RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
RanaRana and her cousin got good shots in on the last mercenary, but the most manly woman they knew punched out the man. He isn't dead or dying, just unconscious. A bit good for the likes of him, but if everything was looted from them, he'd surely die of cold in here. Undecided on if to leave a man to such a fate but he did take part in villainy.

She returns to the smoking man in her former cell. She stoops over his body and draws his belt off of his waist. She murmurs an incantation to conjure mage armor, duration: 4 hoursmagical armor. With a sigh and the chilly feeling she reaches down to pick up the scorched, yet nicely warm jacket off of the man. She walks back to her cousin and offers it to her, "They have nothing I need in particular, but you have yet your modesty cousin. Let us maintain that, for the family." She looks aside at everyone else, "I am Rana bint Jimal Al Motallebzadeh. We should be getting equipped enough to push out. They cannot be staying complacent much longer. The rest of the pleasantries can likely wait. For now, good to meet you."

Old 08-12-2018, 07:36 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
René René stands there watching as the group finishes off the scoundrels and begin further planning their grand escape.

Hmph. Not so much as a thank you, some manners on these nobles.

René self-consciously rubs his wrists, the red marks biting into the flesh still apparent, as his cuffs swing still locked in the cell behind him.

Holding the belt of the offered clothing in his hands the Tiny Vicomte whispers the words of the arcane, empowering it with his diligent studies and boiling blood he amplifies the blood, a cacophony of blood pulsing in his ears as he empowers the magic. A brilliant shimmer of transparent force spread across the tiny man, shielding him, hopefully for any stray attempts at his life.

Coughing, René tries to muffle the sound but the illness has taken root in his lungs.

I need to borrow this for a moment, and I’m taking this.

Reaching his hand into the fray René retrieves one of the daggers and the pouch and takes a seat on the ground. Gently scrapping the floor with the daggers tip the tiny man collects several small handfuls of grit and dust from the mortar between the bricks.

Yes, this will do nicely…

The tiny man says to no one as he fills the pouch.

Standing he offers the dagger to whomever would like it, holding it by the blade indicating that anyone may claim the blade now that René has finished with it.

Anyone?

Looking over the two crystal vials found on the pirates, René can't help but gaze at them, running a finger over one and then the other.

Potions of grace, and a healing potion. We should make good use of these as well.
OoC Cast Mage Armor. Use Arcane Reservoir to boost CL by 2; lasts 6 hours.
Collects scrapped mortar.
Consume 2nd level spell to add two to arcane reservoir.
Took Pouch and Dagger
Offers to return Dagger.

I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.

Last edited by wodine; 08-13-2018 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:26 AM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1658
JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid JReid
Olesia Knox
left-aligned image
With a hard poke to the chest, Olesia knocked the pirate over, falling like a sack of manure. Flying a triumphant smile at Aria, if it weren’t for the woman’s shower of blessings, her swing might’ve lost that certain edge. “Now we’re getting somewhere.” Quickly, she went to work stripping the pirate of his armor, the smell of booze and sweat pungently emanating from inside. Olesia donned it swiftly, tightening the strings and straps to smugly fit her strong, feminine curves. For now, this would have to do, but a paladin was never truly at home without a cozy layer of tempered steel. Rising to her feet, Olesia appraised the quality of the pirate’s cutlass, swinging it lightly to grow accustomed to the feel.

Nodding at each introduction, she too added a little something. “Olesia Knox, at your service…now, you back there…yes…I mean you!” Hand on hip, the knight moseyed up to the quirky wizard, his hair a wild poof of brown fluff. Olesia regarded him warmly. “Was it you who freed us? You, sir, have my most heartfelt thanks!” Leaning a little closer, she added, “If we get out of here alive, I’d be curious to know where you hid that wand…” Flying a wink, Olesia softly chuckled, clearly teasing with a good-natured grin. “Keep that dagger close, you never know…it may be of use very soon.”

The paladin was in high spirits, despite knowing it would take every ounce of strength and wit to fight their way through this Darakyan Hell. The cold and ill-treatment had already taken a toll on a few of them, so Olesia quietly accepted that vengeance may have to wait—and left the Vixen to the whims of Eryka. She best pray I never see her again. Before long, rivers of wicked blood would stain these dank corridors. Carefree and a pinch jovial thinking about it, resting the dull end of her curved blade across a leather pauldron, Olesia then made her way through the prison block, clapping Taevar on the shoulder. “I like your quick thinking. Keep it up!”

Aria’s sentiments were correct. It was a waste of breath offering mercy to these raping scum. Olesia frowned at the unconscious pirate, tempted to finish him…yet, unlike Percival, she despised barbarics. The man should be tried and swiftly executed...Or, why not leave him to the hands of his pirate brothers? Yes, that seemed like justice served cold. Olesia dragged the pirate (stripped of all items) into Taevar’s old cell, grabbed the keys, and locked the door once Rana joined the others in the corridor. It took a minute, but the Matuzulan seemed vaguely familiar. Had they met before?

Olesia posted herself before the prison’s iron door, patiently waiting for a plan to form—though she plainly didn’t require one. She was more than willing to throw herself headfirst into battle, rather accustomed to taking bold action…but, she would concede to a stealthy approach if the others were unwilling to match her pace.

“It’s high time we show these Darakyans the mettle we’re made of.” Olesia coldy said, basking in the calm before the storm. “Just give the word.”

OOC
Olesia has the keys, unless someone else prefers to hold onto them.
Her AC is temporarily at 16 from Xan'cha's hex, until she is hit or the spell ends
Olesia has moved beside Korag on the map
the rest of the pirate's unclaimed items are still up fro grabs, let's say they are in a pile outside the cell

StatBlock

Last edited by JReid; 08-13-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:25 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors

As predicted these pirates were little match for the fury of their unleashed prisoners, quickly overrun with sword and fist. Again the dark-skinned woman shows little concern for the wounds suffered by the remaining one, though she does take notice of the cuts, bruises, and in one case bullet wound suffered by her fellow prisoners. No sooner than the two are down though than the others dive upon them, looking for arms and armor. Understandable, they will need such things if they are to escape. She herself has no need for any of it though, and has little concern for anything the vicious men may have had. "I am Xan'cha Mahuiztil, princess and ambassador of te Tonali people, priestess of Quetzanali. I believe your people call us as 'savage barbarians'," she says, a look of sarcasm crossing her face as she looks at the pirates sprawled out on the floor. Savage indeed she thinks to herself. She was prepared to pay the pirates no further heed, at least until she realizes one of them is still alive. Olesia dragging him into one of the cells and locking the door is an action the priestess finds perplexing.

"Why are you putting him in tere?" she asks, clearly not understanding the paladin's intent. "In my lands, he would be put to death for what he has done. Swiftly, wit a machete to te neck. Why do you lock him in a cage to freeze and starve to death? If he is to die, ten let him die. I have no desire to leave one behind who may say tings to te ones who brought us here, tings I do not wish to be known," she says, narrowing her eyes at the unconscious pirate. Without waiting on an answer she sets about making another incantation in her native tongue, weaving threads of Casting Endure Elements on herselfmagic around herself as she does. There's no real visible effect but her shivering abruptly stops, despite the fact that she's wearing nothing more than a tattered, short skirt that leaves little to the imagination itself, let alone hiding nothing at all from the waist up. Still though it doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest. Among her own people such a thing is perfectly normal, and though she has come to understand that the people of the empire are much less open about such things, given the current situation it's the furthest thing from her mind. She does turn to Olesia, hands on her hips and small reptile perched on her shoulder as she waits to see what the paladin intends to do with the still-living pirate.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 08-15-2018 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
“Four men playing cards. Daliliah is not with them, she is likely on the Orphan possible with Captain Moss” Pacho said frankly as he turned around to see the Paladin dragging the pirate into the prison. Pacho looked disappointed at the mercy but kept calm and instead began scouring the area for thing he could use alchemically. It had been a while since he had taken anything and he was beginning to get the shakes.

When he heard the ambassador state her protest he nodded in agreement. “She is right, we need to cut his throat, too much risk otherwise. His brothers will find him before the elements take him. If you want him to see Eryka justice it is best you do it now.” Pacho spoke brokenly as he searched. No stone was left unturned as he dug around with his dagger and opened any box he could find. He patted down all three bodies to make sure didn’t miss a thing. When he came to the woman, he took a second to examine her face to see if he recognized her. "Princess of Valkara!" Pacho said astonished, the fact a valuable hostage would be killed for such a minor offence was off putting. He put the fears aside and got back to his search. When he finished he dropped the items onto the floor and began to see if he could pull any use out of the objects.

As he worked he spoke “They were talking about two men with Selaryan military accents coming with payment in two days.” As he finished, disappointed with his findings, he looked over to the spy and the tiny man from the cell next to his. "Is there a next step to the plan? If there is to be a command of this gaggle, it likely rest in the two who have gotten us this far.” He says with a submissive bow of his head before looking up waiting for their response. Pacho wanted commanded of the escape under someone with experience. As much as he respected the Paladin’s fist, a bullhead charge out of the prison had slim odds of success.

OOCsearch area for items and alchemical useful items

Last edited by gotha; 08-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24267
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
The sailor watched as Olesia knocked the pirate to the ground with a solid punch and released his magical silence a moment later. Their battle as just beginning and he had already taken the brunt of it. He knew he was going to need to be more careful if he had any plan of surviving this. Ripping a spare piece of cloth of one of the pirates undergarments he created a tourniquet for his wound by quickly pulling out the musket ball and wrapping it tight to stop any further bleeding.

In the meantime the other prisoners had started to introduce themselves. When Xan'cha Mahuiztil introduced herself the old sailor let out a laugh. Don't mind that lass.. my people call me bastard. he joked. Turning toward the wizard he gave a nod of improvement. I couldn't work those shackles on my own and was doing my best to freeze to them if you ask Pacho. I am in your debt, hopefully I earn my own way in this grand escape. I by the way am Taevar Seaborn. he answers the others. Not exactly sure what I'm doing with all you royal lot, best I can tell there was a mixup. Hopefully it works to our favor. he continues with a glint in his eye.

Grabbing a whip off of one of the pirates he examines it while Olesia gives him a pat on the shoulder. You didn't do so bad yourself. If you managed to do that well with your fist I look forward to you getting a blade in your hands. Personally I have a bit less traditional method of fighting, picked it up from a friend. he said as he gestured toward the whip.

Looking toward the door he nodded to Pacho. Four of them? Well I suppose the plan would be to take them out as quickly and quietly as possible. Maybe sink the Orphon with that loveless woman in it to catch that ransom as an extra bonus. he joked. Nah, probably should just escape with our lives first. I suggest we bait them in here, there is a bottleneck at this door so we may be able to take them quickly, of course we'd risk the others setting the alarm. The other option would be rushing in and catching them by surprise, take them down quickly before anyone can notice.

While the sailor spoke he rubbed his chin in thought. Of course if someone has a better suggestion or... he motioned toward the one who had unlocked their shackles. Can do something to aid in our escape, I am all ears. he said with a querying look.

OOC
Unarmed Strike vs Pirate fails with a 7.

Last edited by MoonZar; 08-13-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo, Breakout!The spy smiles as his comrades dispatch the guards swiftly. Walking toward the last guard, Tatsuo does not even have to motion the silencing mage to lower his spell. "Pleasure to meet you all. You can call me Tatsuo. I'm sure you shan't fault me to stay more formal introductions until a safer moment," sporting an easy smile, interrupted by a coughing fit. He notes that no one picked up the discarded firearm, so he picks it up while strapping on the pirate's ammo belt & pouch. 'Not that it would be a good idea to use the loud thing just yet.' He raises an eyebrow at the heavy purses on the guards. Stowing them away, he reckons that they must have been paid recently. While he seems to be taking his time to better peruse the guard, the nearby brazier is another reason for the not quite shivering nobleman.

Stepping back next to his former cellmate, Tatsuo takes the proffered dagger. Clapping the short mage on the shoulder, "Thanks! And good work with the manacles, Rene, and impressive warping trick there." Leaning a little more closely, he adds, "In calmer circumstances, I'm interested what that gent told you who handed you the wand." Stepping back, he waves toward the door, "But for now, we have another band of cretins to dispatch. Any of your shenanigans include area effects?"

The way this Pacho is examining the room, Tatsuo gets the impression that he's an operative of some kind. Anyway, the bit of intel on the slain lady is disheartening certainly. Crouching down, Tatsuo closes her terrified eyes and cuts off a lock of her hair. Her family will be both grieved and grateful to know.

Turning his attention to the exotic princess from the south, the smooth gentleman manages a charming smile while keeping his eyes averted from her. "Madame ambassador would be well reminded that lumping strangers into some guilty 'you people' serves her no better than boors lumping her kingdom together as savages or barbarians," he chides teasingly. "But to your question, my generous lady, yes, you might do that in lands where you are the decider of criminals' fates. But you are not that here, nor are any of us someone in charge in this region unless my estimation way off. ... But if you can point out one damaging secret the cretin knows that might hinder our escape, I'll open his throat myself."

Taking Pacho's deference with playfully affected modesty, "You flatter me, but I can't claim to be that much of a tactician." His eyes suddenly shift into a cool, calculative expression. "That said ... our best bet is to descend hard & fast on the unsuspecting quartet. As soon as anyone opens this door, hiding or no, they're going to see empty cells and know something is amiss. Luring them here has that tactical advantage, but the risk is too high that one of them would run off for reinforcements rather than chase us hither. ... If we can dispatch this next group with the same quiet alacrity as this last, we can inch along to discreetly find our way out." Weaving a cast Protection from Evilwarding spell and Guidance orisonblessing over himself, the spy flips the dagger in hand and grins. "Open it up, Lady Knox, and let's blindside them."

Last edited by dbaque; 08-13-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 04:41 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
Olesia Knox: A Complicated Complication
left-aligned image

Olesia turned at Aria’s formal introduction. Her true name was Xan’Cha, a foreign princess of…a land she had never heard of. Judging from Xan’Cha’s skill and ferocity though, it was undoubtedly a harsh realm awash in blood, akin to Patrenya with their martial focus. Preoccupied in her thoughts, the princess’ sudden inquiry left Olesia quite unprepared and obviously struck. She respectfully listened to the shaman’s concern without a quip or quibble, but her cheerful smile quickly twisted into a sideways grimace, sourly annoyed. This is the worst possible time to open a moral discussion with a paladin.

Glancing at the blood-addled pirate sprawled on the ground inside the cold cell, he was definitely knocked out. If Xan’Cha worried about her newly revealed identity getting free—he heard nothing, saw nothing, and would undoubtedly be strung up first thing in the morning by his own buddies. Having him rot in a cell seemed like the right thing to do, given all the torment they’ve suffered at the hands of the Darakyans—but there was another, gravely serious, layer to this issue that held dire consequences for Olesia.

She could see it in the eyes of her comrades. They wanted blood. No doubt her own gaze had reflected the same at one point or another. Oh blight, why now? This is precisely what I hoped to avoid!

“I…cannot.” Olesia reluctantly answered, visibly conflicted. Closing her eyes, she grappled with a proper way to convey the problem. “A matter of creed and conscience staves my blade, princess. It is…what you’d call a complicated complication. Simply, the man is unarmed, unconscious, and thoroughly defeated. The moment I knocked him out, he ceased being a threat.”

Pacho’s conjecture was sorely unnecessary, given the weight of the issue. Her fiery gaze shot at the sneak-thief, darkening with blistering ire. “And what do you know of Eryka’s Justice, Pacho? She does not condone mindless slaughter—not under any circumstance—or perhaps you’re more inclined towards Xadanyel?” Seething at that wicked name, Olesia rolled her eyes as Pacho sifted through Rita’s frozen corpse. She could only shake her head at this man, who deigned to lecture a paladin on morality.

“Haaa.” Olesia rubbed her tired eyes, clinging desperately to patience and a respectable, Lady-Like demeanor. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not the same as that crazed, sadistic bitch! I will not kill an unconscious man and forfeit the Light which has guided me throughout my life.”

Facing the group, the Paladin's heavy-handed gaze made it clear that she wouldn't budge on this. Ever.

“Every Darakyan pirate deserves to hang from the gallows. They are a menace to society…but since this is a lawless land, this man should be judged by his own ilk and suffer a pirate’s death handed down from his own backwards ways. That’s my final decision. If anyone wants to challenge me on that, go ahead and kill him through the bars like a caged beast…but you won’t be getting these keys, or my f#cking respect.”

StatBlock

Old 08-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
“If that is what pleases you my lady. Might we at least bag and gag him to keep him from interfering?” Pacho gave the Paladin her due and did not protest, merely shrugging his shoulders at her words. If truth be told he would rather a world free of their binary, but now was not a time to debate the heavens.

The turncoat gracefully nodded in agreement as the spy and sailor’s plans spill from their mouths, his eyes only peaking at the command to barge the next room. The infiltrator had no quarrels with the plan, but he was a man of caution. He let out a small cough to buy himself some silence for his interruption.

“Might it be best to get some eyes on the inside, before we make our assault? To mark exits, men and arms. This will all be for naught if all we do is set off a cascading call for reinforcements.” Pacho said calmly and looked over towards the druid, amazed for how warm she look so scantily clad. “Is the small beast that was scampering about yours my lady, could he possibly assist us in this endeavor. “ Pacho asked in a soft voice, trying to soften any tension in the air that comes with combat.

OOCTalking

Last edited by gotha; 08-13-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors

Xan'cha regards Taevar with a nod of ackowledgement, though she doesn't quite grasp his self-appointed title. "Tere was a... mixup? Wit me as well. Tese pirates grabbed te wrong person, of tat I am certain. Te one I am certain tey meant to take is no user of magic. So long as tey tink tey have te right girl, even if we escape, tey will not know to fix teir mistake. But tat one," she says, nodding her head to the pirate in the cell. "Saw me use magic. I attacked him wit it. And if questioned, may tell of what he saw. Ten tey know tey grab te wrong girl. And ten yes, tey probably kill him. But ten to cover te losses from us tey send more pirates to take te real Aria Rador, a girl who is as much sister to me as my blood sister. And if tey succeed, tey will not be as kind as tese 'men' were," she continues, turning her attention to Tatsuo as she makes her explanation, still finding their actions baffling. This was hardly the time or place. "Perhaps you are willing to risk your family to show mercy to a rapist and murderer who deserve neiter. But I am not. If his life poses a treat to my sister, ten I claim it to keep her safe," she states as she turns her attention to the paladin, clearly as determined to see what she perceives as a continued theat ended as Olesia is to spare it.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 08-15-2018 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:28 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
René You’re certain all the voices were men? Could… could one of them have been a parrot? Toully was never much of a gambler but he’s certainly smart enough to give pirates a run for their coin. Oh dear listen to me, ‘was’ I’m talking as though he’s already dead. Pull it together René, the bird’s almost forty years old, he’s been in worse scrapes than this.

René simply stands, looking around as the other squabble over this and that. Then the paladin starts talking and he can hardly contain his laughter which turns into a coughing fit. You say that as if your respect should mean something. You speak of laws and of slaughter, how many died seizing us? I’d wager nearly a thousand. What of their deaths? Of of my back and that of Tatsuo, and what of her chastity? You speak like a judge when it suits you and then cower like a eunuch when it comes to action. It doesn’t make you noble, it makes you a coward. Proclaiming him guilty and walking away – if my respect meant anymore than yours I’d inform you that you lost it.

René has failed to make eye contact with anyone during his rant and instead ties and reties the pouch of awkward dust strapped to his belt. Mindless slaughter was what they wrought upon the people who served on our ships, slaughter was flaying my skin. Where is the justice for the hundreds of families who will never know what happened to their kin? No, you know little of honor for one so keen to pass judgment on the backward ways of pirates, what makes your way so forward? We watched them stand idly by a slit this poor girl’s throat, just another tally on the line of impotent justice I suppose? We stand here seven, nearly a full jury, are there any who doubt his guilt?

Rebé sighs and concludes, But it matters not, as you have the keys.

Now if we’re done with this mockery of justice could we please open the door?

OoC Mage Armor; 6 hours.

I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:29 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5328
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Sayyida said little. She was freezing to be honest and, now that the fire of combat was but a wisp of a few moments ago, her fingers shuddered and her breathing came in short gasps as she pulled the cold leather against her body. Damn, damn, and more, it was cold.

Standing, her lower body mostly naked, she pulled up the armor's leggings that were far too large for her female shape. The armor smelled of him, the pirate. Past the leather, and sea, salt and smoke, past the stench of sweat and fleeting remembrance of some woman's perfume, the leather armor smelled of him. A man who made his mistakes and paid in the end for charting this course. Fool, she said to herself.

Cinching the belt around her waist so tight that the leather armor puckered awfully, Sayyida recovers the scabbard and slings it over one shoulder. She had a sense that she wouldn't need to put the rapier to rest for some time. She was tired, but the night was bound to be long, arduous, and complicated. She was in no mood for small talk. Dismissing all the words that swirl about, Sayyida calmly walks over to the cell that holds the barely living pirate, reaches through he bars with the rapier, and pierces his chest between the fourth and fifth ribs with its point. The pirate jolts once and then is still.

"There. It is decided," she says while walking past any to the stand near the door leading into the next room.

"Luring them in doesn't work," she continues as if nothing but life had happened. "We must kill them where they sit least one runs for help. There could be just those four or twenty within a shout. We rush in. Seize the night. And fight our way out or die trying."

Sayyida waits for a moment and then turns back to them.

"You, Pacho, I think, you should sight the exit, rush to it, and secure it or prevent any leaving lest they try. Olesia, myself and perhaps Tatsuo and Korag will engage directly. The rest," she says with a sweep of her free hand. "Whatever words of power you may have or support you can give then figure it out. I'm not sure what that may be nor is there time for us to banter about it. We've a moment. It's time we took it."

Grabbing the handle of the door, rapier along the line of her left leg, Sayyida looks at them all, waiting for them to take up positions behind her. She marks Pacho with her eyes asking him to be next. He can not fail out of any of them. She is not belittling any of them. She knows each has something to offer, but there no time for some grand plan. There is only time for action and hoping that each of them use whatever skill they possess to secure freedom.

"Ready?"

Last edited by GeneT; 08-14-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Rise from the Ashes

Tools
User Statistics
Olesia
left-aligned image
“How dare you,” Olesia said softly, eyeing this wizard she had previously held with respect—of which he thought had very little value. “I would’ve been the first to protect Rita, with my LIFE. Don’t speak to me about honor or justice, boy. At least I’ve seen a battlefield and bled for a worthy cause. You all can curse me for having principles and sticking to it, but I will follow the creed of my goddess until I draw my last breath—if you have a problem with that, TOO BAD.”

Olesia did not flinch or object as Sadiyya finished the grim deed, merely looking on in stark silence. If I had left him on the floor, they probably would have walked over him and we would’ve been long gone by now. I try to do the right thing, and they call me a coward. Olesia grit hard and turned back towards the door. She would rather jump into Fel-fyr than have to look at these people right now.

The matter was over, but Olesia’s mood was dark and dour, and her blade hand itched to swing. The Paladin’s heavy footsteps closed the gap, steadily making for the door, her hand tightening on the leather grip of the cutlass.

Sanctus Selarya, Olesia pushed passed Sayyida as the door swung open, gripping the cutlass with both hands and rushing through, her gaze wide and blazing.

Santus Incendia, words pounded in her head with a rush of blood and adrenaline, hit with a wintry gust of cold air, the steel of her sword catching glimmers in the torchlight.

“Semper Sanctus Lux”

OOCOlesia has entered Battle

StatBlock

Last edited by JReid; 08-14-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:35 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5328
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
For the merest portion of a second, the briefest amount of time before chaos commenced, Sayyida looked at Pacho with a wry smile just peeking in the corners of her mouth as Olesia bursts into the room full of anger and need. She didn't say anything. She doubted, for some reason only her skin knew, that Pacho needed words.

Back a dog into a corner and it'll bite anything.

Sayyida flows through the room just barely after Olesia. And behind her, she feels the rest of them, and hopes they've as much strength buried inside that those who caged them must fear.

Last edited by GeneT; 08-14-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:42 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
OOCBattle started, wait for my next post please.