RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-21-2019, 02:20 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1129
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Anything you can tell us about the other PCs currently in the game? It'd help to narrow the focus for a complementary PC.
Old 10-21-2019, 02:36 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5205
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
I have a list at the bottom of the first post but I'll rehash it here. Currently there are 2 pirate captains, 1 merchant/pirate captain, a priestess of wealth owning a bank, a poor charity group who operate a school, and a family of business people owning various businesses including a farm.

There is also a 3rd pirate and a magical merchant selling oddities but their players have been MIA.

If you need more I suggest confirming the players listed and looking at their applications on this thread. I would also suggest looking at World Information to confirm other types of people that exist in the area.

Possible interesting ideas I would not mind seeing are:
-A Sharkman from the Maw's Depths.
-A spy from the Fort or other areas
-A Representative from the Black Dragon currently dealing with the Cullin.
-A member of the Red Sands Mercenary Company.

These are only off the top of my head and are not required but may contain preexisting story hooks we can work with.

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-21-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:06 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5533
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
A Red Sands mercenary would be quite the funny role that I suggest.

My character is a pirate captain cleric. So essentially my ship is one roving church.
Old 10-21-2019, 03:17 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Just to clarify, Red Sands is a mercenary company with ties to the Savage Lands. The mostly operate out of Breenland and are known for always keeping their contracts provided their employees keep theirs. They have a friendly rivalry with the Delvers Guild who focus on exploration and preservation of ruins from the lost empires. The Red Sands make their money protecting caravans, ships, individuals, and by performing raids/hunting trips into the Savage Lands.

They are also well known for hunting down those who have crossed them or killing their men in cold blood.

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-21-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:32 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Yes, and who would kill one of their retinue in cold blood? Not me, surely.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3076
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
*Captain Shuran smiles widely at the incoming new recruits*

"Why YES. Turns out we do have some fresh openings..."

*Stabs first mate*
*Pushes him overboard*

"Let me tell you about our health insurance package."
Old 10-21-2019, 05:35 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Wouldn't put it past her even if her first mate is her sister.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:19 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodDoctor View Post
*Captain Shuran smiles widely at the incoming new recruits*

"Why YES. Turns out we do have some fresh openings..."

*Stabs first mate*
*Pushes him overboard*

"Let me tell you about our health insurance package."
No no no...it is more like this.

Time for tryouts.

But no, she wouldn't kill her sister...up close...with a non-silver dagger.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:00 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Pirate Beebop
The Green Rookie
left-aligned image

FORSYTHE TIBBIT
NG Fuusa Male, 19
Master Summoner 6
"I got friends in high and low places..."

A new resident of The Maw, along with his guardian and companion Roki'i, Tibbit has set out to discover his new place in the world whilst Roki'i is left with the more mundane and boring job of legalities behind the scenes. Eager and enterprising, one can tell by the horrible disfigurement of scaring marring his body that the Fuusa has gotten a new lease on life, and he'll be damned if he lets any opportunity go to waste. He is filled with manic energy for the most part and is quick to trust others. Were it not for the guardianship of Roki'i, he would wander naively into the maw of any old smiling shark.

He is extremely friendly and has a talent for planning and logistics, calling upon friends and allies, and helping them perform to their upmost capacity. He has the potential of a great leader however he is a poor track record of debts. The balance of favors and payments owed is a constant curse that has cost him many potential opportunities for fortune. The struggle is real.
The Rock
right-aligned image

OLD ROKI'I
LG Kiiya Male, 120
Inspiring Commander 5 (NPC)
"What have you gotten us into this time?"

Old Roki'i is not actually as old as people think; amere 120 years young this tortoise has many,many years ahead of him. The only thing that would make people assume otherwise is his slow demeanor and calmness in the face of danger. He has seen many battles and lived to tell the tale. From that experience comes wisdom.

Once a renown military man in his own home country, his life took a drastic change for the stranger when he had come across Tibbit during a battle against the lizardmen, the frogling was one of the very few left uneaten by the ravenous swampfolk. The child was in such a poor state and torn to a near bloody pulp that Roki'i's compassion took over he he took it upon himself to nurse the poor boy back to health. That was when an unbreakable bond formed within him, as his kind is wont to do regarding the Fuusa.

Tibbit turned out to be quite a handful and had already begun to scheme of greater things now that he had tasted death. In turn there was little Roki'i could do to sway the fuusa toward something more sensible, safer. So instead, the elder Kiiya took it upon himself to join him, advising him and keeping him out of trouble as best he can.

His old military skill has proved invaluable in the foundation of the Brotherhood, and his discipline on orderliness makes him an ideal commander of the crew in terms of naval warfare. Like Tibbit, he is no fan of conflict, but is still very well prepared if a situation should boil down to trading blows.
The Mascot
left-aligned image

"RED"
CG Caypup, 32052 yrs
Guardian Spirit 4
"Rowrf."

Red has come about when a temple raiding expedition when sideways when Tibbit had sought to obtain an ancient Ruuha relic of one of their old gods when he had accidentally swallowed it when he tried to grasp it with his tongue, and it has been within him ever since. A costly mistake that has shown to have some fringe benefits when Red had started appearing when Tibbit would call upon his summons, and has been a steadfast member ever since.

Few know what goes on inside the mind of a chaos-dog, though none would truly be prepared for just how wise and profound this ancient aspect of a God really is. Rrah the Destroyer, Angel of the Apocalypse seems content in just lazing about these days, sniffing butts, scratching fleas, licking groin. Y'know. Dog stuff. The end of the world can wait.
PERSONAL WISHES
This is a revamp of my old application, scaled down in scale from being a full on Captain with a retenue to simply being a lower level PC just scouting out current factions for a job and place where he can fit in. The old character sheet have yet to be updated, but will quickly be done if selected. Not sure how/where the favor system comes into play, but hopefully I've given enough opportunities for things to balance out as listed below each character:

--Tibbit is aiming for the Leadership feat down the road, and his own ship. He has the unfortunate luck of being delicious. however. (??? -Favor, swamp folk/Carniverous Beings)

--Roki'i has a military history, many painful regrets, and perhaps torn loyalties to his old regiment. Currently Friendly NPC, aiming to get him as cohort down the road. Old friend who is currently occupied with setting us up with permanent residence and navigating necessary beaurocracy/red tape for citizenship within the maw. Will be MIA until Tibbit hits appropriate level. (??? +Favor)

--Red. Well, hes a fragment of a God. Dog-god. Rrah the Destroyer lies somewhat dormant within him, but who knows what could send the chaos-pup over the edge, and to what kind of consequence? Since he is the result of a stolen Ruuha relic, the dogmen do not take kindly to Tibbit and his commandeered sacred object. (??? -Favor)

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 10-21-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:18 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
GoodDoctor: Please note that OLD ROKI'I will be at level 5 as an NPC for now but as you have stats and background for him you will start with 3 Favors with him which can be traded in to make him a friend. As your starting with a lower level but may still want a ship I would suggest a Ship's Boat.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:33 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
Adjusted level in app. The ship will have to wait. Looking forward to joining another faction's crew for now.
Old 10-21-2019, 11:41 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1129
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
How many players are being added on?
Old 10-22-2019, 01:31 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ SalmonMax: Looking for 4
Old 10-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2993
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Just noticed this. I believe my earlier app is completed but will have to review tonight when I get home
Old 10-22-2019, 01:35 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Kshnik: As I am currently looking for lower level characters without the Leadership feat you might have to make some adjustments. Once these people level up they will have the opportunity to start a faction of their own, just not begin with them.

Last edited by taleteller50; 10-22-2019 at 05:03 PM.