RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
"Nah, nah," Pastor Walsh says, motioning for you to sit down and standing himself. "Cort an' I will be in th' sanctuary. Y' both take as much time as y' need t' talk on tha' couch, an' give us a shout when yer done." He nods to Cord, and exits, the champion looking at you before closing the door behind himself.
Do no harm, take no guff.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-13-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:47 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5525
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt nods gratefully to the two older men. He crouches down to be on Kali's level. I know that you somehow think I'm the best human in the history of ever, and I'm determined to treat you like the angelic goddess you are. And that was a big, scary thing you just shared with me, and could have changed everything. It was incredibly brave thing, to share. C'mere. He helps her to stand, offering a hug.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:08 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
Kali sniffles and stands up, embracing you tightly and burying her face in your shoulder. 'Thank you,' she murmurs. 'This, this is why you're the best human in the history of ever. I never had anybody I could tell everything before, not even my mother, or grandmother...'

She leans back to look you in the eye, her own green eyes wide as tears stream from the corners. "But I can tell you everything," she realizes aloud, voice cracking. "And you still love me."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:53 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Yeah, you're pretty much stuck with me.. Matt smiles, wiping at her tears. I mean, you know more about me than I know about myself, rummaging around in my head. And you still love me he points out.

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-14-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:00 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Kali smiles despite herself and looks down for a moment "That's probably true," she concedes, trying to blink away the tears as she meets your eye again. "And Adriel knows you, too... and I only rummage when you're asleep." She holds on for a moment longer, then steps back, dabbing at her eyes with her sleeve and taking a deep breath. "Ooookay," she decides at last, looking up at you. "Thank you, Matt," she says earnestly. "I, I feel better, now... I think that's the only thing."
Old 05-14-2019, 03:01 AM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

The two resume their position on the couch. Kringle Kay, I think we're ready. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Kringle enters a moment later, followed by Pastor Walsh, both of them resuming their seats. The pastor regards you for a moment. "Somethin' ye'd like t' talk aboot?" he asks gently.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:20 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Ancient history. Matt relates with a strained smile. Just something that hadn't yet been said. But nobody's the same person they were in their younger days, right?

A little odd for that line to come from a person on the young side of thirty. Hopefully not strange enough for the man to press the question on a 'terrible secret agent'.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Walsh raises an eyebrow, but doesn't pry. "Course nah," he agrees. "Now, I've gathered tha' there's special circumstances. Anyone showin' up tah th' weddin' who might be... out've th' ordinary?"
"Only everyone," Kali mumbles, looking over to you. 'We should probably mention Daisy... and Marcel... and Adriel... and Oberon...'
Old 05-14-2019, 12:43 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Yeah. Outside my immediate family, prettymuch everyone. The strained smile doesn't leave his face. Not even sure where to begin. The king of the Fae, Oberon. Kali's surviving grandfather is an angel, I forget the exact flavor. A rather personable vampire and his plus-1. A nightmare-looking being with the heart of a sweet little girl, we call her Daisy. He scratches the back of his neck, trying to get a read on how the man is taking all this.

Dice insight:
d20+14 (9)+14 Total = 23

Last edited by gravenimages; 05-14-2019 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
The man's eyebrows steadily climb higher, and he looks to Cord for confirmation.
"He's tellin' th' truth," Cord assures. "Daisy's a rescue an' scary-lookin' fer sure, bu' she's nah bad atall, jes' a mite immature. Canna vouch fer Kali's gran', but I do know she's part angel so tha' makes sense. Oberon's jes' aboot th' most cordial person y' could ever meet, an' if I'm guessin' right on which vamp 'e's invitin', it'll be more like havin' a Mardis Gras King than a monster. All th' less-nice people they know are nah invited."

Walsh sighs slowly. "Weel. Tha's certainly somethin' tah consider. Matt, Kali, canna say as I'm sure why y' want me tah marry y', wit' an angel an' all in th' crowd, but I dinna ha' any objections if y' wish me tah do it. Do th' official thing here an' now wit' ter ceremony later, if yer sick've burnin' fer each other."
Kali squints at him. 'Burning for each other... if he means what I think he means, he is very late in offering.'
Old 05-14-2019, 01:00 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt clears his throat. Well... Pastor. The offer is appreciated, but despite all the incredible things, we're still one and three-quarters human between us. He coughs discreetly. We caught a stern admonishment from. Kali's grandfather on the subject already.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:07 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Ah." The pastor sighs. "Weel, then I tink all I need from y' is a ride t' where'er y're goin' when it's time. An' mebbe a day's warnin' so I ken be ready. D'ye have any scriptures y'd like t' be read?"
Old 05-14-2019, 02:02 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Hmm. Ecclesiastes four, nine through twelve, and as much of first Corinthians thirteen as you can get through before eyes start to glaze over. First eight verses or so. Matt responds.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
Walsh nods. "Very well thus." He sighs. "Weel, 'less yer about tah tell me yer life stories, I s'pose tha aboot covers it. Any've y' need a place t' spend th' night? Cort?"

Kringle shakes his head. "Nah, Kenneth, thankee," he bids. "Our ride's just outside've town."

Walsh nods, and stands, extending his hand to you. "Then I s'pose I'll see y' in a week."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 02:19 PM.
Closed Thread