RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
interested but need to ponder concept
Old 03-21-2018, 11:12 AM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5224
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
Old 03-21-2018, 05:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6713
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
@Arithilian: That's all right. Rather have excited and inspired characters than "meh" ones.

@Konton: Look forward to what you come up with!

Old 03-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Tug of Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2332
Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18 Framm18
Imber Pyrestone

Name: Imber ďImpyĒ Pyrestone
Race: Gnome
Initial Class: Commoner

Description and Personality:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Imber (2).jpg
Views:	5
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	76198
Imber is a playful trickster young gnome, much to the chagrin to the Dwarves that have raised him. Roughly average size for a young gnome, his green eyes and fiery orange hair betray his sense of wonder and mischievousness. He rarely has met a stranger, and those that are close to him know to be weary of his tricks.

Background:
  • Born to unknown parents, Imber was left at the doorstep of the Oakenshield Forge Guild in Thorngard. Rumors about an Orc raid in the Southern Gnomish Country of Faevale, was the only clue as to the origins of the babe.
  • The guild was divided on whether to take in the young baby or hand him over to the orphanage run by the local temple. Oren and Hagrid pushed for the baby and convinced the others that someday Imber would make them proud.
  • Oren, Hagrid, Hilda (Orenís wife), and Brunhild (Hagridís wife) were the four Dwarves to take on the main responsibilities of raising the young gnome.
  • Growing up, Impy was trained in the arts of Forging, while showing some skills, he was more focused on playing pranks and inventing tools to assist in his endeavors.

RP Sample: "Ach, whereís Impy gone to now?" Hagrid asked ďHe just got a letter from somewhere.Ē Hagrid looked around for the troublesome Gnome. Oren came over, "Give it ta me. Iíll make sure he gets it, go back to forging that new pickaxe for the client."~~~~

At the same time, Impy was slyly putting his new trick in place for the old Hagrid, one of the few Dwarves that didnít react harshly to his pranks. Impy heard Hagridís voice coming into the forging room, looking around for a place to hide, he found a spot behind some anvils in the corner of the room. "Where can that boy have gone off to." Hagrid mumbled under his breath. "Ah well, I need ta get this order done, now whereís ma Ďammer?" As he grabbed the hammer, Impy shifted slightly to get a better angle of the prank he was playing to the stuffy old Dwarf. As the hammer met the red hot metal, there was a loud, deafening explosion that threw the old Dwarf off his feet and rung Imberís ears. Seeing the disaster Imber fled to his room without waiting to see what had happened to his friend and parent figure.~~~~~~

As Oren entered the room, Imber was sitting on his bed with tears. "I-I-Is he gonna beÖ." Imber choked up with tears still rolling down his face. "Aye lad, Hagrid is made of tough stuff, though he will be out of commission for a bit." Oren said while sitting on the bed, with a sad smile on his face. "However, we have more important matters to discuss. This was the worst prank yet, and it is unfortunately something I canít overlook this time. I am going to Ďave to banish ya from the guild until ya can prove that ya have matured." Imber was crestfallen at the news that he would no longer be a member of the guild that had raised him. Sure he found the Dwarves stuffy and boring, but they were the only family he had left, and what would he do, now that he was kicked out. Oren cleared his throat to get Imberís attention again. "This letter just came fer ya." Oren handed over the letter. "I suggest reading it over and heading to Loch Grodnir. Just know Hagrid and I are proud of ya and know big things are in your future. Come back a hero." ~~~~~~

At the Loch, Imber read the letter again for the third time. ďMe a hero? After what I just did, I donít understand, but if Oren and Hagrid think I am capable, then I am going to show them that I can be one.Ē Imber thought as looked around the lake. "Is anybody here? Iím ready to show the World just how big of a hero this Gnome can be." As he said this, he wrote his name on the line and waited for the next step in the trial. "Who knows, maybe I can show off a few of my non-dangerous pranks to my fellow classmates." Imberís mood lightening a little as the warm air and fresh scents started to swirl around him.

Last edited by Framm18; 04-11-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:05 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2098
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Sounds fun! I'm thinking...a kineticist? Is that fair game?
Old 03-22-2018, 12:58 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I have completed an application, Sorry for withdrawing and coming back but I have found some appropriate inspiration, I know the picture isn't exactly 'anime' but i got stuck on it and couldn't let it go. I hopes you likes it.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19852
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I have a rough draft of my application sitting in my private thread waiting for further refinement. I'm going to sleep on it, give it a coat of polish, and post it up tomorrow evening.

It turned out a little darker than I'd planned, but I'm quite excited by what I have so far. Stay tuned!
Old 03-22-2018, 01:19 AM
Outcast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4404
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
Tsadok

Name: Tsadok
Race: Half-Orc
Initial Class: Commoner

Old 03-22-2018, 03:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28383
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
@dalarangreen,

Alright, I probably should not be doing this, but you caught me a mood... so here is me throwing a hat in the ring.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian

Xian ApplicationName: Joseph "Joey" Arthur Mason
Race: Human
Class: Commoner

Physical description (Real World): Joey is very lanky dark haired teen whose appearance and clothing are evident of his growing up and working for years on a farm and the outdoors. Despite his outwardly slight frame, the hard work on the farm has both toughened and strengthened the young man. Still, many that do not know him mistake his country demeanor as sign of backwardness and treat him accordingly. Still, Joey is rarely is without a smile and things hardly seem to bring him down. Joey prefers to dress comfortably and casually whenever he is permitted and is usually never without his favorite straw hat passed to him from his father. Still many view Joey's accent and attire as a novelty or an oddity depending on who they were.

Personality: Joey is very mellow personality most of the time and his outlook to most normal people as probably overly optimistic and a bit naive. At his very core, Joey wants to help people, but he never felt empowered or able to truly save those that he loved. Still, these losses only strengthened Joey's resolve. His second core personality trait is the desire to break from the stereotypical box that those around have put him in. While his stoic and resilient personality has permitted him to bear these burden through the years, there are more than one occasion that Joey has wished that he could just fit in... not judged on his appearance, his accent, or pedigree.

Background:

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 03-22-2018 at 10:39 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
I hate to sound like an ass... but you couldn't choose a character who isn't like..... well known? I just think it'd be hard to see the character any other way
Old 03-22-2018, 03:40 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28383
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
I hate to sound like an ass... but you couldn't choose a character who isn't like..... well known? I just think it'd be hard to see the character any other way
Well I couldn't find any pictures of Larry the Cable Guy that fit so you'll just have to find a way to live with it!

Anyway, don't sweat the picture...read the character write up which is what matters most. It is easy to change out pics if dalaran has too much of an issue with it. It is not like Joey is a pirate or anything similar to Luffy.

Onward!

Cheers, Xian
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 03-22-2018 at 03:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
New to pathfinder but this game looks really cool, especially the infinite freedom for our character backgrounds. I'm hesitant to apply seeing all the quality apps made in only four days, but I really want to. I'd probably play a post apocalyptic aristocrat/mayor, based on another character I made some time ago.

But I feel I should ask first if you'd take a newbie? I've played plenty of DnD and at a glance pathfinder looks largely the same, are there any significant differences I should know about?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19852
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
I can't speak for the boss, but I'd focus on the story and let the crunch fall into place. I'll be more than happy to help you with all the moving parts even if I'm not selected!

If you've played 3.5 you're 80% of the way there already. That's also the beauty of PbP plenty of time to double check the rules and plan things out.

It also helps that our first level has been pared down to a short list. Option paralysis can be a big problem with a game as seasoned as Pathfinder.

Good luck with the story!

Last edited by Imveros; 03-22-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:17 PM
Outcast

Tools
User Statistics
Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin Tafratin
He is correct. you are mostly there. read:

https://rpg.stackexchange.com/questi...and-pathfinder

OR

http://files.meetup.com/1510990/Path...Conversion.pdf

Then join us!

Last edited by Tafratin; 03-22-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:22 PM
Outcast

Tools
User Statistics
HI kaylara, hows the weather out west where you are?