RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Mutants & Masterminds > Arbiters of a New Age M&M 3e
twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5475
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Matt absently offers a closed fist, amending after after a moment to a firm if not strong handshake. We, ah, skipping the part about payment?
Old 05-14-2019, 02:37 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5727
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
Walsh shakes his head. "Nah fer a friend," he replies, nodding to Cord. "Jes' keep it, spend it on yer honeymoon or yer house or somethin' instead."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:42 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages gravenimages
Enoch

Well, we can donate to the church later. Matt nods. Well then, thank you, Pastor. Until then.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:47 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Enoch
'Yeah.'
"Til then," the pastor replies, following you to the front door, stepping out, and locking it behind him, before moving off toward the parking lot behind the church.

"Beer?" Cord suggests after a few moments, opening the gate again. "I ken take y' tah some of th' old haunts."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:56 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be right to ask you to zip right back. He looks the question to Kali. I'm staying shields-up in public.
Old 05-14-2019, 03:13 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
Enoch
'Okay.'
Kali nods. "Yes," she agrees. "We'll follow you."

Cord smiles. "Great! I'll take y' tah a quiet place where we ken get some good stout, it's nah tha' far."
True to form, Cord comes through, and soon you're seated in the corner of a relatively unpopulated pub, the quiet murmur of people and the clinking of glass the only noises to speak of. Cord orders a round of Guiness, pushing two glasses of dark beer in front of you and taking a long pull from his own, wiping the foam from his beard. "Ah, tha' hits th' spot," he says with satisfaction. "So, what'd y' tink of Kenneth? Sorry aboot some of th' questions, by the bye."
Old 05-14-2019, 03:27 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

No beer aficionado, the powerful flavor of the stout surprises Matt, and the first sip needs some encouragement to go down. Gah. Don't tell Orrin about this stuff until after the bachelor party. The young man coughs weakly. Lemme guess, it'll put hair on my chest? he jests weakly.

Guy seemed all right, and the questions weren't really out of line. Just kind of probing to see if we were serious. He looks to Kali for her take.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"It'll put hair on yuir chin," Kringle corrects, chuckling.

"I thought he was... he was all right, yes," Kali agrees, taking small sips of her drink. "And he didn't know better... and I suppose he did help me tell Enoch something important. So yes, I think I liked him."

"Good. I know 'e might seem a mite odd, but 'e's a good guy."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:28 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt takes another sip of the brew... Not quite as vile as the first due to expectations. Yeah, cause the rest of us are all paragons of normality, right? He chuckles. You want to try something local? Supposed to be good seafood in town.

Last edited by gravenimages; 08-10-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:05 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
'Um, I am not very hungry,' Kali admits. 'But I don't mind if you wanted to try some.'

Kringle chuckles. "True enough. Tink 'e'll still be thrown for a loop when 'e sees th' attendance, though." He takes another pull of his drink. "Been a bit since we sat down an' talked, though. How y' been doin' in general?"
Old 05-14-2019, 05:24 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Matt shrugs. Got a lot off my plate recently, getting married to this beautiful angel who thinks I'm the best human ever. He puts an arm around Kali. Some nagging second thoughts about jumping into the bakery business, but that's about it. You?
Old 05-14-2019, 05:45 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Weel, icin' th' gobbies took a load off my mind," Kringle replies. "Been playin' taxi an awful lot, met th' citizens o' Boreas th' other day. Other than tha', jes' been rollin' along by m'self wit' Gel."

'And maybe if I feed your ego enough, you'll start to believe it,' Kali inserts, scooting closer to you and putting her arm around your shoulders before leaning over contentedly.

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 05-14-2019 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:12 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Yeah, we gotta break that cycle. Matt smiles down at Kali. Most of the folks we bring with us are thankfully rather social, but for we Champions, we're all... Well... Most of us, kinda loners for one reason or another. Got our own business going or our own past to deal with. We still need to make effort not just to work together, but to be together. He looks surprised, considers his beverage. Well that was kinda deep. Truth in alcohol? Another sip, almost tolerable now. Another reason the shields stayed tightly up.

Last edited by gravenimages; 08-10-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch
"Epirus seems social enough," Kringle muses. "An' Inka might be loopy, bu' she seems chatty. Plus Kody an' Fath, an' Orrin's nah exactly th' solitary type. I tink it's mostly jes' you, me, an' Wraith who do th' loner thing, Doc, an' Wraith's at least tryin' wit' 'is parties."
Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 PM
(ง ̀_́)ง

Tools
User Statistics
Enoch

Well, now I've got Kali to handle my light work for me. Like dragging me out of the lab. He sighs. Making me get dressed up, go to the demonstration.. Develop a secret love of shopping. That kind of thing. He looks around for anyone in earshot before leaning forward. Wanna get some chowdah? he says in possibly the worst imitation of a Bostonian accent in the history of ever.

Last edited by gravenimages; 08-10-2019 at 08:34 AM.
Closed Thread