RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9757
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Super, thanks!

Some of you will get to know my love for secret boxes more intimately, i just love a bit of mystery and to hide the metagame. I should really just create an invisibility based supervillain called the secret, honestly...

Last edited by Phettberg; 11-16-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Meoooooow!~

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1713
BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai BloodSamurai
I like secret boxes, lol. And well, really just playing with the codes a bit. You should see some of the things I end up making, lol.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:02 PM
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Super, thanks!

Some of you will get to know my love for secret boxes more intimately, i just love a bit of mystery and to hide the metagame. I should really just create an invisibility based supervillain called the secret, honestly...
sounds just like what the gm would say if they have already done so.

Last edited by gravenimages; 11-16-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:34 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
So having played MnM 2nd edition extensively, moving to 3rd was... interesting. I have added a link to my sheet at the bottom of my app for you, phettberg. Please let me know if I need to make any changes.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:06 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
@darthcharon I never played the second edition that heavily so the switch was pretty easy for me. Anyway, the sheet looks pretty good, no complaints on my end.

Old 11-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Come here often?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Nighthawk
left-aligned image

Name Blake Weston aka "Nighthawk"
Nation of Origin United States
Age 32
Appearance and Personality
Without his suit on, Blake is a charming man who strives to be successful. He is handsome, fit, and charismatic. He knows that politics gets one far in life, especially in business, and despite his extensive training and experience fighting crime as Nighthawk, Blake knows that some battles can only be won without the suit, so he plays the politics game wherever he can. In the public eye, Blake can often be seen at formal gatherings telling jokes and making new connections. Outside the public eye, Blake is merciless, beating up thugs and henchmen and killing super-powered individuals in order to protect the innocent and, in a way, avenge his parents' deaths.

Biography
Blake Weston was born in New York City, New York, to a couple who were on the verge of divorce. Blake's father was a wealthy business man who spent all of his time at the office trying to make his next million while his wife, Blake's mother, stayed at home. Blake was well taken care of for the first few years of his life. While he barely saw his father, Blake was surrounded by all the toys, all the games, and all the love he could ever want, so he grew up believing that a family was a child and his mother.

When Blake was a few weeks into his first Kindergarten class, his mother told him that his father had acquired a business in a place called Unity City and that the family was moving. Blake didn't want to leave his friends or new school, and while he had voiced his disapproval for leaving, his opinion wasn't enough, and Blake soon found himself in a new school in a new city surrounded by new friends. He was placed in another private school alongside other wealthy children, and after a few weeks he didn't even notice a difference in schools.

A year passed. Blake had made friends and was flourishing in school. One day, when he was sitting with his classmates, a pair of police officers came into his classroom and took a confused Blake to the counselor's office. It was here that Blake was informed of his parents' deaths. Blake's parents' relationship had been rocky, so the duo decided to take a private vacation without their son, leaving Blake in the care of a woman named Martha Thompson, Blake's father close friend and personal accountant, while they rekindled their love for each other. During their time down at a tropical island getaway, Blake's parents were caught in the sights of a rogue, super-powered individual who was testing his newfound powers. Blake's parents were killed when the resort was attacked by this same individual, and nobody stepped in to help.

Blake was entrusted to the care of Martha Thompson after his parents' death. Martha was a woman in her late forties who had been a financial advisor to Blake's father and helped with the finances for his newly-acquired business. She was a caring, if stern, woman who had a daughter of her own near Blake's age; she was agreed to have been Blake's godmother by both of Blake's parents shortly after moving to Unity City due to her closeness to Blake's father and the fact that she had a daughter near Blake's age. She loved Blake but favored her own daughter and became more of a caregiver than an actual parent to Blake.

Blake's father entrusted Blake with a vast fortune--more money than he could ever need in a lifetime, even several lifetimes. But Blake didn't care about the money. Blake was upset that his parents were dead, and he decided to take matters into his own hand. Martha allowed Blake to travel the world and to learn as much as he could about combat, espionage, weaponry, science, medicine, and everything in between in order to better himself. He spent over 15 years becoming the best person he could be physically, intellectually, and sometimes even spiritually.

Blake had one goal: to protect the world from super-powered beings. He was angry at the world for his parents' deaths, believing that it could have been avoided had someone stepped in to help. He swore to become that person; to rid the world of super-powered individuals wishing to inflict harm onto others. For years he protected Unity City from those who wished it harm. The slow but steady influx of 'Supers' over the past few years has kept him busy, and he faced Death in the face more often than he would care to admit, but he continued his work to keep those without powers safe at night.

Powers Gadgets and kung-fu. (Let's be real: he's Batman.)
Complications He's human, although a really durable human, in a world full of super-powered individuals. He also has a secret identity as the crime-fighting Nighthawk. He doesn't want his identity to become public for fear of those he cares about becoming targeted and attacked. He also doesn't want to lose face with his shareholders and various political businessmen, and he fears being ousted as Nighthawk would destroy what he has built behind the scenes.
Motivation Justice. While he doesn't blame himself for his parents' death, Blake wants to gain the power to stop other super-powered individuals from suffering the same fate. He continually improves himself in order to protect those who cannot.
Relationships Blake has two people in his life who he loves more than his own life. The first person is Martha Thompson. Martha was there for Blake after his parents' deaths, and she helped keep him alive for several years before he went to discover himself and become Nighthawk. The second person is Martha's daughter, Vanessa Thompson. Blake has fallen in love with Vanessa but doesn't know if the feeling is mutual and believes that attempting to find out would only put her at risk of his enemies finding and using her to get to him.

Last edited by BrokenPlayer; 11-16-2017 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1570
Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker Snicker
I probably don't have to say it (you'll see it when reviewing the applications, after all), but I slipped in an RP sample just before the deadline.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Phew. I also slipped in the RP sample just before the deadline. At the deadline? Something.

Uhm. Kindof meandering I guess? But hopefully it conveys the fact that she is a meatshield who hits things until they can't hit back.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4789
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Well unfortunately I have to announce my withdrawal. Adam's background just wasn't coming as easily as I hoped. It's a shame as I really wanted to play a guy who could turn into a nanobot arachnid swarm
Old 11-17-2017, 10:56 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
Well unfortunately I have to announce my withdrawal.
Sorry to hear that. It sounds like it would have been interesting, but sometimes it is better to leave an idea if you have to force it. I wish you all the best nonetheless.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7923
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Close enough for you to get the flavor:
Mac has had a pretty easy life. But perhaps, that is just because he's smart, works hard, and darn it, people like him. Most goals and targets have fallen before him. But last year, at the time of the event, he got moved up to the big leagues. Even though his power level has been increased, it is not going to take any less hard work to succeed in this new arena. He has always been a warrior for justice, but now, he had become Justice.

Last edited by Maghnuis; 11-03-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:04 AM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7923
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Cleaned up the above a bit. Mountain time zone. Hope there was enough earlier to be official.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:04 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Alright i have read through all of the applications one final time and have my players selected. I went for eight after all - frankly because all applications were quite strong.

Player Character
GleefulNihilism Blake Dawson / "Downshift"
Notahoneybadger Adria Taes
Bagginses Lincoln Chan / "Bleak"
Kanly Splinter
Gravenimages Alayna Alvarado / "Feather"
Snicker Bethany Bennett
Haunted Panda Eyrine Aquamarine / "Siren"
darthcharon Raymond Michigan / "Fulcrum"

Game thread is over here for everybody that was selected or just wants to read along.

To all those that were not: Thanks for the time and effort - it was a blast reading through everything, but sadly i can't take all. If any you feel like you'd want to shadow the game to possibly step in if a player ever drops out, just tell me. Also if anybody has a problem with me possibly still using their created npcs say so, it's your intellectual property after all.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 282
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Congrats to all who made it in. Have fun everybody. =)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash