RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 11:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
"I am not sure" Pacho replied, keeping his suspicions to himself. He ripped a piece of his shirt off and wrapped it around Taevar’s wrist, tucking it under the the manacles. "It's cold, Keep the metal from the skin if you want to keep your hands."

Pacho stared off into the darkness, listening to the others. All he could make out was whispers but between the pirate and the spy could tell schemes were a foot. He just hope theirs were better than his. "We should be ready" he said to Teaver as he stretched his head out to hear better.

Out of the muffled chatters a new voice chimed in, even drugged groggy Oleisa Knox's speech could not free itself from its stoic inflection. She was someone he knew but didn't know. Through his work their paths crossed often, she was a rather heated topic amongst the Cornaya household. Their fathers got along, Pacho would say they were friends but Armond Corello does not have friends, only interests. It had been that way ever since his father helped the duke locate that hag, Pacho still remembers that day fondly as a young boy luring the old woman into the alley so masked men could drag her off to gods knows where. Happy memories, one of his first jobs, seems so long ago now. Pacho's head sank into his hands, only to be caught by the jerking of the chain as it reach its limit. He pulled himself back rubbing his face.

Pacho pondered the collection of those around him. His distant hope of an Elza grabbing power slowly faded as conspiracies flooded his mind. Elza would never jail her own bastard and cared little for a young Paladin, the same could not be said for her daughter however. The princess had been a concern among st the Corello Network for years, and she was likely the one person besides the queen Zephyr feared. “Its like Ariakas bedded Auraga” he remembered the princess scornfully teasing the bastard spy once as he stood submissively in the background, a good silent shadow. Pacho grazed his fingers along his faded tattoo of Ariakas. “Truth is but the boldest deceit” he muttered to himself.

Pacho once again looked over towards Teavar with empathetic eyes. It could not be easy being a bastard in that family. “What's your name?” Pacho knew but he wanted to hear it for himself, the man was far too honorable to be bare the name Cornaya.

Last edited by gotha; 08-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo & Rene's Cell"Tatsuo. Pleased to meet you." The spy snickers at the mage's reply, though it sounds like half a cough through the gag. "I know; the hospitality here is simply dreadful."

Stretching his torso, Tatsuo appears to grumble, "Especially bothersome that I have this itch on my right." As Rene's gaze inevitably drifts to lying on the far side from cell doorsaid spot on his cellmate, Tatsuo's coat Disguise self (sp)shifts subtly, showing embroidery reading, "So guards don't hear. Mage? Spell suite? Specialty?" Not a ripple passes over the man's outwardly flippant attitude. But Rene may have imagined the briefly intense look in his eyes.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:42 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
René Shenanigans mostly. René tried to sigh and ended up chocking on his gag.

René would need to learn that trick later on.

Spot of good news though, whatever is going to happen will happen soon. The louts have already been paid.

René looked to see if the spider was still in the cell, but it appeared to be nowhere around.

At least someone is free...

I hope Toully's alright. The small man says aloud to himself.

I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner

Taevar gave a nod of gratitude to the man who worked the cloth between his shackles. "Thank you friend, I am not used to this bitter cold.." he explained. "In fact I don't think I've ever been this far North by the weather. The name is Tavear, Taevar Seaborn." he introduced himself.

The fact that his prison mate seemed incredibly alert was not lost on Taevar. In fact he thought the man might as well be holding himself to task better that he. "May I ask what I might call you as well?" he petitioned as he started to let a calm determination fill him. Finally quieting in his struggle against the chains he began to hear what Pancho was listening for, other voices. Quietly he himself began to listen. It was already clear that these smugglers had made some sort of mistake, best not to put his brother in danger by calling out their familiarity with one another. "I'll be ready when the time comes." the bastard promised. Quietly he began to examine the chains for a weakness. If he could break one link off he might be able to use them to his advantage.

Last edited by Avner; 08-01-2018 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid

A brow subtly raises, ever so slightly, upon the paladin’s face at the woman’s obvious lie. The Archduke of Celestya…he had visited Patrenya’s Court not three years prior to watch the Realm’s famous Tourney of Thorns, dragging along his rather precocious daughter. Aria Rador, if memory serves correctly, is fair-skinned and waifish, with bright orange hair. Olesia remembered her well, as she had been forced to break up a childish spat between Aria and a snottish noble boy. Aria had put him in a headlock for some unknown injustice, assuredly teaching the boy a lesson in manners. A very bright, inquisitive girl, Aria was most angelic for the remainder of her stay…but even if she had not seen Aria with her own eyes, this woman claiming to be the Archduke’s child was clearly as far from a Celestyan noble as Taevar was from being a full heir of Be’Tal. Her dark copper-sheen skin, her musical speech, even the grass skirt she presently wore all screamed—absurdity! Nonsense! Poppycock!

Olesia couldn’t guise her obvious incredulity, not rudely, but with great unease. Gods, to think these imbeciles bested me—they can’t even see the obvious! Yet, their lack of intelligence was certainly a blessing where this one is concerned. Question was, how long before they notice their mistake? The gravity of this lingered in the air for a long, awkward moment.

Nodding with a sigh, the paladin gazed up at her chains, lightly testing the strength of her bonds. “Well Aria, you may call me Olesia…and now that I’m awake, you needn’t worry.” The paladin said this matter-of-factly, her confidence stemming from a place far from the reach of fiends and despair. Her cold glare burned with the happy glint of anticipation. I won’t let them snuff out another innocent soul before my eyes.

For now, the best course was to bide her time. Be a good little prisoner. Rest assured, though, she had no intention of bringing disgrace to House Knox. Be it as a prisoner, or by forfeiture of her claim to the Rose Throne. Olesia Knox was not, nor would ever be a subjugated pawn in the hands of vipers.

StatBlock

Last edited by JReid; 08-02-2018 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo & Rene's CellTatsuo chuckles, "I've been know to get up to shenanigans myself." The man gives his best impression of shrug while bound. "Glad the waiting is almost over, though. Cold & dank can get somewhat boring after a while." His garb shifts again to display, "How do you know they're paid? Who's Toully?"

Glancing behind him, the spy looks rather curiously. The room beside them appears to be another cell, but it seems set up somewhat differently than theirs. He has not heard nearly as much out of it. Hanging from his icy manacles, the spy taps a fettered foot against the wall beside him a couple times. Ideally, he can get whoever's attention.

Old 08-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
"It has been a while since I have faced these kind of chills myself. You can call me Pacho." he said as he extend a hand to have to awkwardly halted by the manacles.

He looked down at his manacles, copying the sailors lead and trying to notice any imperfections but seeing none. Isabella would slip these in minutes he thought as examined the shackles. Her lack of being here was really highlighting his short comings.

"What do you think brought us to this fortuitous fate?" he said bringing his attention back to his cellmate, seeming they had little to do but to wait.

Last edited by gotha; 08-02-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors

"Aria" nods her head at Olesia, it seems the other woman understood her meaning even if she might not understand the motives behind her obvious lie. Or perhaps she did, given the tone of her response. She might not have a full understanding of the northerners' language but some things, like body language and expressions, were all but universal. She just has to hope none of the others in this prison recognizes her and blurts something out. One of the hazards of being so distinctive in a foreign land. For now it seems they're wrapped up with each other, which is a good thing. If not for the constant surveillance escape would be a simple matter to be sure. Sooner or later something would have to divert their attention. In the midst of her contemplation the dark-skinned woman turns to Olesia. "I am not worried," she says in an even tone, one that indicates she knows more than she's letting on. More than just what her actual name is. She then turns to get a look at the others but doesn't pay attention to them for long, quickly returning to her own thoughts. They are making introductions, exchanging pleasantries, wondering who is behind their capture. None of those things matter, only escape matters. And that subject is where she returns her thoughts, watching her surroundings, her captors, everything for any opening.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:35 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
René Henri Marie Toulouse Lautrec de Saint-Martin René thought he would suffocate trying to get all of that out. My Familiar. He's around here somewhere, luckily he's as smart as any pirate.

René shifted in the cell trying to make himself more comfortable.

Just listening to what's going on around me. The guards need to make idle chat in between the beatings you know.

René looked to see if the spider was still in the cell, but it appeared to be nowhere around.

What's he stomping on about? If he makes too much noise the guards will come back.

Old 08-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner

The shackled man considered the question tasting it in his mind a bit as he pondered. "I'm not sure, no one should have known that we were making a journey, but I think whomever grabbed us made a mistake." he explained. "For some reason they nabbed me instead of my brother, so either he is here somewhere too, or someone thought he was the bastard and I was the one with the noble blood." he considered. "Either way we are caught in the middle of some major play for power, perhaps an enemy of the empire?" he pondered. "This far north its either someone in hiding or a foreign advisory I suspect... what about you Pancho, any thoughts into why bastards are so damn attractive?" he said with a wry chuckle.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5328
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Sayyida is tired of waiting. Tired of the freezing cold. Tired of doing nothing. There is no wind in this dank prison and she languishes becalmed. Huddled against the weather, she fiddles with the manacles trying to escape. She had slipped out of worse situations. The pirate de'Danser probably still had no idea how she had escaped the hold of his ship, stole the small picket boat, and sailed it from under the noses of his watch. The secret was hers.

But her fingers are numb with cold and her breath billows out from her pursed lips. In the end, frustrated, she stops trying. It wouldn't help to free herself from the manacles anyway. What would she do then? She couldn't open the gate to their cell. She'd be free, sure, but with nowhere to go and she doubted she could take all of the guards on her own even if she pretended to be chained until they entered and then jumped them once the gate was open.

Leaning against the wall, hands above her head, she waits for the watch to do their rounds, eyes beginning to darken with storm.

"It's about time," she says to no-one in particular. "We either gonna freeze ta death or find free currents."

At times, Sayyida isn't much different than a pirate. Her blood runs hot and tempestuous. Something needed to happen, anything. Even something dangerous and foolish.

"Any ideas Cousin," Sayyida says to Rana.

Last edited by GeneT; 08-02-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid

The Paladin took an immediate liking to this faux Aria, whoever she was. If the woman had any hope of surviving a fraction as long as the rest of them though, it was imperative to escape this prison before their true captors, the ones who organized this, arrived for inspection—well, that was their most optimistic scenario. Biding time. That seemed like the most appropriate plan…but THEN Taevar’s voice prickled her ears once again, louder than perhaps intended, but loud all the same—poking her ever-living nerves. Who could blame him, so self-absorbed he hadn’t the slightest clue of his own dangerous predicament? He was like an excited puppy, barking without a care, oblivious of the guards posted nearby and what they may hear! Endangering his own life was one thing, flapping his tongue about his brother and the supposed mix up between them, but if the guard’s realized that mistakes were made, they’d likely do a double and triple check of each heir’s description to cover their own skins.

Well, well, fancy meeting you in this Helz-abode!” Olesia called out, her chipper voice not so sweet. “Still going on about your rugged good looks?” That should be enough to get the bastard’s attention.

“Eryka must’ve heard my prayers! Thought you could steal Selma’s heart, destroy her honor, and simply fly away? A LAWFUL heir of Be’Tal you may be, but I have no qualms about beating you within an inch of your life here and now!” Hopefully Taevar took the hint. He should certainly know who Selma is…knowing him, though, he’s probably lost track of names and faces in the whirlwind of wenches he’s blown through. Selma, thankfully, was not among them—in fact, she had warned Taevar never to speak so rudely to Olesia again, unless he wanted his man-bits handed to him on a platter.

Giving Aria an apologetic look, it would have been nice to avoid this entirely, but better to divert attentions to herself than anyone else.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 3th of Azaëlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Morning
Weather Outside Snowing, -21 C.
Inside Normal Light, 4 C.

Raven's Den Cells
right-aligned image
It's been a day and a night they are in their cell, hanging on the wall, cold and hungry. This is a rough morning for everybody. Taevar and others tried to escape their chains many time, in vain. At some point, someone was going to lose it in those inhuman conditions. The short-haired blonde is the first one to crack and do something unexpected. Trying to fool anybody doesn't seem to be her strong point, she still managed to attract the guard's attention by raising the voice. The two men in the corridor, lift their head, they were getting bored and a cute prisoner in need of attention is a welcome change of pace. They approach with a wicked smile, showing their lack of teeth. The ugliest one literally scratch his groin while approaching with carnal ideas on his mind. - " Need some help my doll ha ha ha...? " The other guys just laugh in a despicable way beside him. Fortunately for Olesia, none of them have the keys to the cell, otherwise who knows what could have happened to the women at night.

The guard's room It's the southern door near mercenary 1door that seems to lead outside open. A tan woman with a blue scarf on the head and an impressive rack, barge in the cells corridor followed by the half-orc an arrogant young man. The party saw them yesterday, on their first day. She is probably beginning her shift, and not in a good mood. She quickly catches up with the two guys in front of Olesia and Xan'chia's cell. - " What the heck are you doing, we talked about it. Alive... and no rape, those are the rules to get paid. (darakyan). " Olesia doesn't speak the northern language the pirates speak, but many of her new companions do. Whatever she said, one of the ugly guy objects, while the other move away to join another guard in the corridor. - " But... she started screaming, I'm sure that... something in the mouth... the right thing, would just shut her up. (darakyan). " The female's face turns from severe to disgusted. - " You will make me puke. MOVE ASIDE! (darakyan) " The pirate obey as she approaches the cell to have a word with the blonde. - " What are you up to blondie? Do you have a death wish? Silence or I will teach you a lesson. " The male pirate makes a kissing expression between the bar of their cell, getting excited that something interesting might happen.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-02-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Pacho was impressed, nodding agreeably to all the man’s suggestion. He was definitely a fellow who could put two and two together. “You bastards are dastardly” he replied just as Oliesa kicked off. The woman had definitely earned her feral moniker, and this man beside him was a brave fellow indeed. Pacho sat in silence, hanging from his manacles watching the theatrics play out. Most likely a distractions so others could make their move. Pacho had his doubts about such a dramatic escape, if you try to take a foot you lose a yard, things are best stolen in inches. Maybe he could lower the bar for his fellow captives to the point where such a forceful push could succeed.

“Bags over the heads of gagged men, rapist for guards, you strike me as a woman who cares little for her investments. The worse sin of all being these shackles in the dead of winter, do you wish frostbite to take our limbs. Any thug worth their scratch knows you bind your captives with rope when the frost hits.”

Last edited by gotha; 08-02-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:03 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
René And I requested turndown service ages ago.

René what are you doing?

I certainly won't be holidaying here again.

Just can't help yourself can you?

René knew he'd probably get hit again, but sometimes you just had to make the right decision.

And sarcasm, was always the right decision.