RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 10:45 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10997
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
You've been at a feverish pace. No worries. Loving the game so far.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover
Yeah you have been crushing it so far Whovian. RL gets in the way sometimes.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:24 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Yeah man you are slaying it. Great work so far no worries.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Good. Because this is the part of the story where things go batshit insane if you aren't expecting it.

Bluejack and Attitude have tasted it (Bluejack more so), MrK might (depending on how he plays it), Avner has it coming for him whether he likes it or not, Classic Gamer STARTED this way (but quickly became more domestic), and Tover is... not really imminent unless he takes a very particular course of action.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-23-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover
Yaaay, avoiding danger!
Old 03-25-2017, 04:10 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Next, on Arbiters: Tover and MrKinister face their biggest challenge yet: Taxes.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
If the modern corporate entities have proven anything, it is that taxes are NOT unavoidable. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 03-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
After reading the last post, I have a slight suspicion that this may go differently than I anticipated.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
I don't know what you expected from the man whose life goal seems to be to find as many metahumans as possible, recruits weird men to stalk them, and expects you to sign strange and binding contracts at the top of a hat.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:43 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
It's not Damien I am concerned about. It's the story arc's development. I am concerned about my expectations in this story. If this is the plan, to keep Phase... oh, I won't know what to call it... coerced, or enslaved, or whatever Damien can come up with to somehow gain Phase's allegiance, he's going about it the wrong way. At this point, Phase will do everything in his power to destroy this organization. Which is correct for him, since he feels that doing such things are considered anywhere from "reprehensible" to "evil". Which is not what he is about. It's not going to work out between Damien and Phase.

I have to admit that I think I made a mistake in choosing Loki as a representative. It was perhaps the wrong bend, specially for my own expectations. If this is a preview of where the story is going, and what Phase can expect from Damien (deception, entrapment, and coercion) then I have to admit I am ready to change characters and build something different. Unless you want to play the story until Phase's nigh inevitable defeat (since Damien probably has a small metahuman army he can throw at Phase).

Please let me know if I have misunderstood the premise of the game, or this character's part in it.

I think if given the opportunity, this could possibly go on for Phase, but as the representative of another Arbiter.

So far, though, I think it is an interesting story. But it may not necessarily be a story for me.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:53 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Let me clear something up:
Damien is NOT going to enslave Phase unless you give up and throw yourself at his mercy. May I recommend 'diamonding' and punching him in his smug face? He's not counting on your shapeshifting still working, and neither he nor Sly have actually seen you in diamond form. You are in a very escapable situation, especially since you have HP to reroll a couple ill-timed low dice rolls. You haven't even TRIED persuading him to stop or fighting him straight on. Notice that he is completely unaffected by the nullify. What does that tell you (assuming it's designed to nullify metahuman powers he's researched before)?

Damien and his company are, at best, a subpar recurring antagonist. All you're doing now is getting Loki's attention. Notice that Sly referred to Damien as the 'second best salesman of all time' and Damien only corrected you when you called him 'the second best salesman in the world'. They were both telling the truth, which means there's another being BETTER than Damien. (As an aside, noticing details like this will make the game more fun, but may or may not make it easier) If only there were some embodiment of trickery and panache in this universe, somebody likely to keep an eye on happenings surrounding the acknowledged best salesman in the world, looking for SOMEBODY who isn't evil and who has the guts to actually do something and not just go with the flow.

The nullify effect only extends to the room, and Damien has the controller somewhere on his person.

The current available Arbiters to you specifically are: Thor
Poseidon
Plague
Ferocus
Loki

I do not recommend changing Arbiters or characters. I do recommend not giving up the first time something bad happens to your character.

And Damien was always a bad guy. That wasn't Italian at the bottom of the contract, it was Latin, and at some point he'd ask you to sign with a DNA sample (aka your blood) in addition to your signature. I never had any intention of having you actually work for Damien, but it was still a possibility if you went with it.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-25-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I see.

I thank you for the clarification. You are absolutely correct. This was quite weak-minded of me. I'll be the first one to admit it. However, it also points out to me that I seem to have some mental health issues I will need to address first. I think I'll have a few challenging moments ahead of me.

I think it is best if I withdraw from your game altogether, despite your reassurances.

I appreciate the story so far, but it looks like it hit me, as a human being, precisely where it needed. I have learned something new today.

My gratitude for a good game. =)

Old 03-25-2017, 11:25 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10997
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
My recommendation is to sleep on it! Beating up bad guys with your pals is very therapeutic!
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Well, that's an unfortunate first for me, and a bit heavier than I was going for. See ya around, MrKinister.

It does not affect any of the rest you, however. The game will continue as usual.

I have opened MrKinister's game. Should he decide to return, it will be private once more and we shall continue.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-26-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:49 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Hopefully you decide to return MrKinister. Wishing you the best either way.