RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-14-2017, 02:40 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Raymond Michigan, AKA "Fulcrum"

Nation of Origin: Britian

Appearance & Personality: Raymond has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. His skin is a light sandy color, suggesting a multicultural heritage, but Raymond insists his ancestors haven't traveled further than Europe. He possesses a slightly muscular build, resembling a pro cyclist moreso than a bodybuilder, and is on the short side at 5'7. He prefers his formal wear, and is rarely seen wearing anything other than his dark grey suit and tie.

While in his alternate ego, he dons a highly advanced suit of armor that is black and white, with red accents. His belt holds several pouches, each filled with fantastical devices. A half cape hangs over one shoulder, and a crimson bracer hugs the forearm on the same side. A full face helmet protects and obscures his face, and he twirls a highly advanced pistol in his right hand.

Regardless of whether he is in his civilian or super persona, his personality is the same-cool, collected, and unflappable. Those who first meet him might describe him as cold and distant, and they'd be right, just not completely. Those that have had the honor of knowing him better understand that being cold does not mean heartless, and he's certainly willing to take personal risks to help others-he'll just calculate every possible move before picking the most probably successful one. He's not actually emotionless, he's just very good at masking them-those closest to him can pick up the telltale signs of his emotion, such as his tendency to enunciate every word while angry, or the way he speaks with greater verbosity while happy.

Biography: Raymond was born and raised in a small village in Britain, but rural life was not for him, and eventually he left. He does not enjoy speaking of his time in the village, and evades questions about his life before Unity City like the plague. What he will say is that he came to Unity City nearly ten years ago seeking an opportunity for a new life. Despite his humble origins, he displays a level of intelligence one would expect from a college graduate, and he eventually found his opportunity working as an accountant for Makolabs, a Telcorp science subsidiary. There, his job was to manage the finances of the lab, looking for ways to save money and make sure they did not go over budget.

His intelligence and efficiency saw him quickly rise through the ranks, until he found himself overseeing the entire operation, with a team of a dozen and a half other accountants beneath him. No purchase was made without crossing his desk first, and he ran a lean ship. At the height of his career, he received a signed letter from the CEO himself congratulating him on his ability to keep the lab consistently well below budget.

Four years ago, however, there was an almost imperceivable shift in the tone of the lab. It was well disguised, and a less observant man might have missed it. Even Raymond only noticed it because of his attention to detail, and dedication to his job. It started when he noticed a few new items added to his supply manifest. Not recognizing the items, he sent an email to the head of research, asking for confirmation before approving it. The return answer was cryptic, but ultimately confirmed the added items, so Raymond let it through, though he made a mental note of it later. Then, a sudden increase in the payroll prompted another email, which was responded to with another cryptic response indicating that a new project was underway that required additional staff. Again, Raymond backed down, though he mentally noted that their stated wages were far higher than was normal for new hires. The final straw came when the director sent a new budget request, with five million dollars allocated to "contractual help".

Now convinced that they were embezzling money or worse, Raymond decided to perform a surprise inspection. Following the money trail, he was able to deduce the location of the purported new facility, and snuck in, determined to put an end to their scheme. Only Raymond knows exactly what happened inside, but thirty minutes later he emerged wearing his white and black armor, and carrying an unconscious woman over his shoulder. Ten seconds later, the entire facility detonated.

After that night, he disappeared for two full years. It wasn't until after the incident that he reappeared, having opened a bar in the seedier part of the city, along with his new wife, Melissa Michigan-the very same woman he was seen fleeing the facility with. It is Unity City's worst kept secret that Raymond's bar, the "Intergalactic Slug" is "supers" friendly, and the two Michigans have earned a reputation for helping those looking to start fresh.

Powers: His armor is equipped with dozens of cutting edge technologies, including a molecular fusion pistol, layered titansteel morphic plating, a kinetic manipulation and projection device, and a quantum destabilizer. It also includes a command and control node allowing him mental and direct control over his two floating seeker drones, armed with a powerful senor array, an electro net launcher, and a microfission reactor that can be overcharged in emergencies, creating a powerful mobile explosive. And of course, he also has his bar which doubles as a secret base for himself.

Complications: Do Good: Raymond seems to have a particularly high concern for other supers and other fish out of water types, but even normal people often find themselves under his protection.

Relationship: His wife, Melissa, is of particular importance to him. While she can usually handle herself (a fact more than a few grabby patrons have learned), if her life were ever jeopardized, he'd move heaven and earth to save her.

Rivalry: It is a safe assumption he did not leave Makolabs under pleasant circumstances, and if they ever learn his part in the incident, he doubts they'd take that information quietly.

RP Example: "I know you're out there," the mercenary known only as Breach shouted out, her EXO-armor slowly moving through the warehouse, "I'd rather not have to bring the warehouse down on top of you, but if that's what I need to do, then-" She stopped suddenly, spotting movement to the left. "Got you now, freak!" The EXO-armor's torso pivoted to the left, and the giant cannons on each arm opened fire, letting out a torrent of bullets. Laughing, Breach allowed the barrels to fire for nearly five full seconds, firing almost a thousand rounds into the nearby shelves. When she finally stopped, all that remained was a smoking pile of rubble.

Cautiously approaching the pile of rubble, Breach kept her guns trained on the pile just in case the bastard was still alive-somehow. Switching on her vital sensor, she sweep the entirety of the mess before smiling to herself. "Well, d*mn. Give you credit, Raymond, haven't had this much fun in a long time. Computer, open up communications with Makolabs. Tell them the job's done, and that I expect payment by the-" suddenly, the ground beneath her EXO-suit wasn't there, and her mech tilted over, its left foot dangling through the hole where the floor was just a moment ago. Then, before she had time to figure out what had happened, the floor simply reappeared, severing the mechanical limb entirely. Meanwhile, two small drones appeared from the rubble, and fired a pair of nets at the mech. Normally such a effort would have been hilariously ineffective, but on contact the nets let out a powerful electric shock, overloading the already damaged systems and leaving the mech inoperable.

Only then did Raymond reveal himself, shimmering into existence like a ghost behind the crippled machine. Cursing loudly, Breach pushed open the cockpit of her mech, already gripping a strange looking pistol with her right hand. She quickly aimed it towards him, but she didn't have a chance to fire before it was whipped out of her hand by an invisible force, the weapon flying through the air into his waiting hands. "Thank you for returning my pistol to me. Oh, and would you be so kind as to tell Director Howell that I officially resign from my position, effective immediately? When you wake up, of course." with a thought, the nearest drone fired a second net at the baffled and angry woman, the electric shock knocking her out almost immediately.

Link to Sheet

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017-11-18-16-35-18.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	352.9 KB
ID:	75073   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2017-11-18-16-35-30.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	362.7 KB
ID:	75074  

Last edited by darthcharon; 11-18-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 785
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Can anyone guide me to a downloadable character sheet? This is the first time i've ever played M&M and im having a little trouble finding one that's blank.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1069
bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses bagginses
This is what I used
http://grfiles.game-host.org/3e_file...acterSheet.pdf
Old 11-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Thx man
Old 11-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3257
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
you can also use herolab for free to build a character, but you can't save it other than taking a screen shot of the character sheet.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9813
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
I checked the apps again and updated the table - everything should be in order for now as far as i can see.

Remember, the deadline is approaching in giant strides. Friday afternoonish i will start my first round of reading through everything, just to get the overview. So don't be alarmed, you'll still be able to change it up until a bit past midnight easily. Saturday morning I will have my final read through the applications and probably cast my verdict by early afternoon. The times I am giving you in EST, since I think a majority of players on the site are u.s. based.

Additionally, but that's just a bit of behind the scenes really, I am kind of struggling with a big question that keeps popping up in my head. Originally I wanted to accept a maximum of six players, thinking i would not get that much interest anyway. Now there are so many strong character concepts around, it's already giving me a headache thinking about deciding between them. So there's this recurring idea that keeps coming back: What if i just accept eight, and encourage them splitting up into two groups? Even more than i originally intended that is - as i feel six guys is already a bit much to stick together always.

Maybe it's a good idea, i am not totally sure yet, and I don't necessarily want to debate the pros and cons of it right here and now (even though if any of you have tried something similar feel free to drop me a pm). Basically I'll do some soul-searching of sorts and decide that too by saturday. I just felt i might as well inform you all that there is the possibility i will do it like that. From a player side it's good news i would say.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:16 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7923
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
You could also divide the groups between those willing to post daily and those who can barely post twice a week. That is, if you are willing to keep up with that many posts.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:29 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Or set up a 4v4...good guys vs bad guys
Old 11-16-2017, 12:38 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Oh no, I've been refreshing a page on this thread wondering why it was so quiet - Without realizing the "last" post i was looking at, was just the last post on the page. ;.;

Two groups of four is fine by me! That sortof happened with the Starfinder game I got into, if I recall right. And I believe the GM there is going to let both parties invariably interact with one another after we get each get out of our initial missions. If it's something you think you can handle, that would be neato-keen by me. And it means more folk can get in to the game!

Augh I still need to do a battle sample, too...
Old 11-16-2017, 02:01 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3257
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
In my experience, split games have MASSIVE issues with continuity. Everyone is posting at different rates, the parties go off on different tangents and combats go longer or shorter. So inevitably one group gets way ahead of the other and either has to wait around for the second group to catch up, the GM rushes the slower group along to the next intersection point or the gap just continues to widen. IMO, better is to have two entirely separate games that happen to take place in the same world. Also makes for significantly less headache for you since you can use the same villians for both games even if you choose to not mirror the plots due to concerns about players sharing info and the like. Just my 2c, and I would still love to play, however you choose to go with this.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:10 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16509
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Sheet is Hot, Boss.

And as much as I love the idea of PvP gotta agree with Kanly.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:35 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Put me down as a 3rd vote for separate groups. That being said, this being a super hero game, there is always the possibility for alternate universes, which may allow for crossover events where both groups meet together for a brief time.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:07 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Yes, i have also thought about alternate universes and making a hard split between two groups. What i don't like about it is that it eliminates the possibilities of teaming up in different combinations. What i would have liked to do was to basically throw two or three hooks at you, sometimes player specific, sometimes just about things that may be happening around you, and just have you kind of split up any way you feel like..

In any case, I would have everybody meet at least once in the beginning before dividing into groups. And then, we will see. Maybe the groups will be of similar speeds, and we can just reshuffle everytime. Maybe they are totally different and it's complete alternate universes. As you said, there could still be "crossovers", as some adventures are intended to be more of city wide events than others.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:17 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Little doublepost here: GleefullNihilism, you forgot to secretbox your stats - it would be nice if you could do that still. Or you know, it has a spoiler button, so just nobody peek...
Old 11-16-2017, 09:20 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16509
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Fixed!