RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 06:43 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7923
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Never played M&M before. (Despite 40 years of gaming experience.)

Just starting into the SRD. What Power Level are these characters beginning at?

Last edited by Maghnuis; 11-11-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:49 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9813
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maghnuis View Post
What Power Level are these characters beginning at?
Power Level 8, so 120 points to build the character with initially.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:53 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Is there one significant cause for most supers, (X Gene, or radioactive meteor) or are they all over the place?

How have they remained secret up until the event?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Also, how do you handle those who transform from a "normal" to a super powered type?
Like Shazam or Ghost Rider for examples.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Some quick answers to good questions - i will think more on this and maybe expand on it at a later time:

Quote:
Is there one significant cause for most supers, (X Gene, or radioactive meteor) or are they all over the place?
It's all over the place. I could come up with some sort of wholistic one size fits all explanation - but that would not really add anything i feel, but may have been suggestive. Whatever works for you. I wanted diverse origins, and i got them.

Quote:
How have they remained secret up until the event?
The ones that can turn their powers on and off just kept a low profile, the uglies hid and fled. When something happened before it was quickly explained as a freak accident, called tampered footage or disbelieved as an urban myth. Humanity could not conceive of the fact that there were people fundamentally different from them possibly just living next door, and subconsciously worked overtime to keep the fact buried.

Quote:
Also, how do you handle those who transform from a "normal" to a super powered type?
Like Shazam or Ghost Rider for examples.
I have not thought a great deal about such a scenario, so i don't know yet. I'd say the activation flaw used with linked powers or arrays would be the way to go here.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1553
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Added some sheet stuff to my app. Let me know if anything immediately looks amiss so I can fix it. It was sort of challenging to figure out a build that I really liked... Tried a couple and ultimately decided to keep it as simple as possible.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
hey guys, total noob here, but this seems really awesome!
I have a question about a power set and just wanted to know if its legal or not before I try to make a character.

Kinetic Energy absorption and redistribution
**** talking

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 11-13-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyninja29 View Post
Kinetic Energy absorption and redistribution
It sounds more or less like two main things: Slowing objects and people down or speeding them up - possibly with one being dependent on the other. Both are possible.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
actually more along the lines of my characters flaw is a reaction/side effect of his power.

his power is basically, the more kinetic energy he absorbs (hit by a car, punched in the face, shot, lazed etc.) the more he heals and the harder he hits/faster he moves and if hit with a super power (fireball, eye beam, plasmatic discharge etc) there is a small chance he would overload from it and reflect it with no real control on the direction in which it reflected.

needless to say, with every hit he would still take damage. The adjustment in power has a delay, he'd be a bloody mess before he began to heal and get stronger. Also the effects are not permanent, no damage after two turns, back to normal.

and his flaw would be he gives off a presence that makes people not like him. He could be helping an old lady cross the street or pulling a man from a burning building, and they would call him an ****** for helping.

still legal?

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 11-13-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:51 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Everything is legal if you can turn it into a coherent idea and a working set of powers as per the rules.

What i am hearing is that most powers would have the reaction extra, be unreliabe, limited or all three. And you would have healing and deflect in there, plus speed/quickness if i am reading that right. Off the top of my head i can't really remember if you can delay powers, so you would have to check. Being unlikeable or having a "bad" aura is fine, even though i don't yet understand how that would relate to the power.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:06 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Beural E. Measles
Nation of Origin: United states
Appearance & Personality: Beural is medium height, slight athletic built, has neat sandy brown hair and an almost permanent 5 o'clock shadow. His attitude could best be described as the way a wasp interacts with the world. You don't mess with him, you don't get stung. Beural can be stand offish at times, and can come across as abrasive. When you get to know him, however; and understand his humor, he's not really so bad.
Biography:

Relationships: Beural has very few friends and no relations in Unity City, however he does enjoy chatting with the store clerk where he buys his everyday essential items. He tries not to think about his family as much as he can.
Powers:
Energy Absorption Beural was born(according to his family) with a power similar to his fathers. Whenever Beural takes physical damage his body absorbs the latent kinetic energy adding to his speed, strength, and healing factor
Immunity After Beural is dealt damage by kinetic energy a similar attack would prove less and less effective with each repetition.
Motivation:
Doing Good As he is a very big lover of freedom, he refuses to stand by and watch while other's personal freedoms are trodden upon or revoked at the whim of some ne'er do well.
Complications:
Bad Aura No matter what he does or who he does it for, good action or not, whoever he's around just seems to have a reason not to like him.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Meoooooow!~

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1713
BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai
I.. think I did the sheet right? Not sure, lol
Old 11-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSamurai View Post
I.. think I did the sheet right? Not sure, lol
Everything seems fine actually - I have not calculated through it, but overall i see no issue with the kind and amount of powers used. For an application it is absolutely sufficient. It was fairly clear from the beginning what your powers would be anyway - it is more important for characters with a broader 'thing', like xy manipulation, to show me a preliminary build.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Being unlikeable or having a "bad" aura is fine, even though i don't yet understand how that would relate to the power.
It makes everyone want to hit him

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 11-13-2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Meoooooow!~

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1713
BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Everything seems fine actually - I have not calculated through it, but overall i see no issue with the kind and amount of powers used. For an application it is absolutely sufficient. It was fairly clear from the beginning what your powers would be anyway - it is more important for characters with a broader 'thing', like xy manipulation, to show me a preliminary build.
Sweet. Took me a bit to get that all there, lol. Definitely something I will need to attempt to iron it out a bit if I am playing. ^^