RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Well look at it this way, you helped him. It's better that Mr Kinister found out this way, rather in a situation which could be harmful to him.
Mr Kinister, admitting you have a problem is the first step to beating it. Well done!

Acathala, what in the world are you doing here? ~Beast

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-26-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
On a more cynical note, I'm sure this has nothing to do with MrKinister starting his own game. Two days ago.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:14 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11110
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Recruit a replacement. I could use a sidekick. Icicle-Boy? Snowcone? Elf-On-the-Shelf?

Kringle and Elf-on-the-Shelf. Love it. I say you recruit new sidekicks for all of us!

We got a fair number of vets here, WB. We can find some folks we know will be solid players. Just give the word.

Edit: No room for cynics! He left because his Peace Corp assignment finally came through. He won the lottery. Something happy.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Bluejack; 03-26-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
To answer your edited in question on my post, I was just looking at active M&M games.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
Recruit a replacement. I could use a sidekick. Icicle-Boy? Snowcone? Elf-On-the-Shelf?

Kringle and Elf-on-the-Shelf. Love it. I say you recruit new sidekicks for all of us!

We got a fair number of vets here, WB. We can find some folks we know will be solid players. Just give the word.

Edit: No room for cynics! He left because his Peace Corp assignment finally came through. He won the lottery. Something happy.
This poses a bit of a problem for me. Either I can edge MrK out for good (and thus open up Loki for another person), or I can keep his return possible (locking down Loki) but run the risk of needing to DM seven players at some point. In addition, I did tell Gravenimages that I'd hit him up first if I looked for new players.

Available Arbiters:Thor
Poseidon
Plague
Ferocus

Sidekicks? Did you mean: NPCs to be killed at the first sign of PC apathy?
Old 03-26-2017, 10:52 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Graven says he's still interested.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11110
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Hah. No. I'd write my sidekick forever. Even if he was like Incrediboy.

I'd leave Loki just in case. But people usually don't come back to a game after dropping.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:04 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Fly home, Buddy.

Graven says he's still interested in doing Plague. So I can leave Loki like that, but I have asked MrKinister to confirm if he's going to return or not. So we'll see how this works out. As the GM, Loki's champion is one of the more fun ones to be a NPC.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-26-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:07 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover
?
Old 03-27-2017, 06:37 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
!

A wiseass remark I thought better suited as secret text in another thread.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-27-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question because I am still getting the hang of the system. Do we level up in any way, or just get hero points for doing things?
Old 03-28-2017, 12:14 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Hero points and power points are different. Hero points let you do cool and/or stupid stunts in-game. Power points are what you use to build your character. You started with 1 HP and 150 PP. I (as the GM) can give out hero points whenever I feel like a player deserves one or whenever I invoke a Complication. You earn power points through 'adventuring', with power points being handed out in whatever quantity the GM feels appropriate at the end of an adventure. I plan on giving everybody a two or three dozen power points worth of power at the end of their own chapter 1, but the caveat to this veritable PP shower is that I choose what they're spent on, keeping with the theme of your Arbiter.

You will also get the chance to pick up three-ish special items from Arbiters other than your own, with according benefits. You choose which items you get, but you don't get to know the exact stats before you are given them. Since there are 11 Arbiters that aren't 'yours', you can visit all of the 11, but you can only take three gifts, and you are only offered them once. If you leave the Arbiter's presence, the chance for their gift is lost for the time being.

TL;DR: Yes, but at my discretion. There is no EXP system.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Gotcha, cool! thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
I'm just going to vent a bit. Nothing to do with you guys at all. Just got some rather disappointing news.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what happens when your usually docile and amiable GM cracks. I'll be fine tomorrow, just a bit unhappy at the moment. Need to sleep on it, and the massive dose of caffeine I had an hour ago isn't helping matters. It's probably best I don't respond to any of your threads while I'm like this. Sorry for the brief inconvenience.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 03-30-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that man.