RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: I-M > MoonZar > Empire's Trials
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 08:52 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2646
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Cold"We are always part of someone elseís games " he said before giving a body a heave. He panted for a second and looked up at Sayyida, he could see her watching him with her ears.

"Do worry about me lass, dirty work is my specialty." he said with as much of a grin the cold would let him muster.

Every twenty or thirty feet his head pop up like a bird and glared towards the ships, trying to catch a glimpse through the flurries of white. As the row boats drew nearer to shore his pace quickened. He wanted to make sure they were in a good position if the worst was to happen.

"Counting about twelve men, should be easy work for you." he said with a renewed vigor, the heavy work bringing some warmth to his body.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5428
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
At first, Sayidda chuckles, the sound just touching her lips. No-one had called her a girl in a long time. Then she begins to laugh deep and broad as Pacho's words meander in her head. It boils out of her until she shudders and small icy tears glisten in her eyes.

"There are few 'lasses' that can handle twelve men. An I don't do that kinda work," she says around her laughter with mock anger while turning to lay bright eyes on him and reaching for her rapier. She had to make sure the sword wasn't frozen in its scabbard and caused her trouble if she needed to draw it in a hurry once they made the prison.

Gripping the cold ropes that they used to drag the corpse through the snow, Sayidda takes a deep breath of brisk cold air and lets her laughter die. She still holds Pacho's face with her smiling eyes.

"You implying something of my person," she says looking him up and down as if measuring his curves. "Perhaps you can take them while I rest and watch since 'dirty work' is your specialty"

Last edited by GeneT; 01-14-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:29 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22681
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Date 5th of AzaŽlle, 7453 (Winter)
Time Morning
Weather Outside Snowing, -25 C.

The Legion
right-aligned image
Conrad, Vixen and Flint
- " Long story short, the prisoners escaped. " With a grim look, she gets right to the point. - " NO WAY?! " The captain violently punch the wall, the stone block crack and some pebbles fall on the floor. Before the hobgoblin has a meltdown she immediately continues with her explanation. - " They killed all our men on the way out. We were betrayed, John unlocked their shackles in our back. This morning with his pack of traitors the scumbag ambushed me and our men, we barely made it out alive with Mako and Ashfel help here. " She shows her neck injury. - " On his corpse, I found a duplicate of the cells key and a letter. " Vixen takes out the item from her pouch a crude piece of metal that looks like a skeleton key. - " WORTHLESS COCKROACHES! HOW COULD YOU ALL LET THIS HAPPENED? " He contains his wrath a moment to see the reaction of their guests. During Vixen elaborate lies, the halfling lighted up a smoking pipe discreetly while everybody eyes were on the woman. - " Disappointing... Disappointing indeed, traitors, and backstabbers in your midst captain? Sounds like the definition of pirates. " The hobgoblin grumbles and his reddish eyes are about to explode in their orbit, he really didn't take well the old tiny woman's insult. - " HEY! WORDS ARE LIFE, I'M MY WORDS, WE WILL BRING THEM BACK! They can't have made it far. "

Flint and Conrad remained silent during the whole story, trying to put the best straight face they can, it's unclear if the halfling believed them or not. The three ironclads didn't move an inch, however the wicked woman with the skull-shaped helmet approach. Resting flail handle on her right shoulder with one hand, the huge spiky ball hanging behind her. Her armor and steps echo as everybody stop speaking to see what she is up to. - " In those land, you all have entered the Valley of the Shadow of Death. " Speaking in the general direction of all the pirates, including Ashfel and Mako she makes the sign of a cross with her left hand. - " In the middle of it amidst the gloom, terror, and frozen death. You can't hide from the sleeping mother the stench of lies and murders sticking on your soul like infernal leeches. " The average pirates behind the captain are beginning to freak out, whispering among themselves in fear. - " Keep your distance witch! " The half-orc appears to be particularly superstitious and afraid, but so are sailors. - " Witch? Witchcraft would be kind beside what is going to happen to all of you if you don't bring satisfaction. " The halfling takes a couple of puff from her pipe. - " You are all in luck, we need your help to find those prisoners. Maybe it would appease our high priestess hunger for souls here if you fix this. "

Vixen and the pirates' captain had a hand on their respective blade, but relax a little bit when the priestess stops her curses. - " They took those rowboats outside, so they either went to Nuxvar which is a couple of miles from here or went in the opposite direction searching for a port to escape. It's unlikely those nobles will try to escape this land by foot. We can split into two groups and leave at once! " Vixen add her two cents to the strategy. - " We should go on foot along the coast, using small boats in that storm is too dangerous. We have friends that could inform us in Nuxvar if any strangers came by. " The small lady nods. - " That work for me, however we'll split as well and join those hunting party, I'm sure you will understand... Captain... " The hobgoblin doesn't have much of a choice after this epic fail that just happened, but having the legion looking over their shoulders is far from ideal.

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-29-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
AshfelA cold turned into a cough at the end of Vixen's excuses. Ashfel raises a hand as the fit continues and reaches its end, "Pardon ladies, and nobility." The former referring to the pirates that seemed so easily slaughtered earlier last night by some nobility with naught but the clothes on their skin, if any at all. He straightens his posture as he holds onto his staff, "The humors in the air have been disturbed by lies." Before the Vixen could even threaten further, Ashfel points off to where Sayyida and Pacho are, whispering on the link, "Bring her." He then announces, "I agreed to the terms of your story. But unfortunately, there was one prisoner that did not escape. Not alive, to say the least. A corpse worth a quarter of the bounty, a girl named Rita."

While Sayyida or Pacho get the message and start to come over, Ashfel explains, "Traitors or incompetents it matters not which died that night. But without a doubt, this Vixen here was present when a prisoner was in her captivity was executed, with little struggle." He paced a step back, almost as if urging Maki for some cover. He then coughs some more before resuming, "I don't know why she was killed, but whoever she was killed by had no foresight on why her head is four times the price when attached to her shoulders still." The masked wizard looks at the halfling nobility, "My question, while investigating the well-armed pirates is, for what reason do you hire untrustworthy bands of brigands for such fragile and valuable cargo? What do you wish from them as they yet live? Unless..." He strokes his beard, "You are seeking to replace a empress with a puppet. Sending these fools will only be hastening their escape as at least one of them has been proven a traitorous leader, if not a complete imbecile.
Dice Diplomacy, Request:
1d20+16 (1)+16 Total = 17
What you need are some men of intelligence in your ranks to lead the rabble."

Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Currently
Time Morning

The LegionAshfel going out of his way and speak up get all the attention of the occupant of the corridor. The hobgoblin raises an eyebrow. - " Terms of the story? WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT? " Things are starting to get very uncomfortable for the Vixen, as the death priestess enter her personal space. - " BACKOFF!!! " The tan woman take a step back to get some space with her hand again on her weapon. Conrad and Flint are starting to feel the heat and are backing off as well as the priestess state at them through her helmet. The pirates are getting nervous and an argument follows between them. - " SHUT THE F*CK-UP MAGGOTS! ". The halfling grinds and continues smoking, amused by all the scene. - " Interesting... Didn't know pirates had a sense for the dramatic. " The small elder woman was about to respond to Ashfel intriguing assumption about the legion’s plan, but the doors slam open, pushed by the wind as two scoundrels enter with a frozen corpse.

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-29-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:45 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
Sayyida stumbles through the prison's door with Pacho. She hauls Rita's frozen corpse over the threshold seeming to barely take notice of the others within the front room. Feeling the silence and eyes upon her, she looks up and around before pushing the frozen corpse against the wall. It slides along the cold floor with little resistance, ice upon the tiles, until contacts the wall with a soft sound.

Shaking snow from her coat but leaving her wet ice brittle hair across her face, Sayyida nods her chin to Lord Ashfel. Although her eyes take count and specifics of the others present, she ignores them as if they are meaningless and only Lord Ashfel matters.

Found boats sunk. They take some an try the coast. Left this one. Dead before she was carried out. Gutted somewhere else. They not have enough space to take her i think.I takoto nga kaipuke i kitea. Ka tango etahi, ka whakamatau i te tahataha. Waiho tetahi. Tuhinga o mua. Ka tohua ki tetahi atu wahi. Kaore e raukaha ana ki te tango i taku whakaaro," she says to Lord Ashfel in Aquan, the flowing water tongue of southern seas. Sayyida doesn't know if Rana can actually understand her, but it doesn't matter. Rana manages the tiller and Sayyida sails where her cousin leads. Even if any pirate can speak the water tongue, Sayyida says nothing that should disturb anything Rana has planned.

Keeping her eyes on her master, Lord Ashfel, Sayyida moves to stand next to a lighted brazier for warmth and nonchalantly leans against the wall. She leaves her cold weather gear on mainly to warm up and to continue to hide her form. Keeping her head down, she seems to absently count her fingers as if tallying some number.

Last edited by GeneT; 01-20-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:09 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Dante Dante stood atop the tower looking out at the cold, bleak, forbidding continent around him. It was an unforgiving place, a barren windswept expanse of broken outcrops and brackish water. This is a hellish place, and Dante was not excited to be back. As the icy wind howled around him, he knew that he should shiver, but he was just as cold inside.

Walking about the derelict fort Dante tried to get a feel for the place Ė and he had no doubts that it was a place steeped in misery. The sound of chatter and footsteps echo through the halls. Dante canít help but follow the sounds, wondering what the commotion is and it is just in time to see a pair of able-bodied fellows dragging what appears to be a dead body.

Well this should prove interesting.

The shadow of a man follows making his way into the meeting room as well. Walking through the doors he stands briefly studying the room. The newcomer has an average build, standing six feet tall with dirty blond hair faded on the sides to a slick of hair on top. A few daysí worth of stubble covers his face, and his dark stormy eyes scan the room. He is dressed in almost entirely in black except for the dark grey accents. A string of bells rested on the manís side, fixed in place their ringing at sea would foretell death Ė a common superstition. A tattoo wraps around his right arm extending from the nail of each finger, swirling around his wrist, and creeping all the way up his toned bicep and presumably continuing farther.

His eyes were studying everyone within the chamber. The noose it would appear was tightening around the Vixen.

This could prove useful, very useful.

A sly smiled creeped across the manís face. The winds were blowing, and Dante was not one to miss an opportunity such as this. Taking a position ingratiating himself near the captain and the halfling woman, Dante stood defiant in the eyes of the Vixen. The newcomer began to speak in a calm voice, he spoke the common tongue with an hint of accent, clearly he was from the outskirts of Selarya.

Once upon a time a Vixen spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a high vine. The grapes were ready to burst with juice, and the Vixen's mouth watered as she longed for them.

The bunch hung so high she had to jump. The first time she jumped she missed it by a long way, so she walked off a short distance and took a running leap, only to fall short once more. Again, and again she tried, but in vain.

Now she sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust.

"What a fool I am," she said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes."

And off she walked very, very scornfully.

The smile on his face flashed a wickedness hidden underneath.

It appears our Vixen is grasping for grapes beyond her reach. Stumbling, falling, and now they seem to be hardly worth her effort. There, a corpse that could have been a decent payout to the crew. Now, theyíll be lucky to afford a decent whore at the next port. She is wanton, capricious, self-serving, and untrustworthy. All this effort for a frozen corpse. Let us make it a brace of corpses.

Dante takes a step forward.

Captain?

Dante stands at the ready Ė with a single word from the captain, or their benefactors he would snatch the Vixenís still beating heart from her chest.

Physically well, all caught up.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
PachoPacho dragged the body following the pirate princesses lead. He plodded along with little more than guttural grunts of a simpleton making sure his gaze took in nothing but the task at hand. He was not longer Pacho but now the Fred, disgusting brute who cared little more than to get paid. He then leaned against the wall, his eyes down like a once vicious mut beaten into submission.

The monks entrance almost jolt his eyes from where they were fixated, but he held his nerve. Unknowingly being followed disturbed him. He was not a fan of surprises, especially those of his own shortcoming. At least the man gave them an extra layer of truth to their rouse. Their aliases were not the only sells words looking for a bite of the action. The tattooed man’s pension for theatrics also worked nicely in keeping the pirates eyes from him and his fellow hench woman.

He stood quietly and just awaited orders as he listened to the events unfold. His emotions for the vixen were a mix of sweet revenge and pity, there was little in his past deeds that separated her from him into hero and villain. A concept which had never even taken root in his mind, his father having started him a long the path of moral ambiguity before he could even speak. As always he let his emotions debate freely in the void of his mind and focused on the mission, eyes down ears open.

Last edited by gotha; 01-21-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

The Legion
right-aligned image
The tension increase as the truth chokes Vixen's throat. Rita's corpse makes quite an impression and the unknown pirate that made his entrance, just making things worst with his metaphor. The female pirate draws her blade in rage. - " I'M NOT GOING TO GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT! DANTE YOU ARE SO FULL OF SH*T THAT MY ASS IS JEALOUS, COME HERE IF YOU DARE... " Suddenly the hall become darker and cold. - " ENOUGH!!! " The death knight raises her flail and a blast of unholy magic unleash in black wave on Vixen. - " ARGhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! " She screams in agony as her skin burn before falling in ashes, her organs implode and her bones turn to stone. Only her gear remain among the remains. - " VIXEN Nooooooooo!!! " The captain makes a couple of steps forward, but it's too late. They can only witness this display of horror. The pirates run for their life outside, Flint and Conrad stay where they are with a shocked expression. The three golems take a step back, nobody can see their face, but they are probably troubled as well.

- " The sleeping mother has enough of your pirate non-sense, I will claim your souls, all of you if you don't find the nobles NOW!!! " The halfling remained stoic the whole time. - " No need to become agitated dear, I think they get it now. So... Captain... what it's going to be, are we splitting our effort like you suggested or there's more to discuss? " Conrad and Flint are shocked and move behind the captain, ready to draw their blade. - " YOU... ! " The hobgoblin gives a cold stare at the priestess, but he knows that would be suicide to attack them without his men. - " YES... LET'S HUNT THEM DOWN... However let's make this clear, I'm the only one who disciplined my people, priestess of death or not I don't give a damn. " The priestess show indifference, but doesn't challenge him further, she made her point. - " Good, you lead the expedition to Nuxvar with your The PCs that she thinks are pirates, Conrad and Flint.remaining men since you know people there. You are shorthanded and will take with you those three brave and our charming priestess. I will send a party in the opposite direction along the coast. " The priestess nods in silence. - " I will send report daily to captain Agata, no foul play from your pirates, or they will have an earlier appointment with Goddess of death and judgment, she is LNNanyl. " Captain Agata take out a bunch of scrolls from a case hanging on her side, those are portraits, she browse them and stop at an accurate drawing of Rita. - " This is princess Rita indeed, well, here's the agreed price for this one. " She takes her time, put back the scrolls in the case and throw a purse with Worth 1000 gpten gems in it to PachoFred. - " Remember, the reward is four times this amount per head alive, you can still become rich if you play it smart! "

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-29-2019 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 07:37 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
Once the killing is done, Sayyida pulls a bit of tobacco from somewhere in her covering. She tips it with one hand and rolls it tight in a bit of paper. Lighting it from the nearby brazer, she takes a long drag to make sure it burns heavy and after a while lets the smoke curl out from her nose. Wrapping the tobacco up in its wax paper and secreting it away somewhere close to her skin and warm, she nods to Lord Ashfel. Through the smoke, her eyes glimmer like bright coals. One false step, or word, and things could sink in a hurry. She spent every ounce of control she had to not reach and pull her rapier hidden inside her cloak when the death knight killed Vixen. It was a feral instinct. She cared nothing for their torturer but the knight's dark demonstration made her skin itch.

"Aquan : Rich and deadTaonga me te mate," she says to her lord shrugging her shoulders as if resigned to his decision.

Taking another long drag, she takes a few steps toward Fred and then holds out her free hand. "Give my cutHoatu taku tapahi," she says sternly to Fred, touching thumb to little finger indicating 'three' and trying to seem as if the manner of Vixen's killing was nothing of note. "Pay me loutUtu mai ki a au."

Last edited by GeneT; 01-22-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
PachoThe coins rattled as they bounced off his person and into his hands. Fred palmed them for a second, feeling their weight, entertaining treacherous ideas which quickly dashed from his mind as his eyes set upon Ashfel. This is who he was now, the brute beaten into submission.

He ripped the jewels away from Sayyida as she approached, only offering a snarl in reply. He quietly walked the reward over to Mako and held them out. Hs grasp paused their release just enough to display the proper amount of obedient disdain a man like Fred would have at handing over valuables.

With a pouty incomprehensible mumble he returned to his place on the wall and waited. This priestess was smart as she was vicious. Any fool could tell Fred was not the accountant of this merry band of villainy. With a simple toss she could test them, the pirates, the chances of double cross and god knows what else. All Pacho could do now is hope he played his part correctly.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Tatsuo-Mako, Wild Goose ChasingThe timing of things were working out as planned. The body came in just the right time for their pitch. ... However, that extra pirate's intervention was unexpected. While he anticipated some level of backstabbing, this one was unusually direct.

Still, the result all the same is that the bitch is dead, nothing anyone here will cry over. An intrigued Mako glances between the seething pirate captain and the death priestess. 'Opportunity.' His attention lingers longer on the mystery priestess.

The acolyte merely grins in his sharklike manner in response to the thug's tribute, as if it had been all too blithely rendered rather than grudgingly. Feeling the satisfying heft of the bag, Mako palms it and stows it. With a glance to the aquan thug, he makes a tsk-tsk motion, responding likewise in the flowing tongue, "Not until the job is done or m'lord bids."

Walking back beside his master's side, Mako regards Lord Ashfel questioningly for his lead. "M'lord?" Their next step is fairly obvious, regardless of being bossed around by the legion captain, but their cover requires Ashfel's say-so and how they shall play this.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:47 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5626
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
AshfelAshfel watches his people make exchanges with the Legion. Beneath his mask he has a frown. Sayyida spoke in Aquan, a tongue that Rana knew well as one of the four elemental tongues. This time it was not best to answer it in kind. It was not her role to speak with Ashfel present. The masked man grumbles, "Damned Darakyans, cannot speak a word of The world's equivalent, of course.common tongue around decent folk."

He looks on as Vixen is destroyed in but an instant. A thrilling victory, stolen by another's hands. Just one tormentor down. A great many more to go, uncompleted list of numbers plotted an assault upon herself and her blood. They all need to be neutralized and death is an easy punishment.

As gems are exchanged between the Captain and Fred, then back to himself, Ashfel taps his staff upon the ground, dropping the sack of payment as well before stepping forward, "How humorous." He addresses Agata, "You have come up short by at least fifteen gems. On the posters the bounty is twenty-five hundred gold. I am no pirate or a Darakyan peasant. I can read." He
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+16 (15)+16 Total = 31
clears his throat and eyes the death knight, "Where is the rest of what I am owed? Until then, I shall offer no assistance to these pirates you are allied with...or we can come to an alternative arrangement?"

Old 01-25-2019, 10:26 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16243
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Dante Well that’s one way to go about it. Dante simply watches as the Vixen is removed entirely from the realm of the living. Slightly curling his nose in distaste as her skin and organs disintegrate and her bones turn to ash.

So this is what they’re capable of.

The newcomer pirate would-be’s are squabbling over pay – how quaint.

Though the bravado is somewhat impressive. Raising an eyebrow he waits to see how the request for additional payment plays out.

As the newcomers have business with the Legion, Dante has business with the captain.

Captain, it seems that in addition to greenhorns there’s an opening in the chain of command. May I be so bold, as to suggest someone more direct to prevent these very issues in the future? Perhaps someone who now has an understanding of the Lady Nanyl and the timeline her priestess is keeping.

Dante motions towards the aloof priestess.

This would be an excellent stepping stone for Dante, and move him one step closer to the Legion.

Physically well, all caught up.

Last edited by wodine; 01-28-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-25-2019, 05:29 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Currently
Time Morning

The LegionThe hobgoblin captain is displeased to see the man arguing about payment, after what happened he's not suicidal to start a fight over this in front of the priestess. - " Not a pirate, is that right? " At this point it's pretty much obvious that Vixen was betrayed by those strangers and that Ashfel is the leader of the three others. The pirates takes Vixen valuables possessions. - " We'll speak later about this Dante, we have some noble scums to catch now. ONWARD! " Agata is a bit surprised that they are still up for a discussion after the infernal display of the priestess. - " Is that not convenient you are not part of captain Moss' crew now? Well, the delivery is late, bring me the others and you will get the full price for those. That's all you are going to get for now after all this drama, as you said, we might have to reconsider employing mercenaries, I'm not impressed. " The priestess is leaving the hall and look into the remaining loot of the pirates, finding plenty of snowshoes for herself and the three goons, the captain is doing the same for himself. They are preparing to leave, the priestess gives a final warning. - " You will die by the end of the day if you don't follow. Would be a shame, you are not ripe for the taking just yet somehow. Either way, you can't bring money on your final journey. "
OOCThere's plenty of skis and snowshoes for everybody.

Last edited by MoonZar; 01-29-2019 at 11:41 AM.