RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 07:35 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 5th of AzaŽlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Noon
Weather Outside Snowing, -28 C.
Inside -

Nuxvar - The hammerShe smiles back showing off a toothless mouth. - " He didn't say. I saw him leaving with strangers from the south. A smart ironclad blonde, a tiny man, a man with a whip, and a tan lady. " She unlock her door. - " Would you like a cup of tea young man? "

OOCWho is where?

Brutus' Lair: Dante, Pacho
Schezar's Rosemary: Sayyida, Rana
The hammer: Tatsuo

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-12-2019 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5328
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Sayidda follows behind Ashfel and Schezar aboard the Rosemary. Half way up the short gang plank, she jumps to the rail and walks along its glistening frozen surface like a shearwater, her feet and legs uncannily accustomed to the movement of the sea. Standing there for a moment, raising slightly up on her toes, she takes a deep breath through her nose. Even in this horribly cold weather she can smell the salt of the blow. She tastes it on the tip of her tongue.

To be at sea again.

For a moment, her disguise slips. She is no longer some low pirate and muscle, but something else. Something that soars across the sea, flying so low her wings shear the tips of waves and swell from the body of water beneath. She gazes at the Rosemary, takes in the sweep of her edges, briefly inspects the manner her lines have been set and tied against the weather, and judges the weight of her cargo by the depth her hull sits upon the water. It takes but a few seconds to do such for one who has spent a life at sea.

Stepping from her perch along the side rail, she ducks her head and goes below after Ashfel. In her reverie, eyes roving below-decks, she misses the beginning of the conversation, aside from Schezar claiming she is charming, which makes her snort in subdued laughter.

"Sayyida al'Hurra," she says absently at Schezar's question as she Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21
looks about and let's her senses get hold of the place. Unaware of what she has just admitted. Her words underneath the conversation between Schezar and Ashfel.

Last edited by GeneT; 03-13-2019 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo-Mako, Tracking Down Their Benefactor'So, they did meet up,' considers Tatsuo. 'Of course, that could mean that they are all in the warlord's clutches.'

Offering a bright smile, he shakes his head in reply, "You are far too kind, ma'am. But, alas, I cannot. I must be off with my disappointing news." Playing up a barely hopeful look, "You wouldn't have happened to see whither they were headed? I'd be ever so grateful, ma'am."

Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
What could go wrongWith a pout and a grimace Fred turned and headed towards the warehouse, his eyes every so often shifting towards his chaperone.

Contorted to a long abandoned use and repurposed the warehouse’s lively air stood out amongst the cold surroundings. As they approached Fred skulked towards the shadows trying not to stand out in the empty streets.

The cut throat was little surprised by the lack of guards and the drinking inside, it was little different than a gang's hideout in slums of Petrenia, he suspected their to be hidden lookouts or nosy locals ready to rat for the gangs good graces.

Fred glared at the structure. Sneaking would tell them little, what they wanted to know was inside. The goon paused for a second, listening to the festivities inside then looked towards his companion. "Ya d-irsty?"

Last edited by gotha; 03-13-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:23 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
AshfelSayyida, after the brief period disguised as a pirate for a day apparently had enough and started breaking her guise over a captain. Ashfel had to avert eyes to keep his brow from knitting together or burying his face in his hands at Sayyida's resumed freedom of spirit. After a cough forces its way out of his throat, the man groans about the slight whisper of Sayyida's name being defiantly spoken. A brief glare at Sayyida, Ashfel answers, "In a sense."

Crossing his arms after a brief series of calculated thoughts when looking at the charts, "Celestya, in Selarya. What is the rate for that. It appears my servant had an alleged inheritance of late and I wish to see what wealth changes hands." Leaning against a cabin wall, Ashfel asks further, "How much space does this vessel have for passengers? I have three others that likely would jump at the opportunity to see the dying beast of the Empire first hand."

Old 03-13-2019, 10:50 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16143
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Dante Parched.

It was true, Dante could use a nice stiff drink. If the little clues that had been littered around were adding up to what he thought, or anything akin to that, he was going to need it.

What he didn’t know was who were these sell swords and what were the stakes of their lies?

This place seemed as good as any to get lost in the crowd and meander through learning bits of information as they went.

He had been annoyed that he had been sent on baby sitting duty, but it would seem it had been a blessing and curse – and which ever turned out to be more powerful, it was a good thing one of those fools with the captain hadn’t been assigned the job instead.

I have fallen under the weather; expect moderate delays in posting. Thank you.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Time Noon
Inside -

Nuxvar - Brutus' lair
right-aligned image
It's only noon, music and alcohol don't seem to take a break in that warehouse or perhaps it's an overnight party that continued through the morning. No guards, no assassins or goons in the shadow as far Pacho can tell. He risks himself to have a Natural 20! Total 27.quick look between the gap of some wall logs before returning to Dante to report his findings. The place is packed with sailors, mercenaries, hunters, barbarian and random locals. There are about forty people there, many are intoxicated. The place is a large open space with rooms on the upper floor. There's some circulation in and out as if this is a public place, but clearly, most people seem to know each other and are part of a gang or organization of some kind. Maybe that security is lax since there's no competition in town. With a quick glance, Pacho doesn't spot who are the leaders. He sees however on the main floor five big cages with people in each. One of those cells contains familiar bloodied faces. He recognizes Renť, and Taevar half-naked, a third man is in there with them unconscious. He doesn't see women in all those cells, no trace of Xan'cha and Olesia.

OOCWho is where?

Old 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Noon
Inside -

Nuxvar - Dock - The Rosemary- " Both are cities, but Celestya is also the name of a duchy, I assume she meant the imperial capital Selarya.Celestya or Selarya the imperial capital? " He appears to be a bit surprised. - " I was expecting a more grim destination like most of my customers. I can do that. Three more passengers is not a problem. There are six hammocks here, and I can install more on the cargo side if needed. I have plenty of supplies. As you know, traveling in winter is risky and that's a About the distance to cross Europe on a straight line3000 miles trip. " He takes an abacus from the table and calculates. - " For five people and an average of Standard price is usually 1 sp per mile per persontwo silver per miles, that would make a total of 3000 gp. This is one of the fastest ships of the bay, and no one else will take you there in winter. "

OOCWho is where?

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Ashfel"I didn't say I wanted grim. I wanted civilized." Ashfel says in a more comfortable course voice. He then answers, "Selarya, the region. Though a direct path to the capital would do nicely. It is simply that the price for such an excursion is steep. Especially for what good company we have on offer." Ashfel looks toward Sayyida, "She is no simple pleasant sight, she also fancies herself as a sailor. I would think both these pleasant circumstances would lower the price to twenty-five hundred gold. No doubt there are some 'traders' around here that would not mind having their cargo delivered to the empire if such routes are not taken during winter."

After a thought and a deep breath, if the negotiation is refused, Ashfel offers an alternative, "While less pressing, my worldly ways can find Birone as an acceptable port. It is a closer destination so I assume that port is not too out of the way to demand two silvers a mile for a sailor and three or four passengers."

OOCI would say my confusion is based upon the fact that there is the region Selarya and the City, which was difficult to find on the maps in the map thread. But I suppose that is just a trend because other capital names are hard to find, like Birone for the Sultanate.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Noon
Inside -

Nuxvar - The hammer- " It's too bad. I'm sure you will eventually find him, he always comes back at some point. " She is disappointed her charm didn't convince him to come in. - " Sorry young man, my eyes are not as good they used to be. They had their snowshoes and a lot of equipment and weapons, my guess is that they were leaving town. "

OOCWho is where?

Old 03-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Noon
Inside -

Nuxvar - Dock - The Rosemary- " Not that my cargo destination is of your concern, but sure twenty-five hundred gold will do for Selarya. My map are not perfect, Birone is located on the same cost as Zoltus.Birone is much closer, almost a thousand miles. Lucky for you I know the sea very well, I should be able to avoid most of the... natural dangers and ships. There's a lot of pirates preying on merchant ships in that region. It will cost you the third of the price, eight hundred to make it an even number. I'm not in a rush to leave, you can talk to your men about this. " He turns back toward Sayyida. - " So you are a sailor? On which ships did you serve? " He asks genuinely.

OOCWho is where?

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-13-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
"Huh," Sayyida says from around a deck support timber, distractedly looking back toward the discussion. It takes her moment to come back to the present. As she returns closer to Ashfel and Schezar, she knocks her knuckles along the curve of the ship's sides then opens her hands and splays her fingers letting her fingertips caress the rough and treated wood.

"Too many really. Since I was five or seven. Can't remember. Been awhile since I made my mark on'a log book an took a crew's wage," she says stopping near the ladder-way leading topside but keeping Schezar's eyes.

"You can't sail this ship alone. Two could do it if they be born on the water. You an I perhaps. Three if not. Five would let you run. But I see no crew. Why's that," Sayidda questions.

"The price seems fair my'Lord. Unless he's needin crew an I end up tendin sails and lines," she adds not really waiting for Schezar to respond. "Which case, my ride is free an less should be owed.".

Last edited by GeneT; 03-13-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:36 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Noon
Inside -

Nuxvar - Dock - The RosemaryHe smiles and laugh. - " You can't remember? Really? You can do better than that. You are in luck, my passengers' privacy is included so never mind. " He gets up from his stool and reaches out into a cabinet attached to the interior wall of the ship and gets out a bottle of Rum. - " It's a Sunalian's rum, almost fifty years old. " He gets out a tray of cups and serves to his guest. - " The Rosemary is a special ship, it only needs a captain to sail. You are welcome to help me during our travel, I can use more sleep for a change. I'm not desperate for money, so it's fine, you can travel for free. 2400 gp for Selarya, 640 gp for MatuzaliaThat's my last offer for the five of you. "

OOCWho is where?

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-13-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
Sayyida turned away from the ladder leading topside. She let Schezar banter while looking at Ashfel/Rana and raising an eyebrow. Wrinkling her nose, she approaches and takes a cup from Schezar and spits in it before rubbing it clean against a peace of an inner shirt.

"Danziger has a ship he called the Peregrine. Something like this, although finer," she says with a small sweep of her hand. "It sailed like it's namesake even in a calm sea. Sheets full, brow slicing through water, as if it created it's own wind an be damned the lull. We took her out then back round from Danziger's main, snuck behind the foam of the trailing Athenyan Fleet that was bent on huntin us down, an siddled into her rear at night to set seven ablaze wit urchin pooridge we floated amongst them in used whiskey casks."

Watching Schezar, Sayyida extends her cup and waits for him to poor, her head cocked at an odd angle. A bit of a smile playing amidst her cheeks. She'd been captured once by the infamous pirate Seimen Danziger. And she knew first hand this account of his prowess. She was crew aboard an Anthenyan frigate in that armada and watched the Peregrine set those ships on fire and then play with them during the chase. It was the fastest ship she had ever seen.

"We was out starboard of'em an gone 'for they could fire a single canon. Then stayed just in front of that queen's standard for three days laughing at'em the whole time they chased and wasted shot till we hung full sail and left them."

Shrugging, Sayyida continues. "Why remember names when you've skimmed on the deck of the Peregrine."

Last edited by GeneT; 03-13-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Pacho/ FredFred eyed his caged companions. Rita’s corpse had gotten them this far, he began to wonder how deeper they could get with a few more. He let the thought slip from his mind remembering the company he was keeping.

He scanned the room, laxed and busy it was deceptively tempting to infiltrate but the cordial atmosphere painted a different tale. This was not a mingling of strangers but of a brotherhood. Each person a known quantity to the next. A difficult web to enter without altering the spider.

Fred turned to Dante "Me chin dun wag in a wey dat make mates, unlus yas gots silva licka behind dem lips dis be danga"

Fred took looked again, trying Sense motive 23gauge how welcoming to guests everyone might be.