RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 04:26 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt sighs, thinks a moment. Because she's the one. All the graphing and analyses and tests I could ever do will never scratch the surface of the how or why of it. For anything else in this universe it would vex me to no end, but I find great joy and fulfillment in exploring the mystery with her every second. He pauses impishly before adding. Even the seconds filled with sass.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:36 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
The pastor nods. "I see. An', fer each've y', wha's somethin' ye wish tah other woult work on? Somethin' serious, nah jus' th' way tah wash is put up."

Kali thinks for a moment, glancing at Enoch. "Um... I wish, I wish that sometimes Matt would know when to say something is enough. When he already has enough work to do, especially. He likes helping people, and I do to, but sometimes I think maybe he should let people who ask try something else, before needing him. Because I know it stresses him out."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:41 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt smiles at that... His expression indicating agreement. But then the question comes to him. Kali can be a little... Possessive at times. On one hand, immensely flattering to the male ego, but I think that on some level she really worries that I might be tempted away by... What was the phrase? 'Morally fluid eye candy.' He shakes his head. I don't like the idea of her losing out on happiness because of it.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
"Are her worries founded?" Walsh asks seriously. "That is, y' e'er stepped out on 'er before? In person, or e'en tah some picture've a girl on th' computer?"

He looks at you carefully. "Y' dinna ha' tah answer in front of Cort."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:06 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt laughs out loud at this, taking a few moments to compose himself. It might speed some of this along to know that Kali is psychic. Only with expressed permission in exactly so many words. We found it... Convenient, not long after we met, for me to give her blanket permission to read my mind unless I asked her not to. So. She'd know if I did something like that. Which, just so I'm not avoiding the question, I have not, and will not.

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-13-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Ah." Walsh glances at Cord, who shrugs. "Told ye. Special circumstances."

"Uh huh," Walsh says, looking to you both. "Weel then." He looks to Kali. "Fair's fair. Have YOU e'er stepped out on Matt?" Kali opens her mouth to automatically say 'No', then closes it tightly. "Not... not like that," she manages, looking toward the ground and squeezing your hand. "It... it, it was a long time ago..."

"Ah." Walsh nods, and changes the question. "Have y' decided if ye would like tah have children together?"
A pang echoes across the link between you and Kali, and her grip on your hand tightens.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:01 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Nicky. Annalise. Matt recalls Manny's dream invasion, the scenarios, feels an echo of loss. He squeezes Kali's hand supportively. Medically... Naturally. We can't. We've thought about adoption, but our current environment isn't really one in which to start a family. There may be options available later.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:17 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Ah..." Walsh is silent for a moment. "Fergive me fer askin' tha, then..." he pauses as he thinks. "Have ye a date in mind? A location?"
Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Its all right. Matt reassures. The 18th off this month, and it's complicated. We'll take care of your transportation, and you won't need a passport.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Aright," the man agrees. "D'ye have a best man and maid've honor in mind?"
"Yeah," Kali says quietly. "Good friends of ours."
"Aye, glad to hear tha... either've y' feel like there's summat t' get off your chest before hand? To me, to Cort, to each other, your friends... whomever may need tah hear it?"
Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt shakes his head. Can't think of anything. He looks to Kali.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Um..." Kali looks at you, guilt written all over her face. 'You remember how I told you I was captain of the guard... when Nimrod came to take over, I switched sides. But those, those who didn't... I think they died...' She trails off for a moment, tears welling in her eyes. 'But I don't remember, don't remember who gave the order to kill them... and I think it might have been me. But the only person who would know is Nimrod.'
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt clears his throat of sudden emotion... Perhaps Kali's, perhaps his own. It didn't really matter. He takes her other hand, looks into her eyes through both of their tears. Kali. You share a name, and a few other traits, with the captain of the guard. That's all. And you of all people have done penance a hundred times over and a hundred times again.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Jes' give 'em a minute," Kringle murmurs, holding up his hand for Walsh to wait. "Psychic, remember?"

'I... I know,' Kali replies quietly, just a whisper in the back of your mind. 'I wanted to tell you... I just couldn't find the right time, before now. So there it is.'
Old 05-13-2019, 10:14 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt stands, not letting go.His voice cracks briefly. Can we excuse ourselves a moment? It's barely a question.