RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 07:54 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5305
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ Vaerdis: Effective Level for wealth. No half cost for crafters tho.

@Fwalin & Rylus: Crafters, like shipbuilders and weapon makers, are absolutely needed in the Maw. Although there is little in the way of ore and usable lumber to be gathered at the Maw itself such materials can still be transported there. There is also occasional ships that might be intercepted by pirates which have materials. Even the occasional wrecked item can be melted for scrap and reforged. No matter the materials source there would be plenty of pirates who would be willing to pay for new equipment or repairs if they can't go to other ports.

There is also the possibility that you could find locations with the materials you need among the other islands. You would not be protected as you would be in the Maw but such is the price for materials.

However way you deal with possible material shortages the fact still remains that there will be those looking for what you produce, even if it's mostly repairing stuff.

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-24-2019 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 07:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
OK i have my start:
Sun Dwarf Leader (Druid 8)
Dwarf Cohort (Monk 2/Fighter 3/ War Priest 1)
Sun Dwarf/Dwarf followers (Mixture of Warriors and Courtesans)

Cost of a river sail/oar boat(s) - much smaller than a sailing ship? I want to terrorize the rivers not the seas though a few trips to one of the immediate islands would be in order.

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
@taleteller50 Not that I am anywhere close to done, but what does a finished APP include?
Old 03-24-2019, 08:47 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ Murder: That's up to you. The more you have the better your chance. Show me what you see as finished. I gave a little outline in the add under Character Creation.

@ Kshnik: There's not much in the way of rivers among the isles themselves (at least none that are worth traveling up). If you want a smaller boat then a Ship's Boat is only 500 G but can still sail. You could use them to swarm ships that were trying to travel the straights but anything further out might be a little harder.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I have all but 10k or so gp squared away, background is done and some teams figured out. Followers are simply the npcs who have free and loyal service to your character, correct? Are teams exempt from the leadership level limit? Because in contrast to follower rules, there are teams of npcs that include player classes exclusively (highlighting apprentice, they can only be 9-level caster classes).

Additionally, do Galleys (10,000 gp ships) fit rooms aboard and generate income like rooms in a kingdom?
Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 PM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3169
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
Pirate Beebop
THE BROTHERHOOD OF BRONZE

A loose foundation with very few permanent members, the Brotherhood is a merchant trading guild specializing in the transport of goods in the hotly contested waters of Krakenmaw. Neither particularly influential nor large and imposing, they rely upon the very methods employed by the many scallywags and ne'er do wells in order to navigate the seas and the underbelly of the city undetected, relying upon greased palms and gathered information to plan their journeys. Kind of like a heist, but in reverse.

Originally founded a few months ago, the core membership relies heavily on each other's strengths and have formed a strong bond forged through peril and profit. Landbound at first and running missions beneath the Undershell. they've managed to build up enough saving to commission a ship built upon their behalf; The Songmaiden. The only problem now is finding reliable help in this backwater dive.

By this point they've built up a few reliable and wealthy contacts of questionable ethics, growing in acclaim enough for referential treatment as they've become known for rather creative means of transporting good. Sporting a rather impressive 68% success rate, they fall somewhere between "very adequate" and "If we can't find someone better, I guess," on the spectrum of reliability. It's a tough business out there, what with the over-abundance of thieves and pirates.

The Sweet-talker
left-aligned image

CAPTAIN TIBBIT
NG Fuusa Male, 19
Master Summoner 8
"I got friends in high and low places..."
_________Leadership: 19_________

Leader and face of the operation, Tibbit's job is to figure out the logistics and get the goods from point A to B. Eager and enterprising, one can tell by the horrible disfigurement of scaring marring his body that the Fuusa has gotten a new lease on life, and he'll be damned if he lets any opportunity go to waste. He is filled with manic energy for the most part and is quick to trust others. Were it not for the guardianship of Roki'i, he would wander naively into the maw of any old smiling shark.

He has a talent for planning and a skill for calling upon the abilities needed to get the job done, whether it be the core brotherhood members, the rotating door of deckhands or sailors, of even calling upon the favors of extraplannar and divine entities in order to get himself out of jams. The balance of favors and payments owed is a constant struggle that has cost the crew of The Songmaiden their profits to the point they are often broke, but always there is just another job around the corner allowing them to set aside their differences in the pursuit of profit that is just as likely as not to end up in a bust.
The Rock
right-aligned image

OLD ROKI'I
LG Kiiya Male, 120
Inspiring Commander 6
"What have you gotten us into this time?"

Old Roki'i is not actually as old as people think; amere 120 years young this tortoise has many,many years ahead of him. The only thing that would make people assume otherwise is his slow demeanor and calmness in the face of danger. He has seen many battles and lived to tell the tale. From that experience comes wisdom.

Once a renown military man in his own home country, his life took a drastic change for the stranger when he had come across Tibbit during a battle against the lizardmen, the frogling was one of the very few left uneaten by the ravenous swampfolk. The child was in such a poor state and torn to a near bloody pulp that Roki'i's compassion took over he he took it upon himself to nurse the poor boy back to health. That was when an unbreakable bond formed within him, as his kind is wont to do regarding the Fuusa.

Tibbit turned out to be quite a handful and had already begun to scheme of greater things now that he had tasted death. In turn there was little Roki'i could do to sway the fuusa toward something more sensible, safer. So instead, the elder Kiiya took it upon himself to join him, advising him and keeping him out of trouble as best he can.

His old military skill has proved invaluable in the foundation of the Brotherhood, and his discipline on orderliness makes him an ideal commander of the crew in terms of naval warfare. Like Tibbit, he is no fan of conflict, but is still very well prepared if a situation should boil down to trading blows.
The X-Factor
left-aligned image

VALENTCIA
NE Aquatic Elf Female, Age Unknown
Adept 5
"*yawn* Wake me up when things get interesting."
____________MANAGER 1______________

The most secretive and maligned of the Brotherhood, little is known about Valentcia's history within Undershell, but she has got more than evough shady dealings and enemies within it's protective aegis and often times it catches up to them. She of course feigns innocence and often gives poor excuses if not outright lies when it comes to the motivation of others.

Already in a world full of trouble, she saw an opportunity to latch on to the couple of swampland bumpkins the moment they set foot into her territory, selling herself as a weathermage (which she's not) who is good with people (which she isn't). Instead she is a powerful enchantress and a follower of Greed that has used her wiles often upon Tibbit, and though Roki'i has yet to catch her in the act, he fundamentally doesn't trust her
The Q
right-aligned image

GIZMO
CN Gek Girl, Age 9
Expert 4
"I can save you 15% or more on boat insurance."
____________MANAGER 2______________

Not much is know about this creature. She just kinda showed up from below deck. Whether she came with the boat when it was built or stowed away on the first mission, she has made a place for herself as The Songmaiden's engineer.

Crafty, but a little nutty, she spouts constant nonsense that are clues to her own forgotten past. She seems more than she lets on and is far more intelligent and knowledgeable then any would expect far beyond her age.
The Mascot
left-aligned image

"RED"
CG Caypup, 32052 yrs
Guardian Spirit 5
"Rowrf."

Red has come about when a temple raiding expedition when sideways when Tibbit had sought to obtain an ancient Ruuha relic of one of their old gods when he had accidentally swallowed it when he tried to grasp it with his tongue, and it has been within him ever since. A costly mistake that has shown to have some fringe benefits when Red had started appearing when Tibbit would call upon his summons, and has been a steadfast member ever since.

Few know what goes on inside the mind of a chaos-dog, though none would truly be prepared for just how wise and profound this ancient aspect of a God really is. Rrah the Destroyer, Angel of the Apocalypse seems content in just lazing about these days, sniffing butts, scratching fleas, licking groin. Y'know. Dog stuff. The end of the world can wait.

STRONGHOLD
left-aligned image
T&R Acquisitions Co.
Dockside Pier/Guildhouse, 2yr Est.
"It takes a village"

Rooms 1 Animal Pen, 3 Common Room, 1 Dock, 1 Kitchen, 1 Lavatory, 1 Office, 1 Vault, 1 Sitting Room, 3 Storages, 2 Workstations

Warehouses and workshops for docking ships and handling cargo and passengers. Retrofitted to provide housing and accommodation for live-in staff and guild members.
SHIP
left-aligned image

"The Songmaiden"
Colossal Sailing Ship, 6mo.
"Creator be our Guide."

Rooms 5 Bedrooms, 2 Bunks, 1 Kitchen, 12 Storage, 1 Workstation, 1 Office

A recent commission and investment that has thus far been put to good use, The Songmaiden is a fine example of dwarven craftsmanship created by the Savage Waves (™). Used for trade expeditions, exploring, and adventuring. Whatever pays more. Has seen a few battles on the open seas to varying degrees of success. That fact that it remains floating is a miracle.

PERSONAL WISHES
I've created an application that doesn't have too deep of roots and from the perspective of a naive outsider, because that is exactly how I feel as a player in this new sandbox and I will be experiencing a lot of new rules as I explore this campaign more. Never did kingdom building before. Don't know downtime or managers. I'd like to see how these new races interact and how their cultures unravel.

I've given a few hooks for every main side character, with the exception of the actual leader. It is through his blank-slate perspective which I will be writing:

--Roki'i has a military history, many painful regrets, and perhaps torn loyalties to his old regiment.

--Valentcia has a dark past of betrayal and manipulation which can allow the DM to throw obstacles in our way. Also ties to the Goddess of Greed that compels her personality and actions. Heaven forbid that the Goddess gets more personally involved.

--Gizmo is a child with amnesia and a scrambled brain that is both at once brilliant and insane. Scarring about her body and skull point to some sinister implications. She's got knowledge an skills beyond her years.

--Red. Well, hes a fragment of a God. Dog-god. Rrah the Destroyer lies somewhat dormant within him, but who knows what could send the chaos-pup over the edge, and to what kind of consequence?

Initially, I'd just like figure out this downtime stuff, and get some sheets up with relative success until I feel comfortable with what is being asked of me. The casual rate of posting expectation was a draw for me, as was the more in-depth planning involved. But eventually I would like to set this motley crew loose in the world to just explore, adventure, discover, and survive the high-seas with no particular goal in mind; wide-open opportunity and freedom abound. I'd like to see your love of the Pirate world manifest.

Not sure if that is what I am supposed to bewriting in this section, but there it is.

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 04-14-2019 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:19 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ GD: Good to have you interested Doc

@ Vaerdis: Followers are free and loyal NPC's and it is advised that you form them into Team. To Quote the Rules on Posting:
Quote:
Both the Group’s Leader and their Cohort will be allowed to take individual actions and roles while Followers are expected to be grouped into teams or used as Managers for ease of use. As a Rule of Thumb Followers of Level 3 and lower will be used as part of Teams while those of Level 4 or Higher can be used as Managers of businesses which the Faction Leader or Cohort are too busy to care for.
If you wish to purchase teams past those which will be generated by Leadership you can do so but such teams will only be working for you, not as loyal as true Followers.

As for Higher level Teams/ Followers..
1- Apprentice is actually a Lv.1 Caster, not 9th.
2- The Highest Caster from the Team rules is Mage/Priest, which are both level 3
3- As Mentioned above, Followers above Lv.3 will be used as Managers.

For Ships, each ship type will be given specific stats that correspond to the Room Rules. For example, a Sailing Ship will count as 5 Bedrooms, 2 Bunks, 1 Kitchen, 13 Storage, and 1 Office for a total area of 120 squares. If you wish these rooms can then be transformed/upgraded into others later. When you perform a Downtime action, if it is to Generate Capital, the rules for the rooms will act normally. On the other hand, if you use the ship as part of an adventure, to hunt treasure, attack a rival, etc. then it can't be used to generate Capital and will act like you were using the 'rooms' for personal use.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:16 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
By 9th caster, I mean a caster with the capacity to reach 9th spell level, wizard and such. But thanks for the other answers, for now my app is essentially done.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4326
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
This is a great concept. I love games like this. Too full to join but will watch this game with glee.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:55 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Vaerdis: Although Followers will increase in level as your leadership score increases Teams will not. If you need a rationalization you can think of it as the original member moving on once he/she gains experience but still finding a replacement before they leave. Alternatively a Team can be upgraded, say an Apprentice to a Mage, after paying the appropriate cost and then to a Manager if wished (Once again after the difference in cost). Followers of course don't need to be paid for past the general need of food, shelter, and equipment.

@ EVERYONE: If anyone feels there is a type of NPC Team that is missing from the normal Downtime list and has an idea for a new one please suggest it and I'll see if it's acceptable.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
What does it take, and the cost, of getting a stronghold in the Maw? What would the monthly dock fees be for a ship boat (Fishing/whaleboat)?

Professional (Sailor) work for fishing boat?

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-25-2019 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2601
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Would i be able to use the father's forge hammer, re-fluffed for this world. Say its a gift of mother earth and teacher fire?

Last edited by Rylus; 03-25-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:48 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ Kshnik: Use the Downtime Rules for making a Building.

Docking Fees are dependent on the size of the Boat.

Profession (Sailor) would allow you to pilot the boat but Profession (Fisherman) would be used to actually catch fish. Even if you only have Fisherman you can still use a boat but it wouldn't help you in rough waters. @ Rylus:The Hammer looks fine and could either be from the Elements or a Smith God.
Old 03-25-2019, 09:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2601
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Works for me.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:09 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 343
SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts SSlotts
Will Paladins be held to their lawful good alignment? Also I'm potentially looking into being a smuggler and tavern owner. I'm trying to read all of the world information but are their any illegal goods or would smuggling revolve around stolen goods?