RPXP: 486
The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag The Firkraag
I'll go agility
Old 06-17-2017, 02:08 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Well some people might call babies vermin but that's not at all what I meant. I'm going with the D&D definition, which is nothing larger than a rat and generally things that a normal person could just crush underfoot with no effort. It's just a feature meant for visuals more than anything else but I'll scrap it.

And that definition makes sense, it is sustained that I want, not continuous, so I'll rework things since that will free up some points.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:27 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
@Palladia Mors
I would probably put more points into toughness somehow. If you are going the frontline route, it's a really bad save to have low.
Maybe another point in evasion. Some in luck is always useful.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by The Firkraag; 06-17-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
And that definition makes sense, it is sustained that I want, not continuous, so I'll rework things since that will free up some points.
Actually, no, it won't, as your original build was more than the five points that gains you over 150. However, it was EXACTLY seven points over. You reduced that to 5 by clarifying that Defensive Roll wasn't in play, and took away the further five by making Damage part of Aura sustained instead of continuous, and another 1 by dropping the Feature on Starvation Aura. I think your build stands at 149pp at the moment, and you have another three equipment points to spend (assuming undercover shirt and sword)

You can take free actions unless you are Stunned, Asleep, Dying, Entranced, Incapacitated, or Surprised.

@Acathala They're already at PL cap. Dodge and Parry are at 14.

@The Firkraag
Don't forget to include Benefit: Agility for Athletics, and the +3 that gives you to the skill.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Everything is ready to go.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I purchased hero forge, so I should be able to do my own summaries as we go forward. I also purchased all the add ins. Holy crap, that list of powers is huge now. I tried to read through them all and failed. ��
Old 06-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Firk, I'll be adding Tom and getting you started on a thread either today or tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome. I look forward to dying!

Last edited by The Firkraag; 06-19-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:15 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
OK, storm season seems to have passed and my power and internet have been stable. Here's the revised character sheet. I made a few changes to smooth things out. Her aura lost the damage aspect entirely (cutting the rolls in half seemed like a good idea) but the weakness got a bit stronger to compensate. I simplified the regeneration to not have to worry about scaling since that seemed to be more record-keeping than it was worth, it either works or it doesn't depending on whether or not anyone is suffering the effects of her aura. She's more of an all-around martial artist now with some better-defined and consistent skills. Some of her numbers no longer cap but that's OK, she's not exactly a long-time veteran of heroics. As far as I know this is now complete.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-25-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Did you want Regeneration 10 (Source) to be persistent? If not, you've got an extra 5 pp to spend. If so, you're at 150 exactly. You list powers as costing 51, I only get 46, this seems the most likely scenario.

Power Loss doesn't mean what you think it means, and you're essentially counting Motivation: Responsibility twice under a different name. Power Loss as described in the SRD is something Iron Man or a moon-based werewolf has. Iron Man can lose the suits and be kinda stuck, a werewolf can't use powers when the moon isn't out. I recommend just ditching it and sticking with Motivation: Responsbility.

Other than that, sheet looks pretty good, I'd just like to clarify some things about your weaken.

1. Physical traits include: Strength, Stamina, Agility, Fighting Dodge, Parry, Active Toughness, Acrobatics, Athletics, MOST Close Combat, powers on a case-by-case basis.

2. Weaken affects POWER POINTS, not points in an ability, up to a maximum of the Weaken rank (6, in this case). This means you can lower abilities by up to -3, Defenses by up to -6, Skills up to -18, BUT, it won't cascade. If you roll 4 better than the victim, Agility is -2 and Dodge is -4, even though dodge is an agility-based stat.

3. The victim(s) roll fortitude vs DC 16 Weaken. If victim 1 rolls a 12, he has 4pp deducted from relevant stats. If victim 2 rolls a 16 or better, he is unaffected. If victim 3 rolls a total of 2 (somehow...), he still only has 6pp deducted.

4. Great Endurance gives a +2 bonus to resisting the Aura.

5. Under no circumstances can you weaken somebody by more than 6pp (with Weaken 6), even with multiple failed checks on their part.

6. PP return at the rate of 1 per round, and can only be accelerated by Persistent Regeneration or Persistent Healing. Persistent Regeneration 5 would let you heal 1pp per round, and an additional pp every 2, for an effective 1.5 pp every round.,

7. I'm treating your Weaken like it effectively 'saps' the victims of physical energy, and thus affects stats requiring such.

If you understand and agree with this and the sheet below, I'll add you and get you started in the next couple days.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-25-2017 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
It was just bad math. I think I may have neglected to actually include the source flaw in the builder. I added a couple of advantages that didn't make the cut - Precise Attack and Improved Critical, and raised her Streetwise by 2 points and Stealth by 1.

That's the exact effect I was going for with the aura, so that works out just fine. Also fixed the bad wording on the complication.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:47 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Okay. You still have 2pp to mess around with.

Precise Attack: Close Concealment costs 1, Improved Crit 1 (Sword) costs 1, Stealth and Expertise are skills, so they total 1pp.

Can you bring your picture from the app thread over to this one? I can't get the link from there, since it's in secret text on a thread I don't moderate.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 06-25-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:07 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
I mean I put 2 character points in streetwise and 1 in Stealth, for a total of +6 and +3 to the totals respectively.

And the picture is here.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Ah. Okay.

Think we're on the same page. I'll be opening your thread sometime in the next, oh, two days.