twitter facebook

Notices

Old 07-30-2018, 12:08 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5428
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
I figured we were all gagged..........so my post can probably be when they haven't yet relaxed. Early in their confinement. And I think I saw Rene eat his gag.

Last edited by GeneT; 07-30-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:12 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
At some point, you guys need to eat, so there are occasions to chat a bit.

They feed you one cell at a time and wait for that cell to have finish eating before going to the next. They give about 30 min before attaching you back on the wall. This is not sustainable for long time incarceration, they must be waiting for something to happen or someone.

For the two casters René and Tatsuo they take extra precautions, ready to smash them at the first sign of spellcasting.

They don't seem to worry or knowing about Rana abilities to cast (Vigilante).

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-30-2018 at 12:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Even if I manage to cobble together a way to do it, it won't go well if guards hear the casters whispering?

So, we can flit to a scene where our cell is eating? Otherwise, it is going to get really boring or really weird just making eyes at each other.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:49 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Not eating time at the moment.

Yes, in the case of René and Tatsuo it’s boring, beside whispering among themselves with the gag. If the guards hear them, they might think they are casting, but if they keep it discreet, should be fine. We are still in soft launch, guards won’t bother them for now. They can chat if they want, maybe the guards were distracted at that time. They are not perfect.

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-30-2018 at 01:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:09 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
To be completely honest, I thought I missed a cutoff point. Though I am completely sure 9 slots was of great help.

Also a question, for my Mystic Bolts (Su) class feature, does my character need to perform a great somatic component to make a melee or a ranged form of energy? Or can it be wielded as a free action, as it were?
Old 07-30-2018, 03:52 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13574
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Hello all, a bit late popping in here since tonight was my tabletop RPG night. Like I mentioned before, my Pathfinder knowledge is hardly encyclopedic and though I've played plenty of D&D 3.5 so I know all the mechanics fine, I might need a hand with some of the finer points. I'll get to work on my actual sheet tomorrow, a bit worn out at the moment and about to sleep. To answer a couple questions though, and clarify one, Xan'cha speaks Matoyatil, which is basically the common tongue of the southern continent. The only one other than her who would have any degree of command of it would be Alexander Rador, who was the one who taught her the language, history, and customs of the empire, or at least tried his best to do so. In the process he learned some of her language as well. But other than a few words she may have shared with those she has met before (all of which are probably dirty, since that's the way it always is) nobody else up here speaks it. Her command of imperial common isn't the greatest either, as her reactions may have shown. Xan'cha is a caster as well, but since those who abducted her thought they were grabbing Aria Rador, who is definitely not a caster, they may be unaware of this. She's pretty much a healmonkey as far as spells and abilities, with some buffs and even some charm-type magic thrown in. But if a fight breaks out don't expect a lot of damage, just to be clear with her abilities.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I added a recap in an OOC block the guards patterns.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...60#post8082060

Xan'cha and Rana weren't identified as a caster, so they are not gagged.

Thanks,

Last edited by MoonZar; 07-30-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:10 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
To be completely honest, I thought I missed a cutoff point. Though I am completely sure 9 slots was of great help.

Also a question, for my Mystic Bolts (Su) class feature, does my character need to perform a great somatic component to make a melee or a ranged form of energy? Or can it be wielded as a free action, as it were?
A warlock can sling projectiles of magical energy at will by shooting a bolt or touching her foe. A melee mystic bolt requires the target to be within reach, and a ranged mystic bolt is a ranged attack with a range of 30 feet. A mystic bolt deals 1d6 points of damage plus 1 for every 4 vigilante levels the warlock has.

She can probably trigger it in this position, by touching the manacle, but she will hurt herself as well. She can't aim it at someone, while been attached.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/g.../#TOC-Manacles
Old 07-30-2018, 10:17 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
I modified Sayyida's impression of Rana in my last post with respect to what I posted in the app regarding her knowing Rana's ability with magic. I felt that it wasn't something Sayyida may actually know given Rana's Vigilante class and supposed that Sayyida simply assumed Rana has such ability given her country's culture. I wasn't sure if Vaerdis intended it would actually be something known and thought it tipped into OOC knowledge.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, make sense. I hope you guys don't mind to play cousins.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:20 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
Nah. I figure it will be interesting.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
I added a recap in an OOC block the guards patterns.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...60#post8082060

Xan'cha and Rana weren't identified as a caster, so they are not gagged.

Thanks,
I suppose my post needs revisioning, I thought rumors of the sultanate caused everyone to believe royals were casters. Good for me though.

Just to clarify, if I do a melee touch to the manacles or their chains, Rana takes the same elemental damage?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:20 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I suppose my post needs revisioning, I thought rumors of the sultanate caused everyone to believe royals were casters. Good for me though.
Possibly someone could make this simple deduction, however the pirates didn't same to care or knowing.

Quote:
Just to clarify, if I do a melee touch to the manacles or their chains, Rana takes the same elemental damage?
Let's make it half.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:00 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
I received a good question and made an adjustment to the welcome post about the pirate attack. That could be important later.

Your friends and companions get slaughtered, you are the last man alive. Knocked down unconscious, captured, a bag over the head and tied up, you get transported to an unknown location.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
So, do we feel the rocking of a ship around us? Or a more stable prison?