RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-28-2019, 09:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
I am guessing pirate ships that raid probably make good use of ballista over cannon maybe or magic in their place since gunpowder is not readily available, though I am sure there are other means as well.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:23 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5305
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
@ Vaerdis: The Cullin has no authority on the open sea, only in the Maw. Of course it's very hard to operate in the Savage Isles as a pirate if the Cullin decides he doesn't like you anymore and bans you from entering the Maw so most respect his wishes.

As for within the Maw itself there is no 'official' law, only the whim of the current Cullin. What currently passes for those whims is as follows.

-Everyone shall pay the Cullin's Cut (as outlined in the Ad). Those who do not will be brought to the Cullin for judgement (usually paying 5x what they owe or potential exile).

-'Trouble Makers' will be dealt with by Ruusin "Black Whip". What constitutes a 'Trouble Maker? Well.. The occasional brawl or theft isn't going to get much flak as it's expected for people in the Maw to look after themselves but if someone starts fights everywhere they go then Black Whip will usually give them a warning and then a beat down. Even the occasional death isn't going to raise too much of a fuss as it's unlikely to be investigated (other then by the dead man's crew) but if Black Whip or the other 'guards' see something they'll put a stop to it.

-If someone has a complaint they can bring it to Black Whip (or the Cullin if they have the pull to do so) and then the Cullin will decide if he wants to take care of it.

-Previously there was nothing really protecting the farm workers outside the Maw, the owners of said farms being the ones expected to protect said people, just like a business was expected to protect those working for them, but recently Dameon changed this. Now those who mess with the Stilt's area and it's residence are given warnings. Continued aggression will usually have Black Whip call in the two parties and decide what to do, usually with the aggressor getting some lashings in a public space if she believes it is needed to stop the problem.

-Arson, in any form, will have you immediately dragged in front of the Cullin and either exiled or executed.

The Cullin can change any of this on a whim but normally doesn't and just tries to 'keep the peace' in the Maw.

@ MaximumUnicorn: If there is a class that has Gunsmith, which 'feels' right for the campaign, but which doesn't require the use of Guns exclusively (ie. the Class abilities need a gun to be used) you have my permission to take the class and the Gunsmith feat can be traded for another.

@OneDarkness: Ballistas and magic are the most common forms of ship combat although catapults and Alchemist Fire Launchers are used too. Basically, if it's in the rules and it's not using Black Powder it should be ok.

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-28-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:50 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
A Reminder to Everyone

NPC and Followers are important to this game.

The more 'character' you put into your faction and the people they know the more likely I'll pick you.

A basic description of some of your businesses should also be considered.

Followers of level 4 or higher will act as business managers for free but if you have more shops then these followers you can still hire from outside your group. These people will just not have the same degree of loyalty as your followers. If you describe this hired hands as an NPC they would also owe you favors (although they won't work for free).

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-28-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:57 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Thanks Taleteller, but I think I've got my classes planned out. However, if anyone else is curious, the Wyrm Sniper and Siege Gunner archetypes for Gunslinger could fit. And of course there is the obvious Bolt Ace archetype as well, but I'm pretty sure that one already replaces Gunsmithing.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
How exactly do followers work? I get cohorts- but followers is confusing me. I am very confused about them having levels and such- like I know they are all NPC classes, but how are levels allotted. The chart on the srd doesn't fully make sense- because some of you guys have followers that you would need a really high CHA to have at this level.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:31 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
@ MurderInParadise: Followers are low level people who will be using NPC classes like Experts, Commoners, Warriors, Adepts, etc. as you have pointed out. How many you have and at what levels can be found in the table under the Leadership rules. For example if your Leader is Level 8, has a +4 mod for Charisma, and has a place for all of your followers to stay (Stronghold bonus +2) then you effective 'Follower' score would be 14. Looking at the table you would then have a distribution of 15/1 or 15 level 1 Followers and 1 level 2. There are classes that can increase this score along with at least 1 trait and a Headband of Alluring Charm can provide a bonus as well as long as your leader is wearing it at all times.

You can also have additional people by buying Teams as detailed in Downtime but these people will only be working for you, not inherently loyal to you.

If you tell me your bonuses I can tell you your score and go over it with you.

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-28-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Sorry for the delayed application, taleteller! The Merchant Prince class is per the updated version you and I have discussed. This application gets in the thematic details, but does not include sheets. I can update with those if needed. I do have other followers who are above 1st level, and if so desired, I can expand my app to provide details on them. Didn't want this to turn into an overly lengthy novel of a post.

Application
TANAKA'S EMPORIUM

Tanaka's Emporium is an established business in the Maw. Although it's neither a pirate organization nor a sailing operation, they do business with both parties, as well as the local residents. After the Emporium was established, the eponymous and mysterious Lady Tanaka expertly organized her economic enterprise into a well-oiled machine. There's a hierarchy among the employees, there's discipline for those who fail or step out of line, there are rewards for those who excel. A notably high standard of living (as the Maw goes) sees them attract many job seekers, which is a fortunate means of replacing those who are more literally cut.

The Emporium deals in a bit of everything. On its public face, it provide both raw materials and finished goods shipped in from elsewhere in the world. An important locally, when nature provides for so little. Lady Tanaka and her right hand, Akihiro, regularly fashion magical items and other baubles of interest - with the occasional opening for custom work. The price they command for such endeavors is high (as it tends to be for anything they sell which is exotic or rare) but still reasonable enough that locals often look to the Emporium for their needs. Excellence in quality is a top priority, and it keeps clients returning to do business.

There is, of course, the shadier side of the coin. Info mongering, smuggling, trade in "found" goods. No slavery, though (whatever her reasons, Tanaka often kills slavers). Very little is known about she and Akihiro, and even they allegedly have few answers to give in that regard. Wherever they came from, they've put down deep roots in the Maw and worked hard to become an economic staple. Tanaka obviously has her eye on gaining political power in the region, and she's known to work with the likes of the Cullen and other noteworthy persons to solve "difficult" issues. Akihiro being a wizard aside, Tanaka herself commands not only a mastery of business, but strange powers of the mind which many fear on vague details alone.

Always, though, do the locals advise that one read the fine print before signing a business contract with the Emporium. Lady Tanaka is diplomatic and patient, but in the end, she and her many employees collect on debts owed.

Leader and PC
right-aligned image

LADY TANAKA
LE Human Female, 35
Psion 7/Merchant Prince 1
"I'm quite certain that we can arrive at a reasonable arrangement."
_________Leadership: 17_________

Lady Tanaka is the mystery at the center of her self-named Emporium. The title is one she claims to have had in the land she came from, but then, she also claims that she can remember very little about that place beyond vague details of customs or style of dress. Irrelevant little scraps of information which nevertheless make her quite the exotic figure. She wears beautiful layered kimono and wrapped dresses of fine silk, often with sprays of exotic flowers to compliment her unusual physical characteristics.

Most would say that Tanaka is a very pleasant figure at first blush. She maintains excellent manners, fulfills many economic needs within the Maw at prices the locals can afford, and treats more exclusive clients with respect. Her employees live well and suffer little so long as they satisfy expectations. On the other hand, those in the know are afraid of her with good reason.

Business dealings with the Emporium can be deadly, should they head south. Tanaka has a large number of dangerous people working for her, and the Lady herself commands little understood abilities. People speak of her having strange powers, but they're not arcane. No, the locals can at least recognize wizardry. This odd woman, it's almost as if she can change the world with her very thoughts. Older sailors of the Maw, most prone to superstition, whisper that she may be some manner of eldritch creature washed in with the tide.

Tanaka is patient and wise. She knows when to press the advantage and when to cut her losses. However, she has very little patience for those who fail to follow through on their deals with her. A blatantly violated contract is that much worse. In these situations, Tanaka has "leg breakers" among the employees who collect overdue debts or repay betrayals. Her sphere of influence is slowly extending to reach figures of power in the Maw, and it's obvious that she has her sights set on becoming more than an economic force alone.
Cohort
left-aligned image

AKIHIRO
LE Human Male, 60
Wizard 6
"My loyalty is to my Lady. Offer her due respect, lest my craft disrespect you."

Akihiro belongs to the same mysterious ancestry as Tanaka, and like her, he claims to remember very little about where they came from aside from those little details which maintain their exoticism. A devoted wizard, he practices his craft to the benefit of the Emporium, often by working with Tanaka to obtain or fashion magical items for sale. Sometimes, these items are procured. At other times, they tailor them to a customer's needs. Akihiro takes his art seriously, offering it only the finest details he can provide.

Conducting himself much as a vassal would for their lord, Akihiro is unerringly devoted to Tanaka's service. He sees that the smaller, day to day affairs of their operation continue to move so that she can handle larger problems. If someone in their employ becomes a problem, Akihiro takes care of it. If magic is needed for a special purpose, Akihiro takes care of it. If there's a threat to Tanaka's Emporium, Akihiro handles it as his Lady wishes, or otherwise acts with almost brutal efficiency to extinguish the proverbial fire. He's in every way the retainer a lord would want, and he seems geared to help Tanaka fulfill her goals.

Last edited by Kuroyama; 04-17-2019 at 01:26 AM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin

Application
The Fireheart Clan

A mile from the Maw lies Firehold, an island that consists of a single hill in which the Firehearts, the local clan of Dwarves, live at one end and Crazy Davey lives at the other. The hill rises in sheer cliffs from the water and there is only one landing place, where a dock that can hold two ships stands below a 30 ft high, circular tower on top of a 30ft cliff. A drawbridge leads to brass clad doors that open into the realm of the Firehearts ,whose business is providing the best weapons and armour in the Maw, as well as fine ales and dried mushrooms of diverse types. They also provide guns and powder to those with the gold to pay for them. The Cullin's rule holds here as much as in the Maw for there is a close alliance between the clan and the Cullin which is how the Maw has cannon to protect it.

The Firehearts are led by a formidable matriarch, Lyla Fireheart, who is a famed gunslinger and engineer. She is usually accompanied by her partner, and bodyguard, Balen who is famed for this handling of a two handed maul. The clan they lead is small, but like all clans of the Folk, disciplined, loyal and inward looking. No-one who is not of the clan has been any further into their lair than the shop which is inside the brass doors, the steel clad doors at the back of the shop mark the point beyond which guests are not welcome. The shop is open every day and has one wall of armour, one wall of weapons and one wall devoted to ales and mushrooms. The three experts who make the goods are well known to the inhabitants of the Maw, the warriors are not as they wear helms that mask their features at all times.

Lyla Fireheart is a mystery to all the inhabitants of the Maw except for her Clan and the Cullin. Arriving from the north three years ago, Lyla and Balen were introduced to the Cullin by Jed Bulstrode, a local merchant and fixer. They met with the Cullin and then left to start to build their stronghold at Firehold. Within weeks, small groups of Folk arrived and joined them. It is rumoured that Lyla is the daughter of a Gralen II, king of a northern Dwarven city who chose to marry Balen, who is socially inferior to her, after his gallant defence of her brothers body in a battle in the Underdeeps. Lyla came to the Isles to carve out her own clan and build her own hold and she was followed by some of her fathers supporters.

Lyla tends to keep herself to herself, appearing in public rarely but her clan all follow Balen's example and are loyal to a fault. She is known to them as ' The Princess' and any insult offered to her is the spark for them to fight for her honour. When attempts have been on her life, her speed and accuracy with her firearms means that she is well able to defend herself.

Their local contacts are Jed, who knows her father well and acted as his local contact before Lyla's arrival, and the Sahaugin boatman, Sshlik, whose boat is the only ferry allowed to dock at the hold. Sshlik and Jed can get messages, and people to the clan, ships who the Cullin has approved can land at the docks.

Leader
right-aligned image

Feats - Noble Scion (Leadership based on Dex),

Lyla Fireheart
LG Dwarf Female, 75
Gunslinger 8
"You want powder. You have 10 gold. You have got to be joking."
_________Leadership: 14_________
Lyla is a slight figure for a female dwarf. She is 4'0" tall, with reddish brown hair and a voluptuous figure. She habitually carried a handaxe and a pistol and wears tight leather trousers and a reinforced tunic. When she is ready for war she carries a musket, and when she is in a good mood she carries a violin. She moves with a fluidity that is rare in one of her race, and has an elfin beauty which disarms those who meet her. Yet she rules her clan with an iron rod and is treated with deference and respect by many powerful inhabitants of the Savage Isles.

Lyla has shown herself to be a lively and pleasant companion, and one who is generous to those who follow her. She is a ruler who inspires loyalty yet she does not make excessive demands on her followers. Her love for Balen is obvious to any who see them together.

Cohort and PC
left-aligned image

Balen Fireheart
LG Dwarf Male, 60
Fighter (Foehammer) 6
"Steel, Stone and Ale. All the Fold need to be happy!"

Balen has brown eyes and brown hair and beard which are kept braided and oiled and neatly tucked into his uniform. He is a typical dwarf - 4'8 tall and over 200 pounds, muscular and extremely fit. In public, he always wears his plate armour and a white surcoat bearing the a deep red double-bladed axe with a pointed haft and a flaring flat base, on a black field. He carries a Lucerne hammer that is 6 ft long and his pack is as tall as he is but all neatly laced down. His armour is enamelled black and all his clothes are clean and his bearing is military. On his left vambrace are three silver lines , on his right 1 silver line, 2 gold lines and a gold line with a ruby in the middle. He is the face of the Hold as he has more to do with the common people of the Maw, though not with Diplomacy which he leaves to Lyla. He is pleasant when he needs to speak to others, if little formal.

Balen is clearly devoted to Lyla and this suggests that they are married and he has left the service of his city to be with her. He is polite and pleasant unless Lyla or the clan are under threat when he is ferocious and unforgiving, Many a pirate has had their head caved in by the hammer he carries and his vigilance is legendary. Yet, he is also a skilled craftsman who is know to create the ales which are popular in the taverns of the Maw, and to have built much of Firehold. He is also rumoured to have created his own armour and weapons.

Followers
The Fireheart Clan
18 LG Dwarf Male, 5 LG Dwarf Female
1 Level 3 Warrior, 16 Level 1 Warrior(1F), 1 L2 Adept (F), 1 L1 Adept, 3 L1 Experts - Weaponsmith, Armourer, Gunsmith, 1 L2 Expert Fungus Farmer (F)

The warriors of the Clan are led by Sergeant Dori Fireheart, and wear enamelled black chain or studded leather armour and white surcoats bearing the same arms as Balen. 9, including Dori, are armed with Battleaxe and Shield and 8 are Crossbowmen.
Adepts - Clarin Goldseam and Ori Barkskin. The married pair of adepts are rarely seen in the Maw. Clarin has long blonde hair and is gregarious, though fanatical about her God Eldaron, while Ori is dark haired, quieter and interested in nature.
Weaponsmith - Bofur Fireheart - an elderly dwarf with a grumpy disposition. Makes excellent axes, hammers and crossbows, other weapons are of good quality as he believes they are not proper weapons.
Armourer - Bombur Fireheart - Bofur's son, Bombur is always happy and often sings. He is an expert at all metal armour, and is learning to make better leather based armour for the sailors in the vicinity.
Miner - Golbor Fireheart & Fungus Farmer - Meria Fireheart: Meria is a short stout dwarf who is known as the purveyor of a wide range of fungi (dried and fresh) which make ideal ships rations. She is married to Golbor who is rarely seen in the Maw but is clearly a miner from his one topic of conversation, and the items he purchases - props and other mining paraphenalia.

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; 04-12-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Thanks for the help, I understand a bit better now. I'll work on calculating and fleshing out my followers soon!
Old 03-28-2019, 08:32 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-28-2019, 09:56 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Old 03-28-2019, 10:52 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Application
Wyrmbane
"Roughly a score of the best and the worst the streets of Krakenmaw had to offer. Who else should I have picked?"
-Illya Windwalker, on the crew of the Wyrmbane

Wyrmbane is a ship who's home is the waters around Krakenmaw itself. It's captain and crew owe their allegiance to the pirate port, and are as loyal and as fierce as towards it as patriots to any more civilized land. Built from the wreckage and salvage of several ships destroyed during the failed assault by Illondiaa, the proud longship has changed hands a few times in it's lifetime, but has always stayed in the hands of a son or daughter of Krakenmaw. Her proud and ornate figurehead, a mermaid perched upon a dragon's corpse, is a welcome and comforting sight to those who frequent the port, much like a wizened regular at a tavern who all the barmaids know on sight. Wyrmbane will never be the biggest, deadliest, or fastest ship in the fleet, but she will always be their ship.

Leader and PC
right-aligned image
Illya Windwalker
CG Human Female, 31
Wind Shaman 8
"You came into these waters, now you pay the price. How is up to you, Captain."
Leadership Score: 14 Cohort/16 Followers

The newest and current skipper of the Wyrmbane, Illya Windwalker is a born-and-bred native of Krakenmaw. Her mother was employed at one of the cities many brothels, with her father being one of her clients. Having narrowly escaped death before her life even began, those around her have always believed Illya was born under a lucky star. Raised in the company she was, the young blonde grew up with a fascination of sailors and pirates. At the age of 14, she ran off to the docks to seek work aboard whatever ship would take her on, and has been at it ever since.

Illya's reported luck came flared up again that first day, as she was hired as a scullery maid aboard the Eagle's Talon. The ship's first mate, a noted half-elf druid by the name of Aria Stormrider, used her people's nature magic to aid the ship and it's crew. Aria saw something within Illya that startled and amazed her, a dormant yet inate connection to nature herself. To the surprise of all involved, Illya took to the half-elf's teachings like a duck to water...or as a bird to the skies as her case happened to be.

Taking on the title of Windwalker in honor of both the wind spirits she found she could command and the woman who taught her, Illya used her mystic connection and pirating skills to work her way up through the ranks. Boasting an athletic figure carved from years of hard work and a kind, if slightly skewed, heart and sense of morality, Illya was the first mate on Wyrmbane for over a year before it's last captain fell in battle 4 months ago. Having finally made it to the top, her eyes are now set on the lofty crown of pirating itself, the title of Cullen.

Cohort
right-aligned image
Amun, the Sand Devil
CG Male Free Ruuha, 26
Tribal Fighter 6
"May the Ancestors protect you."

Born free in the Prua Mea Desert, Amun lived the life of a nomadic wanderer along with the rest of his pack. Even at a young age, the rebellious fires which had once driven Hou to rebel were obviously burning within him. Amun was trained in the arts of combat and stealth, originally in order to protect his people. However, Amun soon figured out that he could use those same skills in the offensive, and began leading daring raids against isolated Pummer outposts and lone slave hunters.

Earning the title of "The Sand Devil" by slave and bounty hunters, Amun ended up with a nice little price on his head. While at first this seemed exciting and raised the moral of his group, Amun soon learned that it also brought about more skilled and capable bounty hunters wanting to cash in on what they saw as an easy score. In order to protect his pack, Amun ran north, hoping his hunters would eventually give up. Little did he know he was being chased by The Black Hand, a band of exiles who take on bounties in hope to one day earn back the favor of the Pharis. Leading those who persued him on a wild chase across the waters and into the Savage Isles, Amun eventually was captured and put on a boat to be sent back to Eursaa.

Fate would intervean at this point, as the ship holding him was soon after raided by the Wyrmbane, a short two months after Illya Windwalker was brought on board. As the one who killed his captor and freed Amun from his cage, Illya gained the respect and loyalty of the Ruuha warrior, and he has served as her right hand loyally to this day. However, even the loyalty of a Ruuha has it's limits, and Amun's ends at walking the streets of Krakenmaw alone, having a deep-seated paranoia of Black Whip even though he has yet to do anything to ever cross her.

Crewmen of Note (Followers) Though most of the crew of the Wyrmbane are your typical mixed bag of sailors and near-do-wells that make up most pirate ships (15 Level 1 Warriors and 10 Level 1 Experts of various races), there are a couple who have shone above and beyond expectation, and as such have earned positions of honor on the proud craft.

Fallous Martep (Human Expert 2): Second mate and Chief Ballista Operator. In another life or another universe, Fallous could have been something special. A native of Hommandun, Fallous was trained in the magical arts, showing an aptitude in the fields of transmutation and mathematics. Sadly though, during his apprenticeship Fallous was inadvertently responsible for an accident that destroyed his master's workshop, maiming his teacher and killing his childhood sweetheart. Drowning his sorrows in cheap ale became his life as he left his homeland and ended up like so many others in The Maw. In Illya's opinion, there is no better shot in all the Fleet....so long as you can keep him sober.

Old Willow (Fuusa Adept 3): There are countless stories of the oldest member of the Wyrmbane's crew, some of them contradictory and others completely nonsensical. The elderly and eclectic fuusa female is more than content to let these stories stay swirling among the crew. What is known to be true however is that Old Willow has been on the Wyrmbane longer than any current crew member, and she is notably skilled in both magical and mundane healing. Many a crewman has been more than happy to put up with the fuusa's strange habit of talking to herself and the odd smell that seems to linger around her as the cost to not have to have a leg amputated.

Mouse (Tiefling Expert 2): Illya's chambermaid and crew mascot. A young scamp who the captain saved from being beaten by a crowd outside a tavern late one night, Mouse earned her name growing up alone on the streets of Krakenmaw by sneaking into just about anywhere she could. The young tiefling serves Illya faithfully in any regard she asks of her whether it be cleaning her quarters or pinching an important key off of another pirate on a crowded street.

NPC ContactsMadame Ivania: Illya's mother and the current owner/madam of Hena's Hideaway. Originally sold to the brothel off an illicit slaver ship, Ivania is as cunning and shrewd as she is beautiful (Even though she has just turned 50, she doesn't look a day over 35). Once Illya left "home", Ivania took the coin she had been spending on her daughter's upkeep and invested it with a few traders who were regular clients, her investments allowing her to buy out the previous owner five years ago. While she has the potential to be a fount of intel based on the web of contacts she has, she also is a professional and knows that some secrets must be kept, even from her own daughter...

Aria Stormrider: Illya's former mentor and now friendly rival. The lovechild of a priestess of Lond Trí I Glad who had travled to The Savage Lands on a holy quest and the human bodyguard she had hired to escort her, Aria made her way to the Isles after growing up "too fast" had led to friction between herself and her more traditionalist mother. The half-elf learned early on how helpful even the most fundamental of natural magics can be on a ship, and has rarely found herself wanting for work. She has to date captained four different vessels, though none of them for any longer than a few months before stepping down, believing the position to be "more trouble and stress than it's worth".

"Red Boot" Colby: Friend, rival, lover, mortal enemy. Colby is all these things and more to Illya Windwalker. The pair met aboard the Eagle's Talon and even courted for a while before Illya broke things off. Normally a calm and fairly jovial person, Colby is prone to occasional and seemingly random bouts of paranoia and psychosis. When under the sway of one of these episodes, he becomes a downright bloodthirsty individual, and earned his moniker due to his patented method of execution by which he would kick the poor prone victim so hard in the face, it would make their neck snap. That being said, Colby is a skilled pirate, and has just recently earned the position of captain of the Widow's Prayer.

What I hope to get out of this...

Fantasy pirate adventures have always been a sweet spot of mine, going back to my childhood of watching The Pirates of Dark Water on CN. To be part of one and to have a hand in shaping it would be an absolute blast. I'm here for a good time and for my girl here to claim the title of Cullen someday...or die trying at the hands of some great sea-beast.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 04-12-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:49 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
Old 03-29-2019, 01:10 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5583
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Old 03-29-2019, 01:17 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics