RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 12:58 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2032
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Oh hell yeah. I’ll think of something this week. Sounds awesome!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:14 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Guardian of the Forests of Thessall, Daughter of Chief Thunder Swiftrunner:
right-aligned image

Name: Shiara Swiftrunner
Race:
  • Monstrous Humanoid
  • Large size
  • +2 Strenth
  • +2 Wisdom
  • Natural armor +2
  • Speed 40 ft
  • Darkvision 60 ft
  • Quadraped
16 Rp points
Centaur
Initial Class: Archer specializedWarrior

Description and Personality: Shiara's equine body is that of a fifteen hand quarter horse with pale tan fur and her human body is that of a young woman with long brown hair that often falls loose and wild down her back and front. In total, she stands about seven and half feet tall, average size for a centaur her age. She barely wears any clothing among her own people but does don a chest wrap when she attempts to mingle with humans.

She is often playful and enjoys running, letting the wind blow through her hair. She also enjoys the taste of honeyed wine and ale. She is somewhat bubbly but can easily take offense to allusions of being more beast than human in action or intelligence. When she does take offense it is usually in the form of brash or brazen fits of anger that often result in physical bullying, pushing around and stomping of her hooves along with a violent whipping of the tail and the use of some very hurtful words.

Background: Shiara was born in the world of Thessall, a land of luxuriously rolling hills with tall grass and lightly populated forests with very old and tall trees. The two most numerous races that populate Thessall are the Centaurs and the humans. At one time, Centaurs and humans lived at peace, fully intermingled and peaceful but then a serious afront was taken 'against' the humans when a festival event went horribly wrong where a group of Centaurs became overly intoxicated and began grabbing up and carrying off a couple female humans, all in jest of course but it was taken all wrong.

Now the plains are separated and the city of Capira that is populated by humans is a forbidden area for Centaurs. While the Centaurs lost a large portion of the rolling plains to the humans, the forests remain solely territory of the Centaurs and has become something that need guarded from greedy humans. Shiara is the daughter of Chief Thunder Swiftrunner and is soon to become a Guardian of the Forests just as her father and grandfather.

Unfortunately, Shiara is not looking forward to her Guardianship, she still has an idea in her mind that just because humans imposed the separation of their two races, there might still be hope to someday live in true peace once again. She keeps this hope alive mainly and due to her love a human who lives in the Capira. He is a dreamy, muscly teenager who is quickly on his way to being a hero among his people. Shiara only sneaks off at night to meet with Veserius so that neither her parents nor his will find out.

RP Sample: Shiara pushed past the hide curtain-door and pranced into her cavern home, her hooves clicking across the stone as she nearly danced into the living quarters. Father had sent out a messenger to find her on the edge of the forest, telling her of a letter that had arrived for her.

She brushes past her younger brother, Ezekial who is just milling about, grazing on some dried meat and berries, then picks up the letter and unfolds it carefully. She pushes a lock of hair back over her ear as she reads the words then nearly jumps for joy, her front legs nearly landing on the tabletop before her, "Ezekial, I am going to be a hero!"

Although Ezekial is young, he has heard of the mysterious academy but until now, no one from Thessall had ever been chosen as far as they knew, He rounded the table and tried to get a look at the letter but he was just too short until Shiara lowered it enough for him. Then her father entered the room, his huge stallion hooves clomped on the stone and his black equine body was large and nearly pushed both children out of the way to take the letter from Shiara, confusion showed on his face as he reached for a quill and laid both letter and quill on the table, then pointed at it, "Go ahead, my daughter, Sign and embrace your destiny."

She had only a second thought that her father would be upset but she knew he was more the straighforward type, not one to revel in the moment. She grabbed up the quill and signed then the other words appeared and she eagerly read them, "Father, it says I have to follow a river to a large body of water..I'll follow the Megavos to the White Ocean, only a three days run, at most." She didn't wait for the nod from her father, he never showed emotions but she knew he would be proud of her. She pranced from the room and into her own room and began gathering her things.

This was a thing of legends and myths and myths were something this land had in abundance. She would be like Herecles the great hero or perhaps Thena the warrior princess!

Last edited by Arthilian01; 04-25-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19852
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
What kind of posting rate were you looking for?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Question: I have always wanted to play a Centaur but have never had the opportunity to find it fitting in any campaign...What's the level adjustment/requirements for it or would it be troublesome?

I would be willing to give up the +2 natural armor, and as many +2's to stats as you want me to to make it more even to a first level.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 03-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6713
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
@Kaylara: Merfolk should be fine.

@Krow Nest: Can you provide the PRD link to Lizardfolk and hyperlink it in your app? I saw it, I just want to make sure I can click it easily when I review apps later.

@Imveros: Added a blurb to the advertisement. I am looking for at least twice per week, but I imagine that I will want it to be higher when we are working on the main story arc (hopefully every other day!). But as I mention in the ad, I am mostly interested in player presence, i.e., that player's are checking the game thread and commenting (even if they aren't posting an in-game post), which would ideally be like every other day. Did I communicate that clearly?

@Arthilian: Centaur could definitely be made to be fair game. Let's not do level adjustments (that just seems annoying), and instead, let's just modify the example template. Let's say, you have 16 RP points max (though you can use less!).
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I will use everything except the +2 to con, str, dex for 16 RP.

Expect my application complete soon.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Fixed yo
Old 03-19-2018, 05:30 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 112
FamnDool FamnDool
left-aligned image
Name: Jyardan Knowmn
Race: Gnome
Initial Class: Aristocrat

Description and Personality: Jyardan is probably the smallest Gnome you've ever seen, barely reaching 2'4". His large, bulbous nose balances the long, swept back, ears, and sits above thick, sultry, lips. His pale blue cotton shirt covers a safely plump belly, and his denim style pants stretch to their limits above soft, well made, black work boots.

Background: On Selidar Santa Claus is a demi-god who can freeze time. Once a year he freezes the world, and he and his army of elves invade, rewarding all of the good children, and taking the evil ones away to serve as slaves for one year in his Toy Shoppe. There are a lot of good children on Selidar. The Tooth Fairy transmutes the rotted teeth of children into alchemical silver, which is then sold to the government for use in minting coins. Toothsilver coins are highly prized, being a shinier form of silver than what comes out of the ground. Big Bad Wolfs are Werewolves who feed exclusively on little girls, old ladies, and young pigs. Magic is abundant, technology is not.

RP Sample:
Running down the road, Jyardan was ecstatic. Reaching into himself he cast Dancing Lights, forming them into three stars revolving around his head. Clutching the letter he crowed to the world Me! Me! They picked me!

Getting home, he burst though the door. Dad! Dad! he yelled. His dad came running into the room. Jayrdan shoved the letter under his dad's nose. Look, look, just like Granddad! The Academy picked ME! I'm gonna be FAMOUS!

Clutching the letter to his chest, he spun around in the living room, crooning to himself.

A hero, a hero, I get to be a hero...

Last edited by FamnDool; 03-23-2018 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Out of all designs, you chose god damn gnomeo
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
@Everyone: I added a list of schools and colleges at the Academy of Heroes, in case you wanted to be future thinking about your academic careers (though at the start of the game, you'll of course not know anything about this).

@Krow Nest: FYI, this is a pathfinder game not a 5e game. We won't be using any rules from 5e. You can review the Pathfinder rules here!
Old 03-19-2018, 07:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ah! I forgot! Sorry, been stuck playing so much 5E lately

EDIT: Fixed!

Last edited by Krow Nest; 03-19-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:02 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5224
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Expressing definite interest. Will put the full app together shortly.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm sorry, Dalaran, I think I am going to withdraw. Can't find the proper art/inspiration
Old 03-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Touketsu: Glad you are excited!

@Rhaiber: Welcome!

Old 03-20-2018, 10:41 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19155
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Here's the base idea..

Below is a place holder. I need to taylor it to this campaign still, but it should be enought here to give a general idea of the character base.

Will most likely start out as an adept...

Last edited by kaylara; 03-20-2018 at 10:45 PM.