RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Quick Announcement:
I might be dialing back my posting a bit. I'll try to keep at least 2-4 IC posts for each of you per day (if you guys post enough), instead of the staggering 15+ I was hitting for more than one of you. If I feel like it, that's still inside the realm of possibility, but it's less likely.

Also, have more t-storms rolling in, unsure about activity tonight. Hopefully the power stays on.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Gravenimages has a thread up.

@Graven
Are you going to look for a character pic or shall I?
At least I didn't start you in a bar...
Old 04-04-2017, 12:03 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
I can try to find one, or if you want to that's cool as well.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
I'd prefer you did it.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
@Tover
Oh, so you just want me to describe everything then. Great, sure, I totally have a three square mile town layout just sitting around. I'll get right back to you on that. Or perhaps later today. Or tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 565
Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover Tover
Not quite... but if you want to do that cool. I was just looking for key things, which is why I said which things I was looking for specifically. Literally all I need is, "you find a hotel that you can stay at" or "This store has a position." or "Those guys came back and guess what you can't do that anymore."

On the other hand, cartography is cool so if you want to throw together a map I would be alright with that too.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
You just want me to describe all the hotels, shops, residential areas, restaurants, and places with job openings. Good to see you're keeping it narrowed down for me.

Heck no I can't make a map. I just can't cobble together an entire town verbally at the moment, so it'll wait until tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright look. I have DM'd games in the past, you don't have to construct a whole town. In a situation like this, I would tell the player, "As you walk down the street you see a few shops and restaurants on the sides, one place is hiring, it's a local diner named Tom's Diner. There is a hotel at the end of the street." Then the player will tell you where they want to go to look more in depth. This gives you, the DM, more time to spin something up off the cuff. You have to know that players will accidentally, constantly, and irritatingly ignore what you think are easy to follow leads and go off doing their own thing in a place you have not created yet. Players do not mean to do this, looking at something without seeing the whole picture is hard.

The purpose of Ben looking around how he did is so that he can walk around the town and get his bearings in case those people come back so that he will know a way out. Being stuck in the alley at the beginning was a learning experience for him and he doesn't like being cornered.

I am not trying to be condescending about this, I am sharing what my experience has provided to me and what I have read online in miscellaneous forums and subreddits. If you want me to do something specific with my character or go a specific place, I will do that. I have been enjoying this game, the system is really cool and I want to know more about the world you have built. I was just trying to RP my character how he would react to the situations he has been put in. I have no qualms just using Deus Ex Machina here and going where you want me to go to get the story back to where you want it to be.

And to clarify, I am not rushing you to come up with something, just saying that I don't think it's as big a task as you think. Or at least, it doesn't have to be and I didn't intend it to be.

Last edited by Tover; 04-05-2017 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11110
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
First Street and Broad had a Krispy Kreme. My contribution complete.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:47 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Those things are crazy sweet. It's like taking a bit in a sugar cube coated in icing. I kinda miss the old style Doughnuts, like Mr. Doughnut. I am probably aging myself here.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
I go to Dunkin Donuts. Trying to teach the kids right. Love their coffee.
To the Callhill 5E: Baldur's Gate (DM), Dragon Heist (DM), Giants and Beyond (PC) Out of the Abyss (PC), DotMM (PC), To the Depths of Hel (PC), The Dark Citadel (PC) , SKT (PC); PF2:Age of Ashes (PC). Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Now we're talkin.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question, so I have a concealment ability with the area cloud option and it conceals all Aural and Visual Senses. Using Hero lab it does not have a DC until I add the Cloud option. It seems like giving it an Area cloud makes it into an attack almost. Does cloud area make it a DC 16 to resist the concealing effect made by an enemy/unwilling participant, or is the DC 16 to see through the concealment?

The wording on the SRD is a bit odd, and working with Hero Labs doesn't give me a great description of what the DC is for.

Last edited by Tover; 04-06-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
My thread has just turned funny. I love Kringle, he's a funny dude. Thanks for the opportunity to explore!

Last edited by Bluejack; 04-06-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 413
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejack View Post
I go to Dunkin Donuts. Trying to teach the kids right. Love their coffee.
Yup! I don't have a DD close to me but I buy the industrial size of it at Costco.