RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
AshfelAshfel rubs his chin at Sayyida's reports that are spread out over a course of couple minutes. Deep in thought, he replies to Sayyida, "Keep watch over the body and stay out of sight. Don't freeze to death out there. I don't need more corpses for leverage." He looks over to Mako and grumbles at his suggestions before wandering over to the side room where the documents are.

Ashfel finally gives an answer to Mako, "Nay, the damned pirates should get their greetings on first." He rifles through some documents left out in the open after Pacho's searches earlier. Then clarified, "The wench is angry, and she will get the bullet if she speaks out of line. That is if this 'Legion of Steel' are not to be messed with. But I would take a pirate's opinion with a spoonful of salt and spice. The dumb rats lost their prisoners that were stripped down to their skivvies. We will step out when punishments are being handed out. But that wench might bring us out with her. So we will need to hold our cards close to our chest up until they start threatening executions." He looks over his shoulder at Mako, "Understood?" Ashfel is hardly like Rana, not asking for agreements, simply obedience. Though there is no certainty in the foresight of this character as of yet.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:46 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22631
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 4th of AzaŽlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Morning
Weather Outside Snowing, -25 C.

Mad Vixen ReturnThe pirates' argument is becoming louder upstairs. - " The captain will skin us alive! It's all your fault Vixen, were you not suppose to stay here tonight?! "

- " TRUE! You should have known those good for nothing shouldn't have been left alone with the prisoners at night. They f*ck it up while you were getting hammered in the butt by your green gorilla here all night instead of taking care of those filthy nobles yourself!!! " Conrad's loud voice follows in anger. - " None of your business ye snake-faced weedy little hampster smacker !!!! " The pirate continue heating up the orc and Vixen. - " I should cut your ears now for the captain! WHO IS WITH ME? YOU LED US TO FAILURE AFTER FAILURE SEA HAG AND ORC F*CKER!!!"

- " ENOUGH!!! Bite ME will ye? Chew on THIS ye bug brained back bitin' bile bag ! " There's a gunshot after Vixen's insults and the sound of a body falling right after. - " John? JOHN? She killed John!!! That's it, I'm going to tore your face apart bitch...!!! " Swords and weapons are drawn and a waterfall of insults and threats are spit from each side before they begin to kill each other.

The BayThe warship drop the anchor and come to a complete halt about two hundred meters from the Orphan. There's a lot of activities on both ships, the pirates gathering on deck to observe the impressive frigate while that new ship denizens are finishing securing their sails and begin to lower rowboats in the bay. There's no sign of hostility between the two group, but there's no trust between them otherwise the frigate could have dropped the anchor much closer to the filthy ship. The wind is finally weakening a bit, but the curtain of snow is still limiting visibility. The good news is that Sayyida and Pacho are unlikely to be seen.

Last edited by MoonZar; 12-17-2018 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo-Mako, Escalating the ConStanding in the main hall, Mako glances toward the stairs and the internecine sounds emanating therefrom. "Your will be done, m'lord." Quirking a brow, he looks back to Lord Ashfel, "But are you sure about letting the louts have first dibs, m'lord? The Legion may be here before the survivors get their act together."

Last edited by dbaque; 12-17-2018 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:20 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
AshfelGrumbling, Ashfel remarks, "I do not pay you Darakyan louts for your brains. The pirate's leader is in a poor mood and they have no cards to negotiate with." The man grins from beneath his mask, "They could do us some good by keeling over altogether save for their leader. Would make the negotiations with the legion that much easier. Never correct an adversary when they are making a mistake, and only fools jump feet first into darkness when there are plenty of lemmings to do it for you."

Having said much of that, Ashfel glances up at the stairwell. Badmouthing and violence is a poor way to rule. Just killing a bunch of renegades on the way to escape seemed to open wide a large door for the nine remaining prisoners to get their revenge on the tools of their imprisonment. But only us four will see the true foe's end, or plan.

OOCDidn't need to speak as I didn't have an action to do, but might as well drum up drama with dialogue.

Old 12-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Time Morning

Mad Vixen Return- " WE LOST THE LOOT AND WE NEVER GOING TO GET PAID! I'm going to piss on your face, fart in your mouth and sh*t all over your orc BITCH! " The pirates conduct an orchestra of pain. A cacophony of screams, blades clashing, broken bones, and pistol shots echo down the stairs. After five minutes, only the sounds of the storm raging outside prevails, with a few weak moaning coming from the cells block. Three shadows make it out alive, Flint, Conrad and Vixen, covered in blood and cut marks. Nobody else follows them, they stop at the proximity of Ashfel. - " Ouch... old man? Do you have any healing tricks? That hurts... " The half-orc is pretty much mess up, he has two bullet wounds and got stab deeply in the belly. Flint barely stands while Vixen falls on her ass with her back on the wall, trying to stop the bleeding from her neck. - " Morons and traitors! "

Last edited by MoonZar; 12-22-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 02:15 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
AshfelAt the pirates descent, Ashfel turns his head slightly to glance at Mako. The sound of pistol shot and clashing steel above was only just rewards for the treatment of the nobility in this cold land. But those that lead them to do the act somehow remain alive. It is a testament to either their skill, their crew's weakness, their luck or a combination of such things.

Responding to the wishes of the half-orc, Ashfel grunts, "Do I look like a chaplain? Of course I don't. Oldest trick in the book is to walk it off." Vixen makes her outburst causing Ashfel to look down upon her without an ounce of pity. He announces what he was told minutes prior before the pirates began fighting, "Sails were seen on the horizon, it is either is the navy, or the Legion coming for their captives." He then starts a coughing fit into his sleeve before looking back on the wounded pirates, "Which one of you do they know to talk to?"

OOCDidn't need to speak as I didn't have an action to do, but might as well drum up drama with dialogue.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

Mad Vixen Return- " It doesn't come with the beard? he he he... You do look like our late cleric. " Rana remembers the Matuzalian cleric dressed in blue they killed the day before in the cell block. The half-orc is not the smartest dude around, but he wanted to relax the atmosphere with a joke. - " May his soul rest in peace, he was very good to us. " Flint does basic bandages to stop Vixen bleeding while the pirates triad catch their breath.

Delilah get back to her feet as soon as they mention the navy. - " Bloody nightmare! Such a horrible timing. Here's the deal. The prisoners escaped because we were betrayed, we discovered that John was the leader with his cousin. " She points Mako and Ashfel with her blade. - " Unfortunately, we lost all our men at the hands of the prisoners last night and John and his crew tried to kill us this morning, we prevailed with both of your help. You will back up this story! Captain Grog will forgive me, but he might not be as lenient for two strangers, so don't f*ck this up. "

- " In exchange, I offer you a sailor share each when we recover our loot from those nobles scum and get paid by the legion. We know those lands and they can't be far with so much stuff. The Legion and the captain will hunt them down, there are also two other pirates ship in the vicinity. They won't escape those waters. " She waits for an answer, blade in hand. Of course, they doubt her sincerity, but with her convincing poisonous tongue, she may get away with this.

Last edited by MoonZar; 12-23-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:19 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5328
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Sayyida is poor at quite a few things. Waiting is one of them. She paces in a short two step line behind a hill of snow and a shed used to stock fire wood that hides them from view. She takes her two steps, pauses, turns a half circle, then paces two more steps before another pause and turn.

"Damn'it Pacho. It's been too long," Sayyida says fretting.

Looping a length of rope and grasping it with her off-hand, Sayyida begins to drag Rita's dead frozen corpse through the snow. She checks the rapier hidden in the slit of her cloak, making sure it hasn't frozen to its scabbard.

"Come. I tire of waiting," Sayyida says as she trudges through the snow. Rita follows unwillingly, a trough gouged into the snow by her corpse. She decides to settle in for the trip back to their prison. If any would ask - not that they would since she is in fact dead - Rita would rather not return. It is a foul place to her, filled with suffering and endings. A place of rancid odors and worse characters. Men and women who bathed infrequently, if not at all, and smelled of rancid fish, whiskey, and filth.

Sayyida stumbles a bit and yanks the slack ropes that bind her to Rita. Rita's body catches for a moment on a pile of snow that has built up against her before she bounces over it and bobbles onward. Their eyes meet briefly. Sayyida's sparkle with a certain memory and Rita's are frozen dull. She shakes her head - Sayyida of course - remembering that she had closed Rita's eyes after her death yet now they were open again. Perhaps the freezing opened them again, she thinks while yanking on the rope.

"Damnit Pacho, give me a hand."

Last edited by GeneT; 12-26-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Pacho"Its best we...." Pacho paused mid sentence, rubbing his hands for warmth and watching Sayyida fumble with the corpse. He sat a moment caculating the worth putting up a fuss about waiting as a frigid wind cut across his face making his decision for him.

He moved at a snails pace as if the cold air was slowly freezing his joints in place, strolling over the pirate princess and and taking his section of rope.

"Its best we get closer anyhow." Pacho said in a neutral voice, neither disagreeing or agree with the decision, in a vane attempt to cling to a vetoing of their impatience if need arise.

He drag the corpses as if she was a sack of potatoes. For the others she was a battle cry, for him she was just another aspect of the job, he had no attachment to poor lass positive or negative, he cared only of what use she was to his current mission, dead or alive.

Last edited by gotha; 12-26-2018 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:54 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
AshfelThe wooden mask of Ashfel does not have any flash of emotion in response to Vixen's threats or demands. There is a delayed reaction before he grumbles on his own. He responds, "Don't those terms suit you well...we get a share of dead men's belongings." He spits upon the ground next to him, "We'll agree to the damned terms, put that blade down."

He stands there, leaning upon his staff, waiting for but a single reaction. Not doing any sort of proactive aggression.

Old 12-27-2018, 10:13 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
"So how will do'ya think you'll die Pacho," Sayyida says suddenly as they drag Rita through the snow. She doesn't look back at Rita, just forward.

"Me. It'll either be fifteen men and women givin themselves courage to surround me and strike from every angle or one man or woman who I mistakenly take a line against. I imagine it'll be the latter though. I'm not one to be surrounded. But drawing against one man or woman.....I can see myself doing that. Refusing to add up the risk. Drawing my sword and issuing a challenge without realizing the danger. Stand chin to chin as they run me thru. That be me. Fool to the end. Bleeding on myself while trying to stand up from me knees against their laughter."

She sighs through lips press into a thin line, the air a gout of frozen smoke that drifts across her face. She knew what others said about her, the nobles, the families with prestige. And it wasn't a lie for the most part. She'd die for her name more than they would. They didn't have to fight for it nearly as hard as she did.

"I've killed twenty three in single combat. Honor challenges all. 'Cept there was little honor in'it."

Last edited by GeneT; 12-27-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
PachoPacho’s attention focused on the task at hand but his ear listened to Sayyida intently as she talked.
“There never is any honor.” Pacho said as he considered her words, thinking how fate even if not divined by gods is then seal us just being ourselves.

“Suppose I’ll go like her, my death being a cog of another intentions. Always been part of one scheme or another, sure I play my hand the best I can, but never bright enough to leave the table entirely.” Pacho took a breath and gave the body a tug to get it over a mound.

“Bound to be a time when I choose wrongly and my death serves someone more than my life.” Pacho said, taken aback by his honesty. In his life he had only been so with his twin, and even then there were rules due their shared interpretational morals. This woman’s likeness to his sister mixed with her sincerety were a deadly combination indeed.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
"A Cog," Sayyida says derisively with a snort.

"Seems I spent my life fighting against a Matazulan nobility that believes a name is more than a woman's talent and fire, only to end up here. Dying for someone else's scheming."

Sayyida pauses to catch her breath. She isn't really tired, but she can't tell if Pacho is or not, so she stops to listen to his breathing. The cadence of his ins and outs will tell her if being a captive has sapped his body. Unless his breathing is easy, she won't really know whether it is that he still suffers or if he isn't accustomed to heavy labor. She doesn't look at him. She peers into the depth-less grey white sky.

Sighing, she takes another few steps.

"I'd rather die because I'm the fool then die for someone else's games."
Old 01-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo-Mako, Escalating the ConThe acolyte shows little reaction to the pirates' state, other than a raised brow. They didn't bother asking him, so Mako doesn't volunteer anything about his healing arts (not that he would have for the pernicious curs). The wounds look pretty bad, and the pirate trio on edge, especially the wench's ... perhaps enough that a well timed spell might set some more 'discussions' off.

Mako takes a
Dice Sense Motive whether deceptive:
d20+9 (8)+9 Total = 17
fairly suspect look at the pirate vixen's offer, eyeing her blade with seeming nonchalance. He eventually nods toward Ashfel. "M'lord has spoken. Your employer will surely prove just as forgiving." His tone, whether intentional or not, fails to inspire much confidence in that sentiment. Raising cool eyes back up, he motions toward the front door, "Speaking of, they won't be long rowing from their vessel now."

Mako lingers near the back, letting the pirates and Ashfel severally take the lead. A little distance will make checking on the pair outside over the link more inconspicuous. Also, inconspicuous allows for opportunities for well placed spellcraft once the Legion arrives.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

The Legion
left-aligned image
Captain Grog
right-aligned image
an old female halfling?
The Vixen put the sword down as the old man accepts her desperate plan to talk her wait out of this situation. Flint and Conrad are satisfied as well, somehow putting their life in the female pirate's hands. - " Fair enough old man, remember the plan. " The three pirates take a break, bandaging their wounds and hide them as best they can with fresh clothes. Mako and Ashfel have plenty of time to whisper and look around the prison on their own if they wish to do so while the scoundrels prepare.

Outside the wind calmed down as well, it's snow intensively, the tracks Renť and the other party left behind are all gone. Pacho notices that a couple of rowboats made it from the frigate to the pirate ship, most likely to parley among themselves. This waiting is killing Sayyida, it takes a long half hour before at last two small boats leave the pirate ship toward the prison. With the white curtain in front of their eyes, they have poor visibility of what's approaching, but they can see the pirate flag on one of the rowboats, while the other doesn't have any particular marking. They disembark at the prison's dock after securing their boats, and the group disappears inside the prison. Pacho counted about a dozen people total.

It's been almost an hour that Vixen and her associate were waiting. They had time to drink and eat, whoever are their visitors they took their time having a discussion on the pirate's ship. The prison doors suddenly open, letting in a pile of snow on the floor. A party of ten people enters, an intimidating hobgoblin with an eyepatch and a metallic leg lead the way inside. His appearance doesn't leave a doubt that he's Captain Willie "Grog" Moss, captain of the Orphan and Vixen's superior. The sound of his prosthesis echoes in the hall of the prison as he moves forward toward Vixen that manages to keep a straight and composed face regardless of the bad news she carries. The captain is followed by four of his own man, that appears to be his most experienced crew. The five other humanoid following inside are the pirate's guests. They are led by... an old female halfling. She is armed with a repeating crossbow hanging on her back and a small rapier on her side, wearing a green leather winter gear. Her demarche is confident, her tired eyes as cold as the weather with an unusual smile. - " What do we have here? Vixen in the flesh! " The old lady stop progressing, five feet from Vixen and the others. The captain halts beside her and respond. - " Welcome to Raven's den Captain Agata, she is indeed my first mate and those are Conrad and Flint, good men. " His eyes stare at the two strangers in the room, he doesn't know the old bearded man and Mako. Vixen picks it up before he can say anything. - " ... and those two are Maki and Ashfel, they are with me. Would you like to sit? we prepared food and drink for you. " The old woman cough and clear her throat. - " We can stop the pleasantries dear, let me see the prisoners. "

The halfling is followed by three armored foot soldier, their head entirely covered with a helm, decorated like the face and body of a muscular steel golem. If they weren't moving earlier, someone could mistake them for statues. Their gear is dominated by tick tower shields and bastard swords. There's also a tall and thin woman that close the march and shut the doors, wearing a helmet with a skull embedded at the front. Her armor saw many battles, it's ancient, a bit rusty and cracked in some places. It's disturbing to see that there's no plating on her bare skin upper legs with this weather. Her skin is smooth and white as snow and only the condensation coming out of her mouth is proof that she is alive. The female long hairs are curly, oily and messy. They can't see the upper part of her face, hidden by the lower part of her helmet, but they have the feeling that she is looking at everybody who stares in her direction. Her weapon is an enormous flail with a head in the shape of a black moon with uneven spikes that she drags in her left hand. Her second weapon is an old two-handed sword attached on her back.

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-13-2019 at 05:48 PM.