RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-01-2017, 02:16 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3257
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
I am also fine with early selection, though that does mean that I need to shift my brain back into gear and finish out my background, RP and potential NPC. However, now that Halloween is over that should be a little easier.
I wonder if you will be posting critiques/comments about the submissions prior to accepting/declining so that we can workshop our characters a little bit or are we going "warts and all"?

Last edited by kanly; 11-01-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:40 PM
One who has seen the end

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1094
Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei Tydorei
I just replied to this... and it's not here... omg. I used my phone... and it's way to hard to retype it now..
Old 11-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Hate it when my phone eats my posts!!!

Last edited by kanly; 11-01-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9813
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
I wonder if you will be posting critiques/comments about the submissions prior to accepting/declining so that we can workshop our characters a little bit or are we going "warts and all"?
I only critiqued players applications when i saw immediate problems that needed to be adressed - in terms of the setting, the rules, whatever came up. If i did not message somebody it basically means i can imagine the character in the game under the right circumstances. I will comment on the character generation (if you end up posting a preliminary sheet), but i don't usually critique the concepts per se, only potential specifics in the bio.

If you want to get more of my thoughts on your characters as you create them, please message me directly.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2848
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Put in my mechanics. I think I did it right, but I've never used this system, so I'm open to suggestions.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
You can always down load the hero lab program for a free trial. It would allow you to check your numbers, though you can't save or download without buying the program.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posting interest. Never played MM. Going to do some research and circle back to this.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:29 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
Put in my mechanics. I think I did it right, but I've never used this system, so I'm open to suggestions.
As far as i can see everything is in order rules wise. Kanlys suggestion also seems sensible - i've never used the hero lab myself though, i use a free excell sheet with macros that fulfills the same function. Pm me and I can share it with you.

A sidenote: Up until the 14th i will be travelling and living out of hotels (which was what pushed the deadline back so far), so my responses to pms and posts will be a bit slow. Don't fret, i'm still here.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65
TCArknight
Definitely interested!

right-aligned image

Crystal Titan
Antoine "Tony" LeCoeur

In a wheelchair or with a cane most of his life, experiments grant a bookish Graduate Student and Freelance Journalist ability to alter his density which allows him to survive hazards and do things he never dreamed of before.

"Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever."

"A strong man need wish for no more than this: a sword in the hand, a horse between his knees, and the woman he loves at the battle's end."

"Be careful what you wish for..."

Biographical InformationReal Name: Antoine "Tony" LeCoeur
Alias: Crystal Titan

STATUS
Identity: Secret
Citizenship: American
Base of Operations: Unity City

CHARACTERISTICS
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 140 lbs (65 kg)
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown

AppearanceSome people might consider Tony a beanpole considering he stands over six feet tall but only weighs about 140 pounds. However, as Tony is usually sitting in a wheelchair his actual build tends to be overlooked. When he does have need to get around without the chair, he's walking with a cane. With light brown hair and blue eyes (because of his condition, the whites of his eyes are a bluish-grey as well), he's what most folks consider above average in looks. As a graduate student, he dresses in typical student fashion with jeans and t-shirts for the most part. His t-shirts tend to have some form of 'geek humor' on them, and his jeans tend to be dark colored with silver studs on the pockets.

PersonalityBecause of the way he's been treated in the past, Tony has a tendency to be a bit abrupt with people, thinking that they think less or pity him for being in his wheelchair or having his cane. When he's able to push that aside and actually talk to someone, his inner sense of humor and friendliness comes to light. A lot is due to the fact that he's always had so few friends, he's willing to take the chance on friendship if the other individual isn't pitying or talking down to him. Due to his overall lack of social interactions though, he can on occassion be a bit blunt and not realize he's made a comment that hurts someone until much later.

Positive qualities

Chivalry isn't dead / Generous - Tony has always dreamed of being the Knight in Shining Armor riding to his lady's rescue or saving the village from a dragon. He'll give someone the clothes on his back and a pocket of money if it would make a difference for them.
Thinks 'Outside the Box' - In both the computers he's programmed and the life experiences he's had, Tony has always had the ability to step back and think unconventionally for solutions to problems. When that hasn't worked for him, it still hasn't stopped him from trying.
Knowledge is power - Tony fully believes in Information being power. From science to politics to popular culture, he's collected and knows many small tidbits of information that may be useful. If he'd ever had the chance, he would probably be a big winner on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune, but he's never gotten the chance.

Flaws

Don't Pity Me - Part of his personality is to feel at first that everyone he runs into and has to talk with is out to pity or feel sorry for him. Even though he's come to grips with his condition, and has a hard time understanding that others might not have an issue with it
Easy Mark -
Overconfident -

Background
Growing up in a place named Briland might seem to some to be an interesting place, just from the name (especially when neighboring places had names like Jacob's Island and Whale Point). To Tony LeCoeur, it was just home. Away from home, his home was known by another name, Harbour Island. Being located on Eleuthera in the Bahamas, it was only natural that Tony take on a career in Marine Biology or Archaeology. Tony had one difficulty with that career path however.

Osteogenesis imperfecta, commonly known as Brittle Bone disease, was the diagnosis the doctors gave Tony's mother. Tony was five years old and this was after the sixth time he'd been brought in to the ER with broken bones in as many months. After the second time, the police had been called and Tony had been placed in a foster home for a week. After Tony had bumped into the coffee table and had to be brought back to the ER, the police and social workers were no longer involved. The smallest bump or fall, and his bones would break. At that point, his mother began what would become a lifelong pattern of protecting her son. Anytime they would leave the house, Tony would be in a wheelchair. He couldn't play with other kids because it would result in several broken bones and a lot of pain for Tony. Unable to act and play like a normal kid, Tony dove into books and computers. He would read for days on end, and when he wasn't reading or studying, he was on the computer. However, his mother did allow him to learn to swim. He learned in his own pool, and had a tutor/guardian for all his interactions in the pool.

With his mother being a research Astrophysicist, Tony did have every chance otherwise; the best schools, the best doctors, just nothing seemed to help with his physical or mental health. Growing frustrated with this, his mother looked into every option she could. Finally, finding a possibility in a project she was working on involving crystals and dimensional energies. Late in her initial research, she discovered that exposing the crystals to specific frequencies of sound caused them to vibrate and emit energy particles which had a strange side effect of increasing the density of objects struck by the particles. Seeing an opportunity, his mother arranged for exposing Tony to the particles. Amazingly, after the exposure, Tony’s bones and muscles grew stronger and Tony gained a bit more confidence in everything he did. It gave him a bit of courage to step outside his (and his mother's) comfort zone and enter a Marine Biology program in the US.

Attending the University of Florida, and being away from home for the first time, spent most of his off time learning to fly and indulging in writing for the school newspaper. As time went by, Tony started down another path however. After researching an article he hoped to get published in the local paper, he ended up working for a gang who was into a bit of everything, including smuggling. Tony made extra money by riding along as copilot on several flights carrying unknown cargo in a small plane in the middle of the night. Only when a Coast Guard helicopter opened fire to get his attention did the full impact of what he was doing hit him. Calmly, he took the controls and landed the plane, promptly turning himself in and turning State's Evidence against the gang. In exchange for this cooperation as well as the fact that he was a juvenile, he was placed on probation and allowed to go home under strict conditions (the terms of which were sealed). It seemed that Tony's life was back on track, but it was not to be without a serious incident to propel him along it and to an unclear future.

Two weeks after returning home and on his way to deposit the first paycheck of his new job with a dive boat, Tony thought he saw a couple of the gang members that he'd run with following him up the street. However, when he'd turned to take a good look, the individual wasn't there. Chalking it up to paranoia, he continued on to the bank. As he reached for the door and began pulling it open, he caught the reflection of a car driving by with a long tube sticking out of the window, pointed in his direction. In a spilt second, as his mind registered the rocket launching out of the launcher toward him, his survival instincts kicked in and he made a decision that would shape things to come.

In an instant, Tony grew nearly a foot and his entire being took on the appearance of a translucent white crystalline form. The rocket impacted and the explosion blew the bank doors inward followed by fire and smoke, setting off alarms and sprinklers. When the atmosphere around the entrance began returning to normal, Tony's form stood there, barely scratched. He stood there for a moment before running down the street after the vehicle that had performed the drive-by. Unable to catch it, he ducked into the seclusion of a small park and willed himself back to normal. To his surprise it worked and he headed toward his home. Once there, he collapsed into his bed, exhausted from the effort of changing his form.

In what seemed like minutes, but what in actuality was days, Tony awoke to a knock on his door. When he answered it, he was greeted by an Interpol detective who asked to speak with him and assured him he was not in danger if he promised not to become the crystalline figure. The detective told him that he knew that it wasn’t Tony’s fault, but the explosion at the bank had wounded several and killed a young mother and her infant son. They had been about to step out the doors of the bank when the rocket hit. Tony’s emotions suddenly bottomed out. He blamed himself for the injuries and deaths. Lieutenant Lastrad could see the young man’s thoughts spiraling out of control so he smiled. He discussed how the region was becoming so much less the paradise it once was, and more a criminal haven. He proposed that Tony use his ability and become a protector of his homeland instead of a rampaging monster a couple of media reports had painted him. Seeing a chance to finally make a difference, Tony agreed. Soon after, White Diamond (as someone had suggested the press call him) was appearing all over the islands disrupting smuggling, robberies and other criminal enterprises.

While he felt he was doing some good, Tony still felt guilty. Not just because of the incident at the bank, but because others seemed to get hurt too. While the press wrote off the casualties as justifiable, Tony thought differently. With a heavy heart and a feeling of being hunted constantly washing over him, he left his home country and travelled to Unity City where he hoped to start fresh and get past the hurt he had caused.

Hook: Unknown to Tony or his mother, the research she used to strengthen his bones is sponsored by a criminal organization with it's own plans for the research should they have proof she succeeded.

PowersTony’s Powers are two-fold.

First, he has the ability to alter his physical structure into that of living crystal. This has the effect of increasing both his size and density as well as his overall physical well-being. This provides him with the durability to function much like a ‘tank’ character in the MMORPGs he’s been known to participate in.

Secondly, he seems to have some form of control over concentrated light which strikes his structure. In experiments, he’s discovered he can intensify the light, redirect it, or simply absorb it and generate electricity like a solar cell.

Last edited by TCArknight; 11-02-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 PM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
early selection is ok by me as well.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Mellivora capensis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2763
NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger NotAHoneyBadger
I am okay with early selection.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1570
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
I, too, am down with early selection.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4839
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Name Adam Song
Nation of Origin Singapore
Age 22
Appearance and Personality A youngish Asian chap. Brown eyes. Untidy appearance, as he hasn't really been keeping care. Clothes are one step away from being rags.
He tries to avoid human contact as much as possible, given he's afraid he might be forced to kill. Adam is generally quiet and contemplative, in contrast to his previous personality of being spoiled and the life of the party.
Background
"Never forget Song, you and your race of stinking monkeys are my toys, to be used and disposed of at my will"
Adam Song was the youngest of three, born to a wealthy Singaporean banker. A trust fund kid, Adam drifted through life like a dream, varying from obeying his parents, to indulging his hedonistic desires, which could range from drugs, wild parties and wilder women. This could not last, as eventually his eldest brother Derek, revealed to their parents that during one party, Adam had been conned out of his credit cards by a prostitute. Ashamed of his behaviour, his parents sent the obedient Adam away on a program.
Adam completed his program. Upon returning home, his parents informed him they had decided that it was time for him to settle down. They had already settled on a fiancée. Amber Tse. As always he went along with his parents' wishes and got engaged. His fiancée....was nice.

"I could tell you I had deep and important scientific reasons for what I did to you. That would be a lie. Really it was just for craps and giggles."
Unfortunately Adam had a relapse. One night he and his ironically named stripper ex girlfriend Chastity were doing drugs in his car. They started floating. Assuming he was just getting high, Adam just laughed and giggled. They continued to rise, higher and higher, until they were taken into a blue metal flying saucer. Still assuming he was tripping, Adam continued to laugh as machines strapped him and Chastity into operating tables. A tall olive green humanoid appeared. There was something wrong with the face, arachnid features. It picked up medical tools. Adam fell into darkness.

"I saved you. Stopped you sleepwalking through your petty, mundane, so called life. From marrying a girl you only thought was "nice". You apes have no comprehension of what love is."
When Adam woke up, he was in bed. Passing last night off as a very bad trip, Adam got up and dressed. There was a wedding dinner rehearsal later. Both parents said his attendance was compulsory.
So later on in a nice suit, Adam attended. Food was nice, small talk was made. When dad made a toast, Adam clonked out again. This time he woke up into a nightmare. Everywhere was drenched in blood. Shredded skin, bones, and body parts lay strewn around the room. It was impossible to tell how many had died.
Alien, mocking laughter filled his head. Clutching his temples, he started to remember. Oh god he could remember.

"I freed you from the bonds that trapped you. True you're my slave now, so perhaps I'm giving you mixed messages."
Adam remembered turning into some kind of metallic dust cloud. Screaming in his mind, powerless to exert control as the cloud that was him, ripped the flesh first from his father, mother, close family, then everyone else. No man, woman, or child was spared.
He couldn't unsee their terror, silence the screams from his mind. Adam wanted to puke so badly, cry a flood of tears, but he couldn't. Light suddenly surrounded him and transported him to another place, far from this fresh hell, to a fresher hell.

"What's your rush? It's not like you have a family to go back to. Speaking of which. They were the demonstration of what happens if I get bored. I flip a switch and turn you into my favourite scorpion nanobot swarm and use you to kill people. So don't bore me. You might want to avoid schools."
Adam found himself back on the ship in what he had assumed, had been part of his nightmare. The arachnid faced alien was there, watching him with a drink in his hand. Then the alien spoke. Adam was not the brightest when it came to people but even he could tell the alien was a sociopath. It was sentences like this that gave it away. "I, in your chimp language, am Doctor Scorpio. My true name would be butchered in your primitive speech. Should I go slower so you can understand? I swear all this rock has to offer are subject and crystal meth."
Adam tried to rush him. Kill the bastard for what had been taken. Bored, Scorpio flipped a switch and Adam stopped, his will not his own.
"Song, you stupid chittering ape. Did you really think I would allow you up here if there was a remote chance you could hurt me? You will listen to me."
So Adam listened in growing horror at what Scorpio had done to him, and what he was going to make Adam do. The majority of Adam's body had been replaced by teeny tiny scorpion styled nanobots.

"Goodbye Song. Enjoy Unity city. Kill well and often. Otherwise, consequences!"
What Scorpio wanted Adam to do, was a murder, a month. It had to be entertaining. Otherwise he would make Adam kill a bunch of innocent people, implying children. Adam believes. A flash of light and Adam was teleported down to Unity City. Since then Adam has been going after criminals, occasionally supervillain foes. He's horrified at what he's become but he can't stop.

It's complicated.
Motive. Adam lives in hope of finding a way to kill Scorpio, even if it leads to his own death.

Control. Scorpio has a method of control over Adam, which he can use at any time to force Adam to do his bidding.

Blood Knight. Adam has to be one, otherwise Scorpio will make him kill innocents.

Missing ex. Chastity is missing and it is unknown what happened to her.

Wanted for murder. He's the only suspect in his family's murders.

Relationships
Other than possibly Chastity, everyone Adam cared about is dead.

Last edited by Acathala; 11-07-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:16 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Oo, this looks interesting, and ever since City of Heroes/Villains went down I've been kinda itching for something superheroic! Is it too late/Are there too many entrants already to drop an application in?
Old 11-05-2017, 05:09 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdant Glitter View Post
Oo, this looks interesting, and ever since City of Heroes/Villains went down I've been kinda itching for something superheroic! Is it too late/Are there too many entrants already to drop an application in?
Of course you can still add an appliation - if you get it in before that deadline that is. As it says somewhere in the first post, latecomers have no disadvantages in how they are being judged, I will look at each and every one with the same care and thoroughness.