals that use subterfuge and wit to accomplish their goals, preferring to avoid confrontation. The 5 prowler classes are Assassin, Illusionist, Ranger, Shadow, and Thief.

Psychic, Psychics are gifted with psychic powers. The 3 psychic classes are Mentalist, Warrior Mentalist, and Wizard Mentalist.

Novel, this is a large group of people that don’t specialize into anything specifically but take up abilities as they need them during their career. Most NPCs are Novel Characters, The only Novel class is Freelancer.

Character classes examples:

Warrior: Cloud (FFVII), Youmu (Touhou), Guts (Berserk), Escanor (Seven Deadly Sins), Diane (Seven Deadly Sins)
Acrobatic Warrior: Lisanna (Fairy Tail), Vash (Trigun), Yuffie (FFVII), Meliodas (Seven Deadly Sins)
Paladin: Ashe (FFXII)
Dark Paladin: Cecil (FFIV)
Weapon Master: Kenpachi (Bleach), He-Man
Technician: Most characters from Naruto and Bleach are this class
Tao: Yang (FFIV), Sabin (FFVI), Tifa (FFVII)
Ranger: Aragorn (Lord of the Rings), Raven (Tales of Vesperia), Balthier (FFXII)
Shadow: Rider (Fate Stay Night), Shadow (FFVI), Ban (Seven Deadly Sins)
Thief: Rikku (FFX), Arsene Lupin (Lupin III), Locke (FFVI)
Assassin: Amarant (FFIX), Rikimaru (Tenchu), Assassin creed characters
Wizard: Gandalf (Lord of the Rings), Vivi (FFIX), Lulu (FFX), Merlin (Seven Deadly Sins)
Warlock: Edge (FFIV), Terra (FFVI), Aerith (FFVII), Rinoa (FFVIII), King (Seven Deadly Sins)
Illusionist: Wizards who want to be a thief too or assassin preferring to use magic instead of knives. They don't have to focus on Illusion magic.
Wizard Mentalist: Edea (FFVIII)
Summoner: Eiko (FFIX), Dagger (FFIX), Yuna (FFX)
Warrior Summoner: Gau (FFVI)
Mentalist: Misaka Mikoto (A certain magical index), Jean Grey (X-Men), Gowther (Seven Deadly Sins)
Warrior Mentalist: Jedi and Sith from Star Wars, Sephiroth (FFVII)
Freelancer: Sam and Frodo (Lord of the Rings), Cid (FFIV)

-Supernatural Level is Medium (note it's only for character creation):

Magic

-Mystical archetype Max Initial Level 50, Path Level 50%
-Mixed archetype Max Initial Level 40, Path Level 40%
-Other archetypes Max Initial Level 10, Path Level 10%

Martial Knowledge
-Half can be used at character creation

Initial Invocations

-You need Summoning, Control and Binding at 40 to start with a bound servant (Level 1).
-You need Summoning 60 to start with an invocation of up to 3rd degree (Fool, the Magician and the Empress from the core rulebook qualifies for up to 3rd degree) you can choose pure or inversed arcana. The Fool is recommended as a starter Invocation.

Other rules:

-Learning rules are in effect as described in the various books.

Maximum Secondary abilities:

-Level 1 to 3, your ability caps at 200
-Level 4 to 6, your ability caps at 280
-Level 7 to 9, your ability caps at 320
-Level 10+, your ability caps to infinity

Ki Rules:
-Using the Unification of Ki rules, as described in Dominus Exxet.

-The cultural roots advantage double the Secondary bonuses gained from Gaia Beyond Dreams to match the bonuses from Gaia Vol II. If you take the advantage.

Creation Points: You can acquire Creation Points post character creation at level up, exchange one stat bonus for one creation point or take the stat bonus. Note, not all advantages are available past character creation.

Books Available: Officially Published Books for Anima Beyond Fantasy.

Note: Beginners and First-timers to the system are welcome.

Last edited by wodine; 11-15-2019 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Compliance, §B.1
Old 11-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
EchoE EchoE EchoE
Heya!

I’m interested in your Anima game! I kinda always wanted to play it but I could never find someone willing to run it. This would be my first time playing it. Anyway, what is the posting rate you are expecting for this campaign and what would be the deadline for the applications? Just wanted to know that info so then I’ll figure out if I can keep up with the game or not.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoE View Post
Heya!

I’m interested in your Anima game! I kinda always wanted to play it but I could never find someone willing to run it. This would be my first time playing it. Anyway, what is the posting rate you are expecting for this campaign and what would be the deadline for the applications? Just wanted to know that info so then I’ll figure out if I can keep up with the game or not.
Hey there EchoE!

I can help you make your character from scratch, first, you need a concept and we can go from there and will answer some questions pertinent to Gaia (the setting) at the same time.

Probably a reasonable 4 or 5 times a week, it definitely won't be posting multiple times a day. In some circumstances, I might post a little more (mostly because I'm the GM) but that's expected.

Not decided yet on a deadline.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-10-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EchoE EchoE EchoE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundBeggard View Post
Hey there EchoE!

I can help you make your character from scratch, first, you need a concept and we can go from there and will answer some questions pertinent to Gaia (the setting) at the same time.

Probably a reasonable 4 or 5 times a week, it definitely won't be posting multiple times a day. In some circumstances, I might post a little more (mostly because I'm the GM) but that's expected.
Cool. I'll be able to handle that. Regarding my character concept, I was thinking of a woman who lived in the slums for a significant part of their life, scraping by with pickpocketing and thievery. Eventually, she figured out that she had a knack for subterfuge. During one of her jobs, she managed to steal some kind of golden ticket to a voyage. This is the gist of what I was thinking of doing so far. If this doesn't sound appealing, I can go with another idea I had in mind.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:48 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Cool. I'll be able to handle that. Regarding my character concept, I was thinking of a woman who lived in the slums for a significant part of their life, scraping by with pickpocketing and thievery. Eventually, she figured out that she had a knack for subterfuge. During one of her jobs, she managed to steal some kind of golden ticket to a voyage. This is the gist of what I was thinking of doing so far. If this doesn't sound appealing, I can go with another idea I had in mind.
It's perfectly fine. Just a few more details we will need to round it up.

So you obviously want to go the prowler route:

Look like you might want to be a thief or a Shadow. But guessing from what you have in mind, more thief than shadow. Shadow is more combat-oriented, while the thief is more secondary abilities (or skills) oriented.

Anything special you want your character to have? Do you want to be Human or a Nephilims? (Note Nephilims are humans, they just happen to have souls of supernatural creatures in them like sylvains (elves) for example) Note that Nephilims don't know that they are Nephilims either. As far as they know, they are humans with some perks but XP penalties.

As any character in the game you get advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages range from Legacy of Blood (or special abilities you gained because of your blood or if familiar with naruto it's stuff like sharingan/bloodlines, comes with level adjustment), making you better at something, able to see in the dark, harder to kill, or maybe your character can use a psychic power naturally, artifact or maybe you just want contact or a powerful ally etc... if you aren't sure about what to choose, just give me a general idea, as every character has something special in anima. One of the best overall advantages is See the Supernatural but as you can imagine this could influence being able to see invisible things and strange creatures/magic all the time.

You can also pick up three disadvantages to get more advantages (it's optional). In general, for the disadvantages recommend minor ones, as major ones can be very penalizing.

Anyway, anything, in particular, you want your character to be special at?

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-10-2019 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:31 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58975
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
admin bump to generate some interest
Old 11-10-2019, 08:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 512
Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean Egeslean
I haven't seen anything about Anima in years. I first found out about it because of Wen-M's art he posted on DeviantArt (don't know if he does anymore, haven't looked in forever). I was never able to play a game (I'm the only person I know who enjoys Pen and Paper RPG's). Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, I cannot in good conscience apply for this game, because I know I cannot do 4-5 posts per week.

I do wish you luck in finding people for the game.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:01 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Understandable.

Thanks for the bump, while the system might seem daunting at first, it is quite a rewarding experience. There are so many ways to make a character in this game and many kinds of adventures.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:42 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
I'm interested in trying my hand at a physical powerhouse of a Tao, which will probably play well opposite EchoE's slum-savvy pickpocket. Hopefully we'll get to a high enough level that I can put that Ki and Martial Knowledge to work.
Old 11-11-2019, 03:26 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysm View Post
I'm interested in trying my hand at a physical powerhouse of a Tao, which will probably play well opposite EchoE's slum-savvy pickpocket. Hopefully we'll get to a high enough level that I can put that Ki and Martial Knowledge to work.
Alright, a physically powerful tao, many ways to go about it. Do you need assistance for character creation or you know your way around?

If you need assistance, well let's start with the basics, first, distribute 55 characteristics points to the following characteristics, 9 to 10, cost 2 points instead of 1, need a minimum of 3 in each characteristic and none of them can be above 10(at least for now or until you unlock your potential):

Strength (STR) carrying capacity and physical damage.
Dexterity (DEX) is your accuracy/ability to block
Agility (AGI) speed movement, balance, dodge
Constitution (CON) Stamina and Vitality
Intelligence (INT) reasoning, learning, and memory. Also minimum requirement for spells.
Power (POW) Grants you the ability to influence and resist the supernatural, also makes you stand out in the crowd
Willpower (WP) Mental strength, it also is used to resist and use psychic disciplines
Perception (PER) Your acuity, senses, the five senses.

brief on stats 3 represents some deficiencies and well below average, 5 is average and 10 is peak human ability.
Note physical stats caps at 11 without supernatural help, mental stats have no caps (but cannot be augmented more than 13 at character creation).

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-11-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
EchoE EchoE EchoE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfoundBeggard View Post
It's perfectly fine. Just a few more details we will need to round it up.

So you obviously want to go the prowler route:

Look like you might want to be a thief or a Shadow. But guessing from what you have in mind, more thief than shadow. Shadow is more combat-oriented, while the thief is more secondary abilities (or skills) oriented.

Anything special you want your character to have? Do you want to be Human or a Nephilims? (Note Nephilims are humans, they just happen to have souls of supernatural creatures in them like sylvains (elves) for example) Note that Nephilims don't know that they are Nephilims either. As far as they know, they are humans with some perks but XP penalties.

As any character in the game you get advantages and disadvantages:

Advantages range from Legacy of Blood (or special abilities you gained because of your blood or if familiar with naruto it's stuff like sharingan/bloodlines, comes with level adjustment), making you better at something, able to see in the dark, harder to kill, or maybe your character can use a psychic power naturally, artifact or maybe you just want contact or a powerful ally etc... if you aren't sure about what to choose, just give me a general idea, as every character has something special in anima. One of the best overall advantages is See the Supernatural but as you can imagine this could influence being able to see invisible things and strange creatures/magic all the time.

You can also pick up three disadvantages to get more advantages (it's optional). In general, for the disadvantages recommend minor ones, as major ones can be very penalizing.

Anyway, anything, in particular, you want your character to be special at?
Sorry that it took some time for me to respond back. Hm, actually I would like to be a shadow more than a thief. In my head, I was thinking that my character who fights dirty by using tricks and relying on stealth to take out her enemies. But, overall she would prefer to take people out before they ever get the chance to see her. Regarding races, I wanted my character to be human.

Also, I've been looking over the advantages and disadvantages of the core book. I was thinking that she would have some contacts or ties to some kind of underworld (if something like that exists in this setting). I'm thinking up of taking Quick Reflexes advantage as well because I want a character to be pretty fast-footed. Finally, I was considering taking the Survivor advantage (I found this in the Game Master's kit) to illustrate how she is a scrapper when it comes to survival due to her harsh living in the slums. I'll think about the disadvantages a bit more.

Anyway, I'll try to organize all of this into an application for the next time I post.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Sorry that it took some time for me to respond back. Hm, actually I would like to be a shadow more than a thief. In my head, I was thinking that my character who fights dirty by using tricks and relying on stealth to take out her enemies. But, overall she would prefer to take people out before they ever get the chance to see her. Regarding races, I wanted my character to be human.

Also, I've been looking over the advantages and disadvantages of the core book. I was thinking that she would have some contacts or ties to some kind of underworld (if something like that exists in this setting). I'm thinking up of taking Quick Reflexes advantage as well because I want a character to be pretty fast-footed. Finally, I was considering taking the Survivor advantage (I found this in the Game Master's kit) to illustrate how she is a scrapper when it comes to survival due to her harsh living in the slums. I'll think about the disadvantages a bit more.

Anyway, I'll try to organize all of this into an application for the next time I post.
Contacts advantage exist, underworld contact are worth 1 in general, a great crime lord is contact 1 as well. Contact advantages give you access to gain information or limited assistance in their sphere of influence.

You could technically increase the contact cost, making it worth 2 points, which would mean that your underworld contact would be the upper tiers/bosses of the Underworld and could offer more assistance/information.

Contacts 2 tend to encompass all the major organizations(some even secret organizations) of Gaia like Tol Rauko, Black Sun, Magus Order etc...Black Sun is worth considering due to essentially being the Supernatural merchants/sellers.

Just like the previous example, you can bump the contact to 3, which would mean for example if you chose Black Sun contact 3, will mean that you have access to some of the most influential members of Black Sun and can rely on more help/assistance.

There is another advantage kind of close to contact, but dealing with individual, and it's Powerful Ally. It is someone of a significant power and would usually go out of way to help your character. Powerful Ally 1 is roughly Elite, peak of human abilities, Powerful Ally 2 is roughly action movie heroes and Powerful Ally 3 are one-man armies. (Using combat reference but powerful ally can be powerful in other ways, like political influence)

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-11-2019 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
Quote:
Alright, a physically powerful tao, many ways to go about it.
I was thinking this too until it dawned on me that style was a measure of how cool you look and Taos gain a good chunk of it per level. At this point I don't really have an excuse to be anything shy of the living spectacle that is a masked wrestler.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysm View Post
I was thinking this too until it dawned on me that style was a measure of how cool you look and Taos gain a good chunk of it per level. At this point I don't really have an excuse to be anything shy of the living spectacle that is a masked wrestler.
Pretty much Tao are all about the fighting styles and so many different ways to become awesome. This game uses the Dominus Exxet version for the fighting style, so read them up.

For a Masked Wrestler, would suggest Grappling and probably Malla-Yuddah for some barehanded defenses against weapons. The other styles are up to you.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 136
davkerrith davkerrith
I'm interested in this game, but I am going to dive into the rulebook. I was thinking of playing some sort of spellcasting gunslinger, but I need to dig further to see what could be done along those lines.

Last edited by davkerrith; 11-12-2019 at 10:51 AM.