RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 10:39 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
"Well, we could go fer food or a beer or summat," Kringle replies with a shrug. "Nah much've a rush. But if ye insist." He nods, and leads the way, walking confidently.

Kali's cold hand wraps around yours and she smiles thinly. "Haven't been exercising enough to be w-warm," she offers, giving you a nudge in the ribs, her teeth only chattering a little.
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 05-12-2019, 11:16 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch nods, but keeps an eye out for a narrow alley. He nudges Cord and nods him to continue, then redirects Kali to the alley, up against the wall for a passionate kiss. Warmer now?
Old 05-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
'My heart, yes,' Kali replies, trailing off for a long moment as you focus her attention.
Kringle seems to have noticed you're no longer following him, but he neither butts in nor lingers near the entrance to the alley.

'But I meant actual exercise. Like jogging, or... well, we shouldn't do that in an alley. So jogging.' She smiles and meets your eye, tapping the tip of your nose with her finger. 'Your favourite, dear.' She pecks you on the lips, then slowly disengages from between you and the wall.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-12-2019 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:05 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Enoch grins, follows along. You know 'jog' is actually Swedish for 'where's my car', right?
Old 05-13-2019, 12:17 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'Really?' Kali asks, a moment passing before she realizes. 'Oh'.

She smiles and fixes her hair with a moment's attention. 'Very funny,' she compliments, nodding to Cord. "Lead the way," she says, standing up straight. "But let's walk fast, okay?"

"Aright lovebirds," Kringle agrees, standing up from where he's been leaning against the wall people-watching and walking down the street. "But if'n yah try muggin' eachother like tha' in' 'is office, I might hafta sit between ye."

"His office?" Kali questions. Kringle nods. "Aye, his office. He's read in on th' monsters, y' see, and doesna like havin' monster hunters in 'is house. Jest askin' fer trouble, y'see. I didna tell him much, jus' tha' y' were a couple with very special circumstances who needed a minister loik him tah marry ye both. I figured it'd be easier tah explain in person, though I've known him for... goin' on a decade'r more now, I reckon. Counted on 'im f'r m' life a handful've times, 'e's solid."

"Oh... well, good, I suppose."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:34 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Yeah. That's pretty reasonable on a lot of levels. Enoch nods. Anything in there that's going to mess with powers our heads or anything.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:47 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Enoch
"Nah unless y' burn at th' touch've th' cross or are more'n three percent sulfur," Kringle replies. "Most've th' wards're at home, he jes' keeps a scattergun and a steel door in 'is office. Church is sacred ground an' all that. Should be right at home."
He nods toward a tall brick building. "There it is. I'll make tah intros, bu' it's yuir wedding. Y' want me tah split after tha, find a bar til yuir done?"
Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Why don't we let the pastor decide if he'd like you to remain, or when to ask you to leave. He considers. Or if we're uncomfortable answering his questions in front of you.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:17 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Enoch
"Fair 'nuff," Kringle agrees, unlatching the gate and swinging it open, stepping aside to let you pass and closing it behind you before going up to the door and knocking loudly. "Pastor Kenneth!" he calls out. "It's Cord, an' th' friends I told y' 'boot!"

He waits for a moment, then knocks again. "Pastor Kenneth?" he asks again, a note of uncertainty entering his voice.

The door swings open and out steps a clearly myopic older man, peering at you through spectacles roughly the size of dinner plates.He's roughly as tall as you are, with a wiry frame and set jaw. He breaks into a smile at the sight of Cord, spreading his arms and embracing the Klaus. "Cort, m' friend!" he exclaims. "It's mighty feckin' good tah see y' in one piece!"

"And y' too, Pastor Kenneth," Cord assures him, patting his shoulder and beaming down.

The man scoffs. "Hundredth time, Pastor's when I'm wearin' th' collar, Kenneth will do jes' fine." He finally seems to notice you. "An' you mus' be Cort's friends," he says with a smile, looking from Kali to you and back again. "Weel, no point standin' out here like a bunch've Englishmen," he says at last, turning and waving for you to follow. "Let's go inside, I've got th' special couch all cleared off for ye!"

He moves off inside, Cord chuckling and offering you a shrug before following, taking off his boots just inside the entrance where the tile meets carpet and walking down the dimly lit corridor after Kenneth, the entrance to the main sanctuary to your left.
'He seems... um.' Kali is at a loss for words, though she does pick up on the hint of taking off her shoes. 'Like he knows how he likes to do things,' she finishes tactfully.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 01:18 AM.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:42 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

He's gotta take precautions. Just think of it as comforting, that he's got experience. In spades probably. Enoch follows along, removes his shoes as required. Good to meet you, P... K... Kay how should we address you?
Old 05-13-2019, 11:11 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'Yes, okay. That makes sense.'
"Reckon 'sir' will do fer now," Kenneth replies sharply, opening his door and stepping aside for you to enter.

His office is crowded with stacks of books, maps, and journals, but as promised, there's an old leather couch that's been cleared off opposite his desk. Kringle opts to carefully remove a stack of books from a chair, setting them on the floor beside before sitting down. Kenneth pushes some stacks of books aside and drags out his office chair, pulling it in front of his desk and sitting down, motioning for you to do the same on the couch. He looks you over for a moment, then nods. "I'm Pastor Walsh," he introduces. "I hear yer lookin' t' get married, is that right? D'ye mind me askin' yer names?"
Old 05-13-2019, 12:53 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Enoch sees Kali seated first, has a seat himself. Matthew, or Matt for short. This is Kali. Sir. It felt a bit odd to be 'sirring' someone. It occurred to him that outside of his father he probably never had. But it wasn't the most odd thing he'd done recently.

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-13-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Hello," Kali greets with a small wave.

"Pastor Walsh will do fer now, Matt," Kenneth replies. "Jes' yankin' yer chain." He nods to Kali. "So. This weddin', I see tha' yer attached to each other, or mebbe some joker's superglued yer hands tagether." He leans forward. "Have y' discussed wit' yer parents?" he asks. "Jes' t' make sure? Neither've y' seem too young tah know better, but it never hurts."

"Uhm... my father and mother are both, both dead, and so are my mother's parents, but I asked my grandfather, and he met Matt, and he approved of him," Kali offers. Kenneth nods, and looks to you.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:54 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt smiles. Yeah, we've asked my parents, Pastor. Been there several times. Only thing I'm worried about is if they ever have to choose between us. Everyone loves her, even my adoptive siblings, the dog, and the most crotchety of my coworkers.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:12 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
The pastor nods. "Aright, tha's good. Now, why are you gettin' married?"

"Because... Matt is the best human I've ever met," Kali says after a moment of careful thought. "I love him, body, soul, and mind, and he loves me, and I am sure he would never, ever do anything to hurt me."

Pastor Walsh raises an eyebrow, then looks to you. "And you, Matt?"

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 04:13 PM.
Closed Thread