RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-02-2018, 12:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1011
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
I'm interested! I think this will be a perfect game to try out a race that isn't usually accepted..although I'm fairly new to Pathfinder (coming from 5e) I have been learning a lot in another game. Will be working on my application soon!

edit: App is completed.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Mirabelle "Mira" Blackrose
Race: Kitsune
Initial Class: Aristocrat

OOC: Couldn't find a perfect image, but this is close - except that Mira has only one tail and her hair/fur color is much darker and more red, less orange. My photoshop skill is lacking :P

Last edited by ElvenMaiden; 04-08-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:58 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6274
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Good to see you, ElvenMaiden!
Old 04-02-2018, 01:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Good to see you, ElvenMaiden!
Hello there!

Old 04-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Imaginary

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2098
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
@dalarangreen - Thanks for the feedback. Updates and additions made to my app. He's a bit more clearly motivated now, I think.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
Vedaelyn Vedaelyn
Name: Arizou
right-aligned image

Race: Skinwalker - Scaleheart (stuck in shifted form)
Initial Class: Commoner

Description: Standing at 6’5” and over 300lbs, Arizou can be intimidating to the other students. He is much larger than one would expect from someone just nearing adulthood. His scales are large, thick, and an unusual blue color. His tail is muscular and laterally compressed. This gives him an appearance closer to that of a crocodile than the more common lizardfolk. His bright yellow eyes are small and deep set, making him appear as if he’s always brooding.

Personality: Patient. Slow to anger but once pushed beyond the breaking point he erupts in a frenzy that usually means someone is getting bitten. Tends to grunt rather than go into lengthy responses. He’s direct and to the point, sometimes painfully so. He adheres to the truth, though it usually ruins what little bedside manner he does have. Tries to avoid standing out. Fiercely loyal to those he considers dear. Has the habit of slapping his tail against the ground when irritated, worried, or anxious. He feels much calmer in or near bodies of water. I’m sure more quirks will come up once in game.

Background: Scales comes from a world where there is only one civilized race, the Ri’lera. They are similar in appearance and behavior to the humans that are found on other worlds. Besides the Ri’lera there are many other sentient races but they remain primitive and warlike, a constant threat to the Ri’lera’s more peaceful way of life. Arizou himself admits that he is from among these less civilized races. He is rather close-lipped about his past leading up to the academy.

Last edited by Vedaelyn; 04-25-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 506
Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve
Application
Name: Dalmar Sweetbrew

Race: Dwarf

Initial Class: Expert

Description and Personality: Dalmar is a dwarf with a stocky build and below-average height. His bright red hair and beard are reminiscent of a bright fire. He himself is quite wild, liable to do anything at any moment. Dalmar praises Cayden Cailean and the importance of a good family drink. This dwarf loves puzzles and conundrums, but can grow quickly frustrated when a solution refuses to appear.

Background: In the dwarven town of Crystal Ridge, the Sweetbrews worked as brewers of traditional dwarven ale and mead. Dalmar's father, Hrolland used the same recipe for his brews that his great-grandfather used six-hundred and thirty-two years ago. The citizens of Crystal Ridge built their way of life upon tradition and order. Dalmar hates the way they are, and has schemed up a way to make his own way in life. With an invitation to the Academy of Heroes, he may finally be free.

RP Sample:

Hrolland took a sip of a very freshly made ale.

"Boy, what in Torag's name did you do to this?" He seemed displeased.

"I used butterscotch to contrast the bitterness," Dalmar replied.

"Butterscotch?! Are you mad? That should never be any where near an ale, especially a dwarvish pale ale. We have a recipe for a reason. Follow it!"

This was the type of disagreement that Dal never won. Even when he was right. Maybe he could try a new tactic. Deceit.

"Everything you said is true, sir. Butterscotch was a poor choice, especially for a hearty dwarf's drink. I guess I should review the recipe".

Hrolland began to soften. "Oh, that's a good idea. It's in my office as always." Dalmar attempted a quick exit.

"Dal, sorry I yelled". There was no reply.

He was intent on going into his father's office and throwing the recipe directly into the fireplace. It would be quick and easy.

When Dalmar entered his father's office, he saw an odd letter on Hrolland's desk. His thoughts of burning the recipe were forgotten.

After reading the letter, Dal says softly to himself, "I guess the old fart wasn't interested. I wonder what happens if I sign it?"

"Oh my, that is magnificent! Praise be to you, Caiden Cailean!"

Clutching the letter very tightly, Dalmar sprinted outside of his house. A pond he used to swim in as a child was nearby his home, and it was the largest body of water he could think of. Diving in head first, Dal appears in a new realm.

It worked...

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Demonlord Steve; 04-04-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: made a goof
Old 04-03-2018, 04:42 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13605
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
left-aligned image
Name: Samartliani Dana
Race: Goblin
Initial Class: Commoner
Dog: Msubuki, sheep (and riding) dog

Description and Personality: Sam is a quiet, feminine girl of eleven (or rather, the human equivalent to that in age and maturity - she's never given it much thought). She's the daughter of a well-off family in her tribe, and her warren (think: house) is personally responsible for a herd of thirty-seven mountain sheep. As the youngest daughter out of seven girls and three boys, she is often treated as the "baby" of the family. Unlike her older sisters, Sam has a relatively easy life, and she's spent the majority of her time out in the fields taking care of the sheep and training in the ways of combat taught by her older sisters, who - all but Sts’rapi Kari, whom is only two years older than her - are official tribal outriders. Sam thus wishes to be an outrider like her sisters and practices a fair amount - she isn't lazy - but she doesn't see the need to pursue a spartan lifestyle like many of the other goblins in her tribe. She is just as happy roaming the fields and their brooks, caring for the sheep, and she's particularly suited to it, such that the dowry she will demand of her future husband will make for a mighty herd indeed. Same has a gentleness and kindness to her that the others can only admire. She is soft around the edges, though inside she has a heart of hardened gold that can stand up to challenges when required.

It's just that she's not required to do much of that adventurous hero stuff. Of course, she'll sit around dreaming of being a heroine who would travel to far lands and treat with many races, solving their problems with the same love she's been shown all her life, and vanquishing monsters (who invariably are wolf or tiger-like in her imagination) that threat the people and their goats. She dreams this way while combing the burrs out of a lamb's coat, or harvesting gooseberries from the mountain shrubs in autumn, or while combing her hair and dabbing on a bit of the "makeup" that her sisters use when they go to festivals or off to meet potential suitors. She'll even go off into the heart of the tribal center, that space between the warrens where buildings of utility and gathering bring the tribe together, wearing such makeup: a hint of blush upon her cheeks with hair combed straight and lustrous brown, spilling down her back, her bright eyes scanning the center, and the dress her father made her making her appear even more beautiful in the eyes of the boys her age. They stammer when they speak to her, and Sam is quiet if not a little bit shy, so she often says little in return, but her silence is not aloof. She genuinely cares about the people around her, and she'll sit sometimes with her sisters and talk about which boy from which family is the cutest, and who she'd like to marry one day and who she'll more likely marry, that Mother would pick out for her. Sam is thoughtful but inquisitive, quiet but commanding of respect, gentle but fierce when the rare need calls upon her to lead - for in her culture, it is the females who control both warren and tribe, and she has six older sisters of whom to live up to.

Background: Sam has come from a multicultural world in the heart of the multiverse, which her people calls Msoplioshi. She is from the tribe Shavi Svet’ebi in the goblin highland nation Samimta. Samimta is a three mountains connected by high passes and valleys. The goblins there are known for the sheep and goats they raise, and the black explosive powder they make. A smattering of dwarves and adventurous humans live in the region as well, mostly mining. Samimta is a large region, and the goblin tribes are spread across it, with 150-500 people per tribe. Sam's tribe has about 230 people, and she knows everyone despite being young. Like all the goblin tribes in Samimta, hers is a matriarchy, with the female heads-of-households managing their herds, while the men care for the household. As such, Sam has tended to the flocks in the fields above their warren, often camping out for many nights (though rarely alone). She has learned how to tend to the flocks and how to camp out - make a fire, set her tent, and the art of riding and fighting from her older sisters. She is the youngest in her family, and the kindest of everyone - often mistaken for the softest too, though she can be as tough as any other goblin if called upon. She has certainly been protected by her family, the "baby", and her more girly tendencies has led to her being doted upon by other families, both in her tribe and in other tribes at the yearly Brdzeni Shek’reba. Sam simply sees the world as something to be cherished and enjoyed - she has never known war or violence, as the older girls and women often ride out to hunt the wolves than would encroach on their territory. It is only in her own practice sessions as an outrider-in-training that she has gotten hurt.

The LetterSam did not know where the letter came from, but she felt fairly certain of why. After all, this had been the first night she had stayed out alone the whole time with the herd, not simply as a shepard but as a novice outrider as well. She had riddin out from her warren with her backpack and gear, her blanket and saddle upon Msubuki's back, her short spear slung at her side. Though she was not expected to encounter any beasts - her training had not progressed that far - she nonetheless had to be physically prepared for the time when her trials would come. Last night had been the first night where she rode out among the herd alone, had made a campfire alone, had prepared her food and cleaned her tools and then slept under the stars alone. Though she wasn't really alone, she felt - she had Msubuki, and she knew that very likely just out of site was one of her older sisters watching over her, Sast’ik’i T’uchebi or Gatsisk’rovnebuli Ghimili. Even if they were there, her warren was only an hour away, and beyond the warren the rest of her tribe - and from there, all of the world that she knew, all the tribes of Samimta. So the question as she rose in the morning was not where the letter came from, but which of her tribe had left it, and what it contained.

Her certainty had vanished by the time she had finished reading it. The letter was not about her first night out, about the trials or even goblin-kind. It spoke of school, one she'd never heard of before. It might be a prank, or it might be serious: she wasn't sure. What she did know was that it was worth investigating. Quickly (or perhaps not) and carefully she packed up her camp, putting her gear upon the back of Msubuki and climbing aboard. She had camped not far from a stream, and she knew that this stream led to a lake from which there was no exit, no outward flow. The letter had said to follow any body of water and the creature who had wrote it would be waiting there, so this is the body of water she'd follow. If they were sailing, they could not escape the mountain lake (what lowlanders would call nary a pond), and if they were on foot they would not be able to keep up with her, for outriders were the fastest of all creatures in the world. Besides, it was morning still, and she had all of the day to tend to the flock before returning to the warren. This jaunt would only take a few hours.

Curiousity killed the cat - especially when that cat was on the end of an outrider's spear. But no one has ever talked about what curiousity does to goblins, and Sam didn't think of it as she purposefully followed the stream towards the alpine lake. It was jest, surely, or maybe a trap - but Sam had no true concept of danger, and did not worry about such thoughts fleeting as they were. So as morning waxed into noon she arrived at the lake, though she was wise enough to not dismount, and looked around it, and saw no one. There was a slight breeze stirring the tall grass around the edges, the ground broken only by boulders, and the sounds being that which is expected: the rustling grass, the trickling brook, the singing of insects and the chattering of small creatures, mice and moles and pica. Sam was just a bit let down - besides herself and the lake, there was no one else. The letter was just that: a ruse, a fake, a joke. Sam was dissapointed that this school didn't exist - who hadn't dreamed of being a hero? - but also relieved. She had the herd to tend to before going back, after all, and the letter would make for an interesting story.

I am Samartliani Dana, she said aloud, equally addressing the empty lake and Msubuki, whose small black eyes strained to look up at her upon his back. And I am not afraid of becoming a Hero. Why she said it, she did not know. Perhaps to quiet the doubt in her own heart, about what she would've done had someone been waiting.

There was a slight breeze stirring the tall grass around the edges, the ground broken only by boulders, and the sounds being that which is expected: the rustling grass, the trickling brook, the singing of insects and the chattering of small creatures, mice and moles and pica. But Sam and Msubuki were gone, vanished from the lake as if they had never been there, and the only proof they had was the trail the dog had left from the campsite where they'd stayed the night, to the edge of the lake. Where she had gone, she did not know, and would only be made aware of the passing after she had arrived at her destination. Did she only blink after speaking and would see the lake once her eyes opened? Or would she see something else?

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; 04-05-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:14 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5846
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Bekkel is ready to be reviewed.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28383
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
i'm in. Posting interest
Atalla is in the house. It just got real now!

Cheers, Xian
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6713
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
@Framm18: Don't worry, you still have a few weeks to get those thoughts to digitized paper.

@Demonlord Steve: Welcome! Any particular reason why your character sometimes (but not all the time) is named after me? :P

@ElvenMaiden: Excited to learn more about the Kitsune.

@Vedaelyn: Welcome! And welcome to the site! Let me know if you want a review of your app at some point, be happy to give you feedback.

@Atalla: Ho ho! Great to see you poking your head around Atalla! Looking forward to your app.

@Exhibit: Noted. I'll take a look this weekend!
Old 04-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I think my application is ready to be reviewed, if you please!

Old 04-04-2018, 05:02 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 506
Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve Demonlord Steve

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 04-05-2018, 02:53 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 114
Vedaelyn Vedaelyn
@dalarangreen: Thank you. If you wouldn't mind doing the review. No rush or anything. It might help me regardless if I make the cut or not.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
I'm withdrawing my application, decided to start a game instead. Good luck all.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19852
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazaq View Post
I'm withdrawing my application, decided to start a game instead. Good luck all.
We're sad to see you go, but good luck with your new game!

@dalarangreen: I've started working on your suggested additions. I should have them up either tonight or tomorrow!